PDA

View Full Version : Angry man

Piqué
20-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Did anyone else see the hibs fan sticking up the finger and making other offensive gestures to section 43 today? He was probably in his 40s, big guy. Seemed to be taking the piss out of them at every opportunity and at one point it looked like he was squaring up to one of the young boys. What was that all about?

AberdreamHibee
20-10-2012, 10:25 PM
See that a lot at away games...always a few haters of the section 43...at times it is hard to disagree. But at least they create an atmosphere.

wearethehibs
20-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Never noticed it at the game, we'd just laugh that sort of thing of.

Heard a few snide remarks after the game from a few older guys, its just sad really. All were trying to do is support Hibs

Jonnyboy
20-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Heard a few snide remarks after the game from a few older guys, its just sad really. All were trying to do is support Hibs

Ignore them. You do a great job

signed

An older guy

:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
20-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Aye, same old suspect. Some laugh on the way home cause of him. Fair play. Hibs fans throwing threats and insults to a hibby? Embarrasing, let the games begin.

SurferRosa
20-10-2012, 10:38 PM

I never seen the incident but i cannot understand why anybody would direct such vitriol at a group of supporters....of the SAME team....who are trying to create an atmos. I thought Sect 43 were brilliant. Keep it up.

frazeHFC
20-10-2012, 10:42 PM
See that a lot at away games...always a few haters of the section 43...at times it is hard to disagree. But at least they create an atmosphere.

Why? Not having a go, just intrigued to know what it is that you dislike.

God Petrie
20-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Aye seen the boy - think he was taking the piss out of a couple of boys he knew who were joining in with S43 and not actively trying to have a go at S43.

Still did seem a bit of an idiot - not a great fan of some S43 songs but they do add a bit of much-needed atmosphere.

Sergio sledge
20-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Was there with my 4 year old today for his 3rd hibs game and he was loving the drum! Jumping up and down, stamping his feet, clapping his hands. Despite the result he loved it.

One thing though, can you just be a bit quieter, he said his ears were sore from the noise. Maybe wear gloves to muffle the clapping and whisper the chants? ;-)

Seriously, thought s43 were great today, kept at it all game and got everyone else going loads of times!

marinello59
21-10-2012, 05:35 AM
A guy in his forties making gestures like that to other Hibs fans is just rather sad. To be honest I don't actually see what Section43 does that is any different to the way the away support has always been. There has always been a louder element, they just have a name now which seems to make them a target for some.
The drum pre match though........... Maybe just me?:greengrin

BS44
21-10-2012, 07:36 AM
I was watching the results come in on the BBC; Gabby Roslin, Garth Crooks and whatshisname that played for twenty different clubs. Anyway when Ross Co made it 3 2 they went to the ground and the reporter said something along the lines of the goal had silenced the very vocal Hibs support. Must have been the guys and girls of Sect43 he was talking about.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I've hear he and a few others are banding together to form Sectioned43 ;)

Cabbage East
21-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe he was pissed off with the contrived and forced atmosphere caused by a drum and some daft songs that put off others. At the Dundee game some of the sect 43 kids were actually twirling their scarves too.

Golden Bear
21-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Maybe he was pissed off with the contrived and forced atmosphere caused by a drum and some daft songs that put off others. At the Dundee game some of the sect 43 kids were actually twirling their scarves too.

Contrived atmosphere or not, it's always better than nae atmosphere which we've become accustomed to in recent years at ER. Thankfully things are now changing for the better .

greenlex
21-10-2012, 09:11 AM
How can you contrive an atmosphere?

AndyM_1875
21-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Did anyone else see the hibs fan sticking up the finger and making other offensive gestures to section 43 today? He was probably in his 40s, big guy. Seemed to be taking the piss out of them at every opportunity and at one point it looked like he was squaring up to one of the young boys. What was that all about?

How pathetic. The S43 guys bring atmosphere and noise. Good luck to them. Take it that Mr Sad&Angry would rather we all just heard the sound of moaning and rustling sweetie papers.

Keep it up S43!

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Don't know if it was the same bloke but the description fits a fat mess that was sitting in the row behind me, and we were right behind the goal in the second row. I caught on fairly quickly that the point of his day was to make trouble even if that meant starting up against other Hibs fans. Such was the limited vocabulary that it had at its' disposal, that one of the constant expletives that was fired machine gun style at the referee, was along the lines off....f*****g ****** off you f*****g f****r. :confused:

hibIBZ
21-10-2012, 09:47 AM
not a huge fan to the drum tbh, but think sect 43 are doing a good job. really enjoy their displays etc keep it up guys but i might sit a few rows further away from the drum in my next visit to ER

wearethehibs
21-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Dont know where you get this forced atmosphere from? The drum just adds to the atmosphere and helps songs that invole clapping sound better and even a bit more indimitading.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Yip how does this happen? :confused:

Eyrie
21-10-2012, 10:43 AM

By supporting the team in a vocal manner? Outrageous behaviour!

bubblesmorrison
21-10-2012, 02:39 PM
am going to start a group section 42 we are going to all sit together sitting on our hands and just moaning at our own team and fans :greengrin

some people need to get i grip if you don't like the drum sit away from it.

i love the work section 43 are doing keep it up lads :flag:

marinello59
21-10-2012, 03:02 PM
am going to start a group section 42 we are going to all sit together sitting on our hands and just moaning at our own team and fans :greengrin

Nice attitude. And not really fair. It's a bit hard to get away from something when everybody is sat in the same wee low roofed stand. Section 43 gets a lot of well deserved praise but opinion seems to be split over the drum. Pre-kick off yesterday it seemed to be getting banged by somebody with the rythhmic version of Tourettes. However during the match it was toned down a lot and did add to things. Is that comment OK with you or should I just get a grip?

ronaldo7
21-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I was in the Mallard before the game, and some of the Sect 43 guys were in there having a beer and a wee sing song. We decided to sit just along from them at the back of the stand, and they provided some much needed atmosphere to a very quiet ground.

Keep it up guys.:pfgwa

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I just want to say how much i am enjoying the Thread Title :grr::fuming::brickwall:take that:timebomb::slipper::a bite::furious::soapbox: Hope i didnt miss any other appropriate smileys :greengrin

Nuitdelune
21-10-2012, 05:31 PM
We sat next to the Boys and close to the drum on purpose and really enjoyed it. I don't usually like the drum when you hear it on the telly--just seems to be random thumping but the boy on the drum, whether he was regular drum boy or the stand in, I thought, was good. Cheered me up no end throughout and made the loss more bearable. The 'Ivan, Ivan [or other warming up sub as appropriate], gies a wave' was hilarious, and the subs seemed to appreciate it also. I may be easily amused but there you go!

Northern Hibby
21-10-2012, 05:47 PM
S43 was for me superb, I live in Inverness and got a lift to and from game from a county fan (not in a tractor) he thought our supporters were excellent!

Jonnyboy
21-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Deary me. The irony of your user name is quite amusing

Iggy Pope
21-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I have to say my hopes were raised when we got 'you only sing when you're ploughing'. Dearly hoped we might get this followed up with a quick rendition of 'The Merry Ploughboy'. Look it out for the next trip up there!

That might suit some of the age 40+ objectors and open up a whole new singing debate.

FWIW - I thought S43 were Tiptop yesterday and I especially like (Thump! Thump! Thumpthuthuthu Thump) HIBS!

Saorsa
21-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I have to say my hopes were raised when we got 'you only sing when you're ploughing'. Dearly hoped we might get this followed up with a quick rendition of 'The Merry Ploughboy'. Look it out for the next trip up there!

That might suit some of the age 40+ objectors and open up a whole new singing debate.

FWIW - I thought S43 were Tiptop yesterday and I especially like (Thump! Thump! Thumpthuthuthu Thump) HIBS!:singing: Oh i am a merry ploughboy,
And i plough the feilds all day,
'Till a sudden thought came to my mind,
That i should roam away.

:devil::stirrer:

DanTheMan
21-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I was watching the results come in on the BBC; Gabby Roslin, Garth Crooks and whatshisname that played for twenty different clubs. Anyway when Ross Co made it 3 2 they went to the ground and the reporter said something along the lines of the goal had silenced the very vocal Hibs support. Must have been the guys and girls of Sect43 he was talking about.

Not just Sect43, a lot of others including myself were signing:agree:

Jonnyboy
21-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Not just Sect43, a lot of others including myself were signing:agree:

What were you signing likes? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
21-10-2012, 07:42 PM
:singing: Oh i am a merry ploughboy,
And i plough the feilds all day,
'Till a sudden thought came to my mind,
That i should roam away.

:devil::stirrer:

The fellah!
It,s the next verse that puts the cat in tho.....

Now I've always hated slavery
Since the day that I was born
So I am off to join the :lips seal:lips seal:lips seal:
And I'm off tomorrow morn!

Bostonhibby
21-10-2012, 07:52 PM

:greengrin See what you are getting at here but shouldn't you opt for section 44 or higher, thus suggesting an air of discrete superiority over those 43 type ruffians who chose to loudly support their team? :duck:

Juice-Terry
21-10-2012, 07:55 PM
"The angry man" the OP is referring to was indeed just having a go at his mates, not at sec 43. I was standing right behind his mates and the reason why they were having a friendly go at each other was because "the angry man" managed to buy a spare ticket from a fellow Hibby before the game for a tenner while his mates had to pay 20 like the rest of us from the ticket pod. So this has nothing to do with sec 43.

Jonnyboy
21-10-2012, 07:58 PM
"The angry man" the OP is referring to was indeed just having a go at his mates, not at sec 43. I was standing right behind his mates and the reason why they were having a friendly go at each other was because "the angry man" managed to buy a spare ticket from a fellow Hibby before the game for a tenner while his mates had to pay 20 like the rest of us from the ticket pod. So this has nothing to do with sec 43.

Be honest - that's such a good wee story it could be set to music :greengrin

wearethehibs
21-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Thats good then. Thread started over nothing but good debates none the less lol.

GGTTH

ronaldo7
21-10-2012, 08:01 PM
The fellah!
It,s the next verse that puts the cat in tho.....

Now I've always hated slavery
Since the day that I was born
So I am off to join the :lips seal:lips seal:lips seal:
And I'm off tomorrow morn!

So we're all off to Dublin,
In the green, In the green*,
Where the helmets glisten in the sun,
Where the bayonets flash and the rifles crash*,
To the echo of the Thomson gun.

*Other words are available.

legends of 73
21-10-2012, 08:11 PM
section 43's wee ditty to sparky after his warm up :singing:he ****s who he wants,he ****s who he wants leigh griffiths he ****s who he wants:singing: made my mate and me laff and sparky had a wee chuckle as well

kennyh
21-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Didn't go up but my mate is a Staggie and in his GIRFUY text at FT he complimented the Hibs support so well done S43 and all who made the effort to go.

Stuarty27
21-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Section 43 were tremendous yesterday and made the atmosphere great!

Always seem to get a couple of fuds who support our team tho, there was a guy sitting about 5 or 6 rows from the front right behind the goals who was doing my head in the second half constantly swearing at there goalie keeper with some horrendous patter, wasn't even funny banter he was a complete nob! There was also a wee incident in our area when one of our supporters used the c word and a older fellow took offence to it and decided to tell a steward, it was actually quite cringeworthy!

However I that will not take anything away from a great day out and weekend even tho we got beat!

CMac1988
21-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I was in the Mallard before the game, and some of the Sect 43 guys were in there having a beer and a wee sing song. We decided to sit just along from them at the back of the stand, and they provided some much needed atmosphere to a very quiet ground.

Keep it up guys.:pfgwa

The Mallard Was a good wee pub.

Spent the majority of my time with my head in my hands trying to drink a half pint of lager that some nice chap bought me to cure a hangover... Stuck to my J20 though!

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2012, 09:41 PM
The Mallard Was a good wee pub.

Spent the majority of my time with my head in my hands trying to drink a half pint of lager that some nice chap bought me to cure a hangover... Stuck to my J20 though!

We were going to go into The Mallard but it looked like a good few bodies were piled up on the platform meaning that it was busy inside. Headed back into the town for a few and was left with the impression that we were very very welcome. Had a couple in The County Tavern, under the snooker hall and although I have been in better done up boozers, it was obvious that they appreciated the trade. One of the better away days IMO.:agree:

DanTheMan
21-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Section 43 were tremendous yesterday and made the atmosphere great!

Always seem to get a couple of fuds who support our team tho, there was a guy sitting about 5 or 6 rows from the front right behind the goals who was doing my head in the second half constantly swearing at there goalie keeper with some horrendous patter, wasn't even funny banter he was a complete nob! There was also a wee incident in our area when one of our supporters used the c word and a older fellow took offence to it and decided to tell a steward, it was actually quite cringeworthy!

However I that will not take anything away from a great day out and weekend even tho we got beat!

I know exactly who you mean! When RC scored the 3rd goal he went "Fraser you away to s*** a sheep now" And he needed a shower like a week ago.

Fantic
21-10-2012, 10:27 PM
So we're all off to Dublin,
In the green, In the green*,
Where the helmets glisten in the sun,
Where the bayonets flash and the rifles crash*,
To the echo of the Thomson gun.

*Other words are available.

i do like to be beside the seaside
i do like to be beside the sea
with a spade in my hand
and king billy in the sand
beside the seaside
beside the sea

I cannae believe we used to sing that!

JimBHibees
22-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Got to be said Sect 43 really have been a breath of fresh air and I far prefer the atmosphere they provide than the last 2 years of constant moaning and abusing Hibs players from the resident Meldrews in the Hibs support.

StevieC
22-10-2012, 11:05 AM
A guy in his forties making gestures like that to other Hibs fans is just rather sad.

To be fair, the mid-life-crisis years can be difficult for the best of us. :wink:

Ross4356
22-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I think it was the great philosipher Bart Simpson that put it best when he said about S43, "Well, you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't"

Keep up the good work and dinny worry about the people who are moaning, the are in the minority

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Having grown up in the 70s and being part of the punk counter culture there is a lot that stuck in my craw about organised chanting at the football. But the display that Hibs put on at Hampden in May made me see that times change and what was right for our generation, isn't necessarily what's right in the new millenium.

Put it this way, if young people are getting on older people's nerves, they must be doing something right. Keep the faith lads, even if you do look like a bunch of tubes. :greengrin

"The fools only laugh cos they envy you" - Paul Weller said that in 1977.

The Baldmans Comb
22-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Loved the drum,loved the atmosphere and loved the songs.

You guys are a credit to Hibs and keep up the great work.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Having grown up in the 70s and being part of the punk counter culture there is a lot that stuck in my craw about organised chanting at the football. But the display that Hibs put on at Hampden in May made me see that times change and what was right for our generation, isn't necessarily what's right in the new millenium.

Put it this way, if young people are getting on older people's nerves, they must be doing something right. Keep the faith lads, even if you do look like a bunch of tubes. :greengrin

:agree: :greengrin

clerriehibs
22-10-2012, 09:54 PM

:idea:

You can do a bit of terraforming on Mars ...