PDA

View Full Version : More dodgy decisions by Craig Thomson

forthhibby
17-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Up to his usual standard last night

@Emishor: Scottish ref Craig Thompson is a DISGRACE. A DISGRACE. He just ruined the evening for 20 mil Romanian fans. His family must be proud!

greenginger
17-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Up to his usual standard last night

@Emishor: Scottish ref Craig Thompson is a DISGRACE. A DISGRACE. He just ruined the evening for 20 mil Romanian fans. His family must be proud!

The cheat must be due to darken the door of Easter Road some time soon.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2012, 08:55 AM

Ref for the new year Derby at Tynecastle. NAP.

wearethehibs
17-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Scotland's best referee.

Joke of a man

lord bunberry
17-10-2012, 09:03 AM
What did he do this time

Golden Bear
17-10-2012, 09:03 AM

The fixture nearest Halloween and Guy Fawkes day would be most appropriate.

Saorsa
17-10-2012, 09:05 AM
What did he do this timeturned up? :dunno:

.Sean.
17-10-2012, 09:21 AM
The mere mention of the name of that biased, cheating chunt infuriates me.

Wilson
17-10-2012, 09:54 AM
What did he do this time

Haven't heard specifically but it looks like a penalty to Holland deep deep in first half injury time killed off any chance of Romania making a game of it in the second half. Probably something to do with that. Then you factor in that it is a Craig Thomson penalty award so it was probably from a tackle on the half way line.

I had them in the hibs net vBookie anyway so Im not caring :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
17-10-2012, 10:37 AM
What did he do this time

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/netherlands-fan-holland-defeat-romania-4-1-211900272--sow.html

bawheid
17-10-2012, 10:51 AM
He's a cheat.

Golden Bear
17-10-2012, 11:00 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/netherlands-fan-holland-defeat-romania-4-1-211900272--sow.html

"Craig Thomson made one of many questionable calls"

I find that difficult to believe don't you.

:rolleyes:

Twa Cairpets
17-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Just watched - two shockers, right up to the utter fudknockers usual standard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI45NUDtBME

PatHead
17-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Just watched - two shockers, right up to the utter fudknockers usual standard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI45NUDtBME

Must admit didn't think either were penalties so I suppose he got one right. However if he gave one he had to give the other or book the Romanian for diving.

Wonder if he has ever gone through a game without being the centre of attention.

(Wasn't maroon Holland were wearing was it?)

wearethehibs
17-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Ha he gives a penalty to Holland for almost the exact same incident that he doesn't give a penalty to Romania.
If anything the Romanian incident is more of a pen

Twa Cairpets
17-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Must admit didn't think either were penalties so I suppose he got one right. However if he gave one he had to give the other or book the Romanian for diving.

Wonder if he has ever gone through a game without being the centre of attention.

Personally thought the Dutch one was never a penalty, but the Romanian one was a bolt on. Just poor refereeing. I usually defend referees (being one myself), but the catalogue of high profile, plainly wrong decisions around penalties he has given / not given is surely statistically significant.

PatHead
17-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Thought the Romanian was the one who put his arm under and pulled at the Dutch guy which made it appear as though he was wrestled to the ground. Was there a fifth official behind the goals as he could surely see what was happening? (Link won't open just now)

Golden Bear
17-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to his debut visit to ER this season.

The game could well be a sell out.

:greengrin

allezsauzee
17-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I knew that Romania's new green and white kit would come back to haunt them

Hibercelona
17-10-2012, 01:21 PM
You'll hear about these poor decisions all over the media, where as after the derby, there was barely anything in the media about it.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2012, 01:42 PM
You'll hear about these poor decisions all over the media, where as after the derby, there was barely anything in the media about it.

There was a really damning report on the Sky Sports website just after the final entitled 'Black day for Hibs', in which the main theme was Thomson's incompetence in not sending Black off and awarding Hearts the penalty, but it wasn't there for long, the headline and tone of the story changed minutes later.

Sergio sledge
17-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Personally thought the Dutch one was never a penalty, but the Romanian one was a bolt on. Just poor refereeing. I usually defend referees (being one myself), but the catalogue of high profile, plainly wrong decisions around penalties he has given / not given is surely statistically significant.

Out of interest, why?

It looked to me like the Romanian defender had a hold of the Dutch guys jersey on his shoulder and pulled him down.

Personally thought both incidents were much of a muchness, so either both were penalties or none were penalties. Either way he got one right and one wrong IMHO...

Future17
17-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Both penalties in my book, albeit the Dutch one softer. The inconsistency would be baffling if it wasn't Thomson.

Also looks like an offside in the build up to the 4th Dutch goal.

Hibercelona
17-10-2012, 05:44 PM
There was a really damning report on the Sky Sports website just after the final entitled 'Black day for Hibs', in which the main theme was Thomson's incompetence in not sending Black off and awarding Hearts the penalty, but it wasn't there for long, the headline and tone of the story changed minutes later.

If you ever want information thats rarely ever factual, just tune into the British media. :aok:

degenerated
18-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Looks like yet another incompetent display from prize ******** Craig Thomson. It happens that often with him there has to be questions not only about his ability but as to whether there's something more to it.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4594991/Romania-raging-at-ref-Craig.html

persevere1875
18-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Craig Thompson in penalty award despite the offence taking place outside the box shcoker, now I wonder where Ive seen one of those before :wink:

persevere1875
18-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Craig Thompson in penalty award despite the offence taking place outside the box shcoker, now I wonder where Ive seen one of those before :wink:

Or even shocker :greengrin

green glory
18-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Ego or incompetence. When the Yams are involved you can add cheating to his list of qualities.

cocopops1875
18-10-2012, 12:09 PM
There was a thread about this yesterday, all goes to add to my theory he is not a cheat just a shocking ref

LeighLoyal
18-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Bigger con man and cheat than Craig Whyte! :fenlon

snooky
19-10-2012, 05:04 PM
turned up? :dunno:

:faf::faf::faf: :aok:

wearethehibs
19-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Think he is the ref for tonights game. Lets see how he does.

snooky
19-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Out of interest, why?

It looked to me like the Romanian defender had a hold of the Dutch guys jersey on his shoulder and pulled him down.

Personally thought both incidents were much of a muchness, so either both were penalties or none were penalties. Either way he got one right and one wrong IMHO...

Ditto :agree:

Cropley10
20-10-2012, 04:29 PM

In the first one the Dutch boy never touches the ball, it can't be a pen.