PDA

View Full Version : Sheff Wed v Leeds

lord bunberry
19-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Did anyone just see the hand ball from the Leeds player

Hiber-nation
19-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Did anyone just see the hand ball from the Leeds player

Aye unbelievable. I've always hated Leeds and now they have the added bonus of El Hadj Diouf and Michael Brown in their ranks. And that cock Warnock as manager. Horrible.

lord bunberry
19-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Aye unbelievable. I've always hated Leeds and now they have the added bonus of El Hadj Diouf and Michael Brown in their ranks. And that cock Warnock as manager. Horrible.

Bechio will probably score the winner now

lord bunberry
19-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Bechio will probably score the winner now

A Leeds fan has just ran onto the pitch and hit the sheffield Wednesday keeper in the face

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Some bellend from the Leeds end just ran on to the park and gave Kirkland a bit of a slap, total fud!

whereswallace?
19-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone watching? Leeds just equalized and a few of their fans invaded the pitch, one bright spark ran up to the Wednesday keeper and struck him in the face. Full view of the camera, on a game live on tv.... Enjoy Wakefield mate.

lord bunberry
19-10-2012, 08:31 PM
There's no way he won't get caught the cameras got a real close up him he didn't look the sharpest tool in the shed

whereswallace?
19-10-2012, 08:40 PM
There's no way he won't get caught the cameras got a real close up him he didn't look the sharpest tool in the shed

They even followed him into the stand! He'll be made an example of and rightly so.

LancashireHibby
There's no doubting that Leeds have some thoroughly decent fans - I've got a few mates who support them - but they must also have the biggest 'minority' of downright **** in the country. Absolute disgrace.

BigKev
Not entirely shocked having been to Elland Road to watch Wednesday. They certainly have what appears to be a large unsavory following, especially away from home. Hope he gets a cell with the jail's daddy.

lord bunberry
19-10-2012, 08:46 PM
They even followed him into the stand! He'll be made an example of and rightly so.

Agreed it's idiots like that that give ammunition to the people who say that football fans can't be trusted

Iggy Pope
19-10-2012, 08:50 PM
There's no doubting that Leeds have some thoroughly decent fans - I've got a few mates who support them - but they must also have the biggest 'minority' of downright **** in the country. Absolute disgrace.

:agree:

Warnock thinks they've only got the one 'moron'. I've only been to Elland Road once (v Birmingham City) and I encountered a lot more than that.

Dave Jones is bilin'!!!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-10-2012, 08:56 PM
That guy will be in the jail tomorrow. What a bellend.

green glory
19-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Some bellend from the Leeds end just ran on to the park and gave Kirkland a bit of a slap, total fud!

Probably a Maroonsevco orphan realising the writing's on the wall at the Pink Wonga-dome.

YehButNoBut
19-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Already on youtube, they have got good pictures of his face so someone is bound to inform the police, deserves to end up in jail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSHMvpkuqk

GoldenEagle
19-10-2012, 09:05 PM
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Football-fan-says-m-hooligan-ban-breach/story-13251413-detail/story.html

Serial offender...

Hiber-nation
19-10-2012, 09:06 PM
"Went down like a ton of bricks". Well done Warnock, showing your true class as usual.

frazeHFC
19-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Jeez, not good. Leeds certainly do have their fair share of nutters!!

frazeHFC
19-10-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Football-fan-says-m-hooligan-ban-breach/story-13251413-detail/story.html

Serial offender...

And from his facebook page:

"Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts"

:rolleyes:

essexhibee
19-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Horrible scenes. Absolute disgrace.

Unbelievable comment as well from Warnock saying that he went down like a ton of bricks. :confused::confused:

LancashireHibby
19-10-2012, 09:44 PM

Unbelievable comment as well from Warnock saying that he went down like a ton of bricks. :confused::confused:
I'm definitely not one to defend Warnock as I really don't like the bloke, but in fairness to him he did say this afterwards;
"I thought it was an absolute disgrace. They should get the guy, prosecute him, put him in prison," said Warnock.

"I'm not proud to be Leeds manager when I see that.

"I don't mind the atmosphere, there's been elbows flying, but to see things like that on the field of play, I'm embarrassed."

hfc rd
19-10-2012, 10:03 PM
The Leeds fans just always seem to remind me of Sevco fans. A bunch of stupid trampy idiots.

Hope that guy is arrested. Bloody fud.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2012, 10:20 PM
The Leeds fans just always seem to remind me of Sevco fans. A bunch of stupid trampy idiots.

Hope that guy is arrested. Bloody fud.

Absolutely. They have been the Rangers of England for too long - bigoted, vulgar and too often violent. Another terrible episode tonight. All clubs have an idiotic minority unfortunately, but the Leeds minority make themselves impossible to miss.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Just watched a replay of the incident.

That really is absolutely disgraceful.

Thankfully, the good quality of the footage means that it shouldn't be too difficult to identify the culprit and bring him to justice.

gogs_t
19-10-2012, 11:22 PM
What I find more disturbing is when you look at the clips, there are a load of other idiots behind the goals who could have carried out exactly the same!

LeighLoyal
19-10-2012, 11:42 PM
We've had a few pitch invaders having a go, but Leeds are a mental club. I still recall the 1990 riot in Bournemouth that went on all weekend.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Hibs have had a few, the idiot that attacked the ref against the Yams when Brebner was sent off, attacking both Goram and John Robertson on the pitch. We all get excited/pissed off during games, but nae need for that.

iwasthere1972
19-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm not condoning what the nutcase did and hope that he is handed a custodial sentence when he appears in the dock but I think the goalie made a meal of it and went down too easily. He should have done what Graham Stack did and land the first punch.

Future17
20-10-2012, 12:03 AM

Serial offender...

No option but a long-term custodial sentence for me.

Steve-O
20-10-2012, 12:45 AM
"Went down like a ton of bricks". Well done Warnock, showing your true class as usual.

To be fair, it is true.

Cabbage East
20-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Find it funny that folk on here are judging the Leeds fans and saying they're ****, etc. Newsflash - we're no angels.

wearethehibs
20-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Find it funny that folk on here are judging the Leeds fans and saying they're ****, etc. Newsflash - we're no angels.

And Im pretty sure we would judge our own fans if an incident like that happened at a game. I know its happened in the past but it's been a long time since it's happened

lapsedhibee
20-10-2012, 06:18 AM
I'm not condoning what the nutcase did and hope that he is handed a custodial sentence when he appears in the dock but I think the goalie made a meal of it and went down too easily.

:agree: What on earth did the goalie think would happen? A Leeds player might get sent off in lieu? Polaris/Suarez [delete according to era] would have been pwoud, vewy pwoud.

Caversham Green
20-10-2012, 08:31 AM
:agree: What on earth did the goalie think would happen? A Leeds player might get sent off in lieu? Polaris/Suarez [delete according to era] would have been pwoud, vewy pwoud.

I thought about this when one of the greatest fans in the world slapped a keeper in a CL game (can't remember who it was now) the keeper started to chase the wee toley then went down like he had been shot.

So, in his or Kirkland's place do you skelp the boy back and get sent off for violent conduct with the risk of further punishment from the authorities (and also the risk of other fans joining in) or do you go down 'injured' and draw attention to the incident with the possibility that the ref would abandon the match if he thought it was serious enough and the further possibility that the game would be awarded to your side.

Leeds and their idiot fans are quite rightly in trouble over this, Kirkland and Wednesday aren't but would have been if he had hit back.

Green forever
20-10-2012, 08:35 AM
What Kirkland should have done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2tyjacJPfU

YehButNoBut
20-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Slightly off topic but reminds me of the time when we played Leeds at Elland Rd in the UEFA Cup in October 1973.

Went to the game with a few mates and Hibs had a superb support that night we had all of behind one goal & part of one side and outsang them all night.

Game ended 0-0, Arthur Duncan was superb that night and Tony Higgins missed a great chance to score the winner.

However we went down by train and get chased all the way back from the ground to the station by Leeds fans with quite a few scuffles, they did seem mental even then.

Was still a superb night though.

http://progs.fairlyoriginal.com/leeds-utd-vs-hibernian

Broken Gnome
20-10-2012, 09:09 AM
To be fair, if a supporter unexpectedly appears in front of you and half a second later gives you a two handed shove in the face, you might not have much option to stay on your feet. Hardly preplanned diving...

Speedy
20-10-2012, 09:09 AM

He did.

The fan was well out of order and should be punished but if I was Chris Kirkland I'd be embarrassed, and my mates would without doubt wind me up about it.

HTD1875
20-10-2012, 12:15 PM
What a stupid yam thing to do total idiot!

Hibs7
20-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Too many idiots on the loose, Deegans assault the other week, daily muggings, time these things were dealt with severely, society should not have to put up with this type of behaviour.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Have to agree with what Lawro said on Match of the Day in that the guy could have a knife and should never have been able to get near the keeper.

Since90+2
20-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Have to agree with what Lawro said on Match of the Day in that the guy could have a knife and should never have been able to get near the keeper.

Was disgraceful what happened but thats just nonsense from Lawro as per usual. He could have had a knife / shotgun / grenade / supersoaker but he didnt.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Was disgraceful what happened but thats just nonsense from Lawro as per usual. He could have had a knife / shotgun / grenade / supersoaker but he didnt.

Luckily! What's the point of stewards if they don't stop clowns from running on the pitch? We had the infamous Casper incident and the guy who attacked Lennon both happen at Tynie. If you're nuts enough to run on the park who's to say they wouldn't be crazy enough to have a weapon as well?

hibs0666
20-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Too many idiots on the loose, Deegans assault the other week, daily muggings, time these things were dealt with severely, society should not have to put up with this type of behaviour.

Society doesn't tolerate this behaviour. The guy will be jailed and banned from football matches. How much tougher do you want?

Hibs7
20-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Society doesn't tolerate this behaviour. The guy will be jailed and banned from football matches. How much tougher do you want?

Oh I can think of a lot more.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2012, 01:29 PM

Me too, give me a minute to finish my daily mail, and i will tell you what method we should use to kill the *******. :greengrin

Since90+2
20-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Luckily! What's the point of stewards if they don't stop clowns from running on the pitch? We had the infamous Casper incident and the guy who attacked Lennon both happen at Tynie. If you're nuts enough to run on the park who's to say they wouldn't be crazy enough to have a weapon as well?

There is nothing to stop him really. But then again anybody at anytime in any situation could be carrying a knife / gun whatever but this guy wasnt.

He ran on the park and pushed him in the face , this what if he had blah blah is nonsense imo.

hibs0666
20-10-2012, 06:35 PM

A lot more than the jail and banning orders? Like what?

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2012, 06:41 PM

Please don't encourage him - it can only get sexual from here on in.

hibs0666
20-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Please don't encourage him - it can only get sexual from here on in.

That's a very good point you sexy devil.

Speedy
20-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Exactly.

Unless they build a brick wall around the pitch then there is still a risk for the players.

And even then what's to stop someone turning up at the training ground with a sniper.

jdships
20-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Slightly off topic but reminds me of the time when we played Leeds at Elland Rd in the UEFA Cup in October 1973.

Went to the game with a few mates and Hibs had a superb support that night we had all of behind one goal & part of one side and outsang them all night.

Game ended 0-0, Arthur Duncan was superb that night and Tony Higgins missed a great chance to score the winner.

However we went down by train and get chased all the way back from the ground to the station by Leeds fans with quite a few scuffles, they did seem mental even then.

Was still a superb night though.

http://progs.fairlyoriginal.com/leeds-utd-vs-hibernian

Just come in and read your post :thumbsup:
I was also there that night as was staying at Selby Fork before doing a job in Brighouse .
First up the police as soon as they heard a Scot's accent were down on you like a ton of bricks.
As you say the Leeds fans were shocking . I got a door on my car kicked and dented for which I had to talk my way out of with my boss when I got home
If I remember clearly Jim Black also had an outstanding game that night in which Hibs did us and Scotland proud .

:flag:.

cocopops1875
20-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Just a thought but is it at all possible he got poked in the eye :confused: Warnock truely is a bellend

Future17
20-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Just a thought but is it at all possible he got poked in the eye :confused: Warnock truely is a bellend

I'm going to ask Dotnet for a Goalkeepers' Union smiley for all your posts! :greengrin

Mind you, did look almost as sore as a grazed nose.

cocopops1875
20-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm going to ask Dotnet for a Goalkeepers' Union smiley for all your posts! :greengrin

Mind you, did look almost as sore as a grazed nose.

Listen lad it would have had a full swan dive and 4 rolls if that happened to you :na na:

Jonnyboy
20-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Perhaps you could remind me of the last time a Hibs fan ran on the park and decked a player?

Steve-O
20-10-2012, 10:28 PM

Are you suggesting they should put the big fences back up, at Hillsborough of all places? It is easy for a dick like Lawro to sit and say it should never have happened but it is surely impossible for stewards to be able to keep an eye on every single thing that is going on. They are minimum wage part time employees, not Secret Service agents.

cocopops1875
20-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Are you suggesting they should put the big fences back up, at Hillsborough of all places? It is easy for a dick like Lawro to sit and say it should never have happened but it is surely impossible for stewards to be able to keep an eye on every single thing that is going on. They are minimum wage part time employees, not Secret Service agents.

Agree there sadly is only so much the stewards/police can do :agree:

Future17
20-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Listen lad it would have had a full swan dive and 4 rolls if that happened to you :na na:

Darn tooting! :agree:

Hibs7
21-10-2012, 06:20 AM

Banned for life from football stadiums and community service every Saturday for the next 5 years should do it.

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Banned for life from football stadiums and community service every Saturday for the next 5 years should do it.

Why Saturday ?

derekduval
21-10-2012, 07:01 AM
believe the stewards are only there as a visual deterrant and aren't allowed to physically stop you. Disgraceful that a man can be attacked whilst doing his job. He was taken by surprise his reaction is totally natural.

Hibs7
21-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Why Saturday ?

Eh! It is the weekend and is when most football matches are played .;-)

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Incident was on a Friday ;-)

danhibees1875
21-10-2012, 09:16 AM
believe the stewards are only there as a visual deterrant and aren't allowed to physically stop you. Disgraceful that a man can be attacked whilst doing his job. He was taken by surprise his reaction is totally natural.

In the situation of a pitch invasion, the steward should try to stop them if the person is within reach and if they feel confident in doing so(stewards don't get any specific training and many are girls and guys who aren't going to risk tackling a big drunk thug looking for trouble only for minimum wage). Once someone is passed the stewards and on to the pitch then they are left for a specific team of licensed stewards to deal with.

That's how I see it anyway and it may well vary from company to company, stadium to stadium.

I'd also add (not at your comment, but a previous one in the thread) that's it's unrealistic to expect stewards to stop every incident like this - they can't keep an eye on thousands of people at once. It's like anything in society, if people want to break the law there is very little in the way of prevention to stop them doing so. A big metal fence around the pitch keeping everyone locked in like animals would work right enough.

Hibs7
21-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Difficult to make someone do community service during the working week, unless they are unemployed, stop being picky ;+)

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Nah I won't bother ta ;-) just pointing out modern football is not a Saturday thing now any day is a football day so your 5 years of saturdays is a nonsense
Also just done the maths assuming he only did a half day on Saturdays, Only during the football season thats 800 hours Community Service APPROX which seems excessive for a shove in the face:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Perhaps you could remind me of the last time a Hibs fan ran on the park and decked a player?

Close but no cigar - Would that be the failed attempt to deck Robbo in the first derby after the takeover?

hibs0666
21-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Close but no cigar - Would that be the failed attempt to deck Robbo in the first derby after the takeover?

Nah, a bloke ran from the FF to belt Goram after that.

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Nah, a bloke ran from the FF to belt Goram after that.

Did someone not go for the ref that sent off Brebs in the "we only need 10 men" Derby ?

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Did someone not go for the ref that sent off Brebs in the "we only need 10 men" Derby ?

:agree: It was like a Benny Hill sketch. :faf:

cocopops1875
21-10-2012, 04:18 PM
:agree: It was like a Benny Hill sketch. :faf:

:greengrin:agree: was he not someone disabled's helper

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2012, 04:37 PM
:greengrin:agree: was he not someone disabled's helper

:agree:

HH81
21-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I read the chap who did it has been arrested.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Had to laugh at news there. Now the guys been arrested, they have blanked out his face when they show the incident.

Jonnyboy
21-10-2012, 07:24 PM

:wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
21-10-2012, 07:49 PM

:agree: he went for the ref then fell over and then one of the players (possibly the hearts keeper) stood on front of him. Guy either shat it or realised he'd made an arse of himself and ran back in to the stand.

That's the way I remember it anyway. It was more comedy than a serious incident although I guess the guy still deserved a ban.

One of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen but one of my favourite derbies.

iwasthere1972
22-10-2012, 11:42 AM
According to SSN the thug got 4 months custodial sentence.

LancashireHibby
22-10-2012, 11:49 AM
According to SSN the thug got 4 months custodial sentence.
Got off VERY lightly there IMHO. Especially as he's already proved he's not averse to ignore the five year banning order he's been issued with.

Hibs7
22-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Nah I won't bother ta ;-) just pointing out modern football is not a Saturday thing now any day is a football day so your 5 years of saturdays is a nonsense
Also just done the maths assuming he only did a half day on Saturdays, Only during the football season thats 800 hours Community Service APPROX which seems excessive for a shove in the face:greengrin

It is attitudes like this that offenders laugh at, no half day on a Saturday and not just during the football season, stop being lenient to idiots like this and you will wipe it out, continue along your path and they just do it again.

Hibs7
22-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Got off VERY lightly there IMHO. Especially as he's already proved he's not averse to ignore the five year banning order he's been issued with.

Precisely... banned for life with a restraint order to not being within a mile of any football stadium whilst a game is being played.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2012, 12:03 PM
It is attitudes like this that offenders laugh at, no half day on a Saturday and not just during the football season, stop being lenient to idiots like this and you will wipe it out, continue along your path and they just do it again.

I'd cut his hands off, he wouldn't push anyone ever again.

Hibs7
22-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I'd cut his hands off, he wouldn't push anyone ever again.

:greengrin I like your thoughts but just a wee bit extreme, and anyway he would just claim disability benefit if that was done.

Skanko79
22-10-2012, 12:06 PM
he will get the jail, he is apprantley already banned from every ground in england.

LancashireHibby
22-10-2012, 12:08 PM
he will get the jail, he is apprantley already banned from every ground in england.
See post #78. He's got a 16 week sentence (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20025830).

BigKev
22-10-2012, 12:11 PM
See post #78. He's got a 16 week sentence (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20025830).

Was there no further banning order that he could break to go alongside the jail term?

He's certainly not going to be welcomed back at Elland Road by the Leeds support judging by Ken Bates comments this morning.

LancashireHibby
22-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Was there no further banning order that he could break to go alongside the jail term?

He's certainly not going to be welcomed back at Elland Road by the Leeds support judging by Ken Bates comments this morning.
He's been issued with a five year banning order but as he's already breached two previous FBO's then it doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent in his case!

cocopops1875
22-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Good stuff 2080 hours community service for a shove in the face, Who pays for the supervision ? how much does it cost to have someone doing that much community service ? Im not saying it wouldnt help but in reality its unworkable and would never happen

truehibernian
22-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Good stuff 2080 hours community service for a shove in the face, Who pays for the supervision ? how much does it cost to have someone doing that much community service ? Im not saying it wouldnt help but in reality its unworkable and would never happen

I'd be more inclined to have him working the boot room and laundry at Hillsborough/training ground for the rest of the season and having to personally hand Kirkland his kit every day in pristine condition. 8 hour days, working with the back room team and enduring the constant contempt of the players.

hibsbollah
22-10-2012, 05:51 PM
On a slightly different note, im surprised the game only got 28,000. Wednesday regularly used to get 30,000plus even a few years ago in their big games. And Leeds is just as hated a rival as Sheff Utd for them. Another sign of falling attendances...

nonshinyfinish
22-10-2012, 06:47 PM
On a slightly different note, im surprised the game only got 28,000. Wednesday regularly used to get 30,000plus even a few years ago in their big games. And Leeds is just as hated a rival as Sheff Utd for them. Another sign of falling attendances...

