PDA

View Full Version : todays observation

Mon Dieu4
27-10-2012, 06:57 AM
is that the entire Yams team have only scored one more goal than Griffiths in the league so far this season

all in all a carlsberg weekend already

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Will he stay or will he go?

If we can keep Leigh, McGivern and Claros past January this team could definitely achieve something special this season.

Mon Dieu4
27-10-2012, 07:08 AM
The Griffiths one is a no brainer, all stops should be pulled out to get him, McGiverns deal will hopefully be extended to the end of the year, as for Claros i really hope some deal can be struck and his team don't ask for silly money

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Those three are making a massive difference. If you look at the eleven last night there's no proper weak link:thumbsup: when could you last say that about Hibs:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
27-10-2012, 09:23 AM
A wolves fan on twitter, tweeted lg last night asking if he had a future at wolves and leigh replied no chance!! Music to my ears

truehibernian
27-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Will he stay or will he go?

If we can keep Leigh, McGivern and Claros past January this team could definitely achieve something special this season.

Hugely impressed with this guy - fit, strong, composed and doesn't rush things. A loan extenstion would be superb but this guy has all the components to be a top full back at a high level. Articulate too off the pitch.

As for Leigh, I said pre-season it was essential we got him - I fear his form will attract bids from Championship clubs in January though. Fantastic wee player and has 'kept the heid' in games and matured vastly.

Don't know what Pat and Liam put in the tea this week but the team played (as they have done since Hearts at ER) as a team - really strong work ethic and all playing with their heads up.

I said that the 'Well game was hugely important and some didn't seem to think a lot hinged on it - but it was the last game of the 11 game cycle, and to finish the first third of the season in 2nd (just now), with 18 points and lots of goals, unbeaten at home and a thumping win against many pundits tip for second, I think this sends out a real message to the rest and also reinforces the confidence levels at East Mains.

Delighted for Danny Handling - guaranteed the first of many for that young man.

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Agree with all of that TH.

I was thinking about the solid look weve got at the back. Williams McGivern McPake a new improved Hanlon and Clancy. Have we ever had a more solid back five in the last ten years? if you think about it, even when we had Murphy Whittaker and Jones in 2007 there was an inconsistent Hogg and Andy McNeil in goals. For every Samba we've had a Shelton Martis to spoil things. We have to thank Pat for bringing in defensive quality that slipped under other teams' radars :agree: