PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Display At Fir Park, Friday 26th

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Whilst expecting a big travelling support tomorrow, Section 43 have organised and been granted permission to carry out a display tomorrow night at Fir Park.

The display will be situated in the middle section of the upper tier and we will require the help of our fellow Hibs fans who are making the trip through.

We could encourage those who are happy to participate to situate themselves in this area of the stand to ensure this display reaches its full potential. The display won’t look the best if the section is only half full.

The display was organised and funded by those in the group we hope you will join us in making Fir Park at sea of green and white tomorrow as the teams approach from the tunnel.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Section 43.

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Good stuff mate. Take it this means we'll be punted to the upper tier as usual? Far prefer sitting in the lower at Fir Park.

What's the script regarding flags do you know? We be allowed to display the East Lothian one?

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Good stuff mate. Take it this means we'll be punted to the upper tier as usual? Far prefer sitting in the lower at Fir Park.

What's the script regarding flags do you know? We be allowed to display the East Lothian one?

I believe the lower tier will only be opened when the upper is full.

Surfers are allowed in, but must be put over empty seats.

Spike Mandela
25-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Has anyone checked the electrics in the stand yet?

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Has anyone checked the electrics in the stand yet?

Rigged perfectly is my info. As soon as Hibs take the lead the fuse box will blow.

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm taking my tools just incase.

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Just as well our 'will we see the second half' banner is finished :aok:

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I know people like to sit in the upper tier but imo this is another example of Scottish football not helping its own image.

By filling the upper tier first anyone viewing on the TV will see all the empty seats in the bottom tier so if we fill the upper tier, as i expect we will do, it will still look a poor crowd. If we were to fill the bottom tier first it would look much busier and the display would be seen by TV viewers.

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I know people like to sit in the upper tier but imo this is another example of Scottish football not helping its own image.

By filling the upper tier first anyone viewing on the TV will see all the empty seats in the bottom tier so if we fill the upper tier, as i expect we will do, it will still look a poor crowd. If we were to fill the bottom tier first it would look much busier and the display would be seen by TV viewers.

Spot on. Motherwell confirmed that when poor weather is forecasted, they accommodate supporters in the upper. Good weather they put them in the lower.

Hopefully we see enough going through that both tiers are opened.

Fully agree that it presents a bad image for Scottish football. We will just need to make sure they can hear us instead.

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Far prefer the lower. Quite enjoy the trip to Fir Park, probably the away ground I've visited most.

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Admin – can you please move this to the public board at 2pm tomorrow?
Whilst expecting a big travelling support tomorrow, Section 43 have organised and been granted permission to carry out a display tomorrow night at Fir Park.

The display will be situated in the middle section of the upper tier and we will require the help of our fellow Hibs fans who are making the trip through.

We could encourage those who are happy to participate to situate themselves in this area of the stand to ensure this display reaches its full potential. The display won’t look the best if the section is only half full.

The display was organised and funded by those in the group we hope you will join us in making Fir Park at sea of green and white tomorrow as the teams approach from the tunnel.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Section 43.

Will do my best to get some photos taken from the Main stand of the display. :aok:

Carheenlea
25-10-2012, 01:42 PM
The lower is the better of the two tiers. Apart from the first couple of rows upstairs, the top tier is effectively restricted view as unless you stand up the goal in front of stand is obscured.

That said, always enjoy Fir Park, there has been some terrific encounters in what has been in recent years a very attractive fixture. Will be bringing along a couple of visitors from Ireland, so fingers crossed they enjoy a Hibs win.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 02:02 PM
The lower is the better of the two tiers. Apart from the first couple of rows upstairs, the top tier is effectively restricted view as unless you stand up the goal in front of stand is obscured.
I've been stood quite high up in the top tier in recent visits and I can't say it's been a problem?

edinburghhibee
25-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Well done guys, looking forward to seeing what you guys do

HH81
25-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Will do my best to get some photos taken from the Main stand of the display. :aok:
Pay in the hibs end you tight git.....

Hibeesmad
25-10-2012, 03:40 PM
GGTTH. bring on the well!!

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Good idea. My mate sits in the East at Fir Park, i'll get him to fire down the front and get a few aswell :agree:

Apocalypso
25-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Expecting bother likes ?

sbell1875
25-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Spot on. Motherwell confirmed that when poor weather is forecasted, they accommodate supporters in the upper. Good weather they put them in the lower.

Hopefully we see enough going through that both tiers are opened.

Fully agree that it presents a bad image for Scottish football. We will just need to make sure they can hear us instead.

Only problem with the upper is how open and exposed it is. You get battered with the wind and the cold in the upper section.

Teuchter Hibbie
25-10-2012, 05:22 PM

:agree: An Aberdeen-supporting pal of mine went to see them play Killie a few weeks ago. He told me Aberdeen had taken about 800 fans; I simply didn't believe him because Killie had lumped them away up the top and you could only see about 50 folk. Personally, I've never been to Fir Park, so have no preference between upper/lower tier.

007 Mickey Weir
25-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I agree that it will look like a terrible Hibs support on tv. Maybe someone should contact ESPN and make sure the show the display.

iwasthere1972
25-10-2012, 06:43 PM
It's the only football ground that ran out of tea after I queued for twenty minutes. How the heck can you run out of tea bags and water? I even missed a Hibs goal to makes things worse.

DAVE1875
25-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Hopefully nothing goes wrong like an electrical fire in the floodlights or a power cut :rolleyes:

Twiglet
25-10-2012, 08:51 PM
They were talking about the match tonight towards the end of Sportsound and someone from Motherwell was saying they've had the electrics checked and there'll be a Scottish Power engineer there tomorrow.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2012, 08:53 PM
They were talking about the match tonight towards the end of Sportsound and someone from Motherwell was saying they've had the electrics checked and there'll be a Scottish Power engineer there tomorrow.

Smokescreen (if you'll pardon the pun :greengrin)

As soon as they go a goal down they'll have the match abandoned in case anyone falls from the upper tier of the stand onto the empty seats down below :wink:

Twiglet
25-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Smokescreen (if you'll pardon the pun :greengrin)

As soon as they go a goal down they'll have the match abandoned in case anyone falls from the upper tier of the stand onto the empty seats down below :wink:

Or the lights will go out and it will be a 2 man job (one to sort the fuse, the other to make sure the lights go back on), but the second engineer won't be able to make it out til Wednesday. :wink:

DaveF
26-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Just as well our 'will we see the second half' banner is finished :aok:

Does it have "Switch the lights off" on the other side, just in case we take a humping in the 1st half :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
26-10-2012, 07:02 AM

A return to the 70s, going to a football match 'tooled up'??

Lucius Apuleius
26-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I recall going to Fir Park many times when the top tier was barricaded to stop us going up there and everybody complaining about it. Are we too fickle?

DaveF
26-10-2012, 07:35 AM
I recall going to Fir Park many times when the top tier was barricaded to stop us going up there and everybody complaining about it. Are we too fickle?

Yep, I remember that too. Ach, it gives us something to moan about eh!

Chuck Rhoades
26-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Bump.

RIP
26-10-2012, 03:12 PM
5 Mackay radges will be there Ross. We cannae sing for toffee but happy to make a racket and help wi the display