PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell game in Newcastle..

Hibs90
25-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm in Newcastle tomorrow night, can anyone recommend a decent pub in the city centre that'll be showing the game? Thanks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Try Tilleys its about 5-10 min walk from the station, just up from Bodega, the last time I was there the manageress was a Jambo, she was brand new. Never been in on a Friday night though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 01:20 PM
If that doesnae work then theres a Sport Cafe on the left hand side at the bottom of the same street that will have it on, avoid visiting The Star/Stab Inn on the way down the street!

StevieC
26-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Try Tilleys its about 5-10 min walk from the station, just up from Bodega, the last time I was there the manageress was a Jambo, she was brand new. Never been in on a Friday night though.

I was in Tilleys last Saturday, I thought it was s**t.

To be honest, I'm not sure that pubs that usually show matches will even know the Motherwell game is on. They'll be more bothered about the Friday night drinkers by the time the game kicks off, so you might need to ask behind the bar to get it on.

I would suggest the bar of the Sandeman Hotel opposite the Gallowgate end of St James' Park. They have lots of screens and I'd be confident they would show it. The Tyneside Irish Club, just down from it, is also guaranteed to be showing it.

JohnStephens91
26-10-2012, 12:45 AM
I was in Tilleys last Saturday, I thought it was s**t.

To be honest, I'm not sure that pubs that usually show matches will even know the Motherwell game is on. They'll be more bothered about the Friday night drinkers by the time the game kicks off, so you might need to ask behind the bar to get it on.

I would suggest the bar of the Sandeman Hotel opposite the Gallowgate end of St James' Park. They have lots of screens and I'd be confident they would show it. The Tyneside Irish Club, just down from it, is also guaranteed to be showing it.

I like Tilleys, mind you I went in during the week and it was an afternoon before a coach back up to Edinburgh but it was a decent pub. Some great food as well, although I had survived on McDonalds, Burger King and KFC for 2 weeks so even a fir tree would have tasted great :wink:

StevieC
26-10-2012, 12:58 AM
I like Tilleys, mind you I went in during the week and it was an afternoon before a coach back up to Edinburgh but it was a decent pub. Some great food as well, although I had survived on McDonalds, Burger King and KFC for 2 weeks so even a fir tree would have tasted great :wink:

To be fair, it had a great selection of beers .. but it was a Saturday night and lucky if there was a dozen people in. The music the dj was playing was all over the place as well. Might suit some, just didn't suit me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm in Newcastle tomorrow night, can anyone recommend a decent pub in the city centre that'll be showing the game? Thanks.

Where did you watch it?