PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Gotta get this boy signed up for a year or two. I honestly didnt think he would have enough quality to go far in the game but I'm happy to admit my thoughts were well wrong. Think he is a class act and potential superstar. (how damn good are his pens too!)

Please sign up longer wee man!

fordie2
26-10-2012, 09:01 PM
We need to pull out all the stops to get him signed up on a decent contract

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Letting him go isn't an option.

He's the thorn in the team.

Piqué
26-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Take a hit Rod and pay a fee for the boy. We get a top player for a couple of years and his sell-on value will increase so we can make a tidy profit on him when the time is right.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Basically, he's everything you want in a Hibs player.

Pace, skill, trickery, cool head in front of goal, scores loads, brings others into play, loves the club and hates THEM.

I'm sure he'll have caught the eye of better teams, but we need to try our best to keep hold of him.

SneakersO'Toole
26-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I already know what my question will be at the upcoming AGM - why hasn't this lad been signed up yet?

We have a genuine chance to finish 2nd/3rd this season with some luck. Take Griffiths out of the team and that chance diminishes greatly.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2012, 09:15 PM
9 goals in 10 games. I think we may struggle big time to keep him. I just hope we had an agreement in place before had

stoneyburn hibs
26-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I said when he re-signed that he was as good a signing as Sir James , i was wrong . Leigh is a better signing and i am very confident that he will be at ER longer than his loan term.

LancashireHibby
26-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Like how he has retained the aggressive nature of his play sometimes but has really cut out the petulance that let him down sometimes in the past. Fenlon sign him up!

cam75
26-10-2012, 09:30 PM
The 2nd pen showed his class no celebration-not a pen and he knew that!

essexhibee
26-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Ten year contract please k thanks. :aok:

Fantastic talent.

Jim44
26-10-2012, 09:40 PM

Fair point, but in football a lot of bad decisions go against you and, rightly so, you can feel hard done by. When decisions, dodgy or not, go in your favour I don't think there's a need to feel lucky. Take the money and run is my motto.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2012, 09:50 PM

Lol, watch again. He walks away calmly, and my dad said to me "why's he not celebrating?" Then we both laughed as he bounced up and down in front of the fans then pointed to the name on his back

hfc rd
26-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I sincerely hope he is signed up pronto.

.Sean.
27-10-2012, 12:29 AM
It's fairly common knowledge he's desperate to stay isn't it?

Aldo
27-10-2012, 01:05 AM
We should also be looking at getting Doyle signed up as well. Very good foil for LG.

Mon Rodders

O and add Claros to that as well please

The_Horde
27-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Lol, watch again. He walks away calmly, and my dad said to me "why's he not celebrating?" Then we both laughed as he bounced up and down in front of the fans then pointed to the name on his back

He kinda done a balotelli because randolph was trying to psyche him out i think

Cameron1875
27-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Is it wrong to say i love him :flag: He is just a fan living the dream, hates the hearts and plays the hibs way. Must keep Rodney:cb

BroxburnHibee
27-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Even though there's been a few penalties - 9 goals in 10 games would have any other non hibs Scottish player in the next squad

hibbybob
27-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Anybody know when his contract with Wolves expires? That could influence the size of any fee!

London Hibs FC
27-10-2012, 03:08 PM
;3390933']He kinda done a balotelli because randolph was trying to psyche him out i think

He gave Randolph a heads up by telling him in exactly which corner he was going to put his second :not worth

Dirkster23
27-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Anybody know when his contract with Wolves expires? That could influence the size of any fee!

I think it's the end of this season, so hopefully Wolves wouldn't be looking for too much of a fee in January.

Onceinawhile
27-10-2012, 03:17 PM

End of the season I think.

hibbybob
27-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I think it's the end of this season, so hopefully Wolves wouldn't be looking for too much of a fee in January.

That's encouraging as it means that LG will have more of a say!

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 03:56 PM
This is the week Rod should do the business. The way the team are playing, gates are sure to be up this year and the longer we leave it, Leigh will only become more expensive as he keeps scoring.

Invest and let's live the Champions league challenge. The stadium is in place and the team is showing embryonic signs of doing it justice.

With Celtic losing to Killie....Hibs top by Christmas.

:flag:

SteveHFC
27-10-2012, 03:58 PM
This is the week Rod should do the business. The way the team are playing, gates are sure to be up this year and the longer we leave it, Leigh will only become more expensive as he keeps scoring.

Invest and let's live the Champions league challenge. The stadium is in place and the team is showing embryonic signs of doing it justice.

With Celtic losing to Killie....Hibs top by Christmas.

:flag:

The Celtic game at ER in December will be our biggest game of the season!

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, back to the seventies.......then, if they are still around, bring on the 3rd of Jan...cannae wait.

