PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Maribor v Spurs, and Liverpool v Anzhi Makhachkala

ronaldo7
25-10-2012, 04:26 PM
On ITV4 starting at 5.30

Enjoy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I thought Anzhi were a good price on Betfair @ 100/30, they are nearly 4s now!

Diclonius
25-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Hope Liverpool batter them. Anzhi represent everything that is wrong with football.

Hibercelona
25-10-2012, 05:25 PM
These commentators are pissing me off already.

Making Maribor players out to be divers and thugs.

Aye, because Spurs wouldn't have a rat faced cheating thug in their team if it wasn't for personal circumstances.

They have another thug in Defoe though and I hope Maribor do them.

Greendub
25-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Horrendous own goal from panathinaikos

Defender passed it back into the goal lol

Hibercelona
25-10-2012, 05:41 PM
1-0 Maribor :cb

Dinkydoo
25-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Commentary being disrespectful towards English opposition as per usual :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
25-10-2012, 05:44 PM
1-0 Maribor :cb
:thumbsup:

I remember when they knocked Rangers out before the game i was warning my Hun mates how good they were against us and no one believed me :agree:

sbell1875
25-10-2012, 05:45 PM
These commentators are pissing me off already.

Making Maribor players out to be divers and thugs.

Aye, because Spurs wouldn't have a rat faced cheating thug in their team if it wasn't for personal circumstances.

They have another thug in Defoe though and I hope Maribor do them.

I have to agree. After the Maribor goal they were practically stunned Spurs were behind. This kind of 'invincibility' attitude has been reflected in the English media for years though.

To be honest though, it's typical of ITV's football coverage. They really need to shake up their commentators and pundits as its been the same for about 10 years.

Hibercelona
25-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I have to agree. After the Maribor goal they were practically stunned Spurs were behind. This kind of 'invincibility' attitude has been reflected in the English media for years though.

To be honest though, it's typical of ITV's football coverage. They really need to shake up their commentators and pundits as its been the same for about 10 years.

They keep blabbing on about the spurs "dominance". :blah:

They haven't had one clear cut chance.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Every EPL team to play in Europe this week so far has managed to concede the first goal, that must be a tad unusual!

HH81
25-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I could do with spurs scoring to keep my both teams to score bet going.

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 06:15 PM
1-1

HH81
25-10-2012, 06:17 PM
1-1

Good stuff ..

wearethehibs
25-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Are these commentators scared to say anything bad about an English team? That was a clear dive, yet the guy said, the player was a bit unlucky to be booked for it.

Captain Trips
25-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I thought Anzhi were a good price on Betfair @ 100/30, they are nearly 4s now!

Indeed check out their current form and factor in Eto'o it is good price.

http://www.futbol24.com/national/Russia/Premier-Liga/2012-2013/

iwasthere1972
25-10-2012, 06:46 PM
:thumbsup:

I remember when they knocked Rangers out before the game i was warning my Hun mates how good they were against us and no one believed me :agree:

Same night the Yams got stuffed by Spurs at Tynie IIRC.

ronaldo7
25-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Finished Maribor 1 Spurs 1.

Come on the Anzhi.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Same night the Yams got stuffed by Spurs at Tynie IIRC.

It wasn't. I had a score on Maribor at 8s @ Ibrox, then backed the huns to score next @ EVS when Maribor took the lead. 1 1 was a bit annoying! After being over there for the first leg against us backed Maribor to win @ ER and Tavares ew to score first, so, it wasn't all bad!

iwasthere1972
25-10-2012, 07:15 PM
It wasn't. I had a score on Maribor at 8s @ Ibrox, then backed the huns to score next @ EVS when Maribor took the lead. 1 1 was a bit annoying! After being over there for the first leg against us backed Maribor to win @ ER and Tavares ew to score first, so, it wasn't all bad!

Of course. They would have been first leg matches. Yams and Huns.

ronaldo7
25-10-2012, 07:57 PM
0-0 HT and Jonjo Shelvey confirms he's never a football player:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Liverpool game must be one of the worst I've seen in a long time, absolute pash, EPL? aye right :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Liverpool game must be one of the worst I've seen in a long time, absolute pash, EPL? aye right :rolleyes:

Not like you to slag a Liverpool game eh! :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Goal! About time from Downing.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2012, 08:15 PM
1-0 Scousers, Downing. :boo hoo:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Skrtel does the same player again :greengrin

Dinkydoo
25-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Suarez "I didn't dive..."

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/e4eve5u2.jpg

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Suarez "I didn't dive..."

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/e4eve5u2.jpg

Quite right he didn't!

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Agger...............seen them given!

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2012, 08:42 PM
anything wrong with Aggers goal ?

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Apparently so, disallowed AND booked for his efforts!

bingo70
25-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Think the rules state that if the keepers in control of the ball you can't do that, doesn't matter if it's one hand or two he's got on it, the fact he had control of the ball means Agger wasn't allowed to touch it.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Think the rules state that if the keepers in control of the ball you can't do that, doesn't matter if it's one hand or two he's got on it, the fact he had control of the ball means Agger wasn't allowed to touch it.

I see.. always keep my eye on goalies to try and do exactly what Agger done when i am playing... had no idea its not allowed anymore.

Wotherspiniesta
25-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Like that time that Makalambay had complete control of the ball and Lee Miller stole it from him :agree:

Dinkydoo
25-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Quite right he didn't!

and he wasn't pretending to be hurt there either for another free kick :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Job done :aok:

StevesFamau5
25-10-2012, 08:57 PM
eto'o..... 5 grand an hour. 50 grand a day. 350 grand a week.... PISH! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 08:58 PM
and he wasn't pretending to be hurt there either for another free kick :rolleyes:

Your right again, he wasn't pretending to be hurt just trying to show he had been impeded, you should try watching some football, it's what players do when they feel they have been fouled! Strangely enough Hibs players do it too.

Dinkydoo
25-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Your right again, he wasn't pretending to be hurt just trying to show he had been impeded, you should try watching some football, it's what players do when they feel they have been fouled!

Holding his leg and rolling about after a mere 'tap' from the opposition? Not for me, thanks.

I wasn't impressed when McPake did something similar earlier this season and I disliked what Suarez did towards the end of the game just there. If you roll about clutching your leg whilst having barely been touched by the opposition, and are up immediately after not being awarded the free kick then that is simulation, and dirty tactic - something Suarez is known for.

bingo70
25-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Like that time that Makalambay had complete control of the ball and Lee Miller stole it from him :agree:

Did Makalambay not just skelp it off Miller and it rebounded in? If Miller moved at last minute to get in his road then it should have been a free kick but if Miller was just going back away from his goal (and that was my memory of it) then the goal was quite rightly given.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Holding his leg and rolling about after a mere 'tap' from the opposition? Not for me, thanks.

I wasn't impressed when McPake did something similar earlier this season and I disliked what Suarez did towards the end of the game just there. If you roll about clutching your leg whilst having barely been touched by the opposition, and are up immediately after not being awarded the free kick then that is simulation, and dirty tactic - something Suarez is known for.

Away and stop slavering pish, I get the fact that you don't like Suarez for his recent antics which is fair enough but don't try and tell me he done anything tonight that isn't done by hundreds of players every week in every game when they feel they have been fouled or impeded and try to emphasise the fact to the ref.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Did Makalambay not just skelp it off Miller and it rebounded in? If Miller moved at last minute to get in his road then it should have been a free kick but if Miller was just going back away from his goal (and that was my memory of it) then the goal was quite rightly given.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8tAcWp64g

Wotherspiniesta
25-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Like I said, it was basically nicked from him :greengrin

I'd have big Yves back. Currently without a club.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Jeez.

Just seeing Makalambay in a Hibs shirt brings back the nightmares.

He was supposed to be with a top 6 EPL team by now was he not?

Sir David Gray
25-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Agger...............seen them given!

When? :dunno:

If a referee gave a goal under those circumstances, they would almost certainly be demoted.

I'm not sure if it's always been a rule but it's certainly a rule that's been in place for a number of years.

Personally, I would allow goals to stand under those circumstances but it's definitely not allowed under the current laws of the game.

Yep, you're not allowed to take the ball from a goalkeeper when they are holding it in their hands. In fact, even when they have released the ball just before kicking it, a player isn't allowed to take the ball from them as it's still deemed to be in their possession until after it's been kicked.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 09:39 PM

If a referee gave a goal under those circumstances, they would almost certainly be demoted.

I'm not sure if it's always been a rule but it's certainly a rule that's been in place for a number of years.

Personally, I would allow goals to stand under those circumstances but it's definitely not allowed under the current laws of the game.

Yep, you're not allowed to take the ball from a goalkeeper when they are holding it in their hands. In fact, even when they have released the ball just before kicking it, a player isn't allowed to take the ball from them as it's still deemed to be in their possession until after it's been kicked.

spot on.

Derek Riordan 'scored' a similar goal against Hearts when he nicked the ball from Craig Gordon in the 2-1 Dean Shiels game.

Dinkydoo
25-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Away and stop slavering pish, I get the fact that you don't like Suarez for his recent antics which is fair enough but don't try and tell me he done anything tonight that isn't done by hundreds of players every week in every game when they feel they have been fouled or impeded and try to emphasise the fact to the ref.

Slavering pish when an England/Liverpool game is on, nah, I'll just leave that to you :wink:

Seriously though, I'm not saying that other players don't do it - see criticism of captain fantastic above - but Suarez did go down a little too easily on a couple of occasions again tonight (the one at the end of the game in particular - the other one I mentioned was just for a bit of fun, since he did a wee gesture to the ref afterwards).

wearethehibs
25-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Keepers get far to much protection. Bunch of fairies

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I remember sitting in a bar in Maribor, talking to some Maribor fans. They told me their players were on something like £4k a month. :confused:

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Keepers get far to much protection. Bunch of fairies

Absolute nonsense.

In my time playing in goals I've had a broken nose, 6 broken fingers, a dislocated shoulder, 2 cracked ribs and 3 broken toes and not once have I rolled about on the floor or performed any of the theatrics that the wimps who play outfield have.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Absolute nonsense.

In my time playing in goals I've had a broken nose, 6 broken fingers, a dislocated shoulder, 2 cracked ribs and 3 broken toes and not once have I rolled about on the floor or performed any of the theatrics that the wimps who play outfield have.

I can see now why they call you Pretty Boy :greengrin

fatbloke
25-10-2012, 10:15 PM

Why does nobody call me Pretty Boy?

surreyhibbie
25-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Why does nobody call me Pretty Boy?

Cos the drugs don't work, chas...:wink:

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 11:38 PM
spot on.

Derek Riordan 'scored' a similar goal against Hearts when he nicked the ball from Craig Gordon in the 2-1 Dean Shiels game.

But plukey never had control of the ball when Deek nicked it of him, plukey had thrown it in the air to kick it when Deek stole it of him and put it in the back of the net, the baldy headed ref whose name i can't remember booked him.

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 12:09 AM
But plukey never had control of the ball when Deek nicked it of him, plukey had thrown it in the air to kick it when Deek stole it of him and put it in the back of the net, the baldy headed ref whose name i can't remember booked him.

When a keeper drops the ball to volley it up in the air, a player can't go for the ball until it has left the keepers foot. That's why Riordan was booked.

Onceinawhile
26-10-2012, 06:02 AM

John rowbotham.

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2012, 07:50 AM

In answer to your question "When"? Gary Crosby for Nottingham Forest if my memory serves :greengrin

Speedway
26-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Commentary being disrespectful towards English opposition as per usual :rolleyes:

As opposed to us brating Yogi for getting beat by 'no-hopers' 'FC Haribo'.

How some of those players were ever allowed to wear the green beggard belief. Is that big Stevie 'Goals' Pinau shown at the re-start as well?

In answer to your question "When"? Gary Crosby for Nottingham Forest if my memory serves :greengrin

Ahh Dibblegate. He ended up at the sheep didn't he?

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2012, 08:37 AM

How some of those players were ever allowed to wear the green beggard belief. Is that big Stevie 'Goals' Pinau shown at the re-start as well?

That's it Andy Dibble I couldn't remember who the keeper was, as I said last night "I've seen them given" and I have! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Sure Andy Dibble was at Rangers (they used to be a bit of a big deal) after the sheep as well. During one of Andy Gorams injuries.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Being a biased football fan moaning on a message board is quite different from being part of a commentary team who disrespect pretty much every team that come up against EPL opposition during live televised games.

I was annoyed at the defeat from Maribor (as every Hibs fan was) but it was clear from both ties that they were a cut above above us - and last night when they and Spurs weren't quite at thier best, the game could have went either way.

Hibs team from the away game

01 Stack
02 Hart
04 Hogg
06 Murray
20 Hanlon
08 De Graaf
11 Rankinyellow card
17 McBride (Stokes 68)
24 David Wotherspoon (Danny Galbraith 77)
33 Miller
09 Nish (Riordan 68)
Hibs team from the home game

21 Smith
02 Hart (Danny Galbraith 70)
04 Hogg
06 Murray (David Wotherspoon 70)
26 Bamba
08 De Graaf
17 McBride yellow card
33 Miller
09 Nish
10 Riordan
18 Stokes yellow card
Although this team finished 4th the season before, we were very lucky in that results seemed to be going our way game after game for large parts of that season after being outplayed many times.

Looking at our line up then and our current sqaud now, I honestly don't think we would've have stood a chance last night.

P.S: Playing Nish upfront as the target man, Hart at RB and DeGraff says it all about Hughes, really.

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Both Hugh Dallas and Pierre Luigi Colina confirmed to me personally this morning they wouldn't have allowed the goal, so that's good enough for me! :greengrin Couldn't resist asking them both this morning when I happend to see them, they both confirmed they had watched the game too.

Squealing pig
26-10-2012, 03:28 PM

6 broken fingers on same hand. Must be a Jambo.