PDA

View Full Version : Barry Ferguson on loan?

LancsHibs
21-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Apparently Barry Ferguson is available on loan, in spite of his cream bun history and his antics when on Scotland duty he could maybe do a job in our midfield, lots of experience etc.. If it was a possibility would you take the Crab? We may be looking for a repacement for Claros in the new year!

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I couldnt take to seeing that hun wear our shirt, it would be just wrong. He's been pish according to my mates for Blackpool, and O'Sbourne is keeping him out. Its a no from me.

You going on friday pal?

LancsHibs
21-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I couldnt take to seeing that hun wear our shirt, it would be just wrong. He's been pish according to my mates for Blackpool, and O'Sbourne is keeping him out. Its a no from me.

You going on friday pal?

Watching on the telly mate:nerd: For the record don't think it would sit easy for me seeing Ferguson in a Hibs shirt either! However, many of the tangerines would like to see him in the team ahead of Ozzy and others, or so I'm told:greengrin BTW saw Wimbledon yesterday at Fleetwood, one George Framcomb in the wombles team, looked decent, at that level.........

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Watching on the telly mate:nerd: For the record don't think it would sit easy for me seeing Ferguson in a Hibs shirt either! However, many of the tangerines would like to see him in the team ahead of Ozzy and others, or so I'm told:greengrin BTW saw Wimbledon yesterday at Fleetwood, one George Framcomb in the wombles team, looked decent, at that level.........

The twins think he's pish, and they know sod all about football but its good enough for me. :greengrin

Jim44
21-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I hope this is a tongue in cheek thread. I couldn't and wouldn't ever under any circumstances accept him in a Hibs team. He's without doubt in my top three most dispicable players of all time.

LancsHibs
21-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I hope this is a tongue in cheek thread. I couldn't and wouldn't ever under any circumstances accept him in a Hibs team. He's without doubt in my top three most dispicable players of all time.

Yes, no bites so far..:shhhsh!:

R'Albin
21-10-2012, 12:26 PM
His history doesn't bother me too much, the fact he's an overrated pile of pish is the reason I would hate to see him play for Hibs.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Very good player in his day, although some folk would rather cut their own wrists than see it or admit it, but he's well past it now.

A no from me.

CalgaryHibs
21-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Apparently Barry Ferguson is available on loan, in spite of his cream bun history and his antics when on Scotland duty he could maybe do a job in our midfield, lots of experience etc.. If it was a possibility would you take the Crab? We may be looking for a repacement for Claros in the new year!

Two words "fcek no!"

lord bunberry
21-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Who are the other two

coco22
21-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Who are the other two
Just what I was typing! Do tell...

SteveHFC
21-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Barry is a bluenose sevco hun loving **** :)

frazeHFC
21-10-2012, 01:25 PM
His history doesn't bother me too much, the fact he's an overrated pile of pish is the reason I would hate to see him play for Hibs.

His history does bother me cos i hate the guy, but i think he is overated too, and he's not getting any younger now as well. :agree:

jgl07
21-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Not he will beoff the Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Oops forgot!

Hibercelona
21-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Barry Ferguson is a total huddy.

So it wouldn't surprise me if we welcomed him in with open arms. :rolleyes:

Jim44
21-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Who are the other two

El Hadji Diouf, Craig Bellamy, Joey Barton, Neil Lennon, Ian Black and going back, Dave Bowman, Steve Kirk ......... Ferguson is down there with all these 'charmers'.

Bostonhibby
21-10-2012, 02:28 PM

I'd rather get the crabs - if this were to happen, I would be staying away until the loan expired.

Ozyhibby
21-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Would take him in a heartbeat if he was fit enough, that's a big if though.
He was nowhere near as good as Rangers fans thought he was but he was nowhere near as bad as everyone else thought he was.

basehibby
21-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Defo a more than decent midfielder who would improve our team presuming he's fit - so, unlike many of the cut-yer-nose-off-to-spite-yer-face brigade, I'd definately take him (once again assuming fit enough).

As far as his personna is concerned I'm perfectly willing to concede that he was an annoying wee nyaff on the pitch and that it was irritating in the extreme how much the OF media creamed their pants over him. That said, just because he was over-rated by the Weedgia does not mean he was not a good player in any case. Also, despite reputation as mr uber-hun, all reports I've heard have him down as a gent to meet face to face - regardless of which team you follow.

So - it's a yes from me - if available I'd take him (should be written in his contract though that should we ever play Sevco he is NOT allowed to take a bow in front of the Ibrox hordes ala Ray Wilkins :sick:)

LeighLoyal
21-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Surely he signs for Sevco in January... 2014 :tee hee:

HTD1875
21-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Please no.

1two
21-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Booooooo

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 04:18 PM
I'd much prefer if we could bring in Bob Malcolm first.

Kris1875
21-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Ferguson w*** w*** w*** , ferguson w*** w*** w*** !!

Bostonhibby
21-10-2012, 04:23 PM
If we are serious about having no standards, maybe a cheeky wee bid for the likes of Kyle Lafferty is in order and we must surely have a coaching role for Graham Rix? loads of experience etc...:blah::blah:

jdships
21-10-2012, 06:02 PM
At 34 his best days ( and there wern't really that many ) are surely behind him .
I honestly believe if he hadn't played for an OF team he wouldn't have had half the caps :na na:
On thinking about it I would rather have Sir Alex Ferguson but then at 70 his best days are probably behind him too.

Seriously surely we have a bit more ambition than to go for ' Barry the Crab' ? :rolleyes:

:flag:

Eyrie
21-10-2012, 06:46 PM
My first thought was "Ye gods, no!"My second thought was flashbacks to watching Ray Wilkins' mercifully brief time at Easter Road.I'm entering therapy for the latter first thing tomorrow.

Tricla
21-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Ferguson w*** w*** w*** , ferguson w*** w*** w*** !!

That chant always brought a smile to my face! :greengrin

Saorsa
21-10-2012, 07:15 PM
absolutely nae ****in' way would I want that ****bag anywhere near Hibs. :bitchy:

adhibs
21-10-2012, 08:32 PM
would be disgusted if we ever signed him, dont think hed want to after the abuse he used to get anyway :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2012, 08:34 PM
We signed Wilkins aged 40 :wink:

Johnny_Leith
21-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Always rated Ferguson, very good player who's career was hampered by injury.

King Dominique
22-10-2012, 11:46 AM
No chance would Ferguson come here, He would want alot more than we can offer he is one of Blackpool's highest earners plus he is holding out for an offer from Middlesborough apparently. The on loan thing is just because he wants to play EVERY WEEK to keep his fitness levels up. It will DEFINATELY not happen however if we could pull it off it would be a great signing don't be fools he does a job a good one at that (even if he does only ever pass it back) .

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2012, 11:52 AM
No chance would Ferguson come here, He would want alot more than we can offer he is one of Blackpool's highest earners plus he is holding out for an offer from Middlesborough apparently. The on loan thing is just because he wants to play EVERY WEEK to keep his fitness levels up. It will DEFINATELY not happen however if we could pull it off it would be a great signing don't be fools he does a job a good one at that (even if he does only ever pass it back) .

Top wages at Blackpool was £10k a week when they were in the premiership. Oyston had it written into each players contract that it would drop to championship levels if the were relegated, which they were.

£7k tops for Ferguson, still happily way out of our price range. :agree: