PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama

shetlandhibee
27-10-2012, 10:24 PM
The morocan magician isn't getting regular game time at middelsbourgh do you think we could sign or get him on a loan deal in January ? it would be fantastic to see him with a Hibs strip back on!:agree: wat do u think would u like to see him back at Hibs?

lucky
27-10-2012, 10:30 PM
No it would not. Waste of a wage always injured and only plays when feels like it. Don't get this fascination Hibs fans have with bringing back ex players.

Paisley Hibby
27-10-2012, 10:32 PM
The morocan magician isn't getting regular game time at middelsbourgh do you think we could sign or get him on a loan deal in January ? it would be fantastic to see him with a Hibs strip back on!:agree: wat do u think would u like to see him back at Hibs?

Sorry but no thanks. We should be pulling out the stops to keep Claros, Sparky and McGivern.

Saorsa
27-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Sorry but no thanks. We should be pulling out the stops to keep Claros, Sparky and McGivern.:agree:

Good as he was on his day, 1 day in every 10 weeks isnae what we need

SteveHFC
27-10-2012, 10:39 PM
We don't need him. We have Cairney

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Never go back.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Have to agree. Even though I enjoyed watching him play, we need to look forward. Any new signings should be in the defence.

JOD
27-10-2012, 11:06 PM
No thank you. had his chance. Hibs were great with him.

Remember all the stuff about his visa and help with his family to try and bring them over.

A couple of good games but no consistency. Just you keep him Tony.:bye:

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2012, 11:10 PM
One of the most skilful players I've seen at ER. But an absolute passenger in the majority of games. Give me Cairney or the new and improved Spoony any day of the week.

Sweet Left Peg
28-10-2012, 01:21 AM
With Merouane Zemamma and Benjelloun,
I know i'm gonna see the Hibees scoring soon,
Here we go-ohhhh
Moroccan all over the world....

ScottB
28-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Personally I think it's no coincidence that this season we have seen the return of a real sense of team spirit while we haven't had any ex players going through 'rehabilitation' with us.

They've all had their time with us, we've moved on, let's keep it that way.

Hibercelona
28-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Zemmamas an excellent talent on his day, he's also a royalty that we can do without at the moment.

We want to build a team on consistency and unfortunately Zemmama just doesn't have the level of consistency for the squad we're building together.

Golden Bear
28-10-2012, 09:10 AM
It's a big no-no from me as well.

He was potentially brilliant but also injury prone, temperamental and generally inconsistent.

He'd be a great 5 a side player in your local Sports Centre but not worth the risk as far as we are concerned.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Not for me. IMHO we are not a good enough side to have a player like him just now. Sounds a bit odd, but what I mean is that we need a starting X1 that give 100% every game. Can't afford to carry a player that will only give you that only one game in four or five, no matter how talented he is.

hibsbollah
28-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I loved the wee guy, but if we were going to bring him back it should have been twelve months ago when we really needed him. The midfield is looking better now than it has for a long while.

I disagree with the 'inconsistent' chat as well. You couldn't rely on him being fit, but once he was actually on the pitch you could count on 100% commitment every game.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 10:28 AM
He's a good player, and imo would thrive in this better Hibs team if we could keep him fit.

Personally i'd prefer permanent signings, i dont like the uncertainty we have at the minute with our present loan deals, but can see the benefits of them.

lord bunberry
28-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Im not sure if we should go for zemmama but what i am sure of is we need to sign players like him if we are to make the next step from being hard working and tough to beat to being a team that is good to watch and successful at the same time

J-C
28-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Why do we always have someone wanting to bring back ex players, good grief can't we just move, enough already :confused:

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Why do we always have someone wanting to bring back ex players, good grief can't we just move, enough already :confused:

I'd like us to bring Fletcher back, you have a problem with that? :greengrin

LeighLoyal
28-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd have a look at him in the Summer if he's still on the fringes at Boro. I'm happy with Spoon and Cairney but we don't know if Spoon will be here next year.

jdships
28-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Sorry , but if you give this idea a bit of thought you will realise that 99% of the time a ' returning favourite' turns out to be a big let down
Let's just remember the good times when he was here first time round

:na na:

Vault Boy
28-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't think it's something that is likely to actually happen, but if given the opportunity for him to return, I think we should pounce on it. He is a really talented player, I don't think we're really in a posistion to refuse a player like Zemmama. We have a lot of hard working, good professionals at the club now, but apart form Sparky, Cairney and more recently Spoony I don't think we have any that can just turn a game on it's head like Zemmama can. Personally, I'd love to see him back, but I can't see it happening. Fenlon has shown his eye for a player this season, I have no doubts that he will persue the right sort of signings in January or beyond.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2012, 11:57 AM
No chance, have we learnt nothing from bringing back Sproule!

Franck Stanton
28-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry but no thanks. We should be pulling out the stops to keep Claros, Sparky and McGivern.

This. Alough don't hold out much hope of retaining them, especially McGivern who is highly rated at Man C, As for Claros, would love to make him permanant as well however - could we afford him ? sure Rangers offered £800,000 and were knocked back prior to us getting him on loan [for loan read shop window], Sparky most likely of the 3 but am sure he is being watched by teams with more cash to offer than us. His form/goalscoring will not have gone un-noticed down South

basehibby
28-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I loved the wee guy, but if we were going to bring him back it should have been twelve months ago when we really needed him. The midfield is looking better now than it has for a long while.

I disagree with the 'inconsistent' chat as well. You couldn't rely on him being fit, but once he was actually on the pitch you could count on 100% commitment every game.

:agree: although he missed plenty games through injury I never saw Zemama give anything less than 100% when on the pitch so I'm perplexed by some of the posts on here implying he was some kind of a passenger :confused:

I'd take him back for a loan - I think we lack an option like him giving us genuine flair from midfield.

Paisley Hibby
28-10-2012, 01:39 PM
With Merouane Zemamma and Benjelloun,
I know i'm gonna see the Hibees scoring soon,
Here we go-ohhhh
Moroccan all over the world....

:greengrin

Paisley Hibby
28-10-2012, 01:46 PM
This. Alough don't hold out much hope of retaining them, especially McGivern who is highly rated at Man C, As for Claros, would love to make him permanant as well however - could we afford him ? sure Rangers offered £800,000 and were knocked back prior to us getting him on loan [for loan read shop window], Sparky most likely of the 3 but am sure he is being watched by teams with more cash to offer than us. His form/goalscoring will not have gone un-noticed down South

Extending McGivern's loan until the end of this season has got to be possible? Sparky is desparate to play for us so I think that's a realistic signing. Finally, I'm not sure Claros has done enough yet to merit someone else paying big money for him so again, a possibility for a year's extension? Over to the Tache!!

Jonnyboy
28-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I'd like us to bring Fletcher back, you have a problem with that? :greengrin

Aye. The boy's nae right fit :greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry , but if you give this idea a bit of thought you will realise that 99% of the time a ' returning favourite' turns out to be a big let down
Let's just remember the good times when he was here first time round

:na na:

Michael Weir, Pat McGinlay, Erich Schaedler, Bobby Johnstone and Joe Baker would get that rather swingeing percentage of yours down a good bit.
In my humble of course.

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Not for me, much happier seeing graft and effort in abundance, Zouma great on his day but a luxury we can't really afford....Would rather we focussed on signing our loanees on longer term deals....

jdships
28-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Michael Weir, Pat McGinlay, Erich Schaedler, Bobby Johnstone and Joe Baker would get that rather swingeing percentage of yours down a good bit.
In my humble of course.

If you care to read my post again you will note I made no mention of Hibernian FC or their players :greengrin:wink: