PDA

View Full Version : The New Year Derby Dilema.

Ultrabee1-0
31-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Am not to sure on this one I want to back our boys to the hills and be there for the 40th anniversary of 7-0, but I don't want these ****my ***** getting my dosh and helping them out the financial crisis, its a hard and I would like to see your thoughts on this I'll make my mind up when tickets come on sale.

frazeHFC
31-10-2012, 11:50 PM
We are gonna win, i've got to be there!

Saorsa
31-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Am not to sure on this one I want to back our boys to the hills and be there for the 40th anniversary of 7-0, but I don't want these ****my ***** getting my dosh and helping them out the financial crisis, its a hard and I would like to see your thoughts on this I'll make my mind up when tickets come on sale.Dinnae see the dilemma, if you want tae go get a ticket, if you dinnae, then dinnae get one. I'll no be there, nae dilemma.

Hermit Crab
01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Am not to sure on this one I want to back our boys to the hills and be there for the 40th anniversary of 7-0, but I don't want these ****my ***** getting my dosh and helping them out the financial crisis, its a hard and I would like to see your thoughts on this I'll make my mind up when tickets come on sale.

You're going to see Hibs. That's all that matters IMO. I don't buy this I won't give them the money pish, if you want to go you'll go.

Broken Gnome
01-11-2012, 12:16 AM
First derby, empty seats an all, was our take it on the chin one. Now time to start giving it back - full away end required.

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 12:34 AM
We'll sell out.

I want us to absolutely destroy them.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:41 AM

Il be there no matter what.
Our money ain't going to save them.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:43 AM
First derby, empty seats an all, was our take it on the chin one. Now time to start giving it back - full away end required.

Absolutely, has to be a sell out.

AlbertK86
01-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Absolutely, has to be a sell out.

Yep .. Allez allez allez oh and they're going bust belted out

Lets get behind them in full voice for the whole 90

Www1875hfc
01-11-2012, 06:50 AM

:agree:
If you thought the atmosphere was good at Motherwell,imagine what a full away end will be like at the pink wonga dome.?

Your ther for 1 reason only,and thats for Hibernian.Lets turn up in numbers and get right behind them as always.

Hibercelona
01-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Whats more important to you. Watching these ****ers die? or getting behind the team you follow?

Now I know the first one is very tempting, but i'd rather go see the Hibs, even if it means they live just that little bit longer.

green glory
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
This time they get a humping. Happy Birthday 7-0!

I'll be there, no question!

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
What dilemma is this? I know some folk haven't been to Tynecastle since the Mercer saga, and fair enough. But for most Hibs fans, if they can afford it and have the time etc, Tynie should be right up there on your "to go to" list, especially with these trumpets on a downward spiral.

Wheat Hound
01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Im gutted. Had made great efforts to book the 2nd off work only for the move to the 3rd. Id already arranged to take both my wee girls to the pantomime on the 3rd and, believe me, there's no backing out of that one now. So, my quandry is do I subtly watch text updates on my phone or do I tape the game, avoid the score and hope naeone shouts the score out to Grant Stott?!!!

frazeHFC
01-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Im gutted. Had made great efforts to book the 2nd off work only for the move to the 3rd. Id already arranged to take both my wee girls to the pantomime on the 3rd and, believe me, there's no backing out of that one now. So, my quandry is do I subtly watch text updates on my phone or do I tape the game, avoid the score and hope naeone shouts the score out to Grant Stott?!!!

Tell them that they are going to go see a different kind of pantomine. :jamboclow

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Forlorn hope IMO (unless it's a dire 0-0, maybe).

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM

You forgot paedopaedopaedophile

scoopyboy
01-11-2012, 10:06 AM

Your money and my money will make no difference to their demise whatsoever.

A full hibs end won't even give them breathing space.

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 10:20 AM

No.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
No.

Why?
It's another absolute ripping for them.
I don't understand why we wouldn't use this and show them up for the bunch of beasts that they are.
They still employ the guy.

green glory
01-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Why?
I don't understand why we wouldn't use this and show them up for the bunch of beasts that they are.

I'm not a parent but how do you explain that to your 5 year old son/daughter who's sitting next to you?

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not a parent but how do you explain that to your 5 year old son/daughter who's sitting next to you?

Well 5 yr olds shouldn't be at games like that, and if you want to take them that's just tough. I would never take my daughter to hearts away.
Why? Cos I know what gets sung at these games and the language is vile.
I hate this pc rubbish.

green glory
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Well 5 yr olds shouldn't be at games like that, and if you want to take them that's just tough. I would never take my daughter to hearts away.
I hate this pc rubbish.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'd rather sing Hibs songs.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 11:37 AM

I know and I love singing Hibs songs, but it's a bit of humour.
I mean, you don't agree with the song, but what about some of the vile language? I don't like everything I hear at games, but I'm not going to tell folk not to say it.
Racial etc is different, but wherever your from, nobody likes a paedo.
It just so happens out biggest rivals keep employing them, so why shouldn't we have a song about it, it's just a laugh.
Paedo song or no paedo song, my wee lassie will never be at a hearts game etc cos I don't want her hearing the abuse and language. Some dads may not mind, it's down to the parent. If you don't want to hear this things, then you just don't go.

ZS DOOM
01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
give it a rest with the song debate. there's 3000+ people singing "naughty" songs on derby day, it's not going to stop any time soon

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
give it a rest with the song debate. there's 3000+ people singing "naughty" songs on derby day, it's not going to stop any time soon

Exactly, and you must agree if you have a problem with offensive songs, then your watching the wrong sport.

Big Frank
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Exactly, and you must agree if you have a problem with offensive songs, then your watching the wrong sport.

... from the explosion of posts on here and the bounce, your defo a merrick.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
... from the explosion of posts on here and the bounce, your defo a merrick.

Merrick (Gaelic: Mearaig) is the highest mountain in the Southern Uplands of southern Scotland and is part of the Range of the Awful Hand. The shortest route of ascent is from the car park in Glen Trool. The car park is located near Bruces Stane, a monument commemorating the victory of Robert the Bruce over the English forces of Edward II at the Battle of Glen Trool in 1307.

Have I missed something?

Bostonhibby
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Dinnae see the dilemma, if you want tae go get a ticket, if you dinnae, then dinnae get one. I'll no be there, nae dilemma.

:agree: A few of us made the decision a while ago not to give them the money. I was there for 0-7 and others but they won't be getting a dime from me whilst things are going the way they are over tiny way.:greengrin

green glory
01-11-2012, 12:00 PM

I'm not especially offended by any songs. This one in particular only serves to make us look bad. As Eddie Turnbull would have said. 'Not Hibs class'.

marinello59
01-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I hate this pc rubbish.
My young son goes to all the games with me now. It's not him that should find his attendance at Tynecastle unacceptable. It's the moronic element that think its OK to use child abuse as a wee bit of banter who should stay away. There is nowt PC about that viewpoint, it's common decency.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:01 PM
:agree: A few of us made the decision a while ago not to give them the money. I was there for 0-7 and others but they won't be getting a dime from me whilst things are going the way they are over tiny way.:greengrin

I'm going but I can see why people won't. I expect to pay near enough £40 for a ticket, and bearing in mind I paid the same to see Ajax play Lyon in the champions league, it's hardly value for money!

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm not especially offended by any songs. This one in particular only serves to make us look bad. As Eddie Turnbull would have said. 'Not Hibs class'.

Bad to who?
I think employing sex offenders makes a club look bad. Not giving them it tight for it.

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM

This :agree:

Doesn't offend me personally - after all, I'm not Craig Thomson (thank f***) - but it's just not funny and paedophilia isn't a topic to be made light of IMO.

Plenty of other songs with naughty words in that I'll sing along merrily to.

Anyway, hopefully with the rise of Sect 43 and general positive atmosphere at Hibs games, pish like the above would soon get drowned out by a real Hibs song anyway.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:06 PM
My young son goes to all the games with me now. It's not him that find his attendance at Tynecastle unacceptable. It's the moronic element that think its OK to use child abuse as a wee bit of banter who should stay away. There is nowt PC about that viewpoint, it's common decency.

