PDA

View Full Version : Benji.

Mango Man
31-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Heard from a guy in work, who is Moroccan, that Benji is back training Hibs youngsters or something, I've not heard anything of this and personally think it's not true, I mean why would we get him back to do that?! just wondering if anybody else had heard anything?

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Heard from a guy in work, who is Moroccan, that Benji is back training Hibs youngsters or something, I've not heard anything of this and personally think it's not true, I mean why would we get him back to do that?! just wondering if anybody else had heard anything?

Boozy.

Mango Man
31-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Boozy.

That would make sense, but we were having a full conversation about Past and present Moroccan players and I asked him if he had heard what Benji was up to nowadays, and he told me he was back at Hibs training the youngsters. I really do doubt it, would have heard something, gonna have to give the boy a telling off the morra.

:flag:

Diclonius
31-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I've heard it's the first step to his dream of being the youth coach at Real Madrid.

Cocaine&Caviar
31-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I still believe a fully fit and on form Benji is as good as Steven Fletcher.

Fae the capital
31-10-2012, 11:46 PM

???????????????!

cocopops1875
31-10-2012, 11:53 PM
???????????????!

your point is ? as im pretty sure he explained his :confused:

Minder
31-10-2012, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Scorrin Dick;3395536]I still believe a fully fit and on form Benji is as good as Steven Fletcher.[/QUOTE

I would say more like Norman Stanley Fletcher than Steven Fletcher on work ethic.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
your point is ? as im pretty sure he explained his :confused:

I was lost for words

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 06:27 AM

A what sorry??? :confused: Not to mention the mental/work ethic side of things which were always a complete lottery with Benji.

hibsbollah
01-11-2012, 06:49 AM

Agree completely :agree: and we saw a glimpse of what they could have been in the 5-1 final. Those two up front, zemmama behind, two quality attacking full backs and a dynamic midfield. That team were a joy to watch sometimes when they were on song.

Winston Ingram
01-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Benji is one of the most talented strikers I've seen at ER. He wasn't as bad as Riordan for attitude and fitness but wasn't far off

xyz23jc
01-11-2012, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=Scorrin Dick;3395536]I still believe a fully fit and on form Benji is as good as Steven Fletcher.[/QUOTE

I would say more like Norman Stanley Fletcher than Steven Fletcher on work ethic.

:greengrin
:not worth:agree: Kwality! Defo Hibs class! :top marks

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Benji is one of the most talented strikers I've seen at ER. He wasn't as bad as Riordan for attitude and fitness but wasn't far off

How can you honestly say that?
The guy clearly had some talent, but his career completely contradicts your opinion of him.
He sh*t and that's why he's not with us and you've never heard of him since.

brog
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Agree completely :agree: and we saw a glimpse of what they could have been in the 5-1 final. Those two up front, zemmama behind, two quality attacking full backs and a dynamic midfield. That team were a joy to watch sometimes when they were on song.

Agreed, but in the final Z only made a late cameo appearance after the game was won.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Benji would go straight into my " Let's have a pointless thread that ends up in arguments X1".

In fact, I would play a front three of him, Clayton Donaldson, MAC.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Benji would go straight into my " Let's have a pointless thread that ends up in arguments X1".

MAC! I forgot about that donkey. Agogo could go in this category as well.

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 09:48 AM

With Brian Kerr, Alan O'Brien and Kevin McBride behind them (Jimmy Scott and Cregg on the bench) you have a rip-snorter of a midfield and attack there.

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
With Brian Kerr, Alan O'Brien and Kevin McBride behind them (Jimmy Scott and Cregg on the bench) you have a rip-snorter of a midfield and attack there.

Big Colin Murdoch at the back with malkowski in goal.
Cc as manager, what a team that would have been!

hibs0666
01-11-2012, 09:52 AM

The world is full of fantastic football players who made an arse of it somewhere down the way. Benji might have had some ability but he did not have the mentality of Fletcher and is now just another story of what-might-have-been..

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
The world is full of fantastic football players who made an arse of it somewhere down the way. Benji might have had some ability but he did not have the mentality of Fletcher and is now just another story of what-might-have-been..

Bang on

hibsbollah
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Agreed, but in the final Z only made a late cameo appearance after the game was won.

Thats true, but during the season he played a fair bit in an advanced position with benji and fletch just n front IIRC. he either broke his metatarsal that season or early the following one and we werent the same after.

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Kevin McBride was the main reason we did well under Yogi. He got injured and our form deteriorated.

lyonhibs
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Kevin McBride was the main reason we did well under Yogi. He got injured and our form deteriorated.

I agree. But I guarantee if you started a thread to that effect (no idea why you or anyone else would but that's not the point) you'd get some rocket saying he couldn't pass a ball more than 5 yards, always gave the ball away, run like his feet were in a swimming pool of spaghetti and was one of the worst players like EVER for Hibs.

Ahhh the joys of opinions :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
01-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Much like Scott Brown I fear to say then.

hibsbollah
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm struggling to understand whats 'pointless' about debating the merits of ex-players as well as current ones :dunno:

lord bunberry
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Totally agree with that i was watching the Ivan hatrick at ibrox the other day and broonys involvement in two of the goals was brilliant. Its a pity Celtic have turned such a good player into the new Neil lennon

hibs0666
01-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Scott Brown become an international player with many caps earning over 20 grand a week. Not too shabby and way in excess of Benji's achievements.

tamig
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Scott Brown become an international player with many caps earning over 20 grand a week. Not too shabby and way in excess of Benji's achievements.
I'm sure the point is that SB was a wonderful attacking talent at Hibs. When he went west he was turned into an injury prone midfield destroyer - not seen venturing forward too often. I'm sure Celtic could have got so much more out of SB if he'd been played in a more attacking midfield role.

Hibercelona
01-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Benji was one of the best players we've ever had at the club (on his day)

Unfortunately "his day" was about 1 in 50 appearances. :rolleyes:

.Sean.
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
How can you honestly say that?
The guy clearly had some talent, but his career completely contradicts your opinion of him.
He sh*t and that's why he's not with us and you've never heard of him since.Are you trying to set a record for the most shiit posted in 72 hours?

Kaff
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM

No Riordan?!!

Kaff
01-11-2012, 10:32 PM
mac! I forgot about that donkey. Agogo could go in this category as well.

whoosh!!

silverhibee
01-11-2012, 11:02 PM

:faf:

silverhibee
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Are you trying to set a record for the most shiit posted in 72 hours?

:faf:

Mango Man
02-11-2012, 12:53 AM
I really thought Benji would have gone on to better things, had all the potential in the world, great technique, could use both feet, he reminded me of a really really really rubbish Ronaldo (the original one), just didn't have the drive or proper application, a real wasted talent.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Totally agree with that i was watching the Ivan hatrick at ibrox the other day and broonys involvement in two of the goals was brilliant. Its a pity Celtic have turned such a good player into the new Neil lennon

:agree: Go on youtube and watch that game, or the 3-1 game at parkhead. Then compare Brown to what we have today, and i'd say its nothing short of criminal what those idiots have turned him into.

It does not matter to me what anyone thinks of him as a person, imo there was a player there who had it all. A player who should have gone on after a few years at the smellies and play for one of the big clubs in England.

He should have been the new frank Ribery, but celtic have manufactured a semi decent defensive midfielder instead.

hibs0666
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm sure the point is that SB was a wonderful attacking talent at Hibs. When he went west he was turned into an injury prone midfield destroyer - not seen venturing forward too often. I'm sure Celtic could have got so much more out of SB if he'd been played in a more attacking midfield role.

I'm not so sure about that to be honest. In a very attacking Hibs team Brown scored 13 goals in 110 appearances - one goal every ten games does not an attacking midfielder make. :wink:

silverhibee
02-11-2012, 12:05 PM
:agree: Go on youtube and watch that game, or the 3-1 game at parkhead. Then compare Brown to what we have today, and i'd say its nothing short of criminal what those idiots have turned him into.

It does not matter to me what anyone thinks of him as a person, imo there was a player there who had it all. A player who should have gone on after a few years at the smellies and play for one of the big clubs in England.

He should have been the new frank Ribery, but celtic have manufactured a semi decent defensive midfielder instead.

He has had problems with injuries for the last few years now, and Lennon has said in the press that SB will only play in certain games this season due to a hip injury which when he plays has to have an injection to get him through games.

Seemingly happy at celtc and would like to finish his career with them and has no intentions of moving down South. :aok:

tamig
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm not so sure about that to be honest. In a very attacking Hibs team Brown scored 13 goals in 110 appearances - one goal every ten games does not an attacking midfielder make. :wink:

Read lord bunberry's post above. That's what I'm talking about. It's not always about goals. Scott Brown made a lot of goals from the role he played in that Hibs team.

hibs0666
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Read lord bunberry's post above. That's what I'm talking about. It's not always about goals. Scott Brown made a lot of goals from the role he played in that Hibs team.

I don't think anyone knows how many goals Brown set when playing for either Hibs or Celtc to be honest. Equally no-one knows how much the degenerative hip injury has affected Brown in his Celtc career.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you trying to set a record for the most shiit posted in 72 hours?

:thumbsup: :hibees has no one joined the dots up here yet?

tamig
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't think anyone knows how many goals Brown set when playing for either Hibs or Celtc to be honest. Equally no-one knows how much the degenerative hip injury has affected Brown in his Celtc career.

He's never played to anything like the level he was at here since he moved there. I don't recall this hip condition in his first few seasons there. Bottom line in my opinion is that Celtic have wasted Scott Brown.

cocopops1875
02-11-2012, 08:42 PM
:thumbsup: :hibees has no one joined the dots up here yet?

I dunno but i have kinda missed him today :greengrin:faf:

lord bunberry
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
He's never played to anything like the level he was at here since he moved there. I don't recall this hip condition in his first few seasons there. Bottom line in my opinion is that Celtic have wasted Scott Brown.

Your right Celtic have wasted what in my opinion was the most talented footballer this country has produced in the last 20 years. I urge anyone who thinks he's progressed since joining Celtic to watch the game where sproule scores his hatrick at ibrox as browns contribution is sensational

Jonnyboy
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Totally agree and recall telling Jack Regan that some time ago but he didn't see my point. Where is Jack these days I wonder? :rolleyes::rolleyes: