PDA

View Full Version : Vote on 11-1 change

WhileTheChief..
19-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Not seen this posted anywhere but Radio Scotland reporting that at the SPL meeting on Monday there will be the vote to change the voting structure from the 11-1 to 9-3.

Also saying that 2 or 3 clubs are against it and there could be 'civil war' in the SPL if it doesn't go through.

They will also decide on a punishment for Them.

Its on the first few minutes of the podcast from this evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot#playepisode1

HH81
19-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Why would anyone apart from Celtic be against it?

PatHead
19-10-2012, 09:25 PM
As the second team in the league gets a fortune I would guess Motherwell will be one of the clubs voting for status quo. Killie as well because Johnstons a fud

davcar
19-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Freelance journo on twitter claimed the 3 were Celtic, us and Aberdeen!!

Spike Mandela
19-10-2012, 09:38 PM
This would be a massive own goal and short termism in the extreme by SPL clubs. Only this country would be daft enough to miss an oppurtunity like this.

If Hibs are involved in this they deserve all they get.

Peevemor
19-10-2012, 09:43 PM
It could be that some clubs want a simple majority (ie. 7-5) as opposed to 9-3. Voting against a given proposal doesn't have to mean that you're against change.

Mikey
19-10-2012, 09:50 PM
It could be that some clubs want a simple majority (ie. 7-5) as opposed to 9-3. Voting against a given proposal doesn't have to mean that you're against change.

You could be onto something there. Hibs and Aberdeen have done nothing in the past to suggest that they would be against the change. It's more likely that the changes mooted don't go far enough!

vanNISHtelroy
19-10-2012, 10:04 PM
As the second team in the league gets a fortune I would guess Motherwell will be one of the clubs voting for status quo. Killie as well because Johnstons a fud

Wouldn't overly surprise me but hopefully he won't be that stupid...and yes, yes he is!

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
19-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Petrie and Milne have been most in favour of change so I doubt they will vote against.
Weren't the so called gang of ten meetings at Stewart Milne's house?

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't understand the rush in pushing this change. It's not as if Sevco are going to be in the SPL anytime soon. It antagonises Celtic (since it's aimed at them, really) at a time when we should be looking to move forward with what we've now got. I think it would be a better idea to leave it until the end of the season and review it then comprehensively (along with possible ideas for rejigging the leagues).

Cabbage East
19-10-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't understand the rush in pushing this change. It's not as if Sevco are going to be in the SPL anytime soon. It antagonises Celtic (since it's aimed at them, really) at a time when we should be looking to move forward with what we've now got. I think it would be a better idea to leave it until the end of the season and review it then comprehensively (along with possible ideas for rejigging the leagues).

No offence mate but I think you're being naive in the extreme if you think Sevco won't be in the top division within the next 2 seasons. There will be a reshuffle and probably a breakaway top division which will include them. There's no way they're just going to plod away and work their way back up the leagues til they hit the SPL. They will be accommodated one way or the other.

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2012, 11:06 PM
No offence mate but I think you're being naive in the extreme if you think Sevco won't be in the top division within the next 2 seasons. There will be a reshuffle and probably a breakaway top division which will include them. There's no way they're just going to plod away and work their way back up the leagues til they hit the SPL. They will be accommodated one way or the other.

How? Any reconstruction would need a vote, which needs an 11-1 majority in the SPL. They would also need to leapfrog a bunch of SFL clubs, who would surely look to protect (or enhance) their interests. It isn't going to happen.

Anyhow, it looks like the SPL will have more pressing matters next week (Yam wages and Huns issues).

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2012, 11:29 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20013658

Scottish Premier League clubs will next week consider a proposal to change the league's voting structure.

An 11-1 majority is required for major changes, such as re-distribution of wealth, and some clubs want all votes to be decided by a 9-3 majority.

However, BBC Scotland understands up to three clubs will vote against the proposal, stopping any major changes.

Should the motion be defeated, ongoing discussions over league reconstruction could be halted as a result.

Those in favour of change are keen to achieve a 75% majority system before next month's vote on re-distribution of wealth and further talks over Scotland's league set-up.

Delayed payment of player wages at Hearts will be the first item on the agenda at Monday's meeting.

Sounds like the proposal to change from 11-1 voting is attached to the reconstruction plans. If you don't like the plans, then you have to vote against the voting change. Given the rumoured identities of the clubs voting against (Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic) it makes me think the plans call for Sevco to be advanced up the leagues more quickly. But as I said before, if you can't get the 11-1 majority in favour, it won't happen.

KWJ
20-10-2012, 12:45 AM
They should get this done pretty sharpish, I thought the original talk was 8-4. However it goes though it surely won't last long as reconstruction has to happen. Then hopefully something like 10-4 or better yet 12-4.

lord bunberry
20-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I would go for an 8-4 voting structure. The problem with the 9-3 is that when sevco return it will only take 1 other club like killie for example to be given a backhander to vote with the old firm

McD
20-10-2012, 07:20 AM
I would go for an 8-4 voting structure. The problem with the 9-3 is that when sevco return it will only take 1 other club like killie for example to be given a backhander to vote with the old firm

That still wouldn't stop a given motion passing, as there would be 9 voting for it, and therefore motion passed. The old firm would need to have 2 other clubs vote with them to stop a motion passing.

lord bunberry
20-10-2012, 07:25 AM
That still wouldn't stop a given motion passing, as there would be 9 voting for it, and therefore motion passed. The old firm would need to have 2 other clubs vote with them to stop a motion passing.

They would have to pay killie and maroonsevco then :greengrin

Caversham Green
20-10-2012, 08:49 AM

I agree. I don't think there's any reason why other clubs shouldn't benefit from the structure while Sevco are out of the picture, and if reconstruction ever does take place the voting structire will automatically change because there will no longer be 12 teams in the league.

Mikey
20-10-2012, 10:15 AM
It looks increasing like Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic are taking a lead here and not just jumping at the first chance to make any old change. Let's see where they want to go rather than just assuming the worst!

ekhibee
20-10-2012, 01:54 PM
It looks increasing like Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic are taking a lead here and not just jumping at the first chance to make any old change. Let's see where they want to go rather than just assuming the worst!

Sorry Mikey, but it's not just 'any old change'. This is an opportunity to completely change the voting system for good, and if the SPL don't try and push it through, more fool them. And if Hibs are involved in this, and there's no evidence that they are, just rumour, they should be ashamed.

Peevemor
20-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry Mikey, but it's not just 'any old change'. This is an opportunity to completely change the voting system for good, and if the SPL don't try and push it through, more fool them. And if Hibs are involved in this, and there's no evidence that they are, just rumour, they should be ashamed.

Ashamed of what? One thing that's 100% certain (going by what RP has said over the past 3-4 months) is that he isn't happy with the status quo. Wait and see what Hibs are pushing for before starting to moan.

ekhibee
20-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Ashamed of what? One thing that's 100% certain (going by what RP has said over the past 3-4 months) is that he isn't happy with the status quo. Wait and see what Hibs are pushing for before starting to moan.

What do you mean ashamed of what? There is an opportunity here to change the voting structure, if we were to vote against it I would see it as a massive opportunity lost. Maybe you don't, that's your choice. And I also pointed out in my previous post that there is no hard evidence that Hibs are voting against changes.

Peevemor
20-10-2012, 02:20 PM
What do you mean ashamed of what? There is an opportunity here to change the voting structure, if we were to vote against it I would see it as a massive opportunity lost. Maybe you don't, that's your choice. And I also pointed out in my previous post that there is no hard evidence that Hibs are voting against changes.

But maybe Hibs don't think changing from 11-1 to 9-3 goes far enough. Once the Huns are back in the top league, at 9-3 the old firm would only need to rope in a couple of vulnerable clubs (killie? motherwell?) to keep things the way they want.

Mikey
20-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Have you read the thread?

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2012, 02:26 PM
7-5 Nothing less, as others have said a 9-3 split only needs the ayrshire huns to back their pals and we are back to square one.

vanNISHtelroy
20-10-2012, 02:39 PM
7-5 Nothing less, as others have said a 9-3 split only needs the ayrshire huns to back their pals and we are back to square one.

Always nice to see us refered to that way, and then Sevco fans call us Ayrshire Tims....
:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Always nice to see us refered to that way, and then Sevco fans call us Ayrshire Tims....
:rolleyes:

If your owner had not spoken out in favour of sevco on virtually every point during the summers fiasco, perhaps i'd not refer to the club as such?

ekhibee
20-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Have you read the thread?