And that's your choice to take him and fair enough.
But you can't expect people not to say and sing offensive stuff incase there's a bairn there.
We are talking bout fully grown drunken men together at a game which we hate the other team more than any other team.
I don't see the issue tbh. As I said, I wouldn't take my daughter because of this, but I'm not expecting people to start being nice cos she might be there.

1875Sean
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone hear when the tickets are likely to be on sale?

marinello59
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
And that's your choice to take him and fair enough.
But you can't expect people not to say and sing offensive stuff incase there's a bairn there.
We are talking bout fully grown drunken men together at a game which we hate the other team more than any other team.
I don't see the issue tbh. As I said, I wouldn't take my daughter because of this, but I'm not expecting people to start being nice cos she might be there.

If fully grown drunken men become so twisted by hatred at a football match that they don't know how to conduct themselves in the presence of kids then maybe they should find another way to spend their time.

Eyrie
01-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I mean, you don't agree with the song, but what about some of the vile language? I don't like everything I hear at games, but I'm not going to tell folk not to say it.
It just so happens out biggest rivals keep employing them, so why shouldn't we have a song about it, it's just a laugh.
Paedo song or no paedo song, my wee lassie will never be at a hearts game etc cos I don't want her hearing the abuse and language. Some dads may not mind, it's down to the parent. If you don't want to hear this things, then you just don't go.
So you think that paedophilia is something that is "just a laugh" and "a bit of humour", that it is something which can be made light of?

I think there are plenty of other topics to wind them up about without stooping that low.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone hear when the tickets are likely to be on sale?

Guy in the office said should be an announcement regarding tickets in the next week after the st mirren game.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
If fully grown drunken men become so twisted by hatred at a football match that they don't know how to conduct themselves in the presence of kids then maybe they should find another way to spend their time.

Like that's going to happen.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
So you think that paedophilia is something that is "just a laugh" and "a bit of humour", that it is something which can be made light of?

I think there are plenty of other topics to wind them up about without stooping that low.

We aren't laughing at paedophillia, we are laughing at hearts employing sex offenders time and time again.
And when it's broadcast nationnally to people who don't know, I think they have the right to know what hearts are all about.

Minty Mike
01-11-2012, 12:29 PM

We're going to win this money and your money won't help saved them - they're ******. Only a matter of time.

marinello59
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
We aren't laughing at paedophillia, we are laughing at hearts employing sex offenders time and time again.
And when it's broadcast nationnally to people who don't know, I think they have the right to know what hearts are all about.

Oh as well as taking a principled stand against child abuse by singing about it in front of kids you are providing a public information service. All whilst revelling in the hilarity that child abuse provokes. Aye................or you are simply on the wind up here.

marinello59
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
This :agree:

Doesn't offend me personally - after all, I'm not Craig Thomson (thank f***) - but it's just not funny and paedophilia isn't a topic to be made light of IMO.

Plenty of other songs with naughty words in that I'll sing along merrily to.

Anyway, hopefully with the rise of Sect 43 and general positive atmosphere at Hibs games, pish like the above would soon get drowned out by a real Hibs song anyway.

:top marks

Big Frank
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Merrick (Gaelic: Mearaig) is the highest mountain in the Southern Uplands of southern Scotland and is part of the Range of the Awful Hand. The shortest route of ascent is from the car park in Glen Trool. The car park is located near Bruces Stane, a monument commemorating the victory of Robert the Bruce over the English forces of Edward II at the Battle of Glen Trool in 1307.

Have I missed something?

probably

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Oh as well as taking a principled stand against child abuse by singing about it in front of kids you are providing a public information service. All whilst revelling in the hilarity that child abuse provokes. Aye................or you are simply on the wind up here.

Get a grip mate.

Your clearly one of these people who is just offended at everything that's not, in your opinion, politically correct.
Lighten up, do you really think anyone who sings the Thomson song finds child abuse hilarious.
Seriously, lighten up. It's banter.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
probably

Not probably mate, clearly.

green glory
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Not probably mate, clearly.

John Hurt agrees.

