PDA

View Full Version : 12 Years ago today....

HibbyAndy
22-10-2012, 08:00 AM
We pumped them 6-2 :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Twisting, Turning, LOVELY ONE TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flag::flag::flag:

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Mark79
22-10-2012, 08:51 AM
My daughters first birthday today. Never gave the date a thought. Chuffed with that.

HibbyAndy
22-10-2012, 08:55 AM
My daughters first birthday today. Never gave the date a thought. Chuffed with that.

What an anniversary :aok:

Mark79
22-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Glad I called her mixu though.

HibbyAndy
22-10-2012, 09:11 AM

:hilarious

Off the bar
22-10-2012, 09:31 AM
wow, that makes me feel old! feels like only yesterday

lyonhibs
22-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Och, go on then............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUn9IRZoK0

Albanian Hibs
22-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Mixu Paatelainen what a ****ing signing!!!

Greendub
22-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Leveins birthday today too haha

SlickShoes
22-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I was there, what a great night, I remember thinking "och here we go again, playing well and then chuck it away against hearts" when they went 1 nil up, how wrong was I!

silverhibee
22-10-2012, 01:06 PM

:faf::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
22-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Still pisses me off I missed that game.

Was working part time in Tesco at the time and was supposed to finish at 6. Asked to get away early to go to the game and my boss, a yam fud of the highets order, said no. His parting words as I left to watch it on TV was 'chin up, I've saved you sitting through the misery'. The GIRFUY he got was just a little bit special.

Hamish
22-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Still get goosebumps watching Russell's goal.

allezsauzee
22-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I still have an unused ticket for the game at home. Had to be in London through work. If I had any idea of what was going to occur that night i would have to them to ram their job

frazeHFC
22-10-2012, 03:51 PM

:hilarious :thumbsup:

:flag:

SkintHibby
22-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Best football match I've ever been to!

In the place I worked at the time, my Jambo supervisor and Jambo production manager never came back to work for over a week each!!!:faf:

squire
22-10-2012, 04:19 PM
It's also Craig Levein's birthday today which is highly satisfying knowing he will always remember

LeighLoyal
22-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I've got my ticket stub and the green seat I sat in. :thumbsup: 6-2, and they were lucky!

HibbyAndy
22-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I've got my ticket stub and the green seat I sat in. :thumbsup: 6-2, and they were lucky!

I kid you not no one would have batted an eyelid that night if Hibs had got 10 goals, Seems absurd to say but it was the most one sided Derby in living memory, Hibs were outstanding that night and if not for Niemi they would have been looking at double figures, We battered Hearts.

LeighLoyal
22-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I kid you not no one would have batted an eyelid that night if Hibs had got 10 goals, Seems absurd to say but it was the most one sided Derby in living memory, Hibs were outstanding that night and if not for Niemi they would have been looking at double figures, We battered Hearts.

Yeah, we looked like making it 7-1 a few times before Cameron's late effort. I really thought it was going to be 8-1 at least when Latapy scored the sixth. Can't complain though. :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
22-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Niemi was their MOTM for me. You have to watch the whole game to appreciate how much we were on top, particularly in the second half. What a night it was. :flag:

poolman
22-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Best 2 hours late I've ever been going to work on a Monday morning :thumbsup:

CalgaryHibs
22-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I was at that game sitting n the press box next to John Campbell remember that john?? Whata night, and a week before I was at the Rangers game when we beat them 1-0 when David Zitelli scored with right foot.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Not if you've lived as long as me Andy :greengrin 0-7 could and should have been 0-10 or more :agree:

I was at that game sitting n the press box next to John Campbell remember that john?? Whata night, and a week before I was at the Rangers game when we beat them 1-0 when David Zitelli scored with right foot.

I remember it well Ken :thumbsup: We'll need to get you over here for all the derbies if Hibs are gonna do that :greengrin

Jamesie
22-10-2012, 07:55 PM
It was my 20th birthday - my 32nd today and never had as good a present ever since :greengrin

sleeping giant
22-10-2012, 09:01 PM
My Jambo mate was a steward in the Famous Five that night :greengrin

Superb :flag:

Glory Lurker
22-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm totally relaxed about it now, but am I the only person who was a bit peeved at the time that we took our eye off the ball and let Cameron score their second? Mind you, I got over it quickly enough!

What a night that was. We were going to destroy them from the second everyone got out their beds on the Sunday morning. I've never known ER so relaxed at a yams goal as it was when Durie scored. They were always going to get a doing. Easy to forget that Mixu had a goal disallowed at 1-0 too - don't remember much being wrong with it.

Wore my scarf to work the next day and could tell who were jambos just passing them in the street, they were all just shrinking away. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

Why does my heart feel so bad?

3pm
22-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Spooky. My niece's first birthday today as well.

What a coincidence.

Albanian Hibs
22-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Cant believe I missed it due to being on holiday in Turkey :-(

Sir David Gray
22-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm totally relaxed about it now, but am I the only person who was a bit peeved at the time that we took our eye off the ball and let Cameron score their second? Mind you, I got over it quickly enough!

What a night that was. We were going to destroy them from the second everyone got out their beds on the Sunday morning. I've never known ER so relaxed at a yams goal as it was when Durie scored. They were always going to get a doing. Easy to forget that Mixu had a goal disallowed at 1-0 too - don't remember much being wrong with it.

Wore my scarf to work the next day and could tell who were jambos just passing them in the street, they were all just shrinking away. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

Why does my heart feel so bad?

What about when Andy Kirk scored? :confused:

:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2012, 10:33 PM

A Hibs team on fire at that time. I remember turning up at the Rangers game expecting us to win. Same with the Hearts game. The second half was the best I've ever seen Hibs play. I turned to the folk I was with after number 3 and said that this could be any score, it just had that feel about it. Handy that Mixu and 6-2 rhymed :greengrin.

Hungover at work the next day I made a beeline for the canteen. Jambo breakfast chef took one look at me and disappeared with the comment "a' thot Mixu wiz rubbish tae". Classic :flag: