PDA

View Full Version : Midfield for Saturday

Seveno
16-10-2012, 11:34 AM
No Deegan and Claros is unlikely to get back until Friday. assume that the team will travel up on Saturday.

So, Stevenson and Taiwo to step in ?

Stevie Reid
16-10-2012, 11:37 AM
No Deegan and Claros is unlikely to get back until Friday. assume that the team will travel up on Saturday.

So, Stevenson and Taiwo to step in ?

Start Claros unless he comes back injured, may not last the 90 but his form is too good to not pick him just now. Taiwo in for Deegan.

Hibeesmad
17-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Rm- spoony
Cm- Taiwo
Cm- claros
Lm- cairney

Sorted!

HTD1875
17-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Is taiwo fully fit? might have to throw Stanton in if Claros is unavailable as well as deegan.

Hibeesmad
18-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Is taiwo fully fit? might have to throw Stanton in if Claros is unavailable as well as deegan.

Lewis Stevenson?

Hibee87
18-10-2012, 10:37 AM
IF claros is unavaliable as well as deegan i really want to see somthing different......2 options:

put maybury back to left back and move mcgivern to left mid and move cairny in the middle with taiwo. (i do believe mcgivern can play left mid)

2 - give harris a start on the left wing - big gamble i know - move cairny to center along with taiwo.

unfortunatly i dont see a place for stevenson in the team anymore.....yes he is a fighter but its no surprise if yo uask me that out CM seems solid without him in the team

Piqué
18-10-2012, 12:34 PM
IF claros is unavaliable as well as deegan i really want to see somthing different......2 options:

put maybury back to left back and move mcgivern to left mid and move cairny in the middle with taiwo. (i do believe mcgivern can play left mid)

2 - give harris a start on the left wing - big gamble i know - move cairny to center along with taiwo.

unfortunatly i dont see a place for stevenson in the team anymore.....yes he is a fighter but its no surprise if yo uask me that out CM seems solid without him in the team
I agree with the central partnership of Cairney and Taiwo. I would like to see us start with Doyle on the left though and give Caldwell a chance with Griffiths up front. Probably too offensive to be tried out in an away game though.

Stevie Reid
18-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree with the central partnership of Cairney and Taiwo. I would like to see us start with Doyle on the left though and give Caldwell a chance with Griffiths up front. Probably too offensive to be tried out in an away game though.

I'm convinced that Fenlon will keep the same team and formation as much as possible this season, and will bring in Taiwo for Deegan and leave everything else. Doyle and Griffiths have developed a really good partnership, both are scoring goals and Cairney is playing really well wide left. Why all the changes?

Broken Gnome
18-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm convinced that Fenlon will keep the same team and formation as much as possible this season, and will bring in Taiwo for Deegan and leave everything else. Doyle and Griffiths have developed a really good partnership, both are scoring goals and Cairney is playing really well wide left. Why all the changes?

:agree:

Just as Eoin starts scoring, tad harsh to bump him back into midfield....

With Taiwo in for Deegan, team picks itself until players hit a drop in form.

truehibernian
18-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Has to be Taiwo in for Deegan with the rest unchanged. I think this will be a very tricky fixture with some Staggies with an added incentive to get the points (Adams, Sammy Morrow and Glen the ex Yam) - there's also the centre half that Calderwood wanted (red haired Edinburgh lad whose name escapes me).

They've conceded easily last two games however they fight hard and are always willing to attack. They're not too handy at defending wide areas, and Tokely in the middle can be very static.

Press high and really take the game to them. If we start the game as we did second half v Dundee then I'll be a happy Hibee.

Golden Bear
18-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Just as Eoin starts scoring, tad harsh to bump him back into midfield....

With Taiwo in for Deegan, team picks itself until players hit a drop in form.

The less changes the better.

If you only need to make one change then it doesn't make any sense to shuffle the pack and then go with an experimental line up.

Piqué
18-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm happy with keeping it the same as much as possible, just thought that Stevenson and Taiwo wont give us enough bite in the middle, which is why I would put Cairney there ahead of Stevenson. As for Doyle on the wing, that was purely because I couldnt really think of a better option if Cairney was in the middle. Plus it would give Caldwell another chance to shine. Just another option to be considered, 99% sure we won't line up like that though

Stevie Reid
18-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm happy with keeping it the same as much as possible, just thought that Stevenson and Taiwo wont give us enough bite in the middle, which is why I would put Cairney there ahead of Stevenson. As for Doyle on the wing, that was purely because I couldnt really think of a better option if Cairney was in the middle. Plus it would give Caldwell another chance to shine. Just another option to be considered, 99% sure we won't line up like that though

I'm convinced that Claros will start if he's fit. If he wasn't, I'd prefer Stevenson to come in and Cairney to stay where he is.

muzzhfc
18-10-2012, 01:31 PM
the only change should be taiwoo for deegan (as i have done with my team in fifa and currently sitting top of the spl)

is claros comes back and is jet lagged/tired - play him but take him off towards the end for one of the younger boys so they get the experience

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Lewis Stevenson?

Nope

Piqué
18-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm convinced that Claros will start if he's fit. If he wasn't, I'd prefer Stevenson to come in and Cairney to stay where he is.
Yeah Claros is the boy! Hope he is recovered from his travelling in time. I'm not Stevenson's biggest fan so I was looking for another option, would be nice to see Cairney in a more natural, central role at some point. But it's true we don't really have any other decent left sided players so you are probably right in wanting to keep him wide.

Deano_70
18-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Im hoping no Stevenson, it's no coincidence we start winning games as soon as he is out the team! Give the young boys a chance if Claros ain't back. He will be though.

hibeedonald
18-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Give stevenson a chance, he wasn't in the cup final team and was he not POTY? although no one really deserved it!

Golden Bear
19-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Apart from the midfield issue, looks like Tim Clancy is also doubtful because of a groin problem.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/pat-fenlon-is-left-feeling-guilty-over-attack-on-gary-deegan-1-2587680

jacomo
19-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Apart from the midfield issue, looks like Tim Clancy is also doubtful because of a groin problem.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/pat-fenlon-is-left-feeling-guilty-over-attack-on-gary-deegan-1-2587680

Maybury to right back and McGivern at LB, surely?

As for Lewis, he's a trier and I like him, but it seems fairly conclusive and Lewis + Claros in the middle of the park did not work well last season. Claros has improved to the point where it may be a different story now, but I would be nervous about starting them together.

Feed McGraw
19-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Give stevenson a chance, he wasn't in the cup final team and was he not POTY? although no one really deserved it!

He WAS in the cup final team.

scoopyboy
19-10-2012, 12:13 PM

He was in the Cup Final team, just that we was invisible as were most of the team.

We know what he can do, lets see what TT can do.

Stevie Reid
19-10-2012, 12:19 PM
He was in the Cup Final team, just that we was invisible as were most of the team.

We know what he can do, lets see what TT can do.

To be fair, his pass to Soares in the lead up to our goal was one of the very few positive contributions on that disastrous day. Claros got hooked after 42 minutes, he was a disaster - look at him now.

Taiwo will be in for Deegan, if Claros can't make it, I'm sure Lewis will step in.

scoopyboy
19-10-2012, 01:29 PM
To be fair, his pass to Soares in the lead up to our goal was one of the very few positive contributions on that disastrous day. Claros got hooked after 42 minutes, he was a disaster - look at him now.

If Taiwo will be in for Deegan, if Claros can't make it, I'm sure Lewis will step in.

He probably will, however I think/expect Claros will be back and rarin to go.