PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Ross Co 3 v 2 Hibs

Pages : 1 [2]

Heisenberg
20-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Embarrassing the fans again if we can’t beat a team like Ross County then Fenlon give it up, Hibs getting beat by Ross County - how low we have sunk – and worse there will still be ‘fans ‘ that support this regime.

What we have become?………………….

The team from the Capital with many more resources that the piddly wee mob from a wee town that pays them next to **** all and we loose and not for the first time.

I thought Fenlon had maybe turned it round but we are at the exact same level points wise that we were last season

What a Joke................

Wow.

Keith_M
Embarrassing the fans again if we can’t beat a team like Ross County then Fenlon give it up, Hibs getting beat by Ross County - how low we have sunk – and worse there will still be ‘fans ‘ that support this regime.

The team from the Capital with many more resources that the piddly wee mob from a wee town that pays them next to **** all and we loose and not for the first time.

I thought Fenlon had maybe turned it round but we are at the exact same level points wise that we were last season

This season
played 10 points 15

Last season
played 10 points 10

Who's the joke now?

SaulGoodman

The only jokes your post.. Sorry but **** off.

Jim44
We are still there to be beaten by any team. Our reasonably good but lucky start to the season has included a few games we've won but should have lost. A top six place is possible but I think we'll end up with a bottom six place. Thank God for Dundee.

lucky
20-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Only joke is your over the top reaction to this result. Celtic win the league by a mile and Dundee will be relegated by a mile. Rest will take points of each other through put the season

Fergus52
20-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Firstly, is this post supposed to be ironic or not? I sincerely hope for your sake that it is, if it's not that I'm going to admit that just now it is a bit embarrassing to be a hibee due to all the idiot ********s that follow us.

Secondly, if your going to slaver pish, try and make it an opinion, rather than an outright lie (see bit in bold)

NOLA
20-10-2012, 04:01 PM

didnae back the cabbage did you?

Hibstrooper
20-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Either :fishin: :crazy: or :lolyam:

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 04:02 PM
We are still there to be beaten by any team. Our reasonably good but lucky start to the season has included a few games we've won but should have lost. A top six place is possible but I think we'll end up with a bottom six place. Thank God for Dundee.

and hertz :cb

Jones28
20-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm, you do know this is the firdt ever league game between the two teams. :hmmm:

I think this shows just how short we are in terms of quality. It only needs two or three players out and the quality drops immensely. TBF to Fenlon, he has already admitted as much.

This is hibs.net remember, anything but an over reaction simply will not do :agree: ;)

LeighLoyal
20-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Somebody has to sort that defence out! :fuming:

hibbill2002
20-10-2012, 04:05 PM

looser

Hibs7
We should be beating, St Johnstone, St Mirren, ICT, Ross C and teams like that on a regular basis, we pay more have bigger crowds yet still struggle, that is just not good enough !!!!

Keith_M
we had nine points last season, *****.

criticize all you like, but making up lies to try and downgrade the team you apparently support, don't you think thats a bit low?

I was contradicting the guy that made up the cr*p about only being on the same points.

Oh and what's with the childish name calling? You've just made yourself look an *rse twice in the same post. Well done.

DarlingtonHibee

The only embarrassment is your post :rolleyes:

McHibby
Away and fling pish at yersel.

:tee hee: That made me chuckle.

On a slightly brighter note, County winning means they have leapfrogged Hearts who I think are joint 2nd bottom.

Thecat23

Your coming over a bit of a roaster with a honking post like that. So according to you Fenlon should prob go and we should prob just give up because we got beat from a team who had one of the best home records in the UK. Away and empty your sacks, you might feel better.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Typical Hibs - we win a few games then think the hard work's been done. We get carried away in our own hype and spout in the papers how we're such a better team this season.

Does my head in.

:grr:

Fergus52
20-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Till we can go to the likes of Ross County and win , we are not going to challenge in the top half of the league. If we are honest, most Hibs fans would have feared the worst heading up there which says it all.

Inverness are a similarly small club who used to always beat us at their ground. I seem to remember seasons we'd go there and get beat but still come 3rd or 4th.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked half of twelve was six, no?

nonshinyfinish

Jeezo, what a drama queen.

SteveHFC
Embarrasing that is all

Curly1875
20-10-2012, 04:09 PM

It's one game ffs

Broken Gnome

I know, damn those 700 that actually travelled to Dingwall to be a 'fan'. How dare they. Killing the club by following this murderous regime.

Many apologies, that's not actually true so we'll all have to denounce the rest of your post as incorrect pish as well. Sorry about that.

Beefster
Embarrasing that is all

Uh ho. You're going to get called all sort of childish names...

Beefster
20-10-2012, 04:10 PM
That piddly wee mob have players on over 10k a week, regardless of whether they choose to pay them or not. Our resources are stretched as they are. And you're right, that not the first tme we've ever lost a game. Well noticed.

I'm fairly sure the 'piddly wee mob' was Ross County.

Franck Stanton
20-10-2012, 04:10 PM

Take it you're one of the "supporters" that, when we win a game spout the "we're gonna win the league" pish and then when we lose you come out with crap like this. Take a wee bit advice , have a wee sit down, drink a cup o' tea and calm down. We lost a game to a team that has only lost one game in how many months ? Not the end of the world, dissappointing yes, but hey , it's Hibs we are talking about here no' Barcelona. In short, GET A GRIP

RoYO!
20-10-2012, 04:11 PM
For the hertz fans looking in, and posting for that matter, how does it feel to be 'doing a sevco'?!

#maroonsevco

Alfred E Newman
20-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Hmmmm, you do know this is the firdt ever league game between the two teams. :hmmm:

I think this shows just how short we are in terms of quality. It only needs two or three playersrs out and the quality drops immensely. TBF to Fenlon, he has already admitted as much.

I think we have only played them 3 times , twice in the cup, and have managed one draw and two defeats. :brickwall

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Our back line had a bad day today. Bit odd that you could hear Williams shouting and organising during the first half, except when him and McPake got in a guddle. After that, you could see the confidence evaporate. But it is only an away defeat and a difficult ground, so no need for the panic button.

Fergus52
20-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I was contradicting the guy that made up the cr*p about only being on the same points.

Oh and what's with the childish name calling? You've just made yourself look an *rse twice in the same post. Well done.

You have my apologies, I deleted the post when I realised I'd read yours wrong and that what you were saying actually supported my point.

Sorry for the name-calling too, I just tend to get a bit wound up when some posters have a breakdown over one poor result

Broken Gnome
20-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm fairly sure the 'piddly wee mob' was Ross County.

Oops, Mis-read, well noted :doh:

silverhibee
20-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Bring on the Well. :agree:

Hibs7
20-10-2012, 04:21 PM
We have the worst away defence in the SPL so not looking forward to the Motherwell game.

Hovehibby
20-10-2012, 04:25 PM

I really hope you're taking the p*ss

One bad result mate, we shouldn't have lost in Dingwall but we've not had any luck up there recently. We're still top 6, which is the realistic target after the last couple of seasons.

Anyone who thinks there's been no improvement from last season should get a grip. We're no world beaters yet but we're a damn sight better than last season.

Gets on my t*ts when the knives come out like this. I'm still relatively new to this forum, but some of it just depresses me. Get behind the team and support then,

Hovehibby
20-10-2012, 04:25 PM

This!

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 04:34 PM

One bad result mate, we shouldn't have lost in Dingwall but we've not had any luck up there recently. We're still top 6, which is the realistic target after the last couple of seasons.

Anyone who thinks there's been no improvement from last season should get a grip. We're no world beaters yet but we're a damn sight better than last season.

Gets on my t*ts when the knives come out like this. I'm still relatively new to this forum, but some of it just depresses me. Get behind the team and support then, !

seriously, really no need for that, the poster you're abusing really should know better by now not to say anything negative about us on here when we get beat, he's getting enough abuse already for having differing views, we all handle bad/poor results differently

Feed McGraw
20-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Inverness are a similarly small club who used to always beat us at their ground. I seem to remember seasons we'd go there and get beat but still come 3rd or 4th.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked half of twelve was six, no?

You make it sound like we`ve had regular 3rds and 4ths ! Rod needs another spin doctor, apply now . :greengrin

Franck Stanton
20-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Anyone

frazeHFC
20-10-2012, 04:37 PM

:agree:

Still disappointed i couldn't make today, even though we lost. Still cannot wait for Motherwell away. They do have a good squad but we have showed we can score goals so just need to defend well (no pun intended) and hopefully we have a good support through. :thumbsup:

I urge those who are undecided whether to go to get yourselve's there, will be a good support. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Anyone

no, i don't ? i maybe don't agree with all of his views but it doesn't entitle me to call him a yamboid

english_hibee
20-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Gets on my t*ts when the knives come out like this. I'm still relatively new to this forum, but some of it just depresses me. Get behind the team and support then, !

This. Do people here honestly expect us to go all season without a disappointing result? Good progress has been made at ER, not ****** miracles!!! Of course there are going to be disappointments, but onwards and upwards I say :flag:

Fergus52
20-10-2012, 04:41 PM
You make it sound like we`ve had regular 3rds and 4ths ! Rod needs another spin doctor, apply now . :greengrin

It wasn't meant to come across like that haha!

I was just saying that when teams come 3rd or 4th they don't win every single game against weaker opposition and shouldn't be expected to

SneakersO'Toole
20-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Its a poor result in my book.

That said, beat Motherwell next week and all will be forgiven. 3points from these 2 away games would be a decent return.

dmc1875
20-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Its a poor result in my book.

That said, beat Motherwell next week and all will be forgiven. 3points from these 2 away games would be a decent return.

Poor result yes, probably a bit unlucky. The best Hibs teams over the last 10-15 years always struggled at places you would expect them
To win (livi, ict, st mirren etc) so lets not go OTT.

It would be typical Hibs to now go and beat Motherwell and I'm relishing Friday!

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 04:50 PM
st.johnstone record 5 straight league wins for the first time in 41 years :shocked:

Feed McGraw
20-10-2012, 04:54 PM
It wasn't meant to come across like that haha!

I was just saying that when teams come 3rd or 4th they don't win every single game against weaker opposition and shouldn't be expected to

I know, just having a wee laugh as you already know. We`ll win on Friday and be at least third. :aok:

Pretty Boy
20-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I really worry about how some folk on.this board react to bad news in their day to day life. Talk about hysterics.

Yes, today was a bad result and the performance was pretty poor by all accounts. However do people really think we have progressed so much from the mess of the last 3 years that we can expect to just stroll up to Dingwall and take 3 points? We slag Hearts for their big team push but how disrespectful are some being about Ross County? They might be a 'piddly wee mob' from a small town but they are also a decent side who will be nowehere near relegation this year.

I get as upset as anyone about losing games but a couple of weeks ago se were talking about Europe and 2nd place, now its embarrassing the fans and no progress. We really do go from one extreme to the other ridiculously quickly.

Bad day at the office, there will be plenty more of them this season and plenty good ones as well. From where we have come progress is going to be one step at a time, maybe looking at the bigger picture at times wouldn't hurt.

LancashireHibby
20-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Poor result but not exactly worthy of a lynch mob given how good a start to the season we've had. Still fancy us to get at least a point on Friday.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't think it's embarrassing to lose to Ross County, more embarrassing to lose to Dundee as they really are a 1st division side.

Ross County will do ok this season and will be well clear of relegation. There really is nowt much between most of the teams in the league.

marinello59
20-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't think it's embarrassing to lose to Ross County, more embarrassing to lose to Dundee as they really are a 1st division side.

Ross County will do ok this season and will be well clear of relegation. There really is nowt much between most of the teams in the league.

Spot on.

Stevie Reid
20-10-2012, 05:04 PM

You couldn't be more clueless. We have 15 points from ten games - last season we secured our 15th point of the season in a 1-1 draw with Inverness at ER on 28 December 2011. Our 20th game

Alex Trager
20-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I think folk are over-reacting a little here, sure hibs should've at least had a point but it never happened today. I wouldnt be so worried about it though guys, we've plenty time to keep on pushing up the league, teams are taking points of most teams no need for the panic button.

marinello59
20-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Ross County are a very well run club on and off the pitch who put a lot of the more established clubs to shame. It was a bad result today but certainly no disgrace.

Alex Trager
20-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Poor result but not exactly worthy of a lynch mob given how good a start to the season we've had. Still fancy us to get at least a point on Friday.

this

basehibby
20-10-2012, 05:10 PM

New sheets please Matron!

hibs0666
20-10-2012, 05:11 PM

:faf:

Hovehibby
20-10-2012, 05:16 PM
seriously, really no need for that, the poster you're abusing really should know better by now not to say anything negative about us on here when we get beat, he's getting enough abuse already for having differing views, we all handle bad/poor results differently

Yeah, we do handle bad results differently, but talking about getting rid if the manager after 1 bad result is a wee bit of overkill. Some folk are half-glass-empty in their outlook, but I'd rather draw on the positives that we're 4th in the league and have a winning recird( albeit at home, away's not great)

Sorry if my post offended, but I don't think that today's result( bad as it was, and by reports the defence was really bad) will define our season.

I remain with a glass half full!

basehibby
20-10-2012, 05:20 PM
We should be beating, St Johnstone, St Mirren, ICT, Ross C and teams like that on a regular basis, we pay more have bigger crowds yet still struggle, that is just not good enough !!!!

In an ideal world - yes absolutely. But remember please where we were only 6 months ago - struggling against the drop. The team was never going to be turned into world beaters over night but it's fair to say we have seen substantial improvement.

There will be results like this along the way but if, as I believe will be the case, the overall improvements in performances and results is maintained then that IS good enough IMO.

Feed McGraw
20-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Ross County are a very well run club on and off the pitch who put a lot of the more established clubs to shame. It was a bad result today but certainly no disgrace.

That`s very true, but I think what most folk get upset about with Hibs is that "good Hibs" or "bad Hibs" they are pretty predictable in fixtures like this, it is still always disappointing though.

chrisski33
20-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Have the bed wetters suddenly resurfaced cos we lost a game?

essexhibee
20-10-2012, 05:57 PM
People need to calm down. Bad day at the office and we move on with a better result in the next game.

Well done Griffiths on getting your 6th league goal. Keep it up son. Feel if we can secure Leigh on a long contract he easily has the potential to become a cult hero at the club...deek-esque.

Actually think he's a better player than Riordan was in his prime. Controversial :greengrin

bingo70
20-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I've been watching this thread on I-spy and everyone is telling everyone to calm down and to stop over-reacting.

I think there is only about 2 folk who are actually over reacting, got visions of people standing around their laptops like scousers......"calm down, calm down......" :greengrin

Heisenberg
20-10-2012, 06:01 PM
The manager himself has openly admitted there will be good days and bad days this season. We've had a good start but are far from the finished article, hopefully today's result has brought that home to both players and fans. The league this season outside of Celtc and bottom placed Dundee is extremely even and every team has the ability to win against their opposition. Bring on Friday!

Hibercelona
20-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Why do people keep saying we are "unlucky"?

Have we just been unlucky since 1875, without their being any other possible factors for losing games that we should clearly be winning regularly?

Teams like Ross County should be no match for us, with or without luck.

Feed McGraw
20-10-2012, 06:08 PM
People need to calm down. Bad day at the office and we move on with a better result in the next game.

Well done Griffiths on getting your 6th league goal. Keep it up son. Feel if we can secure Leigh on a long contract he easily has the potential to become a cult hero at the club...deek-esque.

Actually think he's a better player than Riordan was in his prime. Controversial :greengrin

Bad day at the office ? Naw, Sorry, this was a normal day at the office for Hibs. I am still reasonably happy though, coz we are definitely MUCH better than we have been for a few years.

Stuarty27
20-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Just arrived back at the hotel we are staying this weekend up north after being at today's game.

Having spent the best part of £500 and travel 200+ miles over the weekend to come and watch that today I will share a couple of my thoughts.

First I thought the atmosphere was really good in the stadium. The hibs fans never stopped singing all thru the game and personally think we deserved more from what was on offer from our players.

Result wise I thought a draw would of been a fair result.

Personally I was really dissipointed with Tom Taiwo, was expecting a lot more from him.

The best player on the park was there number 11 he looked a class above everyone.

Sweet Left Peg
20-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Hibs were sloppy at the back today which cost them the game. Williams made a complete erse of the second (and was lucky the guy was honest and didn't go down at the edge of the box as he made contact with him). We created some chances and a draw was the right result but if we play with two defensive midfielders then we need two flying and positive wingers - which we don't have.

We are more solid and tougher to beat than we have been for a long time, but I would like to see us playing with more guile and creativity. For the record, I like Wotherspoon and Cairney, just that they don't suit the two holding players.

Sweet Left Peg
20-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Just arrived back at the hotel we are staying this weekend up north after being at today's game.

Having spent the best part of £500 and travel 200+ miles over the weekend to come and watch that today I will share a couple of my thoughts.

First I thought the atmosphere was really good in the stadium. The hibs fans never stopped singing all thru the game and personally think we deserved more from what was on offer from our players.

Result wise I thought a draw would of been a fair result.

Personally I was really dissipointed with Tom Taiwo, was expecting a lot more from him.

The best player on the park was there number 11 he looked a class above everyone.

Agreed. We could do a lot worse than Ian Vigurs (11). He was the best player on the pitch - good touch, intelligent awareness, direct when needed and plays the right pass. Over 90 minutes, he had all 4 of our defenders on the back foot. He would improve our midfield.

fatbloke
20-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Somebody has to sort that defence out! :fuming:

That eh Colin Calderwood was a good defender maybe he is the man:greengrin

PatHead
20-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Was at the game and our defence was poor. Really missed Clancy and Deegan. Made plenty of chances though and didn't look like losing in the 2nd half. Referee was awful and the booking of 3 Hibs players for dissent highlighted his poor performance and the frustration at his performance.

Thought Griffiths should have scored when he hit the bar. McGivern did well enough but Maybury struggled.

Support with one exception was great and...................................

finally thanks to the big, fat, loud, old, ugly guy behind the goals for his continual use of the "c" word in front of kids that were sitting all around him.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2012, 09:15 PM
We were poor in the first half and fortunate to get to half time at 2-2, I thought.

Second half, I thought we were the better side and on another day we would have scored about two or three in that second 45 minutes and possibly have come away with 3 points. Defensively we were really poor though and it's something that we must improve on if we want to stay at the top of the league.

I thought a draw would have been a fair result today but we lost and we need to dust ourselves down and get on with it. We have a big game now on Friday at Fir Park and we need to get back to winning ways.

We've not won in our last 4 games away from Easter Road now and we need to put that right.

A mention must go to the referee as well. Although he was in no way responsible for our defeat, he gave one of the worst and most biased refereeing performances that I have ever seen.

Absolutely horrendous and hopefully that will be his last appearance at an SPL match for the foreseeable future.

Piquι
20-10-2012, 09:18 PM
That guy who was sticking up the finger and making other offensive gestures towards section 43/all the singers. What was that all about?