It's because Sevco are in Division 3.

hibsbollah
22-10-2012, 07:18 PM
It's because Sevco are in Division 3.

As usual, Charles Green was right. The Kirkland punch is obviously what he meant by 'social unrest':take that

Hibs7
22-10-2012, 07:30 PM

If his community work was productive the cost would be irrelevant and if the threat of the same put others off, the cost becomes nothing, don't be so negative it just takes organising, otherwise we continue as we are with no hope of stopping idiots like this.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Good to see this thug has been given a sentence that is lighter than the guy who got 6 months the other day for disrupting the university boat race and wasn't endangering anyone's safety except his own.

His sentence, which will almost certainly be reduced to 8 weeks for good behaviour and the banning order which he clearly takes no notice of, will be absolutely no deterrent to someone like that.

cocopops1875
22-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Good to see this thug has been given a sentence that is lighter than the guy who got 6 months the other day for disrupting the university boat race and wasn't endangering anyone's safety except his own.

His sentence, which will almost certainly be reduced to 8 weeks for good behaviour and the banning order which he clearly takes no notice of, will be absolutely no deterrent to someone like that.

You Cant F@@K with the upper classes:greengrin Or Tradition:greengrin

KdyHby
22-10-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.owlsalive.com/featured/2012/10/22/people-in-glass-houses/

Steve-O
23-10-2012, 07:13 AM

Sentences are never 'reduced'. Someone may well not be imprisoned for their entire sentence, but this is very normal. As far as assaults go, it was hardly the worst and 16 weeks imprisonment seems pretty fair to me. I wouldn't fancy 16 hours in prison let alone 16 weeks.

lobster
23-10-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.owlsalive.com/featured/2012/10/22/people-in-glass-houses/

Spot on. Great article. Same goes for up here. It seems its de rigueur these days to engage in all kinds of vile behaviour to prove allegiance.

Broken Gnome
23-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Did he hell drink as much as he said he did. Lying *******.

#FromTheCapital
23-10-2012, 12:26 PM

Exactly what I thought. 3/4 of a litre of vodka on its own is enough to get even the most hardened alkys absolutely wasted, never mind when you throw in 7-10 pints of cider and several cans of lager. Theres no way in a million years he would be getting into a football ground after drinking that much

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2012, 12:40 PM
contrast and compare what happend to this Leeds thug, not arrested at the game on Friday but appeared in court and sentenced on the Monday, to the yam thug that attacked Lennon last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2037334/Hearts-fan-John-Wilson-cleared-Neil-Lennon-attack-jailed-running-pitch.html

Assault happened on May 11th, arrested at the scene, but didn't appear in court until September 10th, and then cleared of assault that everybody saw.

A few questions here, why the delay? How was he cleared?

lyonhibs
23-10-2012, 12:40 PM

My thoughts exactly. He'd have been hospitalised long before getting much past his apparent 3/4 of a bottle of voddie, unless he was talking about a miniature.

With even half of what he claims to have drunk, he'd get nowhere near a football stadium, much less be in a fit state to sprint on to the pitch, slap someone then run off.

Stupid welt gives all football fans a bad name.

Broken Gnome
23-10-2012, 01:17 PM
contrast and compare what happend to this Leeds thug, not arrested at the game on Friday but appeared in court and sentenced on the Monday, to the yam thug that attacked Lennon last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2037334/Hearts-fan-John-Wilson-cleared-Neil-Lennon-attack-jailed-running-pitch.html

Assault happened on May 11th, arrested at the scene, but didn't appear in court until September 10th, and then cleared of assault that everybody saw.

A few questions here, why the delay? How was he cleared?

An inability to prove any religious motive to the assault? Seem to remember that complicated matters.