PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready to come back?

Mikey
27-10-2012, 05:13 PM
If you're one of the people who wanted......

Better players

Players who cared about the club

A decent manager

A more competitive league

Rangers voted out of the league

Changes in the boardroom

Will you be back on Saturday to see Hibs possibly go top of the league? Or do you need more?

hibee_nation
27-10-2012, 05:18 PM
The only valid excuse now is finance or lack of, the feel good factor is back big time. Hope for good crowds for our next 2 home games. :pfgwa:hibees

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Saturday 3pm ko. Chance to go top of the league with Celtc not playing until Sunday. Hope for a bumper crowd next week.

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 05:39 PM
A massive crowd would help to convince the board to invest now in longer contracts. The players and manager deserve it. ST holders should phone a friend.

:pfgwa

Dalianwanda
27-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Wish I could...hopefully more of a chance after the year..will get a half season and hopefully my dad can use it

bingo70
27-10-2012, 05:40 PM
How much will a ticket be next week? :devil:

I'm actually only stirring, it'll be about £22? It's the category A games that cost much more so it's not that much more expensive than what people are asking prices to be so it'd be good if a good crowd can come along to show appreciation for how much we've improved this season.

Mikey
27-10-2012, 05:42 PM
£22?

:agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

The Modfather
27-10-2012, 05:43 PM
If you're one of the people who wanted......

Better players

Players who cared about the club

A decent manager

A more competitive league

Rangers voted out of the league

Changes in the boardroom

Will you be back on Saturday to see Hibs possibly go top of the league? Or do you need more?

I'm very slowly starting to get back some of the passion that was lost, back again. It took 2 or 3 years for me to gradually drift away to the point where I stopped going altogether. I've began to dip my toe in to the odd game, but it will take a lot longer to get me back as a regular again, than 10 or so games(as heartening as they have been), same as it wasn't 10 or so bad games that pushed me away.

I certainly don't feel as apathetic towards this current squad, but do worry that I have drifted away to the degree that now I'm a bit older and have different priorities in life I'll never be the regular attendee I was in my "youth".

hibs0666
27-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm very slowly starting to get back some of the passion that was lost, back again. It took 2 or 3 years for me to gradually drift away to the point where I stopped going altogether. I've began to dip my toe in to the odd game, but it will take a lot longer to get me back as a regular again, than 10 or so games(as heartening as they have been), same as it wasn't 10 or so bad games that pushed me away.

I certainly don't feel as apathetic towards this current squad, but do worry that I have drifted away to the degree that now I'm a bit older and have different priorities in life I'll never be the regular attendee I was in my "youth".

That's one of the longest No's I've seen in a while. :wink:

Mikey
27-10-2012, 05:48 PM
in my "youth".

FFS man, yer 27 :Ummm:

:greengrin

Keith_M
27-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Are you ready to come back?
Fraid not, I'm pretty much settled here now. :wink:

However, I'll be over for a visit in January so should get my first game since 'the-game-that-never-happened' in May.

Malthibby
27-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking about buying a Bovril instead of the Horlicks I usually drink to assist with my second-half nap, so PF has certainly got me going.
GG

LancashireHibby
27-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Hoping to be at the game next week, and may be my 5 year olds first visit to ER as well.

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 06:08 PM

As a Hibs fan, I can't think of what would be more of a priority than to be at ER when Hibs go top of the league.

Wish it was the case that it happened all the time, so there was an excuse to be "apathetic". You should show an example to the current "youth" and be there on Saturday.

2nd place is Champions League football....that should fire up your interest.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2012, 06:16 PM

As a Hibs fan, I can't think of what would be more of a priority than to be at ER when Hibs go top of the league.

Wish it was the case that it happened all the time, so there was an excuse to be "apathetic". You should show an example to the current "youth" and be there on Saturday.

:pfgwa[/QUOTE]

2nd place unfortunately doesn't achieve Champions League football from next season, only the winners get into it.
Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient

Jack Hackett
27-10-2012, 06:30 PM

2nd place unfortunately doesn't achieve Champions League football from next season, only the winners get into it.
Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient

I'm looking at the league table on the beeb site, and the dotted line is between 2nd and 3rd. Have they got it wrong?

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm looking at the league table on the beeb site, and the dotted line is between 2nd and 3rd. Have they got it wrong?

Following this years many financial revelations, nothing would surprise me. Presume UEFA have decided their allocations at the start of the season ?

Jack Hackett
27-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Following this years many financial revelations, nothing would surprise me. Presume UEFA have decided their allocations at the start of the season ?

