PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

SteveHFC
26-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Was class :not worth

LancashireHibby
26-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Tremendous from start to finish. Upper tier was literally shaking at times!

Dav1986
26-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Was my 1st away game for a couple of seasons and thought it was a great atmosphere. A lot of credit to section 43!! Will defo be at a few more this season. GGTTH

Hibby cal
26-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Fantastic atmosphere in upper tier
Section 43 sang from start to finish
A night to remember for all hibees
Best song was jimmy saville is
Rudi skachels dad lol lol lol

Tricla
26-10-2012, 10:23 PM

Lol!

Jonnyboy
26-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm a big supporter of S43 and agree that they performed well tonight but I have to say that virtually the whole of the upper tier was singing along so non S43's deserved heaps of praise too :agree: :thumbsup:

At The Edge
26-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm a big supporter of S43 and agree that they performed well tonight but I have to say that virtually the whole of the upper tier was singing along so non S43's deserved heaps of praise too :agree: :thumbsup:

:agree:

the Allez song has now became the song to sing after a goal, everyone is joining in, its magic to hear.

Chuck Rhoades
Whole support was tremendous today!

Jonnyboy

the Allez song has now became the song to sing after a goal, everyone is joining in, its magic to hear.

I agree, it's fantastic :agree:

JIm
26-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Whole support was tremendous today!

Awesome support, buzzing after that, roll on the next away day, oh and st mirren before that :flag:

Fergos
26-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Went through with the old boy tonight, amazing atmosphere.

Hats off to the sect43 boys, really kept it going, pity about the banner getting a KB at the start by the stewards.

Ooh to ooh to be, ooh to be a Hibee.

Hibernian Forever.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Awesome support, buzzing after that, roll on the next away day, oh and st mirren before that :flag:

Dundee Utd at home as well

djs69
26-10-2012, 10:32 PM
s43 keep up the excellent work GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

wearethehibs
26-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Every Hibs fan was fantastic tonight

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
26-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Was a great atmosphere. was sat downstairs and was surprised how much it filled up just before kick off. If the top tier was pretty full we must have had very decent numbers through.

JIm
26-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Was a great atmosphere. was sat downstairs and was surprised how much it filled up just before kick off. If the top tier was pretty full we must have had very decent numbers through.

I was told 1575 roughly, not sure how accurate that was

givescotlandfreedom
26-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Great atmosphere tonight! Stand was literally moving at times with all the jumping going on.

swanny 6-2
26-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Just back from Motherwell non stop singing from start to finish,and a special mention for the golden eagle double decker bus,thank you mikey and hibs.net:not worth

SouthMoroccoStu
26-10-2012, 10:59 PM

:not worth lmfao

Borderhibbie76
26-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Aboslutely buzzing atmosphere tonight, I was in bottom tier and we were "conducting the orchestra" upstairs. Sparky dancing along to the "allez" song after 3rd goal was a great moment too. Then at the end James McPake just stood taking it all in...great stuff what a night to be a Hibee...oh and Hearts owe the tax £1.75m....If Carlsberg made Friday nights...:pfgwa

.Sean.
26-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Brilliant. I was the guy was stood on the chair beside drummerboy ( bounceross) all game. Tonight was fantastic. Arrogant, loud and boisterous, everything a Hibs support should be.

#FromTheCapital
26-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Great atmosphere. Everyone in good spirits. Friday night games are the way forward

Greendub
26-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Sounded quality on the TV!

hfc rd
27-10-2012, 12:22 AM
One of the best ever atmospheres in a long long time. Every fan at the game tonight played the 12th man role magnificently. Long may it continue!

GGTTH

monktonharp
27-10-2012, 01:02 AM
One of the best ever atmospheres in a long long time. Every fan at the game tonight played the 12th man role magnificently. Long may it continue!

GGTTH:agree: it turned out to be something special last night, and a lot of praise must go the sect43 lads for the continual noise/songs throughout. I was really beginning to wonder what had happened to our support a couple of seasons ago, regarding singing at games. I'd been wondering if our "youth" had somehow gave up on starting new songs,forgot the ones their Da used to sing etc but last night really was good. me and my cousin were on the peripherals of the upstairs racket but joined in with a fervour mid-way, especially after the 2nd goal:wink: so much credit must go to the sect43, as they drove a lot of fans around them on.:aok:

hibernianyank
27-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Reading all this and hearing you guys on ESPN made me jealous I never got through!

