PDA

View Full Version : John Campbell's "At Easter Road They Play" - a book review by Ted Brack

HNA4
15-10-2012, 09:54 PM
As most of you will know, we are currently running a competition to win a copy of John Campbell's book; "At Easter Road They Play".

It's the first volume of three books by the author and covers the Hibs' fortunes and adventures from the post-World War Two era up to the end of season 1966-67.

His fellow author Ted Brack has written a detailed review of John's book and you can read it on the hibs.net front page here...

At Easter Road They Play (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?302-John-Campbell-s-At-Easter-Road-They-Play-a-review-by-Ted-Brack)

MSK
16-10-2012, 06:07 AM
As most of you will know, we are currently running a competition to win a copy of John Campbell's book; "At Easter Road They Play".

It's the first volume of three books by the author and covers the Hibs' fortunes and adventures from the post-World War Two era up to the end of season 1966-67.

His fellow author Ted Brack has written a detailed review of John's book and you can read it on the hibs.net front page here...

At Easter Road They Play (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?302-John-Campbell-s-At-Easter-Road-They-Play-a-review-by-Ted-Brack):top marks thats crimbo sorted, next book for my birthday in jan ..& I will find a good reason for getting the 3rd one ...:greengrin

DaveF
16-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Nice comments from Ted. Will certainly be buying a copy.

Congratulations on the book John :thumbsup:

hibbymac
16-10-2012, 10:19 AM
:top marks thats crimbo sorted, next book for my birthday in jan ..& I will find a good reason for getting the 3rd one ...:greengrin

:aok: Is it January the 2nd book is due out ??

MSK
16-10-2012, 04:32 PM
:aok: Is it January the 2nd book is due out ??Not sure mate, hopefully out by the 25th ..:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
16-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice comments from Ted. Will certainly be buying a copy.

Congratulations on the book John :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

StokePogesHibs
31-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

is this really delayed? Publisher must have made his numbers this year as I had it on my Christmas list.....Are they waiting to see if we get awarded league placings and cups through Rangers dual contract years? Don't understand the delay. Its history and last time i looked we couldn't do much about it! Get it out!

Big Frank
31-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Had my hardback copy for ages :scarf:

A must for all us Hibbys out there. :agree::agree:

Anyone who doesn't get one is surely a yam :agree:

Congratulations John :aok:

Jonnyboy
31-10-2012, 09:50 PM
is this really delayed? Publisher must have made his numbers this year as I had it on my Christmas list.....Are they waiting to see if we get awarded league placings and cups through Rangers dual contract years? Don't understand the delay. Its history and last time i looked we couldn't do much about it! Get it out!

OOOeeer :greengrin

It's out mate :agree:

Jonnyboy
31-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Had my hardback copy for ages :scarf:

A must for all us Hibbys out there. :agree::agree:

Anyone who doesn't get one is surely a yam :agree:

Congratulations John :aok:

Cheers C. Hope you enjoyed reading it :agree:

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow congrats JC remember your pal over here n Calgary he"ll be looking forward to buying a signed copy.=)