PDA

View Full Version : New experience tomorrow

theonlywayisup
19-10-2012, 08:47 AM
First ever Hibs game away to Ross County in the league. Which made me think, who has travelled away to the most Scottish grounds for a league game at their own ground (i.e. Gretna does not count as they played at Hamilton). Note, the previous time we played Ross County away was in the Scottish Cup.

There are 41 other Scottish, plus a small number of teams no longer with us (i.e. Third Lanark, Clydebank, Glasgow Rangers)! Many of these teams, we will not have played on league business (i.e. Peterhead, Elgin, Annan, Servco etc) and others that we will not have played for a long time (i.e. Queens Park). So who can claim the most Scottish league grounds in away games? Listing them will help confirming you entry as some may mix up league and cup games!

Note, I will accept entries from teams that have moved stadiums and you might only have been to their old ground. In the event of a tie, you will be allowed to enter both grounds (i.e. Falkirk's old and new stadiums).

A bit of fun...........might also remember some past occasions!!!!

Also, Hibs games only.

hibIBZ
19-10-2012, 08:55 AM
of the top of my head i can think of 15. doubt that will be even close to some people

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Certain amount of cheating here, as not all of these games involved Hibs.

11/12 in SPL (Inverness being exception). Been at last two grounds for both Saints.

9/10 in SFL1 (Cowden being exception). Been at three (!) grounds for Airdrie (Broomfield, Broadwood and new one) and both Falkirk grounds. Only been at Boghead, not the new Dumbarton ground (although I went there once and found match off due to frozen pitch).

7/10 in SFL2 (Stenny, Albion Rovers and Arbroath being exceptions). Only been at old Bayview, not the new one.

4/10 in SFL3 (Huns, Stirling, East Stirling and Berwick).

+Clydebank at Kilbowie.

That gives a total of 32 clubs at 37 grounds.

theonlywayisup
19-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Certain amount of cheating here, as not all of these games involved Hibs.

11/12 in SPL (Inverness being exception). Been at last two grounds for both Saints.

9/10 in SFL1 (Cowden being exception). Been at three (!) grounds for Airdrie (Broomfield, Broadwood and new one) and both Falkirk grounds. Only been at Boghead, not the new Dumbarton ground (although I went there once and found match off due to frozen pitch).

7/10 in SFL2 (Stenny, Albion Rovers and Arbroath being exceptions). Only been at old Bayview, not the new one.

4/10 in SFL3 (Huns, Stirling, East Stirling and Berwick).

+Clydebank at Kilbowie.

That gives a total of 32 clubs at 37 grounds.

Sorry - I did mean Hibs games. But a very good effort - well done!

Killiehibbie
19-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Berwick, Ayr, Kilmarnock, St Mirren 2, Rangers, Celtic, Clydebank, Partick, Dumbarton, Morton, Airdrie, Motherwell, Hamilton 2, Falkirk, East Stirling, Stirling Albion, Hearts, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone 2, Aberdeen.

lyonhibs
19-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Been to: Fir Park, Rugby Park, New Douglas Park, Septic Park, Ipox, *********** and Pittodrie with Hibs. East End Park for a pre-season friendly but that doesn't count as per the RULES!! :-P

I've also been to Firhill once and Stirling Albion's place (Forthview??) a couple of times, but not with Hibs

Jones28
19-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Aberdeen, Dundee utd, Falkirk, hearts, Hamilton, dunfermline, rangers, Kilmarnock, st mirren

Hoping to make some additions this season though!

.Sean.
19-10-2012, 09:46 AM
With Hibs in the SPL I've travelled to Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynecastle, Inverness, Pittodrie, Fir Park versus both Motherwell and Gretna, St Johnston, New Douglas Park, East End Park, Love Street, St Mirren Park, Rugby Park, Tannadice and Falkirk. Been to them all numerous times with the exception of Love Street.

HTD1875
19-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Aberdeen, Dundee, Dundee United, Hertz, Motherwell

Dunfermline,livi,Partick,Hamilton,Falkirk

Plenty others in friendlys and the cup, should have a couple more before the end of the season.
:flag:

Peevemor
19-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Berwick, Ayr, Kilmarnock, St Mirren 2, Rangers, Celtic, Clydebank, Partick, Dumbarton, Morton, Airdrie, Motherwell, Hamilton 2, Falkirk, East Stirling, Stirling Albion, Hearts, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone 2, Aberdeen.

All of the above except Berwick and the new St Mirren & Hamilton grounds, then you can add (off the top of my head) the other Airdrie and Stranraer.

Off the bar
19-10-2012, 09:59 AM
What about Livingston? Do you get a point for each time you've been and its been called something different? :wink:

Peevemor
19-10-2012, 10:03 AM
What about Livingston? Do you get a point for each time you've been and its been called something different? :wink:

Oh aye, there too.

Renfrew_Hibby
19-10-2012, 10:10 AM
I wont be winning this but...
Hearts Aberdeen Raith Livvy Falkirk (old) Celtic Rangers Partick Queens Park Morton St.Mirren (2) Motherwell Hamilton Stranraer Kilmarnock Ayr St.Johnstone Clyde.
Also been to Everton Liverpool Man City Man Utd Newcastle Preston Blackpool Barcelona and Espanyol!
So 19 with Hibs and another 9 without.

Saorsa
19-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Just for Hibs league games as per the thread.

Aberdeen, dundee utd, dundee, motherwell, ceptic, huns, h***ts, st. johnstone (old and new), st.mirren (old), Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Falkirk (old), Morton, Dumbarton (old), clydebank, hamilton (old), airdrieonians, partick thistle, raith rovers, livingston.

Been tae many others in the cups but that's not what was asked for. :wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
19-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Forgot to add Airdrie!
So 20 with and 9 without Hibs

Thecat23
Murryfield as well!!! :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
Glasgow Rangers(deceased)
Celtic
Hearts
Dundee Utd
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Inverness
St Mirren (old & new)
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Livingston
QOTS
Cowdenbeath
Stirling Albion
Ayr Utd
Hampden (against Queens Park)
Murrayfield (against Barca)

and will be adding Ross County to that list tomorrow.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2012, 10:14 AM
SPL:

Celtic park
Tynecastle
Fir Park
St Mirren Park and Love Street
McDiarmid Park
Rugby Park
Caley Stadium
Pittodrie
Tannadice
Dens
Dingwall
Easter Road obviously

SFL1:

East End Park - Dunfermilne
Falkirk both new and Brockville
Firhill - Patrick
Central Park - Cowdenbeath
Cappielow - Morton
Starks - Raith
New Douglas - Hamilton
Almondvale - Livi
Airdrie - Excelsior and Broomfield.
Also been to Dumbartons old Boghead to watch Hibs in the 1st division but that was against Clydebank.

SFL2:

Palmerston - Queen of the South
Ochilview - Stenhousemuir
Somerset - Ayr
Bayview - East Fife
Stair Park - Stranraer.
Also been to Arbroath, Alloa and Albion Rivers but not with Hibs.

SFL3:

Ibrox
Hampden but not for Hibs v Queens Park
Broadwood - Clyde
Links Park - Montrose

Also been to Annan, Peterhead, Berwick and East Stirling but again not for Hibs games.

I could probably add at least another 20 junior, Highland and Senior grounds I've been to or played at but your probably all bored already. Also just realised the OP asked for league games only and I've added cup games, oh well I like football grounds!

Dalkeith
19-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Been to all in Spl,1st and 2nd plus clyde,berwick,Montrose,stirling,queens park,newco in 3rd
and the old clydebank
a fair number of cup games in there

calumhibee1
19-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd
St Johnstone
St Mirren
Kilmarnock
Inverness
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Hamilton
Livingston

Go to most cup away games so been to loads of places in the cup but I think that's it in the league.

LancashireHibby
19-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Hibs league games only;
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hearts
Hamilton

Also been to Queen of the South and Ayr Utd for cup games. Bit of a poor total!

Piqué
19-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Some impressive records in this thread. I've just got the three: Celtic, Dundee United and Inverness CT. Will be at Ross County tomorrow and I'll be adding a few more to the list later this season.

hibbysam
19-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee
Dundee United
Hearts
Hibs
Inverness
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Dunfermline
Falkirk
Livingston
Hamilton

Rangers

thats just league games

add in

Ross County

Raith Rovers
Cowdenbeath

Queen of the South
Ayr

Queens park

for cup games as well.

West Upper
19-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Celtic Park
Tynecastle
McDiarmid Park
Caley Stadium
St Mirren Park
Tannadice
Fir Park
East End Park
New Douglas
Almondvale
Falkirk Stadium

theonlywayisup
19-10-2012, 09:15 PM
My effort:

Pittodrie
Tynecastle
McDiarmid Park
Caley Stadium
Tannadice
Fir Park
East End Park
Rugby Park
Almondvale

Not great, I know!

frazeHFC
19-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Motherwell
Hearts
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Inverness
Livingstone
St Johnstone
Rangers
QOTS
Ayr
Cowdenbeath

Think that's it, been to few grounds down South too like Reebok, Anfield, Ewood, Bloomfield and Stadium of Light.

Diclonius
19-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Hamilton
Hearts
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Only nine for me. Been to a fair few more in the cups and at friendlies.

theonlywayisup
19-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Motherwell
Hearts
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Inverness
Livingstone
St Johnstone
Rangers
QOTS
Ayr
Cowdenbeath

Think that's it, been to few grounds down South too like Reebok, Anfield, Ewood, Bloomfield and Stadium of Light.

:cool2: League only!

SteveHFC
19-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Celtic
Inverness CT
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Dunfermline
Partick
Morton
Raith
Cowdenbeath
Livingston
Falkirk
Airdrie
Hamilton
Queen of the South
Alloa
Ayr
East Fife
Stranraer
Queens Park
Sevco
Berwick
Stirling

Not Been to:
Dumbarton
Forfar
Arbroath
Stenhousemuir
Albion Rovers
Brechin
Elgin
Peterhead
Clyde
Annan
Montrose
East Stirling

joebakerforever
19-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Know someone who has attended virtually every Hibs away match in Scotland since the late 1950s, including Third Lanark, Clydebank, etc.

He is not a regular internet user and doubt if he is registered on here.

KWJ
20-10-2012, 01:34 AM
As per the rules (Gretna played at Motherwell, not Hamilton, btw :wink:)

Ibrox
Celtic Park
Tynecastle
Love St RIP
Tannadice
Pittodrie
McDiarmid Park
Dens Park
Fir Park
Rugby Park
East End Park
Almondvale
Firhill
Cappielow
Starks Park
Stair Park
Brockville RIP.
New Falkirk Stadium
Broadfield (Shyberry Excelsior as it was at the time)
Somerset Park
Boghead (RIP)

Think that'll be all the grounds I've been to for league matches. 21 + the glorious Easter Road.

Hmm, want to know my total now with cup matches too.

Hampden
Forthbank
Ochilview
Recreation Park

Heh, not too many. Same ground many times.

Also been to York City, Old Trafford and Emirates in England. Etihad in Melbourne, Suwon Bluewings WC stadium in South Korea & Tampines stadium in Singapore.

So 32 grounds for football and then for funsies the millennium stadium, murrayfield and the MCG for grounds that have had football on them but I didn't see it. Yay.

theonlywayisup
20-10-2012, 06:49 PM

I know now. For some reason, I thought it was Hamilton. I had memories of Mikey Stewart falling on his behind at Hamilton stadium, whilst playing against Gretna. Must have been in a game against Hamilton.

theonlywayisup
20-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Some pretty decent results. Those with more than 20 grounds, excluding Pretty Boy, Dalkeith and Part-time Supporter, who win the Craig Thomson award for not playing by the rules, we have:

26 - the WINNER so far!

I wont be winning this but...
Hearts Aberdeen Raith Livvy Falkirk (old) Celtic Rangers Partick Queens Park Morton St.Mirren (2) Motherwell Hamilton Stranraer Kilmarnock Ayr St.Johnstone Clyde.
Also been to Everton Liverpool Man City Man Utd Newcastle Preston Blackpool Barcelona and Espanyol!
So 19 with Hibs and another 9 without.

Plus Airdrie is 20

Just for Hibs league games as per the thread.

Aberdeen, dundee utd, dundee, motherwell, ceptic, huns, h***ts, st. johnstone (old and new), st.mirren (old), Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Falkirk (old), Morton, Dumbarton (old), clydebank, hamilton (old), airdrieonians, partick thistle, raith rovers, livingston.

Been tae many others in the cups but that's not what was asked for. :wink:

Celtic
Inverness CT
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Dunfermline
Partick
Morton
Raith
Cowdenbeath
Livingston
Falkirk
Airdrie
Hamilton
Queen of the South
Alloa
Ayr
East Fife
Stranraer
Queens Park
Sevco
Berwick
Stirling

29 - are you sure that they are all league games? Just realised that you had Ross County before we played them today. Entry disqualified!!!!