Steve-O
27-10-2012, 01:11 AM
What's this Allez song?

SteveHFC
27-10-2012, 01:14 AM
What's this Allez song?

'Allee allee allee oh, Allee allee allee oh, Hibernian FC, From the capital' :wink:

mikmakmok
27-10-2012, 02:29 AM
That was my first experience being in the sect43 area and it was just amazing! A memorable night.

.Sean.
27-10-2012, 03:13 AM
The stand was literally shaking.

Tricla
27-10-2012, 06:25 AM
'Allee allee allee oh, Allee allee allee oh, Hibernian FC, From the capital' :wink:

Does anyone have a link to that YouTube vid of the foreign fans singing that song?

DarrenSQH
27-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Brilliant atmosphere. I got my dad and his mate to stand beside section 43. They loved it.

Allee Allee Allee Oh!
Allee Allee Allee Oh!
Hibernian FC!
From The Capital

Hermit Crab
27-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Atmosphere was good last, too cold though.Young lads walking out the stand at the end with broken seats? What was that all about? Seemed a bit daft.

Chuck Rhoades
27-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Atmosphere was good last, too cold though.Young lads walking out the stand at the end with broken seats? What was that all about? Seemed a bit daft.

That's ridiculous, as it's Hibs who will have to fork out the bill for it.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2012, 09:03 AM
That's ridiculous, as it's Hibs who will have to fork out the bill for it.

Yeah I know, I said that when they got back on the bus.

Ultrabee1-0
27-10-2012, 09:48 AM
It was when sparky took the penalty they where on there seats and they jumped when he scored and no word of a lie 3 of them fell right through the seats absolute belters!, so yeah its a shame we broke them but the boys ment no harm!

UltrasHibernian
27-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Does anyone have a link to that YouTube vid of the foreign fans singing that song?

Quite a few teams sing it on the continent, but quickest i can think of is wien:

about 6mins in i'm sure won't play for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c78OpncpCU

Not as good as this though, the hibees way:wink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDd8darv1o

frazeHFC
27-10-2012, 01:00 PM
The stand was literally shaking.

Last night has to be one of the best games i have been too. The 4-0 speaks for itself but the atmosphere was outstanding! What made it better is that with a huge crammed in section where Sect43 was positioned, and the general noise from our support, the 'Well fans seemed stunned at how loud we were!

frazeHFC
27-10-2012, 01:01 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDd8darv1o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDd8darv1o)

Amazing! :thumbsup: :hibees :pfgwa :flag:

Craig_in_Prague
27-10-2012, 01:09 PM

cheers for posting that. Fantastic!
Much appreciated by those of us abroad.

GGTTH07
27-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Brilliant. I was the guy was stood on the chair beside drummerboy ( bounceross) all game. Tonight was fantastic. Arrogant, loud and boisterous, everything a Hibs support should be.

Started a few chants well done sir.

Skanko79
27-10-2012, 02:26 PM
sounded barry oan the fabrizio lads. well played.

Apocalypso
27-10-2012, 02:49 PM
That allez allez oh song is catchy as **** likes. Great night. :flag:

iwasthere1972
27-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Quite a few teams sing it on the continent, but quickest i can think of is wien:

Johnny Vegas. :greengrin

Carheenlea
27-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Atmosphere was as good as I can remember for an away game for some time. Not much of a singer or dancer myself, but enjoyed being amongst our travelling support last night. So much better than witnessing internal rows and arguments in the support during the more desperate away days of recent seasons.

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 03:22 PM
It was also rocking in the top tier last season at Fenlons first game (the halftime abandonment). Yesterday we were in the lower tier and it was a lot more muted. We were looking up jealously at all the mayhem:greengrin

Note to self-top tier at Motherwell next time.

