PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dougie Freedman appointed Bolton Manager

PatHead
23-10-2012, 02:52 PM
What do the Lancashire Hibees think of his appointment?

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 03:13 PM

Must have left for the money, while they have the parachute payments i am not sure enough of it will find itself on player purchases?

Bolton are in big debt to one guy, cant remember his name, is he happy to keep funding, or will he want paying back?

bingo70
23-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Don't follow much championship football now but seems a strange appointment, was Freedman doing a particularly good job at Palace or does he have a connection to Bolton from his playing days?

LeighLoyal
23-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I wonder if Mixu had an application in. Finland bottom iof Group I.. will need a job soon.

PatHead
23-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't follow much championship football now but seems a strange appointment, was Freedman doing a particularly good job at Palace or does he have a connection to Bolton from his playing days?

Don't remember him at Bolton as a player, infact sure he had 2 spells at Crystal Palace over a long time. He never set the heather on fire as a manager but avoided relegation after Burley. I think they (Palace) had an awful money problem but am not sure if that is resolved.

Owain_1987
23-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Don't remember him at Bolton as a player, infact sure he had 2 spells at Crystal Palace over a long time. He never set the heather on fire as a manager but avoided relegation after Burley. I think they (Palace) had an awful money problem but am not sure if that is resolved.

They have had a lot of money issues and he got them to a league cup semi final.

HibbyAndy
23-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't find it odd in the slightest, Bolton have far more aspirations than Palace to be a better team.

Actually disliked Bolton under Owen Coyle as that man made FAR FAR to many interviews telling all and sundry how to play football and slavered on and on and on and on and on.

Bolton are a bigger club than Palace IMO and have a far better chance to get to the top tier in English football than the Eagles. He would be rude not take the Bolton job.

bingo70
23-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't find it odd in the slightest, Bolton have far more aspirations than Palace to be a better team.

Actually disliked Bolton under Owen Coyle as that man made FAR FAR to many interviews telling all and sundry how to play football and slavered on and on and on and on and on.

Bolton are a bigger club than Palace IMO and have a far better chance to get to the top tier in English football than the Eagles. He would be rude not take the Bolton job.

I don't find it odd he has chosen Bolton over Palace, i think most people would do the same. I think the odd thing was bolton approaching him when he's not really done anything in management has he? As i said earlier though i don't pay much attention to lower league foreign football so happy to be corrected if i'm wrong.

On a sidenote the way you described Coyle is exactly how i feel about Steven Pressley, every time i hear that Hertz tramp on the tele he's telling us how it should be done despite the fact all he's achieved is turning an SPL team into a mid table 1st division side so if Coyle was like that as well then i can see why you'd get annoyed.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 05:42 PM

I agree with you on Coyle, he was found out in England and as you say he's never off the telly with one view or another.

While Bolton have a good recent history, Palace would have double the crowds Bolton got in the Premiership. IMO they are one of the last sleeping giants, and if they could get it right on the pitch, they'd have very good crowds at selhurst park.

HibbyAndy
23-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't find it odd he has chosen Bolton over Palace, i think most people would do the same. I think the odd thing was bolton approaching him when he's not really done anything in management has he? As i said earlier though i don't pay much attention to lower league foreign football so happy to be corrected if i'm wrong.

On a sidenote the way you described Coyle is exactly how i feel about Steven Pressley, every time i hear that Hertz tramp on the tele he's telling us how it should be done despite the fact all he's achieved is turning an SPL team into a mid table 1st division side so if Coyle was like that as well then i can see why you'd get annoyed.

AFAIK Bingo, Freedman has no ties with Bolton at all.

I agree with you on Coyle, he was found out in England and as you say he's never off the telly with one view or another.

While Bolton have a good recent history, Palace would have double the crowds Bolton got in the Premiership. IMO they are one of the last sleeping giants, and if they could get it right on the pitch, they'd have very good crowds at selhurst park.

Every other day i'd come home it was Coyle's face on SSN boring the pants of me, The man certainly loved the sound of his own voice.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Every other day i'd come home it was Coyle's face on SSN boring the pants of me, The man certainly loved the sound of his own voice.

Was that when he was managing Burnley and Bolton in the BARCLAYS Premier League?

Used to drive me mental when I heard him mention this on every single interview that he gave, it was as if he was on some sort of commission from Barclays to mention them as often as he could in one go!

HibbyAndy
23-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Was that when he was managing Burnley and Bolton in the BARCLAYS Premier League?

Used to drive me mental when I heard him mention this on every single interview that he gave, it was as if he was on some sort of commission from Barclays to mention them as often as he could in one go!

Spot on:agree:

The amount of time Coyle name dropped 'Barclays' Premier league was cringeworthy..Dont doubt the guy's ability as a manager but every time i got home from work it would be Barclays this....Barclays that....Maybe,,,Just maybe he took his eye of the ball from the team that mattered instead of doing NUMEROUS tv interview's.

LancsHibs
23-10-2012, 07:42 PM

No connection mate, Freedman never played for Bolton. An odd appointment!

LancashireHibby
24-10-2012, 08:06 PM
No connection mate, Freedman never played for Bolton. An odd appointment!
That's exactly why it's a good appointment - no preconceptions about the squad or the club and can take a fresh look at things. Was at the game away to Wolves last night and everyone was quietly optimistic about Freedman. That said, the appointment hasn't officially been confirmed yet by BWFC and rumours doing the rounds tonight that Ipswich want to try and get him to go there instead!

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Freedman now (finally) appointed officially as Bolton manager :thumbsup:

darwenhibby
25-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Us lancashire Hibees cannot really comment on the Bolton situation cos Bolton is not in Lancashire it is now merely a suburb of Manchester.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Us lancashire Hibees cannot really comment on the Bolton situation cos Bolton is not in Lancashire it is now merely a suburb of Manchester.
Must. Not. Bite. :wink:

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Must. Not. Bite. :wink:

Is Accrington an easy place to find. ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I am surprised that Freedman has moved. Not that I would be able to say which of the two clubs is the biggest or has the most potential, but from his playing days and connections with the team, I had thought that Crystal Palace were very much his team and he is a legend there. If he was to move on, I thought it would have been to a much bigger club. This kinda looks no more than a sidey-ways move.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Is Accrington an easy place to find. ?
Pretty much straight off the M65, not too bad at all. Not much parking around the ground though. Was going to go to that game on Saturday to watch Deeks and Tom Eaves (on loan from Bolton) but stuck in work instead.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I am surprised that Freedman has moved. Not that I would be able to say which of the two clubs is the biggest or has the most potential, but from his playing days and connections with the team, I had thought that Crystal Palace were very much his team and he is a legend there. If he was to move on, I thought it would have been to a much bigger club. This kinda looks no more than a sidey-ways move.
That's exactly why I've been encouraged by it as Freedman obviously sees something with BWFC that was lacking at Palace, and I'm sure being such a big fans favourite at Palace might have normally been a big draw for him to stay put.

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Pretty much straight off the M65, not too bad at all. Not much parking around the ground though. Was going to go to that game on Saturday to watch Deeks and Tom Eaves (on loan from Bolton) but stuck in work instead.

:aok:

Hopefully the two of them starting up-front on Saturday, of what i have seen of Eaves he looks a good prospect. :agree:

LancashireHibby
25-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Hopefully the two of them starting up-front on Saturday, of what i have seen of Eaves he looks a good prospect. :agree:
He came with a big reputation (paid a decent fee for him from Oldham) and he looked way off the pace even at the end of the season. His contract is up in the summer so hopefully he's pulled his socks up since being loaned out.

Haymaker
26-10-2012, 01:34 AM
That's exactly why I've been encouraged by it as Freedman obviously sees something with BWFC that was lacking at Palace, and I'm sure being such a big fans favourite at Palace might have normally been a big draw for him to stay put.

I grew up surrounded by Palace fans and a more deluded bunch you will never meet (outside of a Hearts game obviously).

Freedman might have been a legend there as a player but most of my FB feed from friends have been about how ***** they are, how Freedman cant handle the pressure of such a "big club" ( :rolleyes:) and all the usual ***** despite the club taking, IMHO, a very good forward thinking youth policy that will pay off in the coming years.

Palace fans I know truely believe they deserve to be, at this moment, fighting for the EPL. I even had a friend, a palace season holder and usually a decent fella about footie, tell me that he believed that Simon Jordan should have put his entire £35m personal (IIRC at the time!) into the club so they could win the Champions League a few years back.

Cant bloody stand Palace fans.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2012, 08:24 AM

Is Deek fit for Saturdays game? If he is and playing i might come over and take the game in. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
26-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Is Deek fit for Saturdays game? If he is and playing i might come over and take the game in. :thumbsup:

He is fit and in the squad for tomorrow after his injury BH, don't know if he will be starting yet but if i find out i will try and let you know okay. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2012, 05:33 PM
He is fit and in the squad for tomorrow after his injury BH, don't know if he will be starting yet but if i find out i will try and let you know okay. :aok:

Cheers mate. :aok: