PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Motherwell

hibsbollah
26-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Not long back...Delighted:greengrin

Williams 6 Some very dodgy decision making again, possibly the luckiest clean sheet we'll see this season.

McGivern 7 Improved after a bit of trouble with Humphries early on. Is getting an excellent understanding with Cairney. Please can we keep him?
McPake 6 Still not at his best.
Hanlon 8
Clancy 7

Cairney 8 some superb deliveries and good defensive work as well.
Claros 7 Excellent first half, slightly quieter 2nd.
Taiwo 6 Quiet. Brian Kerr-esque. No obvious mistakes, just looks like a utility player.
Wotherspoon 9 MOTM. Watching him now compared to the last two seasons, he's just not the same player. Football is inexplicable sometimes. well done:not worth

Doyle 8 came into it second half. Looks like our fittest player this season.
Griffiths 8

Ref and linesmen :not worth geniuses. If I was a Motherwell fan I'd be raging. But I'm not, so that's cool:greengrin

McKenzie
26-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Fans - 10

Hiber-nation
26-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Not long back...Delighted:greengrin

Williams 6 Some very dodgy decision making again, possibly the luckiest clean sheet we'll see this season.

McGivern 7 Improved after a bit of trouble with Humphries early on. Is getting an excellent understanding with Cairney. Please can we keep him?
McPake 6 Still not at his best.
Hanlon 8
Clancy 7

Cairney 8 some superb deliveries and good defensive work as well.
Claros 7 Excellent first half, slightly quieter 2nd.
Taiwo 6 Quiet. Brian Kerr-esque. No obvious mistakes, just looks like a utility player.
Wotherspoon 9 MOTM. Watching him now compared to the last two seasons, he's just not the same player. Football is inexplicable sometimes. well done:not worth

Doyle 8 came into it second half. Looks like our fittest player this season.
Griffiths 8

Ref and linesmen :not worth geniuses. If I was a Motherwell fan I'd be raging. But I'm not, so that's cool:greengrin

Only saw it on telly but I thought McPake made 1 mistake but umpteen great clearances and didn't see Williams do anything wrong.

iwasthere1972
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Referee 10
Assistant Referees 10
Floodlights 10

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Think you're being harsh on Williams, I don't recall him doing anything wrong tonight.

Also prevented Motherwell from taking the lead early on.

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Referee 10
Assistant Referees 10
Floodlights 10

Superb performance. Nobody can have any complaints. :wink:

Same level of consistency everyweek please.

Although its likely that our next ref will be "you know who", just so the SFA can try and "balance it out".

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Williams - 6 Cracking save for the goal that never was and kept us in it with a good stop after 5 minutes. Decision making a little suspect at times though.

Clancy- 7 Done well against Motherwell's best player.
McPake- 5 Not as imposing as usual.
Hanlon- 6 Coped well enough.
McGivern- 7 Thought he looked relly good.

Taiwo- 6 Quietly effective.
Claros- 6 See Taiwo.
Cairney- 7 Bundle of energy, linked well.
Wotherspoon- 9 MOM. Cracking goal and had the beating of his man all night. Another 2 assists aswell.
Doyle- 7 Came onto a good game. Works hard for the team.

Griffiths- 8 Composed for the pens and always a threat.

Maybury- 6 expeience showed.
Stevenson- 5 few touches.
Handling- 6 Got into right position and first of hopefully more goals for Hibs.

hibsbollah
26-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Superb performance. Nobody can have any complaints. :wink:

Same level of consistency everyweek please.

Although its likely that our next ref will be "you know who", just so the SFA can try and "balance it out".

Did anyone else think the ref would have watched the 'incident' at HT and try to even it out second half? I never had a good view of the McPake challenge Second half that resulted in the pen but it looked soft...

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Did anyone else think the ref would have watched the 'incident' at HT and try to even it out second half? I never had a good view of the McPake challenge Second half that resulted in the pen but it looked soft...

If you jump up for the ball with your hands around the neck inside the box, you're always going to run the risk of giving away a penalty, whether its soft or not.

McPake should have known better.

I like the look of McPake 99% of the time, but he does seem to have the odd moment.

Jim44
26-10-2012, 10:25 PM

I'm not so sure that refs use this 'evening up' tactic that's often referred to. Two wrongs don't make a right and why would a ref want to be seen by his observer as making two mistakes. I'm sure they aren't told by their bosses to operate this system and it's simply down to incompetence.

jdships
26-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm not so sure that refs use this 'evening up' tactic that's often referred to. Two wrongs don't make a right and why would a ref want to be seen by his observer as making two mistakes. I'm sure they aren't told by their bosses to operate this system and it's simply down to incompetence.

Think your reasoning is spot on :top marks
No matter what we think of them as a breed surely they wouldn't put themselves in a position of guilt just to ven things up

Remember Erich Schaedler telling me 'tongue in cheek' , i'm sure, how when he shook hands with the Ref at full time he said ' You didn't want us to win did you ?' and the Ref replied ' Why should I do that when the wife had Hibs to win on the Fixed Odds ' !!!!!!!!!!

:greengrin:wink:

ronaldo7
26-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Think you're being harsh on Williams, I don't recall him doing anything wrong tonight.

Also prevented Motherwell from taking the lead early on.

Great save in the first half when Murphy was clean through. Stopped it with his foot.

Pulled the ball from a foot the otherside of the line to save a goal.

Had a wee bit of a flutter when he went walkabout but a clean sheet is all that's asked for.

Well done BIG BEN.

Borderhibbie76
26-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Great save in the first half when Murphy was clean through. Stopped it with his foot.

Pulled the ball from a foot the otherside of the line to save a goal.

Had a wee bit of a flutter when he went walkabout but a clean sheet is all that's asked for.

Well done BIG BEN.

Think some are being a wee bit harsh on Big Ben, had one dodgy-ish moment first half but 2 cracking saves and came and collected a number of crosses with ease...deffo the best keeper we've had since Daniel Andersson

Pretty Boy
26-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Williams 6 - 2 or 3 cracking saves, couple of dodgy decisions.

Clancy - 7 usual dependable self
Hanlon - 7 decent
McPake - 6 some good challenges and clearances. Caught under the ball a lot AGAIN
McGivern 7 - took a while to settle but played well. Good linking with Cairney.

Spoony 9 - scored a goal, won a penalty, set up a goal. Can't ask for more.
Claros 8 - guys a class act. Never wastes a pass.
Taiwo 7 - still getting up to speed. Done ok.
Cairney 8 - great signing. Going to be a big player for us.

Doyle 7 - came into the game in the 2nd half. Done well.
Griffiths 8 - bags of energy never gave defenders.a minutes peace, 2 brilliant penalties.

500miles
27-10-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm still no great fan of Claros. This was my first chance to see the team play in about 3 months, and was looking forward to seeing the big change in his game. He had some nice touches, and brought the ball down well, and definately has ability. However, I still think that he was a bit.... less involved than I'd like my centre mid to be. Deegan dominates his area, from what I've seen, and if you step into within 6 or 7 yard of him, he'll be in your face before you can change direction. Taiwo, too, I think, when he's up to 100% will offer that as well, he seems to have that aggressive energy. There was one moment which stands out - particularly as I was getting somewhat agitated by the possession Motherwell were enjoying- where he seemed to let the Motherwell player jog past him, about 4 or 5 yards away.

I'm not saying that Claros is lazy or cowardly, I just think his naturally, less aggressive style might be a weakness in the physically robust SPL. IF we played with 2 Claros' in centre mid, i'd worry for us, but if we had a pair of Deegans, I'd still fancy our chances of a result. No defining judgement as of yet, the jury has yet to be swung either way.

QMU-1875
27-10-2012, 04:12 AM
Thought that Williams was the difference between the two sides tonight, didnt play particularly well yet still won 4-0 which in my opinon is always a good sign. didnt see any of the so called mistakes which williams made thought he was fantastic, think we have a real top quality goalkeeper for once! also thought doyle was very effective on the left however have a sneeking suspicion that mcpake is carrying an injury, hes just not been his self recently!

Golden Bear
27-10-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm honestly struggling to think of any "dodgy decisions" that our 'keeper made last night.

:confused:

patlowe
27-10-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm honestly struggling to think of any "dodgy decisions" that our 'keeper made last night.

I remember him rushing from his line at one point and was helped out by a covering defender. Other than that I thought he was excellent last night. He has made a few mistakes this season but I think you've just got to expect that with keepers at our level, as long as the shot stopping is up to scratch. Which it is in Ben's case.

Golden Bear
27-10-2012, 08:15 AM
I remember him rushing from his line at one point and was helped out by a covering defender. Other than that I thought he was excellent last night. He has made a few mistakes this season but I think you've just got to expect that with keepers at our level, as long as the shot stopping is up to scratch. Which it is in Ben's case.

AH - yes. His presence caused mayhem to friend and foe alike but it was only a teeny weeny misjudgement. No harm done on this occasion.

:greengrin

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 08:17 AM

I'm obviously in a minority on this point:greengrin

He had a rush of blood to the head moment coming out of his box when he didn't need to, which could have cost us a goal, and I thought he was caught in No mans land a couple of times with crosses. Did well with the 'goal that wasnt' save. I didn't get in the ground til 12 mins in, apparently he had a good save early on as well.

It wasnt intended as a Williams-bashing thread, I actually really like him, he comes up with something good every game he plays. He's better at shot stopping than crosses, but if he didn't have any weaknesses he wouldn't be here.