PDA

View Full Version : Game at fir park

GGTTH07
25-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Will not be happy if they shove us up to the top tier. Doesn't look like any of us are three on the tele which will create an even worse image of Scottish football.

Hibercelona
25-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Who cares.

Why would they spend more money opening up a part of the stand that they don't need to? :confused:

woodythehibee
25-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Who cares.

Why would they spend more money opening up a part of the stand that they don't need to? :confused:

Well open the bottom tier instead of the top tier?

FWIW, we should care as matches being live on TV is an opportuntiy to showcase our team and our league. If the bottom tier is full and the stadium looks full, then surely our game will look more attractive to potential players, sponsorships etc... It's embarrasing when you watch a match on TV and the stadium is empty.

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2012, 03:04 PM
We are in the upper, confirmed. Lower will open when upper is full.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Said as much on another thread.

It's not a massive deal but Scottish football really does seem to create its own problems with regards to the image we are putting across.

Billy Whizz
25-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I hate the upper tier at Motherwell, miles away from the play.
They better have the lower open. How many fans do you think we will take, the usual 500/600 away support!

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 03:12 PM
The atmosphere is far better in the upper tier though. With the roof being so high, the noise doesn't travel very well from the lower tier.

HTD1875
25-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Is there a logical reason that they open the top instead of the bottom tier? just seems stupid to me

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Is there a logical reason that they open the top instead of the bottom tier? just seems stupid to me

One of the section 43 guys mentioned something about the top tier being opened first when the weather forecast to be bad.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 03:51 PM
No chance of people running on the pitch after goals etc, plus it's a better view (surprised at the number of people who seem to disagree on that score?!) and, as above, keeps you out of the rain.

JimBHibees
25-10-2012, 04:47 PM
No chance of people running on the pitch after goals etc, plus it's a better view (surprised at the number of people who seem to disagree on that score?!) and, as above, keeps you out of the rain.

I also think Motherwell might think that fans nearer the pitch directly behind the goal might be more encouraging to an away team when attacking that goal than in the upper tier out of view to an extent.

Agree about the upper tier very good view IMO was there for the League cup game we won on pens.

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2012, 05:12 PM
i agree with those mentioning how bad it looks for the tv audience, but i personally much prefer sitting in that top tier :agree:

maturehibby
25-10-2012, 05:22 PM
A wee song for you to sing is "The lights only stay on when your winning - when your winning they stay on when your winning "

Allant1981
25-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Id rather be in the upper, prefer being that bit higher up when watching games but i cant say it bothers me that much

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2012, 03:26 PM
sod it, i'm in, the bank manager said yes , scarf's ironed and gloves heating up on the radiator

gie the baw tae reilly

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Me and Mrs HibbyAndy will be in attendance tonight rooting for a Hibs win.

The best thing i ever did was dump my Jambo ex and hook with a die hard hibby like masel, Life is much mare bearable these days.

jonty
26-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Me and Mrs HibbyAndy will be in attendance tonight rooting for a Hibs win.

The best thing i ever did was dump my Jambo ex and hook with a die hard hibby like masel, Life is much mare bearable these days.

you hooked up with yersel?

Theres a name for that you know :wink: :greengrin

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 03:36 PM
you hooked up with yersel?

Theres a name for that you know :wink: :greengrin

Kent when i posted that i left masel wide open for a comment or 2 :hilarious