Ibrox
Celtic Park
Tynecastle
Love St RIP
Tannadice
Pittodrie
McDiarmid Park
Dens Park
Fir Park
Rugby Park
East End Park
Almondvale
Firhill
Cappielow
Starks Park
Stair Park
Brockville RIP.
New Falkirk Stadium
Somerset Park
Boghead (RIP)

Think that'll be all the grounds I've been to for league matches. 21 + the glorious Easter Road.

Hmm, want to know my total now with cup matches too.

Hampden
Forthbank
Ochilview
Recreation Park

Heh, not too many. Same ground many times.

Also been to York City, Old Trafford and Emirates in England. Etihad in Melbourne, Suwon Bluewings WC stadium in South Korea & Tampines stadium in Singapore.

So 32 grounds for football and then for funsies the millennium stadium, murrayfield and the MCG for grounds that have had football on them but I didn't see it. Yay.

bruno
20-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Some pretty decent results. Those with more than 20 grounds, excluding Pretty Boy, Dalkeith and Part-time Supporter, who win the Craig Thomson award for not playing by the rules, we have:

26 - the WINNER so far!

Plus Airdrie is 20

29 - are you sure that they are all league games? Just realised that you had Ross County before we played them today. Entry disqualified!!!!

I realise for obvious reasons i will be disqualified but due to the yo yo years i have following.
Celtic.rangers. Hibs. Aberdeen. Dundee united. Dundee. St johnstone muirton and mcdermid. Inverness st mirren x 2. Motherwell. Dunfermline. Falkirk x 2. Livingston. Partick. Raith. Morton. Cowdenbeath airdrie hamilton x 2. Dumbarton.clydebank queen south alloa. Ayr. east fife. Queens park. East stirling gretna and clyde. Also been to berwick but that was east scotland shield. Montrose and forfar(peter marinello scored ) but that was league cup brechin and stranraer scottish cup

Saorsa
20-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Celtic
Inverness CT
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Dunfermline
Partick
Morton
Raith
Cowdenbeath
Livingston
Falkirk
Airdrie
Hamilton
Queen of the South
Alloa
Ayr
East Fife
Stranraer
Queens Park
Sevco
Berwick
Stirling

Not Been to:
Dumbarton
Forfar
Arbroath
Stenhousemuir
Albion Rovers
Brechin
Elgin
Peterhead
Clyde
Annan
Montrose
East Stirlingleague games :hmmm:

PatHead
20-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Can I be the first to add Ross County..............

Ibrox
Celtic Park
Tynecastle
Love St RIP
Tannadice
Pittodrie
McDiarmid Park
Muirton
Dens Park
Fir Park
Rugby Park
East End Park
Almondvale
Firhill
Cappielow
Douglas Park
New Douglas Park
Brockville
New Falkirk Stadium
Somerset Park
Boghead (RIP)
Kilbowie
Starks Park
I was at Old East Fife ground (bayview) in the 70s as a pup but it might have been a cup Cup game

Not been 2 current spl grounds Inverness or New St Mirren ground

SteveHFC
21-10-2012, 01:59 PM

:boo hoo:

HH81
21-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Steven, your always cheating :-)

theonlywayisup
22-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Can anyone beat killiehibbie's 26 away grounds watching Hibs in the league only?

Owain_1987
22-10-2012, 05:35 PM
First ever Hibs game away to Ross County in the league. Which made me think, who has travelled away to the most Scottish grounds for a league game at their own ground (i.e. Gretna does not count as they played at Motherwell). Note, the previous time we played Ross County away was in the Scottish Cup.

There are 41 other Scottish, plus a small number of teams no longer with us (i.e. Third Lanark, Clydebank, Glasgow Rangers)! Many of these teams, we will not have played on league business (i.e. Peterhead, Elgin, Annan, Servco etc) and others that we will not have played for a long time (i.e. Queens Park). So who can claim the most Scottish league grounds in away games? Listing them will help confirming you entry as some may mix up league and cup games!

Note, I will accept entries from teams that have moved stadiums and you might only have been to their old ground. In the event of a tie, you will be allowed to enter both grounds (i.e. Falkirk's old and new stadiums).

A bit of fun...........might also remember some past occasions!!!!

Also, Hibs games only.

Just a wee edit!