PDA

View Full Version : Unable to listen to Sportsound on iPhone/iPad? Problem solved!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Download SkyFire browser app £1.99 from AppStore and you too can play flash media stream stuff.

ive been looking for a solution to this for ages unfortunately open all mouths predominates now :(

The Green Goblin
23-10-2012, 05:33 PM
It works outside the uk too?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2012, 05:46 PM
It works outside the uk too?

I've not tried overseas M but I'd imagine for Sportsound would fall foul unless you set your proxy as though it was in the UK. It's effectively a browse that picks up when something is in flash then does some conversion and displays it on yer iPhone. So if you had a flash stream in Brasil it would work no probs.

Also should add that this would appear to only work for the streamed links so if they switch to MW then this approach wouldnt cater for that. I'm still continuing the search for an MW app but reckon it's a cheapie portable radio from Tesco unfortunately.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Just to add it appears to go where TuneIn fears to tread.'for example tonight I could only listen to Bryan Burnett or Radio Nan Ghaildh (sp?) on TuneIn whereas with SkyFire I could browse to and listen to the streamed link (finishes 19:40).

David_D
23-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Is fireplay the full name as when I search nothing comes up.

The Green Goblin
23-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I've not tried overseas M but I'd imagine for Sportsound would fall foul unless you set your proxy as though it was in the UK. It's effectively a browse that picks up when something is in flash then does some conversion and displays it on yer iPhone. So if you had a flash stream in Brasil it would work no probs.

Also should add that this would appear to only work for the streamed links so if they switch to MW then this approach wouldnt cater for that. I'm still continuing the search for an MW app but reckon it's a cheapie portable radio from Tesco unfortunately.

Cheers! Does ma nut in not being able to stick it on live in the background on a Saturday. I catch a few of the podcasts though. Yeah, tunein have tightened up their expat safety net. Last season, i could occasionally listen to sportsound but no longer, ever. Ach well, at least the podcast cuts out some of the *****e that passes for discussion, although again, if it werent for Tom English, the quality would be badly lacking (apart from his swallowing noises, of course!) :greengrin

London Hibs FC
23-10-2012, 08:49 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, can't find it anywhere.

Col2
23-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Same for me. Anyone?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Flump of the night award to me - sorry.

The app is called SkyFire. Sorry for the mess up. Original posts now corrected.

London Hibs FC
23-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Flump of the night award to me - sorry.

The app is called SkyFire. Sorry for the mess up. Original posts now corrected.

Thanks VP :aok:

Billy Whizz
24-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Can you listen to Sportsound mw with this on Tunein radio

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Can you listen to Sportsound mw with this on Tunein radio

Tunein radio used to work until about a year ago but was only ever on FM as far as
I can recall. The "link" was severed so BBC appears to be able to detect where/how folks are listening in.

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Download the BBC Radio app from the App Store and you can get both Radio Scotland and Nan Gaidheal. I'm assuming they will will broadcast the same as you usually find online.

Iggy Pope
24-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sympathise with you continentals I really do. Tune into TONIGHT'S MATCH THREAD on here and all you get is guff about who is the biggest plastic ma(n)c. Must be hell in Brazil......