PDA

View Full Version : Shefki Kuqi

Hibeesmad
23-10-2012, 10:52 PM
When will we see the Swan Dive?

HTD1875
23-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Friday night 89th minute winner to make it 3-2, yeah probably not.

SteveHFC
23-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Tynecastle :cb

Hibeesmad
23-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Tynecastle :cb

Last minute winner. LEGEND! Please make it happen lord!

silverhibee
23-10-2012, 11:30 PM
When will we see the Swan Dive?

Will we ever see it. :dunno: :greengrin

The Sea-gull
24-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Right now he has "contract cancelled by mutual consent during the January window" written all over him. Could change between now and then though.

A strange signing though can't really criticise PF if he was just looking for someone to bolster the squad and he was the best fit available for the budget he had. The form of Griffiths and Doyle has been such that we have't really had to question the depth of the squad's striking resources this season. Yet.

Golden Bear
24-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Right now he has "contract cancelled by mutual consent during the January window" written all over him. Could change between now and then though.

A strange signing though can't really criticise PF if he was just looking for someone to bolster the squad and he was the best fit available for the budget he had. The form of Griffiths and Doyle has been such that we have't really had to question the depth of the squad's striking resources this season. Yet.

That's the trouble -------------- he ain't fit never mind best fit.

:wink:

Jpdhfc
24-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Appart from when griffiths was out still did not start

The Sea-gull
24-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Appart from when griffiths was out still did not start

Oh yeah. He seems very much fourth choice striker behind Griffiths, Doyle and Caldwell. Very strange signing. Pat must have thought he was better and fitter than he has actually been as surely there were better options out there.

J-C
24-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Very much looks like Pat bought him knowing his CV was good but has since found out his legs have long gone.

Stevie Reid
24-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Still think he has a part to play - judging by how much advice he offered to Caldwell during his brief appearance in training, his help on the training ground must be of great value. Reckon he'll still get involved and score for us though.

500miles
24-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Very much looks like Pat bought him knowing his CV was good but has since found out his legs have long gone.

So long gone, in fact, that he still scored a barrel load of goals last season.
Kiwi isn't playing because Doyle and Griffiths have been brilliant, and Caldwell has been putting the goals away in preseason and under20s, during the time Kuqi has been making up for his lack if match fitness. We've also found ourselves playing a system which relies on the movement of our forwards, rather than a less mobile, but stronger, target man.

greenlex
24-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Thought he had trimmed down a fair bit at last outing at ER.

Golden Bear
24-10-2012, 05:04 PM
We've not had a great deal of success in recent years in our efforts to sign a "robust" target man.

And some posters actually thought that Michael Higdon was not "Hibs Class" when there were talks that he would be an ideal signing target for Hibs!

HoboHarry
24-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Still think he has a part to play - judging by how much advice he offered to Caldwell during his brief appearance in training, his help on the training ground must be of great value. Reckon he'll still get involved and score for us though.
I would agree with that. Methinks that PF got himself a player and a strikers coach for the price of one.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2012, 05:12 PM
We've not had a great deal of success in recent years in our efforts to sign a "robust" target man.

And some posters actually thought that Michael Higdon was not "Hibs Class" when there were talks that he would be an ideal signing target for Hibs!

Yip, And they know who they are, Still rankles me to this day the posters on here saying Higdon wasn't good enough for Hibs, Who are we like? Barcelona??..Its the SPL. i reckon i could get 5 or 6 goals myself in this pathetic league.

Kuqi will play his part in the second half of the season IMO, What's the alternative? Just rip the guy to pieces on here and say he's not good enough?.

It's a team game.

Hibeesmad
24-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Yip, And they know who they are, Still rankles me to this day the posters on here saying Higdon wasn't good enough for Hibs, Who are we like? Barcelona??..Its the SPL. i reckon i could get 5 or 6 goals myself in this pathetic league.

Kuqi will play his part in the second half of the season IMO, What's the alternative? Just rip the guy to pieces on here and say he's not good enough?.

It's a team game.

Totally agree with you mate! And I can see a few clubs sniffing around leigh in January, unfortunately

J-C
24-10-2012, 10:32 PM
So long gone, in fact, that he still scored a barrel load of goals last season.
Kiwi isn't playing because Doyle and Griffiths have been brilliant, and Caldwell has been putting the goals away in preseason and under20s, during the time Kuqi has been making up for his lack if match fitness. We've also found ourselves playing a system which relies on the movement of our forwards, rather than a less mobile, but stronger, target man.

Like most on here, we haven't seen anything of him yet apart from glimpses off the bench, he did come with a decent pedigree and after so many weeks, thought he may have been given more play time, just wondered why and your explanation may be the answer.

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I thought he done fine when he came on last Saturday.

lord bunberry
25-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I think his time will come he hasn't really been needed so far but at some point in the season he is going to be required to come in and do a job and i think fenlon is bringing him on slowly with that in mind

brog
25-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I was very opposed to the signing of Kuqi but I now believe he could be ok as an impact sub, particularly in the winter months. I don't see him starting. I'm not hugely enamoured of Sheridan or McGinn but I do believe they would have been considerably better value than Kuqi & given Kuqi has no resale value I'm astonished RP sanctioned the deal.
I've never previously commented on Higdon but I genuinely believe he's no better than Nish & he would immediately be target for the boo boys if he ever ended up at ER1