PDA

View Full Version : Last night's dodgy decisions...

3pm
27-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Payback for last year's fiasco when the lights went out. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

whiskyhibby
27-10-2012, 11:33 AM
:-))

Steven_Hibs
27-10-2012, 11:33 AM
For the goal line incident, its impossible at that speed for the linesman to give it, so in a way it aint dodgy, if it was against us we would moan but we have to be realistic. Our 2nd penalty was outside, but these things even themselves out over a season, so expect us to be on the receiving end at some point, probably when Thomson is refeering the Edinburgh derby in Jan

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2012, 11:37 AM
No idea what you are on about, just watched the highlights and the ball was clearly not over the line when Williams saved it, and both penalty's were stonewallers.

The first their keeper drags sparky to the ground, a clear assault and should have seen a red card.

The 2nd Wotherspoon has his legs taken away from him at least 5 yards in the box just before he was about to pull the trigger, another red card offence missed by the ref.

McPake was harshly treated when winning the ball fair and square from Higdon, who had made a back for our centre half.

Justice was done when he fired it over the bar.

LeighLoyal
27-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Second pen looked outside the box, but not sure if the whole ball crossed the line first half
so no goal was correct.

LancashireHibby
27-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Goal line technology and all that. Would have undoubtedly changed the game, but let's call it karma after the abandoned game (not forgetting the goal we were given against Dunfermline last season that didn't cross the line!)

HibsMax
27-10-2012, 01:16 PM
With respect to goal / no goal, can the game not be stopped to check? It doesn't happen that often and would only take a few seconds to a minute. Then the correct decision would be made.

Hibercelona
27-10-2012, 01:23 PM
No idea what you are on about, just watched the highlights and the ball was clearly not over the line when Williams saved it, and both penalty's were stonewallers.

The first their keeper drags sparky to the ground, a clear assault and should have seen a red card.

The 2nd Wotherspoon has his legs taken away from him at least 5 yards in the box just before he was about to pull the trigger, another red card offence missed by the ref.

McPake was harshly treated when winning the ball fair and square from Higdon, who had made a back for our centre half.

:agree:

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Tricla
27-10-2012, 01:25 PM

I'm no seeing any smilies in there so I'm hoping all of that is satirical!

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2012, 01:25 PM
With respect to goal / no goal, can the game not be stopped to check? It doesn't happen that often and would only take a few seconds to a minute. Then the correct decision would be made.

Then you would get into the realms of questioning other dodgy decisions. I like that Football remains real time, decisions either go for or against you in real time, and makes our game what it is. I am not a fan of looking at an incident on monitors then deciding thereafter....

HibsMax
27-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Then you would get into the realms of questioning other dodgy decisions. I like that Football remains real time, decisions either go for or against you in real time, and makes our game what it is. I am not a fan of looking at an incident on monitors then deciding thereafter....

I know what you mean and I agree to an extent, we don't want the game stopping all the time and taking two hours but I feel this is a special case that special attention. Nothing like losing a game by a goal when you actually scored an equalizer.

Is this summation fair? It sounds like it was written by a Motherwell fan.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/gamecast?gameId=355975&lang=EN

HibsMax
27-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Looked like a goal on YouTube. Hard to see at full speed. Great save (attempt) though.

JohnStephens91
27-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I know what you mean and I agree to an extent, we don't want the game stopping all the time and taking two hours but I feel this is a special case that special attention. Nothing like losing a game by a goal when you actually scored an equalizer.

Is this summation fair? It sounds like it was written by a Motherwell fan.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/gamecast?gameId=355975&lang=EN

"The goalkeeper leaned into Griffiths as any defender would do before putting in a tackle and scooped the ball behind with his hand but was stunned to see O'Reilly deliver a yellow card." Sorry but whoever wrote that is clearly biased one way, Randolph isn't anywhere near shoulder to shoulder, he tries to put his arm across Leigh to stop him and then he shoves him in the shoulder.

