PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Hibs could do this?

Billy Whizz
01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20158398

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20158398

No

Viva_Palmeiras
01-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I understand management would like but it's down to authorities.

Mikey
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't think we need to, BTG is usually pretty busy.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't think we need to, BTG is usually pretty busy.

Is there not potential for facilities in the South stand?

Mikey
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Dunno!

Don't think so, at least nothing that's ready to go.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM

That's a great idea!

green glory
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Anything that helps increase revenue without ****ing over the taxpayer is a good idea IMO.

marinello59
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM

Perhaps the East Stand concourse could be developed to include a larger supporters bar. BTG is more suited to private functions than serving pints to the masses.

LancashireHibby
01-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Inverness' home crowds are made up of a much higher proportion of away fans than at Easter Road so probably far more lucrative than it may be for us, but I see no reason why away fans (bar Celtc, Hearts & Aberdeen) can't be admitted in to BTG.

One think I would like to see is BTG being open after the game*, think there was an article saying Brighton have done it (also admitting away fans) and seen a big boost to revenue.

*Someone please correct me if BTG is already open after games

WindyMiller
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Perhaps the East Stand concourse could be developed to include a larger supporters bar. BTG is more suited to private functions than serving pints to the masses.

:agree:

Yes please.

jacomo
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Away fans often have a favoured pub to visit... any new facilities would be competing with them. Hibs are part of the community and I am not sure that taking business away from others nearby is the way to go.

Our club should be focusing all its efforts on increasing home fan attendances - that's where the opportunity lies. As others have said, ICT matchdays are quite different and perhaps this makes sense for them.

jonty
01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Away fans often have a favoured pub to visit... any new facilities would be competing with them. Hibs are part of the community and I am not sure that taking business away from others nearby is the way to go.

Our club should be focusing all its efforts on increasing home fan attendances - that's where the opportunity lies. As others have said, ICT matchdays are quite different and perhaps this makes sense for them.

Hibs should buy a couple of local pubs then. Is the cabbage and ribs still shut down? :greengrin

marinello59
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

I do like the sentiment of your post but as a part of the business community I see nothing wrong with Hibs trying to increase their match day takings. As it stands at the moment BTG could be said to be taking business from local pubs already yet on matchday they are still reasonably busy.

Kojock
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Inverness' home crowds are made up of a much higher proportion of away fans than at Easter Road so probably far more lucrative than it may be for us, but I see no reason why away fans (bar Celtc, Hearts & Aberdeen) can't be admitted in to BTG.

One think I would like to see is BTG being open after the game*, think there was an article saying Brighton have done it (also admitting away fans) and seen a big boost to revenue.

*Someone please correct me if BTG is already open after games

You are corrected. BTG is open after the game. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
You are corrected. BTG is open after the game. :thumbsup:
Cheers, can't say I've ever been in as I've always been under the impression that it's ST holders only (feel free to correct on that one as well!)

marinello59
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Cheers, can't say I've ever been in as I've always been under the impression that it's ST holders only (feel free to correct on that one as well!)

It is ST holders only. So you are right on that one. :greengrin

Kojock
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM

Don't think it would be financially viable to open a bar in the South stand. The construction costs and running costs would outweigh any potential income. We only have a maximum of 19 home games (excl cup ties) . Our bigger league games, Smeltic and Hertz are normally moved to Sunday. So the early KO would mean they would not be able to serve alcohol, plus evening games when away fans struggle to make KO time. How many ICT, Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, St Johnstone fans would such a facility attract ?? Think its a non starter TBH

Kojock
01-11-2012, 03:18 PM

I hate to correct the corrector but its ST holders and their guests. :na na:

marinello59
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
I hate to correct the corrector but its ST holders and their guests. :na na:

Good point, I forgot about that. That's what happens when you have no mates to take in as a guest. :boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
One out of two isn't bad :greengrin

HH81
01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Season ticket holders can get non season ticket holders in? Well I got in :-)

Saorsa
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Season ticket holders can get non season ticket holders in? Well I got in :-)Aye, but you'll no be getting in again efter the last time :wink: :greengrin

O'Rourke3
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Anything that helps increase revenue without ****ing over the taxpayer is a good idea IMO.

:faf: