PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Sunday's top games

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Two cracking games today Everton vs Liverpool and Chelsea vs Man U, Catania vs Juventus just kicked off.

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Motherwell 0 Hibs 4 ft YA!!

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Not forgetting the big Glasgow derby. :wink:

Hibs90
28-10-2012, 12:59 PM
#Superhangoversunday

hibee92
28-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Went for Everton, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea.

Very difficult to call.

Famous Fiver
28-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Already heard the famine song come over loud and clear on Radio Scotland.

Do SFL have any sanctions for this sort of thing or is this now acceptable behaviour?

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Already heard the famine song come over loud and clear on Radio Scotland.

Do SFL have any sanctions for this sort of thing or is this now acceptable behaviour?

And Bobby Sands got a mention too. :rolleyes: The scouse derby has started so i dont need to infect my telly now.

Future17
28-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Suarez has zero class.

Craig_in_Prague
28-10-2012, 01:50 PM
2-0 Suarez again

Craig_in_Prague
28-10-2012, 01:52 PM
some game 1-2

IWasThere2016
Jones will cost Liverpool - he is pish.

Supraninja
goalsgoalsgoalsgoalsgoalsgoalsgoalsgoals

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 01:53 PM
What was the keeper doing punching the ball back into the middle of the box?:confused:

plhibs
28-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Suarez has zero class.

Agree 100%, Should have been carded for that dive after the goal, the sneer on his face would scare the kids.

wearethehibs
28-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Goalie given to much protection when he dropped the ball and Sterling should be off

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Goalie given to much protection when he dropped the ball and Sterling should be off

Off? He should never been booked in the 1st instance

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 02:06 PM

You back pal?

wearethehibs
28-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Exactly the second foul was worse than the first so how is it not a second booking?

Some game this.

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 02:09 PM
You back pal?

Yes, yesterday lunchtime

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Yes, yesterday lunchtime

I will give you a bell tomorrow pal. :thumbsup:

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Wow what a first half! 2-2 this game has everything. Need a cuppa now!

Hibercelona
28-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Suarez needs snapped in half.

silverhibee
28-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Liverpool robbed by a dodgy linesman, never offside.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Great result for Liverpool, it drags them another point away from the relegation zone. :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Liverpool robbed by a dodgy linesman, never offside.

Agree !

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Let's hope the Chelski v Man U game is just good as this one!

Future17
28-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Suarez has zero class.

Biggie
28-10-2012, 03:42 PM
******* linesman just cost me £45 !...never offside, and he took an age to get his flag up...:grr:

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Get that right up yer Moysie, once again you fail to beat the Mighty Reds, hope you appreciated Luis's big GIRUY dive as well :na na:.

Every derby game the blue half of Merseyside build up their hopes that they're gonna beat the Mighty reds :faf:

HTD1875
28-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Linesman bottled it!

HTD1875
28-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Southampton 0-2 Spurs
Newcastle 1-0 West Brom

Just into the 2nd half now

JohnStephens91
28-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Suarez was the best player on the pitch by a mile, Everton were the better team but they did get lucky in the end with that horrendous call

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Chelski 0 Man U 1 og Luiz

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Suarez was the best player on the pitch by a mile, Everton were the better team but they did get lucky in the end with that horrendous call

Yip, i think his goals could keep them up this season.

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Suarez has zero class.

Oh he"s a idiot but a hell of a player

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh he"s a idiot but a hell of a player

A class dive right in front of Moyes

CalgaryHibs
28-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Man U two up easy easy second goal

Tynie01011973
28-10-2012, 04:12 PM
A NO class dive right in front of Moyes

Sorted that for you :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Sorted that for you :greengrin

A class dive right in front of Moyes.

blaikie
28-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Chelsea look brutal!

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Suarez is world class.

Agree.

Tynie01011973
28-10-2012, 04:16 PM
A class dive right in front of Moyes.

You suggesting that Suarez is very good at diving ?

Something most people will agree with you then

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Come on Chelsea, just the one goal will do for my bet to come up. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 04:20 PM
You suggesting that Suarez is very good at diving ?

Something most people will agree with you then

:greengrin

9.9 for the dive in front of Moyes, would have been a perfect ten but his middle finger wasn't straight enough!

silverhibee
28-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Let's hope the Chelski v Man U game is just good as this one!

It is. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 04:44 PM
yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

jonty
28-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Torres is lucky to stay on with that challenge. High foot, studs into the chest.

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Chelsea v Man Utd is superb stuff, game of the season so far.

2-1 HT to Utd but surely more goals to come in the 2nd half, great game. :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Chelsea equalise with a header from Ramires now 2-2 and Chelsea well on top now.

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Another twist with Ivanavic now sent off for bringing down Young who had a scoring chance, should swing it in Utd's favour now.

Utd bring on Hernandez, gonna go for it now I'm sure.

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Wow Torres sent off now for, according to the ref, taking a dive, 2nd booking, Chelsea down to 9 men now.

Big chance now for Utd.

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Wow Torres sent off now for, according to the ref, taking a dive, 2nd booking, Chelsea down to 9 men now.

Big chance now for Utd.

Serves the diving ******* right

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 05:31 PM
3-2 United Hernandez, looked offside, must be Utd's day.

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 05:33 PM
3-2 United Hernandez, looked offside, must be Utd's day.

Yes, he was offside

SteveHFC
28-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Nice to see the ref help Man utd once again

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2012, 05:34 PM
2 red cards, an OG and a goal that is clearly offside, I hope we beat Hearts like that in Jan.

Hibs90
28-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Ivanovic red was the right call. That Torres red was shocking though. There WAS contact, doesn't matter how minimal it was a foul everyday of the week. Just how many ref's do Utd have on their payroll? Good to see the English game is just as corrupt as the Scottish one. :rolleyes:

jonty
28-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Nice to see the ref help Man utd for once fixed.
Chelski at home normally get the decisions. Most home teams do, unless you're hibs.

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Ivanovic red was the right call. That Torres red was shocking though. There WAS contact, doesn't matter how minimal it was a foul everyday of the week. Just how many ref's do Utd have on their payroll? Good to see the English game is just as corrupt as the Scottish one. :rolleyes:

So he didn't dive?

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2012, 05:48 PM
don't like either team/club, but it's always nice seeing chelski getting beat, except if they were playing hertz in a champions league final

Hibs90
28-10-2012, 05:48 PM
So he didn't dive?

Nope. He got fouled then went down like a sack of tatties. Torres has over-exaggerated it, but it still was a Chelsea free kick.

Broken Gnome
28-10-2012, 05:49 PM
So he didn't dive?

You think he did?

jonty
28-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Ashley cole is still a little ****.

Wembley67
28-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I love Hibs.

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 05:53 PM
A dive every day of the week. The big Jessie I hope he recognises what a twat he made of himself. Funnily enough the ref also thought he was acting like a wee girl.

Later on Valencia was booked for diving too, but by your argument there was contact there as well.

I hope this approach by the ref will encourage these cheating twats to man up and play the game like a man

jonty
28-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I love Hibs.
:thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
28-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I love Hibs.

I love lamp

hibbysam
28-10-2012, 05:59 PM
A dive every day of the week. The big Jessie I hope he recognises what a twat he made of himself. Funnily enough the ref also thought he was acting like a wee girl.

Later on Valencia was booked for diving too, but by your argument there was contact there as well.

I hope this approach by the ref will encourage these cheating twats to man up and play the game like a man

Going by your reckoning Ivanovic should have stayed on the pitch then.. Minimal contact on the sole of Youngs boot.. If I get clipped my legs buckle in the way... Funnily enough every time he does both legs spread out the way? :confused: Young went down far far easier than Torres because he knew Ivanovic would get sent off

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Going by your reckoning Ivanovic should have stayed on the pitch then.. Minimal contact on the sole of Youngs boot.. If I get clipped my legs buckle in the way... Funnily enough every time he does both legs spread out the way? :confused: Young went down far far easier than Torres because he knew Ivanovic would get sent off

No, I thought that was the correct decision by the ref

jonty
28-10-2012, 06:10 PM
If Torres hadn't rolled around like he had his leg broken, then he might have got away with it.
he was lucky to be on anyway from his first yellow.

hibbysam
28-10-2012, 06:12 PM
No, I thought that was the correct decision by the ref

So it was a foul on Torres then.. You can't have it both ways.. Minimal contact is either a foul or a dive.. There was minimal contact on both.. So both had to be the same decision!!

BoltonHibee
28-10-2012, 06:25 PM
So it was a foul on Torres then.. You can't have it both ways.. Minimal contact is either a foul or a dive.. There was minimal contact on both.. So both had to be the same decision!!

I'm am saying that just because there is contact doesn't necessarily constitute a foul. There was contact made against Valencia but he was quite correctly booked for diving.

I'm just calling it the way I see it, which on these occasions were the same way the ref saw it.

We need to get back to a game where you can make tackles without wee pansies rolling about on the floor, without cheating *******s flying through the air with dives that Tom Daly would be proud of.

There was a time where you would never have dared pulled stunts like that or you would be guaranteed the next time you were fouled, you would be struggling to get back up again

Broken Gnome
28-10-2012, 06:26 PM
People can barely justify what contact constitutes a foul or not at the moment, referees included. With that in mind, seems a bit harsh to produce a red in this case. It's not as simple as a dive or not either, you've got a guy running at pace, a flailing and clumsy leg catching him high on the shin... In the split-second you have to react one person's dive is another's fairly understandable attempts to react to contact, avoid an injury and, yes, win a free kick. The amount of people that will disagree with the red card's enough to suggest there wasn't a clear decision to be made.