Of course I have else I wouldn't have commented in the first place.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Can we not vote in 9-3 and then have a second vote for 7-5 or 8-4?

Ross4356
22-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Any idea when the meeting is done?

green glory
22-10-2012, 01:27 PM
@STVkeith: For those asking, change to voting structure also discussed. We're told by one SPL Chief Exec these talks were positive, no decision tho.

muzzhfc
22-10-2012, 01:48 PM
what we need to do is change the voting structure - i think all clubs (except celtic) agree on this. that should be the focus and sole thought behind it, not the potential re construction that could result in it. and back handers are illegal, so no danger would any club (except maybe newco) try and bribe another club

Phil MaGlass
22-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Anyone thinking that theres no rush for change should be applying to work for the SFA.
We must move quickly on change of the voting structure, if anyone on here thinks that the SFA and SPL will not be pulling out all stops to have newcobun in the SPL as soon as possible, really needs tae wake up. They were falling over themselves to try to have them dropped into Div1 FFS.The voting structure needs tae be done asap.

Part/Time Supporter
22-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Remember, the 11-1 thing cuts both ways. If most of the other clubs propose something a minority doesn't like it gives them a veto against that. Hibs could vote through a change to 9-3 or 8-4 now, but then find a month or two later being outvoted by other clubs wanting Sevco back into the SPL. Therefore it makes more sense to get reconstruction and the voting fixed at the same time.

Future17
23-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Remember, the 11-1 thing cuts both ways. If most of the other clubs propose something a minority doesn't like it gives them a veto against that. Hibs could vote through a change to 9-3 or 8-4 now, but then find a month or two later being outvoted by other clubs wanting Sevco back into the SPL. Therefore it makes more sense to get reconstruction and the voting fixed at the same time.

According to the BBC Gossip Column, the vote to change the voting system was defeated with Celtic and Aberdeen voting against in "certain situations".

Ozyhibby
23-10-2012, 10:54 AM
BBC have now confirmed it was Aberdeen who blocked voting reform. Not sure of the reason.

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Why the hell would Aberdeen want to block the change? :confused:

S.sct
23-10-2012, 07:15 PM

They are obviously looking very much at the short-term and think they will finish 2nd this season. Think that would earn around 2M in the current set up. Absolute tools, they will regret it.....

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 07:22 PM
They are obviously looking very much at the short-term and think they will finish 2nd this season. Think that would earn around 2M in the current set up. Absolute tools, they will regret it.....

Or they dont want 9-3, perhaps they want 8-4 or 7-5? 9-3 in my opinion is a waste of time, it needs to be more fairer than that in my opinion.

S.sct
23-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Think 9-3 would be fine 75% would cover the so called diddy teams breaking the ugly sisters stranglehold on a vote. Can't see Aberdeen holding out for anything else but could be wrong.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Think 9-3 would be fine 75% would cover the so called diddy teams breaking the ugly sisters stranglehold on a vote. Can't see Aberdeen holding out for anything else but could be wrong.

Maybe the Dons dont think 9-3 would be fine?

S.sct
23-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe the Dons dont think 9-3 would be fine?

Read your earlier post re Ayrshire Huns, take your point.

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I think 9-3 or 8-4 is the right way to go - I hope all these clubs that moan about the OF duopoly dont blow their chance to finally do something about it.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I think 9-3 or 8-4 is the right way to go - I hope all these clubs that moan about the OF duopoly dont blow their chance to finally do something about it.

I personally think the 9-3 split is not enough.

jdships
23-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Or they dont want 9-3, perhaps they want 8-4 or 7-5? 9-3 in my opinion is a waste of time, it needs to be more fairer than that in my opinion.

:agree:
7/5 would seem fairer IMO.
However if we get an increase to a 14/16/18 team league this has all got to gone through again :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 07:50 AM

See above, it's because they don't want to get outvoted on a league reconstruction proposal they don't like (eg airlifting Sevco into SPL2).

Ross4356
24-10-2012, 11:54 AM
See above, it's because they don't want to get outvoted on a league reconstruction proposal they don't like (eg airlifting Sevco into SPL2).

Aberdeen apparently want a 10-2 majority, no idea why but there fans see Petrie in the same boat as Kille and Motherwell