PDA

View Full Version : January Transfer Window

Franck Stanton
31-10-2012, 04:45 PM
With the transfer window not that far away, I was wondering who/if any additions were going to be made. I am happy with the way the team is shaping up and they are getting better and better with each passing week. I am not stupid enough [debatable] to think we are the finished article, not by a long shot. However, given the limited resorces we have wondered what department of the team fellow Hibbys would like to see strengthened.
Personally I would be happy with signing the three loanees we have at present [Griffiths, McGivern and Claros] on two/three year deals and leave any additions until next season when we should have more cash to attract better players.

Wotherspiniesta
31-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Tying down Griffiths, Claros and McGivern should obviously be our main target, If we can, I reckon we should cut our losses with Galbraith and Sproule and add a couple of decent wingers aswell. Spoony and Cairney doing a great job, but would be good for them to have back up when required as IS and DG seem to be out of the picture.

Franck Stanton
31-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Tying down Griffiths, Claros and McGivern should obviously be our main target, If we can, I reckon we should cut our losses with Galbraith and Sproule and add a couple of decent wingers aswell. Spoony and Cairney doing a great job, but would be good for them to have back up when required as IS and DG seem to be out of the picture.

Agree, we could do with a tricky, fast winger, not that many going about however, but a good shout Spoony, good shout mate.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2012, 04:56 PM
The boy Conor Pepper at ICT looks to have potential. Maybe a long term option as opposed to a 'quick fix' though.

If we could keep hold of our 3 currebt loanees theb I'd be happy.

MSK
31-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Big no nonsense Centre half ..:agree:

truehibernian
31-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Chris Erskine from Thistle - contract expires end of season so maybe Hibs will offer a small fee with sell on. That's my tip.

Hibercelona
31-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Rudi Skacel? :devil:

Franck Stanton
31-10-2012, 05:09 PM

This is meant as a wind-up isn't it ? If not , just who would you consider dropping from our midfield to accommodate him ?

Wotherspiniesta
31-10-2012, 05:15 PM
The boy Conor Pepper at ICT looks to have potential. Maybe a long term option as opposed to a 'quick fix' though.

If we could keep hold of our 3 currebt loanees theb I'd be happy.

He looks good, but I was thinking more along the lines of an established wide man. I'd rather we gave Sam Stanton a chance if we're going down the youth route. How about Humphrey from Motherwell? He blows a little hot and cold, but looks unplayable on his day.

Teuchter Hibbie
31-10-2012, 05:40 PM
He looks good, but I was thinking more along the lines of an established wide man. I'd rather we gave Sam Stanton a chance if we're going down the youth route. How about Humphrey from Motherwell? He blows a little hot and cold, but looks unplayable on his day.

Don't think he'd be affordable unfortunately, but agree with your general assessment of him. I'd personally settle for extending the loans of Griffiths, Claros and McGivern with a view to making the moves permanent over the summer. In terms of Griffiths especially, I would be furious if Hibs mucked about and we ended up losing him.

lord bunberry
31-10-2012, 08:11 PM
If we can keep the 3 loan players and maybe add a couple of signings i will be happy the good thing is for once were not needing to sign a whole team

The_Sauz
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
If we do manage to get 2 players in, should we give them the #62 & #70 jerseys :greengrin

Speedway
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
The 'Gambian Zambernadi' will be mutual consented at that time as well IMO.

Paisley Hibby
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Chris Erskine from Thistle - contract expires end of season so maybe Hibs will offer a small fee with sell on. That's my tip.

According to Wikipedia is a left sided midfielder? Scored 6 goals this season. Cairney looks to have been a real find so maybe Erskine would be too?

Fae the capital
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
With the transfer window not that far away, I was wondering who/if any additions were going to be made. I am happy with the way the team is shaping up and they are getting better and better with each passing week. I am not stupid enough [debatable] to think we are the finished article, not by a long shot. However, given the limited resorces we have wondered what department of the team fellow Hibbys would like to see strengthened.
Personally I would be happy with signing the three loanees we have at present [Griffiths, McGivern and Claros] on two/three year deals and leave any additions until next season when we should have more cash to attract better players.

As you said, get the loans tied up, but we should really be looking to buy lg.
Could do with another striker like him for cover, as without him, as good as Doyle is I don't think he's a 20goal a season man. I'd be happy to see another midfielder who has a bit of flair and can have a dig from range and prob another defender.
Apart from that we are looking good.

alan1875
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
When is spoony's contract up? Is it the end of this season...?

Pedantic_Hibee
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
3 loanees extended/signed, tie down Spoony etc on a new deal and possibly a couple of Cairney-esque signings if we can find them. For once, IMO, we're approaching a window whereas don't need to strengthen the first team.

My deadline day thread is in tatters already. Up yours Petrie :fenlon

Stevie Reid
01-11-2012, 03:20 PM
When is spoony's contract up? Is it the end of this season...?

:agree:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8420850.stm

cannastar
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Thinking back to our loss in Dumfries there were a few Queens players who looked to have potential.The wee winger Reilly and Nicky Clarke loked quite useful,but it was the laddie at the back called Mark Durnan who impressed me most.Looked very accomplished in the air and on the ground.I think he could possibly be one who could do a good job at centre half defensive midfield for us.From what i can gather he had previously been at St Johnstone but had loan spells at various lower division teams.Another guy I would have liked to have seen come to us on loan would have been Chris Mcguire ex aberdeen now at Sheff Wed but it would appear he has picked up another inury. Shame as i saw him play well for Scotland under 21s plus scored that cracker from the halfway line.I reckon when fully fit he could provide a similar role to sparky.:flag::flag::flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM
One sure thing about the loan players is that if they all go, we need to make sure that what we have left can step in at short notice. So almost as important as looking at new bodies, is to get the likes of Kuqi match fit.

Jones28
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Very nice to be going into a transfer window with a view to consolidate rather than a re-structuring :agree:

A couple of players here and there: another right-sided player, a striker and a centre back wouldnt go amiss.

Diclonius
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM

Skacel is just about the only player (that would improve our team) that I wouldn't take at Easter Road. Assuming that he somehow actually wanted to sign for us.

01-11-2012, 05:50 PM

:jamboak:

hibees 7062
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Only if he wears 07 :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-11-2012, 06:07 PM

I'll hand my season ticket back

wills
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
One sure thing about the loan players is that if they all go, we need to make sure that what we have left can step in at short notice. So almost as important as looking at new bodies, is to get the likes of Kuqi match fit.

What about David Goodwillie now back at Blackburn, could be a good loan signing

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Totally agree with you mate, personally I would like to have man up front with Sparky,

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
As well as sorting out the trio of loans I would like to see Kuqi released and a striker who looks like he could actually do a job if called upon to be signed.

Sweet Left Peg
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Ian Vigurs from Ross County and Jamie Murphy from Well. A solid center back too, for cover. And the three loanees. Kujabi, Kuqi, Sproule and Galbraith; thanks very much for your efforts but time to move on.

Treadstone
01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Hoping that Booths loan spell does him a power of good when he returns .Not as a left back though ! Would be a good option in Cairneys position and Paul moved inside at the expense of Doyle in a 4-5-1 when a formation change is needed .
Been a bit of a glass half empty man the last couple of years (because of CC) but always wanted PF to do well and trust him to bring in players. Think he probably already has his targets/empties and just needs the go ahead from Rod .

shetlandhibee
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
If we do manage to get 2 players in, should we give them the #62 & #70 jerseys :greengrin

:agree::greengrin

shetlandhibee
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I would be very happy if we got griffiths,claros and McGivern. But other people I would add if we got all of these would include: humphery, ojmaa, Omar dailey from motherwell because he is so quick, Fraser of Aberdeen & pepper or vigurs

O'Rourke3
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Either Pat has people in mind we don't know/haven't considered (Deegan anyone) or how about just going in for anyone linked with Hearts and simply promising to pay them :dunno: Karma an all that.

hibee_patty
02-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Is deegan not out of contract too? Would like us to have a look at bossmans throughout rest of the season too could get decent players from that. Think signing a skillfull and quick winger, what happened to that winger we were rumoured with in summer from down england? Also think if we get players in. Get stanton and caldwell out on loan for 6month! But chose wisely, surely oyr young lads could get game time at livi or falkirk as they seem to play youngsters and the 'hibs' way?

bigwheel
02-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Keeping the squad together would be enough for me...that will be hard enough

Franck Stanton
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Keeping the squad together would be enough for me...that will be hard enough

To be honest, this is the clear and over-riding theme throughout this thread. Seems we have progressed well in the last 12 months. This time last year we as a support, were calling for 5, 6 or some even 9 new players. Fenlon, IMO, has bought/signed well and we are now in a position this January window where the support seem happy enough with what we have and only want to sign the loanees who have all contributed to strengthening the team. With the possible exception of us signing a tricky winger aside, I for one would be more than happy if we could just sign the three loanees on a two/or even three year deal. Come on Rod , you know it makes sence - the three would all be cash in the bank as their sell-on value would undoubtedly increase.

Vault Boy
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Fenlon said in his latest HibernianTV interview that Claros is keen to stay with us. That's great news to me, as I thought he might me the hardest of the 3 loanees to hang on to. Obviously there is still a lot to be done regarding a transfer fee and agreeing terms, but the fact that he wants to be here gives us a great initiative.
Sorry if already posted. :aok:

GGTTH

HoboHarry
02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Personally I think our first signing should be Pat Fenlon on a longer deal....