DaveF
28-10-2012, 06:39 PM
If Torres hadn't rolled around like he had his leg broken, then he might have got away with it.
he was lucky to be on anyway from his first yellow.

I was listening to the radio (2nd half) with Nevin and Ingham claiming Torres had 2 poor bookings, yet after seeing his 1st booking I'm not sure it was the ref who lost the plot, but perhaps the 5Live commentators too.

silverhibee
28-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Nice to see the ref help Man utd once again

Just like the linesman helped Everton today. :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I love lamp

Eh?

Squealing pig
28-10-2012, 07:20 PM
2-0 athletico

hibbysam
28-10-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm am saying that just because there is contact doesn't necessarily constitute a foul. There was contact made against Valencia but he was quite correctly booked for diving.

I'm just calling it the way I see it, which on these occasions were the same way the ref saw it.

We need to get back to a game where you can make tackles without wee pansies rolling about on the floor, without cheating *******s flying through the air with dives that Tom Daly would be proud of.

There was a time where you would never have dared pulled stunts like that or you would be guaranteed the next time you were fouled, you would be struggling to get back up again

So how much contact was made with Ashley Young?

Because I can assure you that if someone running behind me clips the bottom of my sole, I don't then fly forward and swing both legs out sideways i'm afraid.. But he plays for Man Utd so can't be called a "wee pansies rolling about on the floor".

I tell you what though if Johnny Evans comes flying towards me I for one would be trying to do all I could to get out the way as you can get quite nasty injuries with players jumping straight at you like that..

As Gary Neville said.. Even if Evans never made contact (Which he did) it was a foul for stopping him getting to the ball as Evans never made contact with the ball!!

jonty
29-10-2012, 09:10 AM
So how much contact was made with Ashley Young?

Because I can assure you that if someone running behind me clips the bottom of my sole, I don't then fly forward and swing both legs out sideways i'm afraid.. But he plays for Man Utd so can't be called a "wee pansies rolling about on the floor".

I tell you what though if Johnny Evans comes flying towards me I for one would be trying to do all I could to get out the way as you can get quite nasty injuries with players jumping straight at you like that..

As Gary Neville said.. Even if Evans never made contact (Which he did) it was a foul for stopping him getting to the ball as Evans never made contact with the ball!!

And as Gary Neville said, there are different types of dives. Dives where you get out the way, and dives where you roll around lutching your leg like you've had it broken. Torres did the latter.

If Cleverly had done that what Torres went in studs showing at chest height, Torres would have been off. He didnt, he got up, rubbed his arm/side shook hands and got on with it. IMO he saved Torres from a red card (which it was, any day of the week).

Ashley Young always dives with his legs spread. Not a pretty picture.

hibbysam
29-10-2012, 12:15 PM
And as Gary Neville said, there are different types of dives. Dives where you get out the way, and dives where you roll around lutching your leg like you've had it broken. Torres did the latter.

If Cleverly had done that what Torres went in studs showing at chest height, Torres would have been off. He didnt, he got up, rubbed his arm/side shook hands and got on with it. IMO he saved Torres from a red card (which it was, any day of the week).

Ashley Young always dives with his legs spread. Not a pretty picture.

Had Torres not "dived" out the way he would more than likely have got a total dull one on the shin.. Evans went in straight legged and even with no contact on Torres, which there was, is at least a booking for Evans and lucky if its not red as Torres would have been in on goal.. There is just no way whatsoever that that is a booking for diving at the pace both players are going at my first thought would be on how I wouldn't get injured.. Whether Torres rolls around the ground or not makes no difference whatsoever.. Scott Brown used to get TOLD to stay on the deck to stop him reacting to other players, When he first burst on the scene he would get fouled, get up and start a fight.. He was then told when he got fouled to stay down and basically act injured, its not a crime nor is it trying to get anyone else in trouble.

jonty
29-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Had Torres not "dived" out the way he would more than likely have got a total dull one on the shin.. Evans went in straight legged and even with no contact on Torres, which there was, is at least a booking for Evans and lucky if its not red as Torres would have been in on goal.. There is just no way whatsoever that that is a booking for diving at the pace both players are going at my first thought would be on how I wouldn't get injured.. Whether Torres rolls around the ground or not makes no difference whatsoever.. Scott Brown used to get TOLD to stay on the deck to stop him reacting to other players, When he first burst on the scene he would get fouled, get up and start a fight.. He was then told when he got fouled to stay down and basically act injured, its not a crime nor is it trying to get anyone else in trouble.

Eh? Contradicting yourself. acting injured is cheating. If thats the only way SB could keep his temper under control then its a poor excuse.

What else is the ref supposed to think if he's acting injured? Players dive, and simulate bad tackles on them in order to get players sent off and gain an advantage.
Torres rolled around clutching his leg, looked up when he got booked and forgot all about his leg. Simulating injury = cheating. Evans hardly touched him.

Similar to Bale going down under the lightest of touches from Maloney. Blae then clips his own leg and goes sprawling. In his case, he didnt roll around the floor. THATS what Torres should have done.

jonty
29-10-2012, 12:33 PM
http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-10-28-video-fernando-torres-is-sent-off-for-diving-second-yellow-red-card-chelsea-v-manchester-united
Heres the incident.
From the refs angle, he pulls his leg away and rolls around.
His teeth are gritted in pain - suddenly replace by a 'who me' face when he sees the card.

I'm not saying there was no contact, but he's got a reputation for diving and that one was exagerated. again.

hibbysam
29-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Eh? Contradicting yourself. acting injured is cheating. If thats the only way SB could keep his temper under control then its a poor excuse.

What else is the ref supposed to think if he's acting injured? Players dive, and simulate bad tackles on them in order to get players sent off and gain an advantage.
Torres rolled around clutching his leg, looked up when he got booked and forgot all about his leg. Simulating injury = cheating. Evans hardly touched him.

Similar to Bale going down under the lightest of touches from Maloney. Blae then clips his own leg and goes sprawling. In his case, he didnt roll around the floor. THATS what Torres should have done.

How do you or anyone else know how sore Evans firing his studs into his shin and running it down to his ankle is and how bad his reaction should be? There was contact, at that speed any player in world football would go down and if they say they wouldn't then they're talking crap..

If you honestly think Torres dived then you know absolutely nothing.. Neville got it to a tee.. A 6ft plus centre half flying towards you with studs showing, obviously your gonna do all you can to get out of the way.. if that means going to ground then I have no problem with that and its not simulation or trying to get anyone into trouble, the player gets himself into trouble for flying into tackles like that. You say Torres has a reputation for going down, well Evans has a reputation for possible leg breaking challenges and I for one wouldn't like to be on the end of it thats for sure!!

Would you rather see Griffiths say go into a challenge like that, break his leg and end up out the game for months just to make sure he got the foul or try and avoid the tackle if it meant going to ground?

jonty
29-10-2012, 01:20 PM
How do you or anyone else know how sore Evans firing his studs into his shin and running it down to his ankle is and how bad his reaction should be? There was contact, at that speed any player in world football would go down and if they say they wouldn't then they're talking crap..

If you honestly think Torres dived then you know absolutely nothing.. Neville got it to a tee.. A 6ft plus centre half flying towards you with studs showing, obviously your gonna do all you can to get out of the way.. if that means going to ground then I have no problem with that and its not simulation or trying to get anyone into trouble, the player gets himself into trouble for flying into tackles like that. You say Torres has a reputation for going down, well Evans has a reputation for possible leg breaking challenges and I for one wouldn't like to be on the end of it thats for sure!!

Would you rather see Griffiths say go into a challenge like that, break his leg and end up out the game for months just to make sure he got the foul or try and avoid the tackle if it meant going to ground?

:faf: did you actually see the tackle?
There was little contact made. Before the dive.

Therefore, no need to roll about the floor. No need to clutch leg and grit teeth. All immediately forgotten when the card came out.

Nothing compared to Torres tackle on Cleverley of course - straight red but Cleverley didnt make a meal of it. THATS the difference.

heretoday
29-10-2012, 01:25 PM
As Fergie rightly stated after the match, if Torres was a proper striker he'd have stayed on his feet and made for goal. Torres really is a complete wet.

Future17
29-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Bottom line - there was contact. When there's contact, there can't be simulation by the letter of the law.

hibbysam
29-10-2012, 03:07 PM
As Fergie rightly stated after the match, if Torres was a proper striker he'd have stayed on his feet and made for goal. Torres really is a complete wet.

And Ashley Young could have stayed on his feet.. But under Clattenburg's ruling exaggerated his fall to get Ivanovic sent off no?

silverhibee
29-10-2012, 03:53 PM
http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-10-28-video-fernando-torres-is-sent-off-for-diving-second-yellow-red-card-chelsea-v-manchester-united
Heres the incident.
From the refs angle, he pulls his leg away and rolls around.
His teeth are gritted in pain - suddenly replace by a 'who me' face when he sees the card.

I'm not saying there was no contact, but he's got a reputation for diving and that one was exagerated. again.

He does seem to get clipped at the shin but when he starts rolling about he is holding his knee which was never touched.