PDA

View Full Version : claros and griffiths

hugo boss
30-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Much you think both will cost?:pfgwa 2 big players for us this season.

1two
30-10-2012, 05:37 PM
£100k for griffiths
£75k for claros

?

I have no idea but I also have no idea where we'd get that money from either

Eyrie
30-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I thought a fee was included in the Claros deal? Can't remember the figure being discussed though.

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Much you think both will cost?:pfgwa 2 big players for us this season.

personally dont think we will get any of them. going by previous. i.e de la cruz we got for 750,000 right? so i would guess the claros would be around 500,000

leigh is worth at least 1m so doubt we could afford even half of that. so thats about 1m for both. no chance in my oppinion.

conclusion:- maybe a new loan deal for them but have no hope beyond that.

HibeeDaz6270
30-10-2012, 05:45 PM
personally dont think we will get any of them. going by previous. i.e de la cruz we got for 750,000 right? so i would guess the claros would be around 500,000

leigh is worth at least 1m so doubt we could afford even half of that. so thats about 1m for both. no chance in my oppinion.

Did we not get approx £250k for Osbourne?

2 key players for us, and 2 players we should do all we can to sign permanantly.

I think we would get Griffiths for less than £250k. Not sure on Claros, heard all sorts of figures. Extending both loans until the summer would be the priority.

hibeequinn
30-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Stv twitter say hibs trying to extend loans of griffiths claros and mcgivern bad idea a think should get them signed perm likes

Heisenberg
30-10-2012, 05:47 PM

I think I read on here that Wolves wanted 250K for Griffiths in the summer and with us being able to sign him on a pre contract in January we might be able to get him even cheaper. No idea about Claros though.

hugo boss
30-10-2012, 06:01 PM
cheers lads its a no lose situation for me i know its been mentioned before but we would get plenty back for sparky if he keeps playing the way he is gets fans on board side aswell by getting him

duffers
30-10-2012, 06:09 PM

Leighs contract ends next summer, no way would wolves be expecting 1M for him.

scoopyboy
30-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Stv twitter say hibs trying to extend loans of griffiths claros and mcgivern bad idea a think should get them signed perm likes

Get them until the end of the season on loan.

Sign them on a pre contract before the end of season.

Get them free.

Simples eh.

Disclaimer - might have to pay Man City compo due to McGivern's age.

Hibeesforever
30-10-2012, 06:19 PM

Yes, totally wrong approach. They have passed their loan apprenticeship. Their value is going up not down. Our Balance Sheet is strong and we can genuinely grow our gates. Forget this last minute loan begging round and back the manager with real money.
I remember watching the beginnings of McLeish's good side when Didier Aghate was allowed to walk for nothing to Celtic and then the Premiership. He would have made a good side great.
The players Griffiths, Wotherspoon, Carlos and McGivern could easily handle the English premiership in a few years.

hugo boss
30-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, totally wrong approach. They have passed their loan apprenticeship. Their value is going up not down. Our Balance Sheet is strong and we can genuinely grow our gates. Forget this last minute loan begging round and back the manager with real money.
I remember watching the beginnings of McLeish's good side when Didier Aghate was allowed to walk for nothing to Celtic and then the Premiership. He would have made a good side great.
The players Griffiths, Wotherspoon, Carlos and McGivern could easily handle the English premiership in a few years. its amazing how much spoony has come on this season mate your right.

scoopyboy
30-10-2012, 06:22 PM
The players Griffiths, Wotherspoon, Carlos and McGivern could easily handle the English premiership in a few years.

Why would you want to pay money for Sparky when you can get him for nothing by extending his loan and then getting him to sign a pre contract?

sundo1875
30-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure Claros's team wanted 800k for him

hugo boss
30-10-2012, 06:27 PM
true maybe the tash has already sounded him out ha ha

hfc rd
30-10-2012, 06:27 PM

Get them free.

Simples eh.

I don't think Scottish clubs pay compo to the English sides. Clayton Donaldson's transfer to us was pretty similar.

Hibeesforever
30-10-2012, 06:28 PM

Get them free.

Simples eh.

Or..... Championship Manager watches Motherwell game and thinks great, just what I have been looking for: I will spend relative peanuts, acquire Griffths, Wotherspoon, Carlos and McGivern who ARE available and this would leave Hibs again scrambling for loanees.

scoopyboy
30-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't think Scottish clubs pay compo to the English sides. Clayton Donaldson's transfer to us was pretty similar.

You do if they are under a certain age.

Donaldson was just outwith that age group.

Pretty sure compo was the delay in the Tom Taiwo signing from Carlisle.

chrisski33
30-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Reckon if griffiths carries on his current form we wont be able to afford him as clubs with more dosh will start to hover around and hope celtic isnt one of them....

scoopyboy
30-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Or..... Championship Manager watches Motherwell game and thinks great, just what I have been looking for: I will spend relative peanuts, acquire Griffths, Wotherspoon, Carlos and McGivern who ARE available and this would leave Hibs again scrambling for loanees.

If Griffiths wants to sign for Hibs and Hibs want him nobody can stop it. Wolves can agree a fee with any team they want but if Sparky refuses to go he can then sign a pre contract for us.

Who says Wotherspoon is available? AFAIK he is contracted for a couple of seasons yet.

Hibs90
30-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Reckon if griffiths carries on his current form we wont be able to afford him as clubs with more dosh will start to hover around and hope celtic isnt one of them....

