PDA

View Full Version : Deportivo 4 Barca 5

goosano
22-10-2012, 02:48 PM
The Cesc and Lionel applied geometry show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFW1i374Q84)

They will tear Celtic a new one though they are somewhat vulnerable at set pieces

JimBHibees
22-10-2012, 03:13 PM
The Cesc and Lionel applied geometry show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFW1i374Q84)

They will tear Celtic a new one though they are somewhat vulnerable at set pieces

Barca have fabulous players but personally dont think they are the same team this season and are at times woeful at the back.

Think Celtc will lose however Spartak gave Barca a game at Nou Camp and dont see Celtc getting horsed, would be nice if they were though. :greengrin

Big_Franck
22-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Barca have fabulous players but personally dont think they are the same team this season and are at times woeful at the back.

Think Celtc will lose however Spartak gave Barca a game at Nou Camp and dont see Celtc getting horsed, would be nice if they were though. :greengrin

I'd have to disagree with that Jim. They have equalled their best start to the season over the last 20 years.

They have been more vulnerable than usual at the back over the last few games, but that is because they have the whole of their first choice defence out. With Alves, Puyol, Pique and Abidal still out they have had to patch together a defence and have conceded goals as a result. I can see them doing the league and champions league double this season again though.

Because of the situation with the defence I don't think they will hammer Celtic (unfortunately). Also, Messi went away with Argentina and played two games recently, then came back and played the full 90 for Barca. I would put money on him starting on the bench against Celtic which means they might escape with a 2 goal defeat.

EdinMike
22-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I was gonna watch this game then forgot about it, wish I remembered ! Celtic will be lucky to not concede 3 or 4 but may sneak a few too.

That Barca away strip is...well...Sexy I think !

frazeHFC
22-10-2012, 04:05 PM
The own goal was such a composed finish. :tee hee:

Greendub
22-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Celtic will get pumped

john18722
22-10-2012, 06:31 PM
That commentator isn't annoying at all!

nonshinyfinish
22-10-2012, 06:49 PM

:bitchy: Looks like a Calippo.

shetlandhibee
23-10-2012, 01:53 AM
I was gonna watch this game then forgot about it, wish I remembered ! Celtic will be lucky to not concede 3 or 4 but may sneak a few too.

:agree: would be so cool if hibs could do something like that for our away/3rd kit next year:aok:

Teo10
23-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Barca as always could pass their way out of world hunger but are really vaunerable at the back. As mentioned previously, with all of their first choice defence out (puyol back after 5 weeks off then dislocates his elbow) they have had to patch together a defence which has leaked goals but also they have been on fire up top. Pique won't be playing in this match either despite missing the Deportivo game to try recover in time.

Messi wont start the game I dont think. But they will still have Pedro, Villa, Tello etc to worry about up top!

sambajustice
23-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Has Abidal not been forced into retirement??

Thought I heard that and hence the purchase of Jordi Alba??

Teo10
23-10-2012, 07:32 AM

Nope, they thought he wouldn't play again but he started doing some running about 3 weeks ago and trying to incorporate a ball into it. They dont know for sure if he will be back playing but he wants to.

Nothing short of inspiring:agree:

Steve-O
23-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Messi is only 3/1 to score 3 or more goals v Celtic :faf:

lyonhibs
23-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Celtc will, almost certainly, get murdered, but for the best team in the world, Victor Valdes really is a comparatively mediocre keeper. I mean a very good keeper by "normal" standards, but must thank his lucky stars he's a Barca player.

hibbysam
23-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Celtc will, almost certainly, get murdered, but for the best team in the world, Victor Valdes really is a comparatively mediocre keeper. I mean a very good keeper by "normal" standards, but must thank his lucky starts he's a Barca player.

I have to disagree with you there,

He makes a few costly mistakes as Barca just won't play the ball long so every now and again it will go wrong at times at the back, but as a goalkeeper I still don't think theres many better out there.

The other thing I hate is the abuse Busquets takes for the role he plays in the team, although I'd argue he's one of the most influential sitting midfielders in the world.

Big_Franck
23-10-2012, 10:27 AM

There were rumours that he might have to retire when it was first announced that he would have to have a liver transplant. He seems to have recovered unbelievably well since then though and about three weeks ago he completed a 'mini pre-season'. He is now training with the rest of the injured players and hopes to return to full training very soon. Xavi said recently that he is sure Abidal will be back playing this year, possibly even in November.

Big_Franck
23-10-2012, 10:50 AM

He makes a few costly mistakes as Barca just won't play the ball long so every now and again it will go wrong at times at the back, but as a goalkeeper I still don't think theres many better out there.

The other thing I hate is the abuse Busquets takes for the role he plays in the team, although I'd argue he's one of the most influential sitting midfielders in the world.

The 'Valdes is a weaklink' myth is something that has been doing the rounds for years now. He made a mistake against Deportivo and could have done better for Ronaldo's first goal the other week, but he is still one of the best around.

He has now been the undisputed number 1 for nearly a decade at what has been the best team in the world for a lot of that period. He has also won 3 champions leagues in that period, not bad for a mediocre goalkeeper.

Sergio sledge
23-10-2012, 10:56 AM

They certainly struggle a lot more without him, but I think that a lot of the abuse he takes is more because of the fact that he is a diver and a cheat than anything else.

Oh and the Barca strip, I still can't decide if I love it or hate it. Sometimes it looks wonderful and sometimes it looks horrible. :greengrin

Teo10
23-10-2012, 11:55 AM

I think that is more down to the fact that he does dive etc but people are so outraged by that the dont see the fact he is vastly under-rated in his position and Barca do suffer when he doesnt play

jamieross
23-10-2012, 01:20 PM
This game could all depend on what kind of night Valdes wants to have, so many times this season he's been incredibly suspect in goals.