FromTheCapital
23-10-2012, 07:03 PM
BARCA 0-1 CELTIC - Mascherano og' 18

reidy
23-10-2012, 07:04 PM
2-0 braga

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 07:07 PM
My first goalscorer, Barca 4-1 bet is dead but my Celtic +2 is looking good. Told you all they would score!

SteveHFC
23-10-2012, 07:07 PM
2-0 braga

:faf:

wick hibby
23-10-2012, 07:10 PM
2/1:agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Man United have nothing to brag about at the moment. :greengrin

duffers
23-10-2012, 07:13 PM
My first goalscorer, Barca 4-1 bet is dead but my Celtic +2 is looking good. Told you all they would score!

First goalscorer should be okay as it was an own goal, no?

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Tempted to lump on Man Utd and Barcelona in play.

Barca could have had 3 before Celtic scored and United look to have started to wake up after the second goal.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 07:14 PM
First goalscorer should be okay as it was an own goal, no?

Good point sir.

SteveHFC
23-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Yassss

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Scorecast with a chance. Get the fingers crossed for.me!

wearethehibs
23-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Sky bet have tweeted they have awarded the goal to Samaras

Wotherspiniesta
23-10-2012, 07:41 PM
In fairness, I think Samaras' header was on target.

This new Man United formation isn't working. Deserve to be behind and yet again a sloppy start from them.

nonshinyfinish
23-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Header was on target so goes down as a deflection reather than an OG? :dunno:

God Petrie
Man Utd are crap.

Jack Hackett
I have a deal of admiration for Braga, as they are a club about the same size as us, in a league dominated by 2 big clubs. What they've achieved in the last 5 or 6 years is impressive, and all down to having good runs in Europe.

The money they've made from these runs has bankrolled a team that are now leading against Man U at Old Trafford. Average attendances, while nothing to shout about, have risen from 11k to about 15k in this period. I can't help but bemoan the fact that our last 5 years could have been similarly successful, if we'd built on the Mowbray era instead of imploding

LancsHibs
23-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I have a deal of admiration for Braga, as they are a club about the same size as us, in a league dominated by 2 big clubs. What they've achieved in the last 5 or 6 years is impressive, and all down to having good runs in Europe.

The money they've made from these runs has bankrolled a team that are now leading against Man U at Old Trafford. Average attendances, while nothing to shout about, have risen from 11k to about 15k in this period. I can't help but bemoan the fact that our last 5 years could have been similarly successful, if we'd built on the Mowbray era instead of imploding

:agree: shows just what can be achieved with a bit of investment, belief and probably a fair bit of good fortune

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Celtic with a great chance to go 2-1 up.

Hate to say it but have to give them credit they are making a game of it.

LancsHibs
23-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Celtic with a great chance to go 2-1 up.

Hate to say it but have to give them credit they are making a game of it.

No fan of the smellies but hope they can get a win tonight, would be a great positive for Scottish Fitba

LancsHibs
23-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Boo! Man United scored:bitchy: 'mon the green & whites:flag:

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 08:09 PM
No fan of the smellies but hope they can get a win tonight, would be a great positive for Scottish Fitba

I'm in 2 minds really. I can't stand the OF and it goes against every natural instinct to want them to win BUT Scottish football has had such a slagging from all angles lately seeing them do something against Barca would shut a few people up for 5 minutes so I could live with it.

wearethehibs
23-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Birmingham have come back from 3-0 down. Now 3-3 if anyones interested :)

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Man United have nothing to brag about at the moment. :greengrin

3-2 United.

:fenlon:giruy::fenlon:giruy:

:na na:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 08:18 PM
3-2 United.

:fenlon:giruy::fenlon:giruy:

:na na:

It does me, i have them in a 5 team accumulator and the other 4 are winning. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm in 2 minds really. I can't stand the OF and it goes against every natural instinct to want them to win BUT Scottish football has had such a slagging from all angles lately seeing them do something against Barca would shut a few people up for 5 minutes so I could live with it.

Could never wish Celtic to win a game of football except when they're playing Hearts.

Don't particularly like Barcelona either though so a draw will do for me tonight. As you say, if they get something tonight, it will give some positive attention on Scottish football for a little while.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Say what you like about Man Utd but there ability to dig themselves out of holes is unbelievable.

HH81
23-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Say what you like about Man Utd but there ability to dig themselves out of holes is unbelievable.

Easiest group in champions league. No doubt about it.

surreyhibbie
23-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Birmingham have come back from 3-0 down. Now 3-3 if anyones interested :)

Me!
Couple of Brummies from work were going to the game, a bit worried as it was the infamous Milwall. Hope hey didn't leave at 3-0, that would be tooooo funny....:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I need Braga to score for ma line!

Ambrose and Forster have been exceptional for Cellic tonight.

Matty_Jack04
23-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Could never wish Celtic to win a game of football except when they're playing Hearts.

Don't particularly like Barcelona either though so a draw will do for me tonight. As you say, if they get something tonight, it will give some positive attention on Scottish football for a little while.

honest question here mate but what is it you don't like about barca? Don't hear that very often interested in your reasons

Matty_Jack04
23-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I need Braga to score for ma line!

Ambrose and Forster have been exceptional for Cellic tonight.

I thought they where wasting there cash on Forster signing him permanent looks a great bit of business from them now.... even tho Newcastle have a big sell on

SteveHFC

London Hibs FC
Oops :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
Easiest group in champions league. No doubt about it.

Wrong.

Their group last year was easier. :wink:

Fife-Hibee
23-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Hohoho

Sir David Gray
2-1 Barcelona.

There's something quite funny about Celtic losing a game with the last kick of the ball. :greengrin

Hibs Class
Lennon looks gutted - love it!

SteveHFC
23-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Lennon :faf:

IWasThere2016
23-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Nae luck Cellic! So close..

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2012, 08:38 PM

#FromTheCapital
23-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Was feeling a wee bit sorry for Celtic until I saw Lennon and started pishin maself. Horrible way to lose the game but over 90 minutes barca deserved it as anyone would expect

IWasThere2016
23-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I hope there are plenty sick bags on the flights from Barca to Glasgow!

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 08:45 PM
honest question here mate but what is it you don't like about barca? Don't hear that very often interested in your reasons

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they are a fantastic football team and have some of the best players in the world. However there's just something about the club that I really can't take to. I'm not sure if it's maybe the 'more than a club' mantra that they trot out all the time or not but there's something about Barcelona that annoys me.

They're a bit like Liverpool in that regard as far as I'm concerned. I can't put my finger on it but I really can't stand them as a club either.

SMAXXA
23-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I actually feel sorry for them, I take no pleasure in them going away to arguably the best team in the world and competing. It can't do the scottish game any harm. Mind if it had been Berwick or sumit that knocked them out the scottish cup I would laugh ma balls off but not tonight.

They did scotland and their club proud IMO

Teo10
23-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they are a fantastic football team and have some of the best players in the world. However there's just something about the club that I really can't take to. I'm not sure if it's maybe the 'more than a club' mantra that they trot out all the time or not but there's something about Barcelona that annoys me.

They're a bit like Liverpool in that regard as far as I'm concerned. I can't put my finger on it but I really can't stand them as a club either.

Once you actually go and check out the stadium, read about all the other teams they have in different sports, things they do in the community etc you see why they say "Mes Que un Club". The fans follow them like religion over there, right now thousands will be getting the sub to las ramblas for a few drinks and to celebrate...

Which is what I'll be doing 3 weeks on Sunday!:greengrin

Hibs Class
23-10-2012, 08:51 PM
If it hadn't been for their plucky performance I wouldn't have got 3-1 on a barca win with five mins to go!

Matty_Jack04
23-10-2012, 08:52 PM

I can agree with the Liverpool thing I also don't like them for unknown reasons

harpo
23-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Have to say that was one of the best performances by a scottish club ever! You have to remember Barcelona are arguably the greatest team ever and for Celtic to take them to the wire took great strength and courage. Wanyama was immense as was Ambrose and Forster.

HH81
23-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I went to an Fa cup tie tonight. Liked look of a player for Lincoln and might pass details onto hibs. Pace to burn and good at putting balls in thw box.

Barney McGrew
23-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Cannae understand the 'superb performance' from Celtic. Other than a lucky goal from virtually the only time they were ever in Barca's half, they never had the ball for more than 15 seconds at a time.

it could have been four or five quite easily if it wasn't for Lurch in goals. Hardly the stuff of legend.

Paisley Hibby
23-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Have to say that was one of the best performances by a scottish club ever! You have to remember Barcelona are arguably the greatest team ever and for Celtic to take them to the wire took great strength and courage. Wanyama was immense as was Ambrose and Forster.

Best performance by a Scottish team ever???? Not even close. What about Barca 4 Hibs 4? Barca 1 Dundee Utd 3? I could go on...

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Once you actually go and check out the stadium, read about all the other teams they have in different sports, things they do in the community etc you see why they say "Mes Que un Club". The fans follow them like religion over there, right now thousands will be getting the sub to las ramblas for a few drinks and to celebrate...

Which is what I'll be doing 3 weeks on Sunday!:greengrin

I just think that kind of statement is something that fans of every club will say about their team.

In my opinion, Barcelona are no more of a club than Hibs are. Yes, they are a bigger club and they are clearly a better footballing side but they're no more important to their fans than Hibs are to our fans, or any other club for that matter.

They're also a bit too political for my liking as well.

When it comes to Spanish football, I would prefer Real Madrid to win over Barcelona, although I'm not particularly bothered.

R'Albin
23-10-2012, 09:33 PM

I'm the same :agree:

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Cannae understand the 'superb performance' from Celtic. Other than a lucky goal from virtually the only time they were ever in Barca's half, they never had the ball for more than 15 seconds at a time.

it could have been four or five quite easily if it wasn't for Lurch in goals. Hardly the stuff of legend.

:agree: Think I read towards the end of the match that Barcelona had something like 75% possession tonight!

monktonharp
23-10-2012, 09:44 PM
lets start a love them/hate them barca debate:greengrin

harpo
23-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Best performance by a Scottish team ever???? Not even close. What about Barca 4 Hibs 4? Barca 1 Dundee Utd 3? I could go on...

No I said ONE of the best performances by a Scottish club ever. Especially when you take into consideration they were playing arguably the greatest team ever.

Barney McGrew
23-10-2012, 09:57 PM
:agree: Think I read towards the end of the match that Barcelona had something like 75% possession tonight!

82% over the 90 mins. Xavi completed more passes than Celtic did.

Still, Celtic did manage to limit them to just the 28 attempts at goal.

Mon Dieu4
23-10-2012, 10:00 PM
if you put 533814 into a calculator and turn it upside down it says Hibees, you can't do that with Barca, that makes us the greatest team ever in my opinion

jamesjamieson
23-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Anyone see the Valencia game? Referee Craig Thomson gave Valencia a very debatable penalty for their opener. Sound familiar?

LeighLoyal
23-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Was a bus parking exercise in the second half, unlucky but they invited wave after wave.

harpo
23-10-2012, 10:18 PM

Im sure you wouldnt be saying the same if it was Hibs, lets be honest. Barcelona are regarded by many as the greatest team ever and if Hibs had taken them to the wire away from home, we would have been quite rightly singing their praises.

hibeedonald
23-10-2012, 10:24 PM

To be fair only a few were clear cut, most were long shots from an unusually frustrated Barcelona who couldn't break down a Celtic back line worth less combined than any of there players on that park.

steakbake
23-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I thought Celtic did well tonight and were unlucky to come away without a point. A loss but not one without some credit. It's a bit churlish to suggest otherwise.

I do think that sometimes the "death" of Scottish football is as exaggerated to the point of cliche as it seems improbably drawn out.

fatbloke
23-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Ha f****n ha:greengrin congrats Barca

GreenPJ
23-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Ha f****n ha:greengrin congrats Barca

The Scottish psyche at its best. We put more effort and get more enjoyment out of other people failling.

silverhibee
23-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I thought Celtic did well tonight and were unlucky to come away without a point. A loss but not one without some credit. It's a bit churlish to suggest otherwise.

I do think that sometimes the "death" of Scottish football is as exaggerated to the point of cliche as it seems improbably drawn out.

:agree:

silverhibee
23-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Good result for Man Utd tonight HH.

Wake up. :thumbsup:

joe breezy
24-10-2012, 12:15 AM

Yes am enjoyable game, personally enjoyed Man U going 2 down as made the game more exciting

Fergie can't be happy with the initial defending though

Did a fair boy of channel hopping too as Celtic game intriguing - better football match at Old Trafford though

SkintHibby
24-10-2012, 04:45 AM
The Scottish psyche at its best. We put more effort and get more enjoyment out of other people failling.

Correct.

Steve20
24-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Celtic stuck to what they were trying to do and you have to say it was a good performance.

But one of the best performances by a Scottish team in Europe?? Nope, not even close.

HH81
24-10-2012, 06:24 AM

Hardly boss, i have watched Braga play before in Portugal and they are an awful team. Very bad.

Glad to see the tv fans got the chance to see thier team though. Big Manchester team in action tonight.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Just remember this thread the next time lemon has a pop at us or any other team who park the bus at parkhead, and perhaps come away with a point or even a win.

Lets see how he reacts then, i wonder if he will be so positive about that kind of play then? :rolleyes:

PS Well done Barca, quality drawing them in and scoring with the last kick of the game. Nearly wet myself watching lemon the fans and the pundits after. :faf:

Did i mention i hate the smellies?

wearethehibs
24-10-2012, 08:42 AM

When its Celtic, Hearts and Newco then yes you are right. Hate Celtic and glad they got humped.

Did Scotland proud??
Bet Irish flags out numbered Scottish flags in the away end

sidjames
24-10-2012, 08:52 AM

Not everyone likes them by any means. I never have after we played them all that time ago in tha Fairs cup. I have been to the Camp Nou twice. Its an impressive arena, but again almost too big (rarely full either).

Where i live the bars are packed and noisy when Real Madrid play as they are the big club. That is changing though as many younger people follow their local team now they are competing well and in the Champs liga. I am off tonight to La rosalada to see them v Milan. The area around the ground is packed with wee boozers and the one i go to is a sort of Easter Road type gaffe. Lots of street bars spring up too giving a nice atmosphere(for tickets and accommodation pm:cb)

Cocaine&Caviar
24-10-2012, 08:58 AM
They did scotland and their club proud IMO

Aye, the whole 2 SCOTS that were in the team, and all the supposed saltires that were in the away end? Naw, it'll have been Tri-Colours & Palestine flags.

***** Celtic.

Paisley Hibby
24-10-2012, 09:08 AM
No I said ONE of the best performances by a Scottish club ever. Especially when you take into consideration they were playing arguably the greatest team ever.

Sorry, not even close to being ONE of the best. Celtic ALMOST got a flooky draw. Had it not been for the woodwork and some great goalkeeping they would have been well and truly gubbbed.

macca70
24-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Aye, the whole 2 SCOTS that were in the team, and all the supposed saltires that were in the away end? Naw, it'll have been Tri-Colours & Palestine flags.

***** Celtic.

And that track suit top that Lennon wears with the tri-colour all the way round the collar. Just blatant disregard that they are Scotland's representatives in the Champions League.

I did find it slightly ironic that the injury time winner they conceded was called ALBA (the name for Scotland in Gaelic).

SMAXXA
24-10-2012, 10:00 AM

***** Celtic.

Yeah a can really see the stock of the Irish game going up as a result of Celtics performances in europe, but Ireland cant wait for there enhanced co-ifficient either :confused:

Are we banning Tri-colours from ER then? I dint care for them domestically but in the interests of our game I want to see them do well in europe.

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I just think that kind of statement is something that fans of every club will say about their team.

In my opinion, Barcelona are no more of a club than Hibs are. Yes, they are a bigger club and they are clearly a better footballing side but they're no more important to their fans than Hibs are to our fans, or any other club for that matter.

They're also a bit too political for my liking as well.

When it comes to Spanish football, I would prefer Real Madrid to win over Barcelona, although I'm not particularly bothered.

I think you need to read the history of the club before coming out with tosh like that.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry, not even close to being ONE of the best. Celtic ALMOST got a flooky draw. Had it not been for the woodwork and some great goalkeeping they would have been well and truly gubbbed.

Let's look at what you are really saying:

So had they got a draw it would have been down to Barcelona not hitting the target and the keeper who is after all part of the team performing well....No?

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Just remember this thread the next time lemon has a pop at us or any other team who park the bus at parkhead, and perhaps come away with a point or even a win.

Lets see how he reacts then, i wonder if he will be so positive about that kind of play then? :rolleyes:

PS Well done Barca, quality drawing them in and scoring with the last kick of the game. Nearly wet myself watching lemon the fans and the pundits after. :faf:

Did i mention i hate the smellies?

Agree entirely with your point about the way they played and how different it would be perceived if we defended and got a draw at Parkhead. For whats its worth thought Celtic were excellent and you have to admire the way they seem to pick up guys such as Ambrose, Wanyama etc who are very good indeed.

Paisley Hibby
24-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Let's look at what you are really saying:

So had they got a draw it would have been down to Barcelona not hitting the target and the keeper who is after all part of the team performing well....No?

Yes! I'm saying Celtic would have been very lucky to have got a draw. Or putting it another way, Barca would have been very unlucky not to have won. Sure, I don't deny that Celtic gave a good account of themselves last night, Forster in particular. But to suggest, as others have done, that this was one of the best performances ever by a Scottish team is ridiculous. it maybe shows justt how far Scottish football has fallen that a failed attempt to park the bus is hailed as a great performance.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes! I'm saying Celtic would have been very lucky to have got a draw. Or putting it another way, Barca would have been very unlucky not to have won. Sure, I don't deny that Celtic gave a good account of themselves last night, Forster in particular. But to suggest, as others have done, that this was one of the best performances ever by a Scottish team is ridiculous. it maybe shows justt how far Scottish football has fallen that a failed attempt to park the bus is hailed as a great performance.

:aok:

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Anyone know the Hibs v Hearts U-20 score?

ruthven_raiders
24-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the Hibs v Hearts score?

1-0 to hearts at ht😞

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 07:58 PM
City :faf:

Pretty Boy
24-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Almost a billion pounds well spent.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Now 3-1 to Ajax v City :faf:

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Ajax are a good team, no huge surprise imo.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:10 PM
All over them.

Should have been 4.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Ajax are a good team, no huge surprise imo.

They're a good team, but when you consider how much City have spent on players and the class players Ajax have had to sell, it's a bit of a surprise, no?

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Should have been 3-2 then.

City will have to dominate England again as they are going out of this comp.

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:13 PM
They're a good team, but when you consider how much City have spent on players and the class players Ajax have had to sell, it's a bit of a surprise, no?

Man u have spent just as much over the last few years.

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I think you need to read the history of the club before coming out with tosh like that.

I'm aware of their history.

Still not sure how it makes them "more than a club" though. OK, so they're important to their local community and a focal point in their region. That applies to quite a number of football clubs in the world. As I said in my last post, just because Barcelona are one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world, doesn't mean to say that they are any more important to their fans and their community than any other club is to their fans and their community.

Since you've dismissed my last post as "tosh" and I'm still none the wiser as to the reasons why Barcelona are justified in describing themselves as being "more than a club", perhaps you could explain to me why you think that they ARE "more than a club".

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 08:14 PM

It's not a surprise that Ajax are winning, City haven't looked as good this season, and will struggle against other European teams. But yeah, considering how much they have spent and Ajax have sold, you'd expect them to go and win the game, but i did think Ajax would get the win tonight.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Should have been 3-2 then.

City will have to dominate England again as they are going out of this comp.

Dominate England? :top marksLike how they knicked the title with the last kick of the ball last season or how they're off the pace of Chelsea this season? :aok:

As for Champions League, at this rate they'll be lucky to make the Europa :na na:

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Now 3-1 to Ajax v City :faf:

Nae luck! :tee hee:

Still, never mind, here comes the Incredible Sulk to save the day!

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Man u have spent just as much over the last few years.

No.

No, they've not. And we're not talking about your favourite team, John.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Dominate England? :top marksLike how they knicked the title with the last kick of the ball last season or how they're off the pace of Chelsea this season? :aok:

As for Champions League, at this rate they'll be lucky to make the Europa :na na:

I understand the gloating but a Man U fan complaining about good fortune in the last minute of a game is a step too far :greengrin

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:18 PM

They deserved to win the league and they were let down by poor refs in both league and Fa cups.

Arnt they on same points as man u?

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I understand the gloating but a Man U fan complaining about good fortune in the last minute of a game is a step too far :greengrin

Touche! You could say that being a Hibs fan and a Man United supporter, it balances out re: late goals :agree:

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:20 PM
No.

No, they've not. And we're not talking about your favourite team, John.

Yes they have. It's a myth when people think man u don't spend millions and millions. Just like city except the Glazers are top lads.

Wotherspiniesta
They deserved to win the league and they were let down by poor refs in both league and Fa cups.

Arnt they on same points as man u?

Yup. I guess United will just have to deal with Champions League football and " dominating England" :wink:

2-1 Dortmund.

Oh, its looking pretty grim.

Pretty Boy

Still not sure how it makes them "more than a club" though. OK, so they're important to their local community and a focal point in their region. That applies to quite a number of football clubs in the world. As I said in my last post, just because Barcelona are one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world, doesn't mean to say that they are any more important to their fans and their community than any other club is to their fans and their community.

Since you've dismissed my last post as "tosh" and I'm still none the wiser as to the reasons why Barcelona are justified in describing themselves as being "more than a club", perhaps you could explain to me why you think that they ARE "more than a club".

http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/club_avui/mes_que_un_club/mesqueunclub_historia.html

History of the phrase explained here.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with it, this gives a but background and debunks the common argument that it is a modern 'marketing' slogan.

Matty_Jack04
24-10-2012, 08:21 PM

I opened quite the can of worms here mate... Apologies

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Yup. I guess United will just have to deal with Champions League football and " dominating England" :wink:

2-1 Dortmund.

Oh, its looking pretty grim.

Grim for who?

hibsbollah
Dortmund beating Real Madrid 2-1. Probably the best team in Europe on form just now.

Wotherspiniesta
Is that true?

Taglotelli hasn't scored an away goal for Man City in 2012?

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Grim for who?

Billionaire Sheik Manure's plaything.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2012, 08:27 PM
The Arsenal AGM is tomorrow, i'd love to be able to attend that. :greengrin

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:27 PM

You making out the season is over?

Iggy Pope
24-10-2012, 08:29 PM

can't take my eyes off this. Tuned in to this thread as I couldn't get near a telly only to find it hijacked by mugs who haven't been near Manchester,
Unless you count Halifax as being near.

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 08:30 PM
You making out the season is over?

If they don't score at least two goals in the next two minutes then their Champions League hopes for season 2012-13 almost certainly are.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:30 PM
can't take my eyes off this. Tuned in to this thread as I couldn't get near a telly only to find it hijacked by mugs who haven't been near Manchester,
Unless you count Halifax as being near.

How would you know if I've been near Manchester? :confused:

Iggy Pope
24-10-2012, 08:33 PM
How would you know if I've been near Manchester? :confused:

Oh dear god,

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Poor result for both English clubs losing 2-0 and 3-1

SteveHFC
24-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Arsenal :faf:

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Arsenal :faf:

Chelsea :faf:

In fact, I believe there was only one British side to win in Europe this week. :aok:

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Dortmund look an amazing team just now! Don't think they will win the Bundesliga this year though, Bayern have double their points winning 8 out of 8 so far.

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 08:44 PM

In fact, I believe there was only one British side to win in Europe this week. :aok:

It's weird when people support another team so passionately. What made you choose Hibs as a second team?

MWHIBBIES
24-10-2012, 08:47 PM

In fact, I believe there was only one British side to win in Europe this week. :aok:There are 3 playing tomorrow

Iggy Pope
24-10-2012, 08:49 PM
It's weird when people support another team so passionately. What made you choose Hibs as a second team?

Don't man, they'll start again.........doubt they watch Hibs that much never mind their TV idols.

HH81
24-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Shame he wasn't in the behind the goals that day we were there. I would have asked him to join us to watch the game, such fun so it was :-)

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2012, 08:51 PM
...Only when United supporters cheer. :rolleyes:

No wonder I stopped posting on these English threads.

Bed!

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Shame he wasn't in the behind the goals that day we were there. I would have asked him to join us to watch the game, such fun so it was :-)

That was amazing, loved when that last goal went in, you were certainly enjoying it. :hilarious :thumbsup:

Big_Franck
24-10-2012, 09:14 PM

There aren't many people that have a problem with Barcelona, but in my experience a fair percentage of those that do have a soft spot for Man Utd. Could have something to do with the fact that they have lost two recent Champions league finals to Barca and that their hero is currently playing for Barca's greatest rivals :wink:

Iggy Pope
24-10-2012, 09:35 PM
There aren't many people that have a problem with Barcelona, but in my experience a fair percentage of those that do have a soft spot for Man Utd. Could have something to do with the fact that they have lost two recent Champions league finals to Barca and that their hero is currently playing for Barca's greatest rivals :wink:

A readily available paperback 'Morbo', author by the name of Philip Ball, might go a long way to explaining to some of these dullards why Barcelona (and a number of other 'clubs') are more than a club.
Not disrespecting United, City, Chelsea or Preston North End for that matter but eyes need opening to what happened in the very recent history of these Spanish sides. it goes way beyond football. And in a political spirit that British football never could match.

