PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

Billy Whizz
28-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Deserves a thread of his own. Since joining Hibs in December he has come on leaps and bounds. Where ever Pat plays him, he gets on with the job and always gives 100%. I think he's played a number of positions this season. On Friday he practically played left wing back for most of the game, just in from of McGivern, to cut off the supply to Humprey. Made a great few lung busting runs from deep as well. Well done Eoin.

He plays for the team, he plays for the team
Eoin Doyle, he plays for the team

Over to you section 43

Pretty Boy
28-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I had my doubts but he looks a player.

Can definitely see he's been bulking up as well. Pretty sure he'll contribute 12-15 goals this season, which isn't a bad return.

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2012, 07:32 PM
My early thoughts after seeing him initially, was that his movement was great but was not sure if he was a natural goalscorer....

I really like him though, and think he has made huge inroads in working on his all round game. Another important player for us....

3pm
28-10-2012, 07:34 PM
He's very good.

His contract should be extended ASAP.

Fergos
28-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Agree - works hard wherever he plays, great attitude and can chip in with goals.

Just the sort we need.

Gaun yersel Eoin.

Hibernian Forever.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I had my doubts but he looks a player.

Can definitely see he's been bulking up as well. Pretty sure he'll contribute 12-15 goals this season, which isn't a bad return.

15 goals! If he does that I'll donate £50 to Dnipro.:greengrin

Billy McKirdy
28-10-2012, 07:39 PM
I like him :thumbsup:

WeAreHibs
28-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Met him on Friday afternoon, nice guy and loving the club!

greenlex
28-10-2012, 08:19 PM
The Greenginger Messi.

blaikie
28-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Fenlon always said Eoin was a player! Really can't fault any of the starting 11 he's brought in, as someone said before the guy plays like Kenny Miller and that anit a bad thing

matty_f
28-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I really like Doyle. He's a clever player and gives 100%. I think he just needed to adjust physically to SPL football. He's only going to get better, as well.

Wilson
29-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Always liked him. Bought into the hype when the pundits talked about his intelligent runs and positioning and even more so having seen it. Really works for the team. Great signing.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Thought he was a pub player when he first arrived and he did nothing last season to prove me wrong.
This season he has been brilliant though and has been the perfect partner for Griffiths. Delighted to be wrong.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Deserves a thread of his own. Since joining Hibs in December he has come on leaps and bounds. Where ever Pat plays him, he gets on with the job and always gives 100%. I think he's played a number of positions this season. On Friday he practically played left wing back for most of the game, just in from of McGivern, to cut off the supply to Humprey. Made a great few lung busting runs from deep as well. Well done Eoin.

Over to you section 43

Its strange how that was the reason given by some why Wotherspoon was ruined by Hughes, Its a funny old game eh? :devil:

hibsbollah
29-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I liked him from day one. Intelligent and good team player. If Griffiths leaves it'll be interesting to see if he can step up and be the main striker.

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Doyler's one of my favourite players. Looks a different class at times.

Fae the capital
29-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Over to you section 43

Massive improvement in his game. Really didn't see why fenlon brought him in when I first saw him, but in the Dunfermline game at the end of last season he was like a different player and just seems to get better every week.
Proves fenlon knows a player when he sees one eg cairney and deegan too.

Winston Ingram
29-10-2012, 06:30 PM
He's been fantastic this season. Looked a bit lightweight when he first arrived but has sorted that out. Great talent

essexhibee
29-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Looks a different player when I have seen him in the Motherwell game and in highlights. :agree:

frazeHFC
29-10-2012, 06:43 PM
He has been brilliant, very clever and has a good touch. :agree:

IWasThere2016
30-10-2012, 04:56 AM
He's very good.

His contract should be extended ASAP.

He was always a player - that was obvious on his debut IMHO.

The criticism he got on here was garbage.

Finally, yes he deserves a new deal.

PeeJay
30-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Wasn't convinced he could "make it in the SPL" at the start of his time with us - he has certainly improved of late and I have to say I was wrong in my assessment - he does a great job for us...

Stevie Reid
30-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Like many, I liked what I saw from the start, and he is getting better all the time - if we tie him down on a 3-4 year deal, I really think we'll have done a great bit of business.

Only played one full season as a centre forward in his career thus far, the signs are very good indeed given the attributes that he has.

TRC
30-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I think I've said it before but his movement reminds me of Bergkamp, not saying he is of that standard but the way he seems to ghost into space and his general movement remind me of Bergkamp. and yes sign him up!

Jonnyboy
30-10-2012, 09:37 PM
He was always a player - that was obvious on his debut IMHO.

The criticism he got on here was garbage.

Finally, yes he deserves a new deal.

:agree:

His movement, space making for Leigh and overall workrate is phenomenal IMO

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2012, 09:47 PM
He's done better than I expected or predicted but still not the player some on here are making him out to be!

truehibernian
30-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Eoin actually reminds me of Teddy Sheringham when he was with Notts Forest and Spurs. Teddy S played a variety of roles along the front line, wasn't what could be described as prolific, but his intelligence on and off the ball and his ability to create space and link play was exceptional.

Eoin has all those characteristics and is still learning. Excellent work rate, great discipline, team player and seems well liked too. Cannot ask for more. Very good player.

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Eoin actually reminds me of Teddy Sheringham when he was with Notts Forest and Spurs. Teddy S played a variety of roles along the front line, wasn't what could be described as prolific, but his intelligence on and off the ball and his ability to create space and link play was exceptional.

Eoin has all those characteristics and is still learning. Excellent work rate, great discipline, team player and seems well liked too. Cannot ask for more. Very good player.

Prolific at Tottenham not far off a goall every second game!

Fergus52
30-10-2012, 10:00 PM
He's done better than I expected or predicted but still not the player some on here are making him out to be!

Which statement(s) do you find to be exaggerated?

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2012, 10:07 PM

Enough of them for me to make the comment I did, not going to start pulling individual posters apart, they have made their statements and I have made mine, I am allowed to disagree am I not. It's all about opinions of course!

hibsbollah
30-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Since we're doing comparisons...Doyle's Toshack to Griffiths' Keegan? :dunno:

truehibernian
30-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Prolific at Tottenham not far off a goall every second game!

Actually didn't realise TS's record at United, well spotted. I am not for one minute claiming Eoin is as good as him far from it - his style of play reminds me of him though - a player who can score when required to but can be equally as effective as a foil or link up player with a good strike partner. He is just as willing to do the spadework up top than poach.

I hope he continues to improve the way he has been.

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Since we're doing comparisons...Doyle's Toshack to Griffiths' Keegan? :dunno:

Really! Not for me, how about Doyle's Dalglish to Griffiths' Rush :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
30-10-2012, 11:31 PM
He's a very intelligent player. Looked the part on Friday night certainly.