PatHead
20-10-2012, 09:22 PM
That guy who was sticking up the finger and making other offensive gestures towards section 43/all the singers. What was that all about?

Didn't see him. Hibs supporter? (if you can call him that)

Thought S43 were good today.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Have to admit I'm a wee bit disappointed that we didnt at least get a draw today. Things are so close in the SPL that a few good results strung together could make a huge difference to our season.

Never mind though ... a decent result at Motherwell would put us back on track, but we need to defend better by the sound of things.

Will definately be going.

C.mon the Hibees !!!

Piquι
20-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Didn't see him. Hibs supporter? (if you can call him that)

Thought S43 were good today.

Yeah, he was probably in his 40s. Looked like he was squaring up to one of the young boys at one point too. Not really sure what the problem was.

Bobo
20-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Defensive frailties cost us against a team we should never lose against. No point in scoring twice if your defence is piss losing three goals today is unacceptable imo.

PatHead
20-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Defensive frailties cost us against a team we should never lose against. No point in scoring twice if your defence is piss losing three goals today is unacceptable imo.

Why? They are an SPL team on merit and we were playing them away. No games away from home should be easy in this league or it wouldn't be worth watching.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Why? They are an SPL team on merit and we were playing them away. No games away from home should be easy in this league or it wouldn't be worth watching.

Agree. Take away Celtc and probably Dundee at the bottom and there's nothing between the rest of the teams. We're just as likely to lose than beat any of the other teams.

SurferRosa
20-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, he was probably in his 40s. Looked like he was squaring up to one of the young boys at one point too. Not really sure what the problem was.

There really are some twats cutting aboot. I thought Sect 43 were outstanding. My wee boy was at the game with me today and he thought they were terrific...before the kick off they were great and it never let up till the final whistle. Well done to them all. Brilliant.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, we do handle bad results differently, but talking about getting rid if the manager after 1 bad result is a wee bit of overkill. Some folk are half-glass-empty in their outlook, but I'd rather draw on the positives that we're 4th in the league and have a winning recird( albeit at home, away's not great)

Sorry if my post offended, but I don't think that today's result( bad as it was, and by reports the defence was really bad) will define our season.

I remain with a glass half full!

concur with the bit in bold :agree: i wasn't offended as it wasn't directed at me :greengrin i just dislike seeing hibs fans calling each other nawty names just because it's a differing few :) peace has broken out now :cb

LeighLoyal
20-10-2012, 11:07 PM
And Queens Park couldn't even cheer me up. Useless! :rolleyes: I do think we have progressed under Fenlon but today is a reminder that it's still early days and there will be poor results.

hibIBZ
20-10-2012, 11:14 PM
obv dissapointed but deffinetly not the end of the world. we are scoring goals which is good.
tough away venue ( celtic struggled there aswell) defence needs work but an improvement on last season
rome wasnt built in a day.....

Golden Bear
21-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the accuracy Derek Adams's post match but let's just say he sounds delighted with their win:-

"It was a big performance from us. Hibs weren't in the game in the first half. We came in at 2-2 at half-time undeservedly so. Hibernian had two chances but we had all of the play. We were by far the better team. We knew today we would beat Hibernian. We knew we had the characters in the team and we had the better players. We had watched them, we knew their weaknesses, we knew we were going to win"

To me it sounds like a statement from a very determined guy who might be bearing a grudge.

Hibs7
21-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the accuracy Derek Adams's post match but let's just say he sounds delighted with their win:-

"It was a big performance from us. Hibs weren't in the game in the first half. We came in at 2-2 at half-time undeservedly so. Hibernian had two chances but we had all of the play. We were by far the better team. We knew today we would beat Hibernian. We knew we had the characters in the team and we had the better players. We had watched them, we knew their weaknesses, we knew we were going to win"

To me it sounds like a statement from a very determined guy who might be bearing a grudge.

Glad he left Hibs with that attitude, by all accounts they were lucky in the second half, let's stuff them at ER.

Hainan Hibs
21-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Disappointed with the loss and I hope work on the defence is done over this week as shipping 3 goals to Ross County is pretty piss poor.

Will be expecting these type of results here and there due to the position we were in last season, just so long as they do not become a habit.

Craig_in_Prague
21-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Had a feeling we'd lose. Lets face it any SPL manager with Hibs up at home next is going to be pleased. Thankfully our home form has been reasonable. Can see Motherwell scoring 3+ against us next Friday.

truehibernian
21-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Glad he left Hibs with that attitude, by all accounts they were lucky in the second half, let's stuff them at ER.

Whether you like it or not, it's the right attitude and whilst some see it as over confident it's the attitude I want to see from Hibs and our management team and players - of course it's perhaps an attitude that's there to be shot at but that's Derek Adams - he instills belief or his side wouldn't have gone unbeaten so long.

I said midweek this would be a very tricky game with many in their squad with a point to prove - I'm hugely disappointed but not surprised - this Hibs side will lose more than a few games this season and yesterday proved we are still two or three players short. It's a game you should be looking at one point minimum if you want top 3/4.

Friday is a very very important game now - I don't want to see Hibs licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves. 'Well are a side we do well against at Fir Park and I just hope we get the fight back and take the game to them. The away record/form is not great and it's a worry for me.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Whether you like it or not, it's the right attitude and whilst some see it as over confident it's the attitude I want to see from Hibs and our management team and players - of course it's perhaps an attitude that's there to be shot at but that's Derek Adams - he instills belief or his side wouldn't have gone unbeaten so long.

I said midweek this would be a very tricky game with many in their squad with a point to prove - I'm hugely disappointed but not surprised - this Hibs side will lose more than a few games this season and yesterday proved we are still two or three players short. It's a game you should be looking at one point minimum if you want top 3/4.

Friday is a very very important game now - I don't want to see Hibs licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves. 'Well are a side we do well against at Fir Park and I just hope we get the fight back and take the game to them. The away record/form is not great and it's a worry for me.

It's the right attitude to have behind closed doors but absolutely no need to come out in the media and talk like that.

Disagree about Friday being a very very big game now, in all likely hood we'll get beat as we're away from home against a better team than us but even if we do get beat it'll still have been a good start to the season, i think it's important we don't get carried away by a couple of defeats against decent sides.

IMO our target is still to be challenging for the top six, if we can keep picking up home wins and winning the odd away game we'll be making good progress.

truehibernian
21-10-2012, 11:10 AM
It's the right attitude to have behind closed doors but absolutely no need to come out in the media and talk like that.

Disagree about Friday being a very very big game now, in all likely hood we'll get beat as we're away from home against a better team than us but even if we do get beat it'll still have been a good start to the season, i think it's important we don't get carried away by a couple of defeats against decent sides.

IMO our target is still to be challenging for the top six, if we can keep picking up home wins and winning the odd away game we'll be making good progress.

Fair points mate but I disagree - the rest of the SPL are significantly weaker other than Dundee Utd and St Johnstone (who really surprise me with their ability to both sign and retain players I have to say).

Friday is a very important game. Lose it and we record a '1 win,3 losses' record in the last 4 games. The win coming against a terrible Dundee side. I'm not bed wetting, just want to see a very determined Hibs on Friday and getting something from the game.

As for Adams, that's the way the man is. Ask any fourth official they'll tell you he's probably the least liked manager/asst manager to have in your ear on the touch line. But you simply cannot ignore his record as a manager. For those that think he's being disrespectful, read some of Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho's/Lennon/Strachan post match comments over the years.

Humility is a lovely quality to have in life - in football it doesn't win you leagues and cups sadly. I've no real issue with his comments - his players clearly play for him that's what matters. Just wish we'd grabbed the win so he'd no place to make the comments in the first place.