(Apart from our own struggle, 'course,,,,)

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Not going to rise to your bait, it's just so tiresome.

Aye, that's the reason. You've just cracked it! :aok:

NOLA
25-10-2012, 12:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5_-02oCUAEmPhQ.jpg

leither17
25-10-2012, 12:26 AM

Some good betting there well done

Haymaker
25-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Serious questions must be asked at City about their current manager & staff - IF they have a genuine desire to win the CL which they must do! Mancini has a terrible record in the CL and I am convinced he is a poor manager.

For example: At Inter he had the best team at the time, won 3 leagues (IIRC?) but there was also the scandal, no Juve for one season and a ham-strung AC. In the CL I dont remember them getting much further than the first round?

Moves to Man City - has a lot of money to spend, spends it well in places - poorly in others IMO. Wins the league in shocking fashion (because they should have been out of sight well before the last game!) and bombs out of the CL.

Now most of his City team have CL experience - some have quite a lot so it isnt the players who arent adapting to a higher level of football...

:cb

Matty_Jack04
25-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Serious questions must be asked at City about their current manager & staff - IF they have a genuine desire to win the CL which they must do! Mancini has a terrible record in the CL and I am convinced he is a poor manager.

For example: At Inter he had the best team at the time, won 3 leagues (IIRC?) but there was also the scandal, no Juve for one season and a ham-strung AC. In the CL I dont remember them getting much further than the first round?

Moves to Man City - has a lot of money to spend, spends it well in places - poorly in others IMO. Wins the league in shocking fashion (because they should have been out of sight well before the last game!) and bombs out of the CL.

Now most of his City team have CL experience - some have quite a lot so it isnt the players who arent adapting to a higher level of football...

:cb

Mancini isn't the man to lead man city his loyalty to certain players proves that but city's group this year is unreal compared to man u's or arsenals, also the media out cry it's over for them is premature aren't 2 of the 3 games left at the etihad? If that's so they could well qualify and are worth a punt to win it after a shot in the arm that would bring IMO

Steve-O
25-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Had the exact same bet but took Real Madrid instead of Dortmund...:rolleyes:

edit - actually, didn't have the Arsenal game. Well predicted that though!

Albanian Hibs
25-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I dont get this fascination with english teams. Who give a toss what all their scores were? I hate man u and city equally. Probably never been to a game in their lives.

Matty_Jack04
25-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I dont get this fascination with english teams. Who give a toss what all their scores were? I hate man u and city equally. Probably never been to a game in their lives.

There the most televised teams in world football people are bound to have opinions and favourites regardless of going to games or not, I don't get why people would comment on a match update thread when there no Scottish teams playing if they feel the way you do

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 11:52 AM

How can u not give a toss, but, hate two teams as well?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Have the bookies got the Anzhi price all wrong tonight? Rodgers has played a weakened side in the comp so far and its the scouse derby on Sun.
I've backed the away side @ 4.2 on Betfair.

Wotherspiniesta
25-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Well done Lupo. :aok:

Just a word to the wise though, I wouldn't post up the betting slip along with reference number and time of bet before you've collected your winnings.

HH81
25-10-2012, 05:57 PM

I have been to both Manchester clubs grounds on about 10 occasions in total. Not once were either city on man u playing and I would never want to go watch either side.

hibsbollah
25-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Well done Lupo. :aok:

Just a word to the wise though, I wouldn't post up the betting slip along with reference number and time of bet before you've collected your winnings.

One step ahead of you there, I'm just back from Ladbrokes with Lupos winnings:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Will we get a decent update thread since neither Coronation Street teams are playing?

HH81
25-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Will we get a decent update thread since neither Coronation Street teams are playing?

West ham 0 :-)

Spurs 1-1.

Captain Trips
25-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Anzhi are 3/1 to beat Lpool, they have Eto'o and are in great form, maybe worth a punt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 06:47 PM
West ham 0 :-)

That doesn't happen too often, but, in the next 6 weeks I think it might! As Brucie would say lets have a Brucie Bonus before Xmas!

A win at Wigan to follow up the one at UP I witnessed on Sat would be nice!