Jpdhfc
27-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Dodgy highs on not getting a card for his assault in the first half

Jpdhfc
27-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Dodgy highs on not getting a card for his assault in the first half
Sorry higgdon

Speedy
27-10-2012, 02:13 PM
For the goal line incident, its impossible at that speed for the linesman to give it, so in a way it aint dodgy, if it was against us we would moan but we have to be realistic. Our 2nd penalty was outside, but these things even themselves out over a season, so expect us to be on the receiving end at some point, probably when Thomson is refeering the Edinburgh derby in Jan

My first instinct (watching on TV) was that it was over the line and the 2nd penalty was a free kick so there's no reason the ref or linesman couldn't get it right. The ref was in a good position for the 'goal', can't remember who gave the penalty or where they were.

When do you stop it though? We could have stopped on the line, punted it up to Griffiths and scored within 5-10 seconds.

For me, it has to be a sensor type thing which triggers an alarm or nothing. I think video replays can be difficult to interpret as well.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Looked like a goal on YouTube. Hard to see at full speed. Great save (attempt) though.

I dont think so, maybe i need these green tinted spectacles checked? :wink:

iwasthere1972
27-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Payback time. That's what I thought at the time.

1. Time in 2004 when they postponed the match because they didn't put on the undersoil heating and I didn't get to know about it until I was in Motherwell and only a couple of hundred yards from the stadium.

2. For running out of tea a few years back (after queuing for 20 minutes or so) and making me miss a Hibs goal which was scored at the beginning of the second half.

3. Floodlights last year.

4. For getting 4 flukely goals against us in May 2010 to come back from 6-2.

5. For just being Motherwell.

Just to reconfirm my thoughts. :giruy:

--------
27-10-2012, 03:18 PM
The 18-yard line is part of the 18-0yard box.

Hamill and Wotherspoon were straddling the line when contact was made.

So it was a penalty.

I have spoke. End of. :devil:

Was thinking of what referee Tom (Tiny) Wharton said to Jimmy Johnstone of Celtic back in the days when Doddie was a boy.

Tiny had awarded a penalty to Rangers at Parkhead. As they were walking off at half-time, Jimmy (all 5'2" of him) went up to Tiny (all 6'4" of him), looked up, and said, "Mr Wharton, that wisnae really a penalty, wis it?"

To which Tiny replied from on high - "Mr Johnstone, if you care to look in the sports pages of tomorrow's 'Sunday Post', you'll see whether it was a penalty or no."

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8684/tinywharton.jpg

Wharton, Johnstone, and Steve Chalmers. Oldsters will remember the invalid tricycles - if you weren't an invalid before you got one, you soon would be.

Not that Celtic had any reason to doubt Tiny's impartiality, of course ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PwuupO90t54/S0-eT_bYToI/AAAAAAAAAbY/Dzw2gvFQiU0/s400/greig.jpg

Who's the Mason in the black? :devil:

Franck Stanton
27-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Having watched the highlights a few times would say the Hibs 1st penalty was a stone-waller. Keeper did his utmost to keep Sparky from the ball and pushed him on three seperate occassions. Definate penalty, correct decision with a yellow card as well. The "goal" that wasn't - ball wes well over the line, can't see why anyone could argue otherwise, however, having said that, when you see the refs view/position it would be impossible to tell, the ref looks towards his linesman for confirmation and didn't get any decision, so, in the laws of the game, ie; he has to be sure it crossed the line, then didn't award the goal. Thems the breaks, good when they go for you, bad when they don't. Motherwells penalty - another of the stone-wall variety. McPake was up early and all over Higdon preventing him from jumping. Hibs second penalty - mmmm imo the initial challenge was made outside the box [similar to THAT penalty in the c/final I am trying to block out of my memory]. If anything should have been a free kick to Hibs. Looked a good, entertaining game and , for me anyway, most pleasing aspect was the clean sheet as we have been leaking too many soft goals this season. Well done lads, keep it up.