:flag::flag:

Franck Stanton
27-10-2012, 04:11 PM
May well be a silly question, and if it is I apologise in advance BUT, as things stand, we have Claros, McGivern and Griffiths on loan until January, 2013. Does that mean 1st Jan or end of Jan ? IF it is the 1st, we could be in a very sticky situation for not only the 3rd but for rest of season as all three are BIG players for us.

RyeSloan
27-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Sure we didn't sign him in the close season cause we couldn't afford him. Not sure that will have changed but none the less we can but hope as the boy is a cut above :agree:

500miles
27-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Great player. The very best forward to kick a ball for Hibs in my lifetime. That combination of skill, speed and endeavour is a very, very rare thing indeed, and he will grow into an even better player. If we get another full season out of him, we'll be lucky, because his form here will have him on the radar of a couple of teams who can pay 3 or 4 times what we can.

Hibeesforever
27-10-2012, 04:57 PM
May well be a silly question, and if it is I apologise in advance BUT, as things stand, we have Claros, McGivern and Griffiths on loan until January, 2013. Does that mean 1st Jan or end of Jan ? IF it is the 1st, we could be in a very sticky situation for not only the 3rd but for rest of season as all three are BIG players for us.

That is why, deals need to be done pronto. Leave it until the last minute and it just unsettles the dressingroom and we risk losing continuity.
I think we have to accept that McGivern could be off at anytime. He is a class act, we should enjoy turning up to watch him while he is here. It would be nice but a permanent move from Man City to Hibs may not be achievable. Though, we should definitely make sure that Claros and Griffiths are on contracts. From recent performances, there is no risk that their values are going down. Win win, successful team and then sell on for profit when they are even more established. Who knows, Sparky could end up with a testimonial!

Green Man
27-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Griffiths said last night he's here to the 19th.

kentao
27-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Hopefully the money from the half season tickets go along way to securing Sparky's services for awhile longer. The guy is immense.

GGTTH

500miles
27-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Griffiths would be the most difficult to replace. Of course, Caldwell and Handling are waiting for thier chance, but there's no denying Leigh's goals this season.

Claros has some good qualities, but he's not irreplaceable from what I've seen. Last night was the first game I've seen in a while, but he's not the dominant, ball winning holding midfielder that is so crucial in the SPL in my eyes.

McGivern looks a real solid fullback, and knows how to get forward. He's no got much chance of a breakthrough at Man City, and he's just starting to get a run at Hibs. I wouldn't be suprised if Man City would prefer to extend his loan period, now that he's playing, anyway.

LioNeilMessi
27-10-2012, 05:28 PM
A few contracts to sort out by the sounds of it. I also hear Spoony's contract is up in the summer? If so, hopefully an extension is in the works.

The Voice Of Reason
27-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Griffiths was fantastic again last night, a real handful for the Motherwell defenders. MOTM by a mile :agree:

LeighLoyal
27-10-2012, 05:49 PM
The Spoon contract should have been sorted in the Summer. Don't know what Petrie is up to.

Holmesdale Hibs
27-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Hopefully the money from the half season tickets go along way to securing Sparky's services for awhile longer. The guy is immense.

GGTTH

Hope so. We should do everything we can to keep him. It's as important as keeping McPake was in the summer. I'd like to see him at ER for many years but I think the reality would be we would sign him then get a decent transfer fee in a couple of years.

Jack Hackett
27-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Everything that's been said :agree:

The boys becoming iconic for us, including the :giruy:

You can see in his celebrations how much it means to him. He'll be free to sign a pre in January, and a 3 yr contract with the promise of a healthy cut of any transfer fee would help soften the blow of any drop in wages.

You know it makes sense Leigh :aok:

Elephant Stone
27-10-2012, 07:35 PM
It will be gutting to lose him. Signing him permanently should be top of the 'to do' list. Reckon good things lie ahead for both parties if we can.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Celtic are sniffing around apparantly and had folk watching him on friday

Pretty Boy
27-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Class act.

Reminds me a lot of Deek. Get him signed.

Broken Gnome
27-10-2012, 09:05 PM
To those worrying about January loans, be a bit negligent of our manager and board if they scheduled these deals to finish in the first minute of a new year, only to realise that the fixture list had us at Tynecastle a few hours later. They'll still be here, don't fret.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Hibs need to get Griffiths tide down to a contract ASAP. If Celtc make an offer he's away.

SMAXXA
27-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Gotta get this boy signed up for a year or two. I honestly didnt think he would have enough quality to go far in the game but I'm happy to admit my thoughts were well wrong. Think he is a class act and potential superstar. (how damn good are his pens too!)

Please sign up longer wee man!

One of the most stupid posts ive seen for ages.................a year or 2 wft :greengrin a 4-5 year contract more like, get back to the real deals when a gem was set up on a contract to warrent a good fee yet show how much faith we have in him not just as fans but as a club.

Its great to be a hibby again :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2012, 09:20 PM
The Spoon contract should have been sorted in the Summer. Don't know what Petrie is up to.
I'm a fan of Spoony but I don't recall a clamour that would have warranted sorting out Spoony ASAP tail end of the season?

Eyrie
27-10-2012, 09:58 PM
If he'd played this year like he did last then a new contract wouldn't be a consideration and we'd be looking for his replacement. It's only because he is showing consistently good form this season that a new deal has become appropriate.

big-mo
27-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Wolves don't want him back, the main problem would be his wages, currently on £10k per week, £2k paid by us and the rest by Wolves. He may take a pay cut to stay with us, but not that much.

Hibbyradge
27-10-2012, 10:30 PM

:hilarious

No-one was in the least bit interested in Wotherspoon's contract renewal until recently.

In fact, Fenlon seems to have made him lose a load of bulk and it's paying off.

Good use of the opportunity to critisise Petrie though. :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Griffiths, claros and Mcgivern in Jan, Spoony and Deegan in the summer. New contracts ASAP please.

monktonharp
28-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Griffiths would be the most difficult to replace. Of course, Caldwell and Handling are waiting for thier chance, but there's no denying Leigh's goals this season.

Claros has some good qualities, but he's not irreplaceable from what I've seen. Last night was the first game I've seen in a while, but he's not the dominant, ball winning holding midfielder that is so crucial in the SPL in my eyes.

McGivern looks a real solid fullback, and knows how to get forward. He's no got much chance of a breakthrough at Man City, and he's just starting to get a run at Hibs. I wouldn't be suprised if Man City would prefer to extend his loan period, now that he's playing, anyway. Claros was immense at M'well. imho

Gordon Quinn
28-10-2012, 07:45 AM
I was chatting with Rod during his walk about behind the goals before the Dundee match. I was saying we need to sign Griffiths. Rod said Wolves wanted £250K in the summer. I had £25 lying on the table in front of me and Rod said 'get an extra £25 off every Hibs fan in the stadium today and we'll buy him'. Interesting concept!!
I then went on to say Hibs should buy him as he will not be worth less than that again.

There are loads of clubs out there that could easily afford that and offer him 2 or 3 times the wages we would give him. Hibs are playing a risky game here and need to get him signed before Jan or a Championship side will sign him. Wolves won't want him signing a pre contract and leaving in the summer for nowt. Hibs should be offering 200k now if he is willing to accept a wage within our structure.

RoYO!
28-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I was chatting with Rod during his walk about behind the goals before the Dundee match. I was saying we need to sign Griffiths. Rod said Wolves wanted £250K in the summer. I had £25 lying on the table in front of me and Rod said 'get an extra £25 off every Hibs fan in the stadium today and we'll buy him'. Interesting concept!!
I then went on to say Hibs should buy him as he will not be worth less than that again.

There are loads of clubs out there that could easily afford that and offer him 2 or 3 times the wages we would give him. Hibs are playing a risky game here and need to get him signed before Jan or a Championship side will sign him. Wolves won't want him signing a pre contract and leaving in the summer for nowt. Hibs should be offering 200k now if he is willing to accept a wage within our structure.

Could really push the half seasons on this sort of basis. As we all know if we are to strengthen then we need the numbers back every week.

Borderhibbie76
28-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Doyle is another must for a new contract been every bit as influential as others mentioned

eastmainsmsh
28-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Sparkys the real deal :aok:.Imo if Fenlon and the team can maintain the current form till after xmas then Petrie might see sense and back the team with keeping Leigh and other loan players . I reckon we can finish second if Petrie does so :flag:

Would Lee go to Celtic or other clubs to sit on the bench ? dont think so as he has too much abillity to go to waste . keep scoring Sparky :pfgwa

Heisenberg
28-10-2012, 12:26 PM
In the paper today that Fenlons already started working on getting Claros, McGivern and Sparky staying longer than January. If we were able to keep all three till at least the end of the season we'd be in a brilliant position to challenge for a European spot and most definitely staying in the top six. Get it sorted Petrie :deal:

East Coast Hibe
28-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Wolves don't want him back, the main problem would be his wages, currently on £10k per week, £2k paid by us and the rest by Wolves. He may take a pay cut to stay with us, but not that much.

mmm where did you get those figures mate ?

silverhibee
28-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Sorry Mo but he is not on that per week. :aok:

leither17
28-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Sorry Mo but he is not on that per week. :aok:

Is it closer to what we can pay?

East Coast Hibe
28-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Is it closer to what we can pay?
I heard it was around £6K per week, and Hibs don't pay very much towards that either.

big-mo
28-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I heard it was around £6K per week, and Hibs don't pay very much towards that either.

£10k or £6k, either way, both well out of our league as far as current pay goes.

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Lets get griffiths signed up pronto, a snip at 250K, I imagne his value is actually now more than that.If we can keep up the way we are playing and the fans start to turn up(as theres no reason now not to) the cash must be made available.