Just had a look at SPL site http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11616 and this does indeed suggest the beeb are at it again. Runners up get Europa qualifying round 2

hfc rd
27-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Our current co-efficient is ranked 26th. So that means only 1 CL place & 3 EL places. I presume it will be something like this:-

1st - CL
2nd - EL
3rd - EL
4th/Scottish Cup Winners - EL

If the Scottish Cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position, then the team in 4th will get the EL place. If the Scottish Cup winners have not qualified for Europe through league position then they will get the EL place instead of the team in 4th.

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_UEFA_Champions_League

If wikipedia is accurate, you seem to be absolutely correct.

I am appalled that the Media have been silent and possibly complicit in not broadcasting this.

Won't bother Pat Fenlon or the team.
Hibernian only want to play in Europe's top competition when champions.

LeighLoyal
27-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Looking forward to the next game. The SPL in general is going very well without the Cheatco bigots, the complete opposite of what the corrupt Glasgow media predicted. :aok:

Saorsa
27-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Looking forward to the next game. The SPL in general is going very well without the Cheatco bigots, the complete opposite of what the corrupt Glasgow media predicted. :aok:lets no forget the shysters that run the spl & sfa too.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Lets aim for Top 6, we would have taken that at the start of the season

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I hope we dont qualify for europe with a last day away win, thats just not good enough if i remember correctly? :lips seal

bingo70
27-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I hope we dont qualify for europe with a last day away win, thats just not good enough if i remember correctly? :lips seal

No, i hope we get into Europe but i then hope our form doesn't take a dive bomb next season and end up needing a new manager to avoid relegation again. :wink: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2012, 07:32 PM
No, i hope we get into Europe but i then hope our form doesn't take a dive bomb next season and end up needing a new manager to avoid relegation again. :wink: :greengrin

Me neither. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-10-2012, 07:32 PM
To answer the OP, me + 3 from Monifieth coming doon for our first home game of the season :thumbsup:

Squealing pig
27-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes

Purehibee_MYB
27-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I will be doing my upmost to be there! and in answer to the other debate.. as someone rightly said.. I'd be happy with top 6 as we would have taken that at the start of the season to be honest

greenlex
27-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Barring death. I will be there.

Craig_in_Prague
27-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm back in love with Hibs and its great to have that warm fuzzing feeling back. I thought we looked like scoring everytime we crossed the half way line last night. The support was tremendous and I wish I could be there. Thanks to no service with HI tv anymore we cant feel part of 3pm Sat home games anymore, but hopefully all those that can phyisically attend start turning up again and help build on the superb support that is being created and also help the team build momentum on the park.
GGTTH

ronaldo7
27-10-2012, 09:04 PM
To answer the OP, me + 3 from Monifieth coming doon for our first home game of the season :thumbsup:

Welcome back, and for the rest of you guys who are swithering, try and get yourselves back to the Holy ground. It's becoming magical again:aok:

Hibbyradge
27-10-2012, 09:10 PM

But RP is still at the helm. :confused::confused::confused:

ronaldo7
27-10-2012, 09:46 PM
But RP is still at the helm. :confused::confused::confused:

Stop putting blockers up to guys who've seen the light:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
28-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Get to use my ST for the second time this season. Big decision, Iona or BTG?

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Get to use my ST for the second time this season. Big decision, Iona or BTG?

Iona

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Cant wait for saturday. I never stopped loving hibs. Yes it hurt that day and I punished myself by not attending the derby. I will be going to every game that I possible can. The feelings towards attending games that I had a couple of years ago are back big time. Love it!

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I will be attending with the wee man and can't wait.

The Sec43 guys have made the difference to the atmosphere coupled with the improvements on the park.

I really think people should get their ***** along and help the club out as much as possible.

:flag:

Lucius Apuleius
28-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Iona

OK, talked me into it. :greengrin

Godsahibby
28-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I have started to come back, even went through to Motherwell on Friday. Will definitely be back more now but not a chance I would invest in a season ticket again, it's just not worth it.

Borderhibbie76
28-10-2012, 11:07 AM
as stated on another thread, I've always been proud to be a Hibbie, now I'm excited to be a Hibbie again and it feels great. Even in defeat last Sat, "most" of us never panicked, statred shouting etc etc because blips like that will happen throughout the season, however the passion to play for our great club is back with this current crop of players and you can accept the odd defeat when that's the case.

Sadly under Dunderwood, and Yogi (for the most part) that effort and passion was sadly lacking and that's what drove some away.

But guys, it's time to come back, support the club and help us build on this early season success as increased gates will only help us to keep the likes of Sparky, Claros, McGivern etc...

Cannae wait for Saturday:flag:

Since90+2
28-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Im all for bit of weedgie bashing but I dont think you can say its down to poor results from Celtic and Rangers. Its the other teams , including ourselves , who have been absolutely woeful in Europe that have hit our co-efficient. If you take out Rangers and Celtics contribution we would be about the same as Wales.

wookie70
28-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Used to go home and away and was a season ticket holder for over a decade. Family responsibilities now stop me going. Wife works on a Saturday and daughter doesn't really want to go. Still get along 2 or 3 times a year but wish it was more. The position Hibs are in the League or for that matter what league they are in wouldn't be too much an issue. I have watched Hibs under Bertie Auld and Alex Miller and hardly missed a game so crap football doesn't seem to matter either.

There is a really good vibe going at the club at the moment and I would love to get a half season ticket for me and the kids. The problem is keeping my daughter amused during the game.

I wonder if Hibs have ever thought of having a Creche at the ground on matchdays. There must be a few parents out there in my position who would pay the price of a juvenile season ticket for their kid to be looked after during the game. No chance of childcare on a Saturday and I have no family who could help out. I am sure if there were bouncy castles and some fun laid on with the appropriate number of carers then the non football loving kid could have fun whilst their Brother and Dad watched the game. The childcare may not make a profit but in my situation there would be tywo more season tickets sold every year.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm sick of these glory hunters.

Lucius Apuleius
29-10-2012, 06:48 AM

TQM?

IWasThere2016
29-10-2012, 08:15 AM

TQM?

I'm the kiss of death mare often than not! :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
29-10-2012, 08:17 AM

They've finally seen the light G.

Petrie must stay:greengrin

Mikey
29-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm the kiss of death mare often than not! :rolleyes:

I think all of us could claim to be the kiss of death since 4:50pm on March 18th 2007 :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Will be back for the Hibs Dons game, cannae wait, the way we have started gives us hope for the long term, whether we keep it up over the coming weeks for me is irrelevant, we can see the green shoots,were moving forward as a whole, been a while since we have had anything to shout about. After that final, I was absolutely shocked, said I wouldnae be back until there was investment and a change in attitude and players, didnae think it would happen so quick, must give PF credit for getting this team together, lets hope we can keep it up and the fans come back, more fans coming back through the gate means more investment for the club. Pity we were ersed ootae the cup so early though.

Albanian Hibs
29-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Used to go home and away and was a season ticket holder for over a decade. Family responsibilities now stop me going. Wife works on a Saturday and daughter doesn't really want to go. Still get along 2 or 3 times a year but wish it was more. The position Hibs are in the League or for that matter what league they are in wouldn't be too much an issue. I have watched Hibs under Bertie Auld and Alex Miller and hardly missed a game so crap football doesn't seem to matter either.

There is a really good vibe going at the club at the moment and I would love to get a half season ticket for me and the kids. The problem is keeping my daughter amused during the game.

I wonder if Hibs have ever thought of having a Creche at the ground on matchdays. There must be a few parents out there in my position who would pay the price of a juvenile season ticket for their kid to be looked after during the game. No chance of childcare on a Saturday and I have no family who could help out. I am sure if there were bouncy castles and some fun laid on with the appropriate number of carers then the non football loving kid could have fun whilst their Brother and Dad watched the game. The childcare may not make a profit but in my situation there would be tywo more season tickets sold every year.

Love the idea of a creche. I know myself and at least one other person would be interested!

IWasThere2016
29-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I think all of us could claim to be the kiss of death since 4:50pm on March 18th 2007 :rolleyes:

We were so good then the fall was always gonna feel longer/mare painful .. we're on our way back though :pfgwa

3pm
29-10-2012, 12:56 PM

No way, I don't go to away games! :greengrin

Well, I go to some... :rolleyes:

Fae the capital
29-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm back in love with Hibs and its great to have that warm fuzzing feeling back. I thought we looked like scoring everytime we crossed the half way line last night. The support was tremendous and I wish I could be there. Thanks to no service with HI tv anymore we cant feel part of 3pm Sat home games anymore, but hopefully all those that can phyisically attend start turning up again and help build on the superb support that is being created and also help the team build momentum on the park.
GGTTH

I've taken a break up till now. Not attended a game this season, but think I'm going to take my daughter for the first time soon and try and go to a least a game a month after that.
The final was a really hard one to take, but I always had faith in pat fenlon and what he is doing.
It's time me and others like me went back and tried to get our average attendance up.