LancashireHibby
27-10-2012, 03:42 PM
It was also rocking in the top tier last season at Fenlons first game (the halftime abandonment). Yesterday we were in the lower tier and it was a lot more muted. We were looking up jealously at all the mayhem:greengrin

Note to self-top tier at Motherwell next time.
We initially went to the lower tier but moved upstairs as soon as we heard the first 'Hail hail' half an hour before kick off.

The Voice Of Reason
27-10-2012, 05:37 PM
The atmosphere last night was amazing - the top tier was the place to be ! :thumbsup:

Not watched the game on TV yet, but I hope the songs could be heard loud and clear over the box (can anyone who watched on telly confirm ?)

Couple of cracking renditions of Sunshione On Leith too......:agree::agree::agree:

Hibs Till We Die.

:flag::flag:

GreenCastle
27-10-2012, 06:30 PM
So Section 43 is moving to behind the goals in the Famous Five :greengrin

Seriously good effort all who were there last night - sounded very loud and clear on the TV :top marks

Nameless
28-10-2012, 07:14 AM
That was my first match in nearly 2 years, and I had a feeling it was going to be special. Friday night football works as long as the teams are within a 40 mile radius, so hopfully we will get a few more.

Why did the 12 year old get huckled?

hibbybrian
28-10-2012, 08:14 AM
cheers for posting that. Fantastic!
Much appreciated by those of us abroad.

Indeed :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 08:15 AM
That was my first match in nearly 2 years, and I had a feeling it was going to be special. Friday night football works as long as the teams are within a 40 mile radius, so hopfully we will get a few more.

Why did the 12 year old get huckled?

He was 17, the youngest in our group. Done absolutely nothinf. He was released after the match and got home safely.

The_Sauz
28-10-2012, 08:46 AM
The guys from S43 should get a Megaphone to lead the crowd :greengrin £20 from Amazon:agree:

hfc rd
28-10-2012, 09:23 AM
The guys from S43 should get a Megaphone to lead the crowd :greengrin £20 from Amazon:agree:

They are absolutely brilliant when you hear them on the Bundesliga.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 09:40 AM
So Section 43 is moving to behind the goals in the Famous Five :greengrin

Seriously good effort all who were there last night - sounded very loud and clear on the TV :top marks

Every time we have these threads about how great the atmosphere was, and how well the crowd had been, its been at a ground where we have all been congregated behind the goal.

Anyone see a pattern emerging? :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 10:16 AM

We have one, with the aim of a Capo being introduced to lead the way. Unfortunately Hibs feel it's to big a risk in the event of an emergency. I tried to reassure them a responsible adult would be using it and it would be turned off if an emergency was to unfold. Not luck though...

marinello59
28-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Every time we have these threads about how great the atmosphere was, and how well the crowd had been, its been at a ground where we have all been congregated behind the goal.

Anyone see a pattern emerging? :wink:

The only common denominator when it comes to a decent atmosphere is that the team have given us something to shout about, even if we haven't recrded a win. Where the Section 43 guys congregate is immaterial. I am sure they would be the first to agree that whilst they do a great job of getting things going the biggest single factor is what's happening on the pitch.

Sect43
28-10-2012, 10:25 AM
The only common denominator when it comes to a decent atmosphere is that the team have given us something to shout about, even if we haven't recrded a win. Where the Section 43 guys congregate is immaterial. I am sure they would be the first to agree that whilst they do a great job of getting things going the biggest single factor is what's happening on the pitch.

Spot on.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 10:54 AM

I think section 43 have done a great job no matter how we have played, win lose or draw. I still say whenever a thread appears congratulating them on how well they and the Hibs support have done, its because we have all been congregated behind one goal.

And again i firmly believe should they move to the bottom tier of the FF, it would take off like a house on fire.

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I think section 43 have done a great job no matter how we have played, win lose or draw. I still say whenever a thread appears congratulating them on how well they and the Hibs support have done, its because we have all been congregated behind one goal.

And again i firmly believe should they move to the bottom tier of the FF, it would take off like a house on fire.

If the 15-20 of us move there how would it work?

It would need to be well organised and publicised by the club. We would require the majority of the FF lower and pack the section out with ST holders. We would also have to try and ask the regular singers in the East Stand relocate along with anyone else who wishes to participate.

The FF lower is quite full on match days now, due to the free kids ST offer this season. The East has always been where the atmosphere has generated from for several years now. There are hundreds that sing every match day. Moving the small group of us over would only create a divide IMO.

Unless this is done properly, with the clubs support, it will never work. We cannot ask current FF lower ST holders to relocate if they do no wish for the group to sit there (remember, it is a family stand). The club has also made it clear to us that they will NEVER ask a ST holder to move out of their seat, hence why in the last two seasons all sections of the ground remained open despite a lot of them only holding less than a hundred supporters.

Until such a time where we obtain the clubs backing, support and assistance to deliver this it will never happen.

SMAXXA
28-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Any good vids from Friday?

marinello59
28-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I think section 43 have done a great job no matter how we have played, win lose or draw. I still say whenever a thread appears congratulating them on how well they and the Hibs support have done, its because we have all been congregated behind one goal.And again i firmly believe should they move to the bottom tier of the FF, it would take off like a house on fire.

Not always true. The 'Hibs are on fire' match at Pittodrie was one of the few highlights of what was a pretty turgid season. Brilliant atmosphere. And that was in one of the worst Away sections in the entire SPL.

marinello59
28-10-2012, 11:28 AM

It would need to be well organised and publicised by the club. We would require the majority of the FF lower and pack the section out with ST holders. We would also have to try and ask the regular singers in the East Stand relocate along with anyone else who wishes to participate.

The FF lower is quite full on match days now, due to the free kids ST offer this season. The East has always been where the atmosphere has generated from for several years now. There are hundreds that sing every match day. Moving the small group of us over would only create a divide IMO.

Unless this is done properly, with the clubs support, it will never work. We cannot ask current FF lower ST holders to relocate if they do no wish for the group to sit there (remember, it is a family stand). The club has also made it clear to us that they will NEVER ask a ST holder to move out of their seat, hence why in the last two seasons all sections of the ground remained open despite a lot of them only holding less than a hundred supporters.

Until such a time where we obtain the clubs backing, support and assistance to deliver this it will never happen.

Do you get the feeling it's something that the Section43 regulars would see as a desirable or are most content in the East , which as you say, has in recent years been the natural home of our more vocal supporters?

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 11:38 AM

I agree.

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Do you get the feeling it's something that the Section43 regulars would see as a desirable or are most content in the East , which as you say, has in recent years been the natural home of our more vocal supporters?

We are probably divided in opinion to be honest. A lot enjoy being close to the away support, but my own personal challenge to this point is that we are only really near the away support when we play Hearts and Celtic. On top of that, we should be focusing on ourselves and not bothering about the opposing supporters.

Some of us are worried about the divide it would cause and would prefer it was done properly and on mass rather than a couple of dozen jumping ship.

The FF has far more potential for displays, which we have proved we can pull off; I feel we all agree on this point.

One stand out positive for me is that it is cheaper to sit in the FF than the East and I feel a lot would perhaps opt for the FF if they were guaranteed a good match day experience, atmosphere wise, based on reduced cost.

I am sure we will discuss it in depth towards the end of the season; however it really is a non-starter when the middle section of the FF lower is 80% full.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Not always true. The 'Hibs are on fire' match at Pittodrie was one of the few highlights of what was a pretty turgid season. Brilliant atmosphere. And that was in one of the worst Away sections in the entire SPL.

Any more? :wink: Dunfermline away countless times, Tynecastle, Ayr United more recently, Motherwell Friday and the game before and the game that was postponed. Couple that with watching the dunbar end bouncing when the larger clubs come to Easter road.

I dont think moving to the FF will happen, and understand why it probably wont, i'd like it to though, i think it would take off very quickly.

UltrasHibernian
28-10-2012, 11:46 AM
My dream is a packed section in the ff, but your talking 300 seats average in each block in the upper and 400+ in the lower, numbers which if we ever have I would be astonished. It won't happen maybe in 10 years or so who knows.

As said there is 15 or so of us committed to the group and we will always keep it going, we are growing the group with like minded / folk who are into the 'scene' (ultras) if we had a section of 300 going full out 90mins win loose draw easter road would be electric most weeks imo.

It's a case of growing our group gradually with the correct mindset and the bigger we get the more chance there is of moving anywhere. Moving say 30 odd regulars of group away jaunts ect isn't going to help improve the overall atmosphere.

JIm
28-10-2012, 11:46 AM
We are probably divided in opinion to be honest. A lot enjoy being close to the away support, but my own personal challenge to this point is that we are only really near the away support when we play Hearts and Celtic. On top of that, we should be focusing on ourselves and not bothering about the opposing supporters.

Some of us are worried about the divide it would cause and would prefer it was done properly and on mass rather than a couple of dozen jumping ship.

The FF has far more potential for displays, which we have proved we can pull off; I feel we all agree on this point.

One stand out positive for me is that it is cheaper to sit in the FF than the East and I feel a lot would perhaps opt for the FF if they were guaranteed a good match day experience, atmosphere wise, based on reduced cost.

I am sure we will discuss it in depth towards the end of the season; however it really is a non-starter when the middle section of the FF lower is 80% full.

Perhaps if the club were to identify this area for a safe standing trial would encourage good numbers?

Whats the chances at this stage of safe standing being trialled do you know??

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Perhaps if the club were to identify this area for a safe standing trial would encourage good numbers?

Safe standing was discussed at our last meeting and based on cost; it's a non-starter at the moment. They aren't against the idea of it, but the cost per seat isn't affordable at the moment.

A company did pilot safe standing to members of the board and Hibs raised several issues against the design itself.

Safe standing costs double than a normal seat, due it having to have a fold back seat as well as railings.

It is a long-term project that they are open to. It was also pointed it that it would have to be in the FF lower due to the angle of the East Stand.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 11:53 AM

I heard on the radio only this week, Aston Villa and another club who's name escapes me, have applied for this recently? Who they have applied to, i dont know but there is a move towards this i feel.

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Any more? :wink: Dunfermline away countless times, Tynecastle, Ayr United more recently, Motherwell Friday and the game before and the game that was postponed. Couple that with watching the dunbar end bouncing when the larger clubs come to Easter road.

I dont think moving to the FF will happen, and understand why it probably wont, i'd like it to though, i think it would take off very quickly.

What you are pointing out is that fact the away support are put behind the goals at most grounds. However, I do not believe this is the reason why the atmosphere is better. I believe the reason is the fact our away support have always been more noisy/tougher/ in your face than our home support for years. You could our away support anywhere in a football stadium and we would still generate a decent level of noise.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2012, 12:02 PM
What you are pointing out is that fact the away support are put behind the goals at most grounds. However, I do not believe this is the reason why the atmosphere is better. I believe the reason is the fact our away support have always been more noisy/tougher/ in your face than our home support for years. You could our away support anywhere in a football stadium and we would still generate a decent level of noise.

Its a good point, why dont the away support we have all move to the east? The answer is because we dont have a great away support normally. Say we have 800 to a thousand, stick them in the east and we get what we have now.

Stick them in the bottom tier of the FF and they'd sound and look good. I'm pretty sure if that happened, more would join in the next week and the week after. Its much easier to fill the bottom tier of the FF with like minded fans :wink: than the east.

As you say though, there would need to be desire to move by the club and the support for this to happen.

hail1875hail
28-10-2012, 03:27 PM

thats actually minted should aim to get Easter road bouncing like that!

RIP
29-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Friday proved how great the atmosphere can be if Sect43 are in the middle of the crowd. I think they need to work with Hibs management and the away clubs to organise that at every away game, including the Derby. When you light a fire it spreads out from the centre - and Sect43 are the catalyst to inspire fellow Hibbies to sing along

It's a complete red herring though where they are located. At Ibrox our away support is usually stuck in the corner but we can still be loud as anything. The ambition should always be to get every Hibby cheering on the team, so having a 'choir of radges' in the centre of the support is key to that.

Anyone else noticed how at Easter Road the singing is starting to spread across the stand? Since the old East was built in the eighties, our 'choir' has always been between the half way line and the away support. That provides for a more intense rivalrly as proven when it's a big game and sections 42 to 45 are packed. So unless Hibs management relocate the away support I can't envisage demand by any East Standers stood in those areas to relocate to the FF