Can't see Celtic wanting him. They already have Stokes, Hooper, Samaras, Watt, Forrest etc.

Although I am pretty confident if Hibs made a bid/offered a pre-contract Sparky would accept it on the spot.

hfc rd
30-10-2012, 06:41 PM
If Griffiths wants to sign for Hibs and Hibs want him nobody can stop it. Wolves can agree a fee with any team they want but if Sparky refuses to go he can then sign a pre contract for us.

Who says Wotherspoon is available? AFAIK he is contracted for a couple of seasons yet.

Wotherspoon's contract runs out in the summer. Another lad that needs to be urgently tied down on a long term contract.

cocopops1875
30-10-2012, 06:41 PM

Aye ?

scoopyboy
30-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Wotherspoon's contract runs out in the summer. Another lad that needs to be urgently tied down on a long term contract.

I thought it was for longer but I could be wrong.

hibeequinn
30-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Hmmm celtic signing a player that does really well at hibs never a hate that we are the feeder team to celtic :@

Stevie Reid
30-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I thought it was for longer but I could be wrong.

Spoony signed a two year contract extension to the deal he was on in 2009, it expires in the summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8420850.stm

Sent from my iPhone

lucky
30-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Sparky is the easiest of the 3 to sign as he has emotional ties to the club and is out of contract come the summer.

Claros is a decent player but not worth the £800k as I can't see him in the EPL. But if Hibs can get him for £250k its worth the gamble.

Mcgirven is the hardest to sign. Already accomplish championship player with international caps who is likely to be on upwards of £5k at least at Man City. I can't see him signing a permanent deal at Hibs. Hopefully extend his loan to the summer but again I doubt it.

As for Hibs replacing them, I would go down the loanee route as we get better quality of player if selected wisely. But as everything in life it will come down to cash. But as ''Mikey'' has said once or hundred times if more fans go to ER then the more money we have to spend

Jonnyboy
30-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Sparky is the easiest of the 3 to sign as he has emotional ties to the club and is out of contract come the summer.

Claros is a decent player but not worth the £800k as I can't see him in the EPL. But if Hibs can get him for £250k its worth the gamble.

Mcgirven is the hardest to sign. Already accomplish championship player with international caps who is likely to be on upwards of £5k at least at Man City. I can't see him signing a permanent deal at Hibs. Hopefully extend his loan to the summer but again I doubt it.

As for Hibs replacing them, I would go down the loanee route as we get better quality of player if selected wisely. But as everything in life it will come down to cash. But as ''Mikey'' has said once or hundred times if more fans go to ER then the more money we have to spend

Unlikely to get him, I agree and that's assuming he'd want to sign for us anyway!

lord bunberry
30-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Unlikely to get him, I agree and that's assuming he'd want to sign for us anyway!

He might want to extend his loan to the end of the season though as it keeps himself in the shop window. Im presuming he won't want to go back to man city he is out of contract at the end of the season so the best way for him to get a decent move is by playing first team football

dp00
30-10-2012, 08:31 PM
We will get Leigh for a nominal fee with wolves getting a big chunk of any future transfer fees

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2012, 09:11 PM
We will get Leigh for a nominal fee with wolves getting a big chunk of any future transfer fees

I doubt that, if Lee has anything about him he will sit tight, maybe even go back to wolves and wait until his contract is up. He's then in a fantastic position where all the signing on fee goes directly to him.

I'd like him to stay with us at least until the end of the season, and we perhaps sign him on a 3 year deal with him getting a big cut of any transfer fee he might demand should he continue to progress as he has.

pontius pilate
31-10-2012, 09:18 AM
I notices to-day that PF was hoping to get Leigh Jorge and McGovern tied up on deals sooner rather than later. Here's hoping that happens

brog
31-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Let's face it, both Leigh & Claros are in the shop window at Hibs. If Claros doesn't get a better offer I can see his loan being extended. I'm sure a few clubs will be loking at Leigh now, he doesn't really fit the physical profile for English football but some would take a chance given he'll be free in 6 months time. I expect us to try & do same as with Fletch, ie get Leigh tied down on a contract with an understanding/commitment he can go if an acceptable offer comes in, a win/win for player & club.

hibIBZ
31-10-2012, 10:58 AM
not sure how acurate football manager is on these thing but on football manager 2012 after tha jan transfer window update claros is with hibs and his contract with montagua runs out about march 2013 if i remember correctly but as i say dont know how accurate that is

Hibee87
31-10-2012, 11:31 AM
this is what I see happening

Griffiths to sign, he wants to sign for hibs which is always a bonus, fenlon is trying to build a team and if its to be build around griffiths at 21 why wouldnt he want to sign for his boyhood hearos, 2 year then sell to a bigger club win - win.

mcgivern - loan deal extended till end of season. his deal then expires at man city so all depends where he wants to go. If he is still being called to the NI squad and playing regular at hibs (somthign he hasnt done with a lot of loans i dont think) he might fancy the idea of stayin as per griffiths.

Claros - unsure about, his contract expires in the summer i believe so who knows, his wife and kid are in edinburgh they might enjoy life here and be happy to commit to hibs. however i do beleive tom taiwo is the same type of player as claros and I hink pat maybe signed him with one eye on the fact he will be away and thinks tom is a capable replacement

i would say 2 out 3 staying on would be a good thing.

DAVE1875
03-11-2012, 03:18 AM
We might have an even bigger chance of keeping Griffiths now, Wolves manager said they don't want him back

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4624548/Wolves-dont-want-striker-Leigh-back.html