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Personally I think we only sing the "pedophile" song when we've got nothing else going on for us - e.g. we're losing. The amount of times that's happened is so notable that I reckon the mentality is like this - "Ehhhhhhh we're 1-0 down, what've we got that they don't? Oh, they've employed a sex offender. Let's go with that." I'd like to hear songs about Hibs at derbies more for the fact that we'll be ahead if anything. Oh, and some when we're losing, too. Keep the spirits up.

marinello59
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Get a grip mate.

Your clearly one of these people who is just offended at everything that's not, in your opinion, politically correct.
Lighten up, do you really think anyone who sings the Thomson song finds child abuse hilarious.

Ah, lost the argument so now time to belittle somebody?
You stated that you 'laughing at them' for employing sex offenders. :confused:
Whetehr I find it offensive or not is neither here nor there. As I have said before, since when did knowing how to behave in front of kids become politically correct? :confused:

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Get a grip mate.

I can't comment for the other poster, but my main gripe with the song is that it has f*** all to do with Hibernian FC, gives bugger all motivation to the players on the park ("oh, splendid, our fans are busying themselves with a song about an opposition player who isn't even in the country, let alone on the pitch") and finally, it's a pish, unfunny song.

I'd like to think enough of the Roseburn stand on Jan 3rd will think likewise and this turd of a song it won't get the jolly airing you seem to want it to get.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Hearts could have sell out home derbies every week for the next 20 years and they still could not trade their way out of their debt.
The only way they can avoid liquidation is if cash transfers resume from Lithunia. I don't think that will happen.
So of you want to go to the Derby, go for it.
And sing songs about Hibs. Hopefully about us still being top of the league.

18/03/07
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
On a more serious note,what will be a reasonable time to go to the Roseburn?go early get p!shed and risk not getting into the game?or try going about 5pm and risk not getting into the Roseburn?

green glory
01-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Hearts could have sell out home derbies every week for the next 20 years and they still could not trade their way out of their debt.
The only way they can avoid liquidation is if cash transfers resume from Lithunia. I don't think that will happen.
So of you want to go to the Derby, go for it.
And sing songs about Hibs. Hopefully about us still being top of the league.

It would take until approximately 2079 and that's not an exaggeration. Seriously it's that bad for them.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Ah, lost the argument so now time to belittle somebody?
You stated that you 'laughing at them' for employing sex offenders. :confused:
Whetehr I find it offensive or not is neither here nor there. As I have said before, since when did knowing how to behave in front of kids become politically correct? :confused:

What are you on about? Is this meant to be an argument?
I can't believe all your going on about is how to behave in front of kids???
I've never attended a Hibs game in my life where offensive stuff hasn't been shouted by someone.
It's football, it's a laugh, lighten up stop taking it so seriously.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
On a more serious note,what will be a reasonable time to go to the Roseburn?go early get p!shed and risk not getting into the game?or try going about 5pm and risk not getting into the Roseburn?

I'm thinking bout 3.
Better not get too drunk and enjoy it though, might shout some offensive songs to the hearts fans when there are bairns about...........,

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I can't comment for the other poster, but my main gripe with the song is that it has f*** all to do with Hibernian FC, gives bugger all motivation to the players on the park ("oh, splendid, our fans are busying themselves with a song about an opposition player who isn't even in the country, let alone on the pitch") and finally, it's a pish, unfunny song.

I'd like to think enough of the Roseburn stand on Jan 3rd will think likewise and this turd of a song it won't get the jolly airing you seem to want it to get.

It's another thing to rip them about.
Why do people get so offended so easily these days?

ZS DOOM
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Murrayfield hotel is where it's at these days

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Murrayfield hotel is where it's at these days

Can u start early there?

marinello59
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
What are you on about? Is this meant to be an argument?
I can't believe all your going on about is how to behave in front of kids???
I've never attended a Hibs game in my life where offensive stuff hasn't been shouted by someone.
It's football, it's a laugh, lighten up stop taking it so seriously.

No it's obviously not a debate. You are telling us why we shouldn't bring our kids. I am sorry for mentioning children at all now really.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
No it's obviously not a debate. You are telling everybody what you are going to do and why we shouldn't bring our kids.

If you read back youl see at no point did I say you shouldn't bring your kids.
I said its up to the individual parent if they want to bring their kids to a game like the hearts game.
You can't take your kids to a game like that and moan because an offensive song was sung to the opposition.
All I'm saying is if you don't like what you hear, don't go.
It's not racist, sexist or homophobic so who really gives a

green glory
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I said its up to the individual parent if they want to bring their kids to a game like the hearts game.
You can't take your kids to a game like that and moan because an offensive song was sung to the opposition.

Enjoy your song.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Enjoy your song.

God you are one miserable person.

Eyrie
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Anyone who regards paedophilia as a serious matter would really give a . If you think it is an acceptable subject matter for a song, then why not sing it as a lullaby to your children? After all, you consider it acceptable to sing it at children in the Hearts end.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 02:53 PM
anyone who regards paedophilia as a serious matter would really give a . If you think it is an acceptable subject matter for a song, then why not sing it as a lullaby to your children? After all, you consider it acceptable to sing it at children in the hearts end.

who cares!!!!

marinello59
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Well 5 yr olds shouldn't be at games like that, and if you want to take them that's just tough. .

That's where you stated that we shouldn't take kids to the game.

There's where you say that it's a laugh...........despite later claiming not to find the songs funny.

[B]It's not racist, sexist or homophobic so who really gives a ****?

Looks like you are just at the wind up, hell you even introduced the topic. Dumb of me to fall for it I guess.
Your last comment says it all about your attitude. Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are pretty decent which makes me all the more stupid for even rising to your bait.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
who cares!!!!

Me.

Gie it a rest FFS.

ZS DOOM
01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Can u start early there?

It's not a sunday so i don't see why not

Jones28
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM

No ta

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
That's where you stated that we shouldn't take kids to the game.

There's where you say that it's a laugh...........despite later claiming not to find the songs funny.

Looks like you are just at the wind up, hell you even introduced the topic. Dumb of me to fall for it I guess.
Your last comment says it all about your attitude. Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are pretty decent which makes me all the more stupid for even rising to your bait.

So it's acceptable to call kids in the hearts support, hearts ********s, s etc?
Where does it end what you can and can't say?
I'm sure come the third everyone will listen to you and just sit in silence incase they offend a kid

Jones28
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
So it's acceptable to call kids in the hearts support, hearts ********s, c**ts etc?
I'm sure come the third everyone will listen to you and just sit in silence incase they offend a kid

Enough's enough, you've made your point and you are still in the minority.

Singing paedopaedopaedophile is NOT HIBS CLASS

marinello59
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
So it's acceptable to call kids in the hearts support, hearts ********s, c**ts etc?
:faf:
So you get caught out denying stuff that you have said and ignore it. All you do is attempt to ridicule anybody who disagrees with you or just tell them to lighten up. Trolling really isn't it? Don't bother replying to me anymore, I wont be reading it.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
:faf:
So you get caught out denying stuff that you have said and ignore it. All you do is attempt to ridicule anybody who disagrees with you or just tell them to lighten up. Trolling really isn't it? Don't bother replying to me anymore, I wont be reading it.

Caught out denying what?

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Enough's enough, you've made your point and you are still in the minority.

Singing paedopaedopaedophile is NOT HIBS CLASS

Yeah, I suppose 2-1 does make me the minority tbf.
But still you need to lighten up. Bet your the type to sit there moaning the whole game instead of just getting over the fact most people can't be doing with your pc rubbish.

green glory
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
But still you need to lighten up. Bet your the type to sit there moaning the whole game instead of just getting over the fact most people can't be doing with your pc rubbish.

Can I ask your age if it's ok?

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Can I ask your age if it's ok?

No

southsider
01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I would say go to the game guys. Might be last ever derby at the old PBS. Or perhaps WONGA may bail them out wi a loan to pay HMRC.........at 3440 %

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I would say go to the game guys. Might be last ever derby at the old PBS. Or perhaps WONGA may bail them out wi a loan to pay HMRC.........at 3440 %

Watch you don't offend any jambos. Some people on here might get offended!
Il b there defo, can't wait!

MSK
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Watch you don't offend any jambos. Some people on here might get offended!
Il b there defo, can't wait!FFS gie it a rest man ..yer like a dug wi a ****ing bone ..you seem hell bent on confrontation here, keep it up & you wont last much longer ..

green glory
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM

When it turned out they were paying interest to mad Vlad on their debt, that was a blow to the Jambos I know. Burst their bubble on owing it to themselves.

The Celtic fans have already done the coffin thing . Could someone make a big yellow cardboard JCB to take to the PBS lol?

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 03:59 PM
FFS gie it a rest man ..yer like a dug wi a ****ing bone ..you seem hell bent on confrontation here, keep it up & you wont last much longer ..

Steady mate

MSK
01-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Steady mateYou steady ..take my advice ...mate ..

01-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Leave out the peado songs, they are just embarrassing now and we are better than that. Our boys will be more lifted and inspired if they hear a full hibs end belting out hibs songs rather than songs about sick pedophiles who are not even at hearts anymore. Hearts handling of the Thompson case was disgusting and shows just how little morals they have, considering they only eventually sacked the guy because their sponsors threatened to walk away if they didn't but its ancient history now and as mentioned above, there are kids in the support and if I was a parent I certainly wouldn't want to hear my son or daughter joining in songs like that.

Plenty of hibs songs to sings so can we please just stick with that :flag:

GGTTH

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Leave out the peado songs, they are just embarrassing now and we are better than that. Our boys will be more lifted and inspired if they hear a full hibs end belting out hibs songs rather than songs about sick pedophiles who are not even at hearts anymore. Hearts handling of the Thompson case was disgusting and shows just how little morals they have, considering they only eventually sacked the guy because their sponsors threatened to walk away if they didn't but its ancient history now and as mentioned above, there are kids in the support and if I was a parent I certainly wouldn't want to hear my son or daughter joining in songs like that.

Plenty of hibs songs to sings so can we please just stick with that :flag:

GGTTH

That's where your wrong, he's still a hearts employee.

green glory
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM

Any chance of getting back on topic?

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
It's another thing to rip them about.
Why do people get so offended so easily these days?

That's the thing. I can think of many more pertinent and humorous things to rip them about, in amongst singing songs that glorify our own great club of course.

And I've already said that that song - and indeed anything (pretty much) short of outright racism - doesn't offend me. It's just a pish song.

Stepping back from all the drama "PC Brigade" "Drunken men doing what drunken men do" chat, look at it this way.

You're a Hibs fan, going to support Hibs, yet you (and I daresay there will be a few others) all up for singing about a Hearts player - who wasn't even that good - who is away in some gulag in Lithland because he did something bloody disgusting, yet has no influence on Hibs, Hearts or the match you are attending.

Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd? It's not like Craig Thomson ever did anything particular (besides being a mediocre Hearts player which I accept is enough for some) to rile us on the football field. If he was even in their squad I'd understand the reason behind singing the song (not that it's "a laugh", but because it might get to a Hearts player causing them to play *****e and thus - inadvertently and unintentionally - benefit Hibs on the field of play).

Anyway, as long as this thread stays on this topic, it's destined to get shut down.

God willing, I'll be in the Roseburn End on Jan 3rd supporting Hibs with all my voice, and supporting Edinburgh's public taverns with all my wallet and liver. As someone living far from home most of the year, I cannot bloody wait!!

Jones28
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM

Do you not understand that the phrase "not hibs class" is used to say to people not to not do/sing something because it has no class and taste! If I thought something wasnt PC then I would've said so.

And who the **** do you think you are to make judgements on other people when they go to games?
:na na:

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Do you not understand that the phrase "not hibs class" is used to say to people not to not do/sing something because it has no class and taste! If I thought something wasnt PC then I would've said so.

And who the **** do you think you are to make judgements on other people when they go to games?
BYSY ya fud? :na na:

I've not done anything of the sort to anyone on here, but il mind and run it by you next time I have an opinion to see if you agree or not before I post it.

It's a forum, we have debates and discussions.

The only thing we all have in common is we support the same team.

So go and get over yourself, you remind me of a Jambo/Hun with your if u don't think like me your wrong attitude.

Take it to Tynie or ibrox pal.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM

:agree: Spoken with some authority there I feel

green glory
01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
:agree: Spoken with some authority there I feel

Jeezus don't encourage him lol.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Jeezus don't encourage him lol.

Sorry, Never have recovered from the loss of Carl Macar and wee Shaun Lawson :greengrin

Jones28
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I've not done anything of the sort to anyone on here, but il mind and run it by you next time I have an opinion to see if you agree or not before I post it.

It's a forum, we have debates and discussions.

The only thing we all have in common is we support the same team.

So go and get over yourself, you remind me of a Jambo/Hun with your if u don't think like me your wrong attitude.

Take it to Tynie or ibrox pal.

You've done that several times on this thread alone, you said "I bet you're the type who sits at games and moans" or something of the sort. Something I resent as it's not true. I wouldn't bother running anything past me either, cos no matter what you say 99 times out of 100 I'll still think it's pish :aok:

Oooh look, an opinion!! :na na:

I think you're the one that needs to get over themselves. Tell me where in my post I said anything of the sort? :confused:

Nahh, you'll be at Tynie before me mate, take it for me eh? :cb

cocopops1875
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
You've done that several times on this thread alone, you said "I bet you're the type who sits at games and moans" or something of the sort. Something I resent as it's not true. I wouldn't bother running anything past me either, cos no matter what you say 99 times out of 100 I'll still think it's pish :aok:

Oooh look, an opinion!! :na na:

I think you're the one that needs to get over themselves. Tell me where in my post I said anything of the sort? :confused:

Nahh, you'll be at Tynie before me mate, take it for me eh? :cb

The boys a :troll: of the highest order and must have set some kind of record for most posts in 1st 3 days of joining a forum. Best ignored

Jones28
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
The boys a :troll: of the highest order and must have set some kind of record for most posts in 1st 3 days of joining a forum. Best ignored

Agreed :agree:

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry, Never have recovered from the loss of Carl Macar and wee Shaun Lawson :greengrin

Forgot about him! Didn't he try to become best pals with us by means of posting waffling 2 page essays and then become extremely bitter and abusive over on Kickback once we got rid?

Bostonhibby
01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Forgot about him! Didn't he try to become best pals with us by means of posting waffling 2 page essays and then become extremely bitter and abusive over on Kickback once we got rid?

Yep, legend in his own bedtime............

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Personally I think we only sing the "pedophile" song when we've got nothing else going on for us - e.g. we're losing. The amount of times that's happened is so notable that I reckon the mentality is like this - "Ehhhhhhh we're 1-0 down, what've we got that they don't? Oh, they've employed a sex offender. Let's go with that." I'd like to hear songs about Hibs at derbies more for the fact that we'll be ahead if anything. Oh, and some when we're losing, too. Keep the spirits up.

we were winning at fir park last friday when i heard that little ditty, although to be fair, i only heard it the once :)

ZS DOOM
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
we were winning at fir park last friday when i heard that little ditty, although to be fair, i only heard it the once :)

There were plenty folk trying to start paedo and mercer songs. Thankfully we drowned most out

Each to their own on derby day but not any other match

semaj64
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes intend heading along, for first time in years looking forward to the game

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Been told I have to go to Tynie no choice :greengrin

cocopops1875
01-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Been told I have to go to Tynie no choice :greengrin

gussyboy's Ticket will be available :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM

I thought gussyboy was a ticket :greengrin

Since90+2
02-11-2012, 08:35 AM
The only dilema I have for the 3rd Jan is how early to go to the Roseburn :greengrin

Just Alf
02-11-2012, 08:53 AM

thats ok I suppose.... you'd just be in beside all the BUST's :yw:

Paisley Hibby
02-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Have not looked through the rest of this thread but I'd just like to back green glory on this. He's right. It's not a bit of humour. It's tasteless and ignorant. There's no excuse for signing it and fans that do are letting the rest of us down.

FifeHibernian
02-11-2012, 01:03 PM

Singing "paedophile" is just insensitive. It's just a cheap shot towards Hearts with absolutely no thought for the people that have been on the recieving end of the abuse. Imagine singing "murdermurdermurderer" at the Hearts fans. It would be embarrassing. Singing "paedophile" is pretty much the same thing.

1two
02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Why?

Cos it's cringeworthy, classless and not very funny