PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ronaldo (Brazilian one)

The Sea-gull
15-10-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19924590

Can't believe how fat he looks these days. He looks like on of these guys you went to School with and haven't seen for years and see how fat they have got.

Would never have thought he'd end up like that when he burst on the scene 20 years ago.

I know most of us will put on a bit of timber in a 20 year period but it is scary how such a great athlete can go like that.

He was absolutely devasting at one point, the best player in the world and even 10 years ago, after some injury problems, he was still one of the best.

Think of his world cup goals, his hat trick at old trafford. If you see clips of him playing for PSV and Barca in his young days he was unplayable.

hibee92
15-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Can't believe how fat he looks these days. He looks like on of these guys you went to School with and haven't seen for years and see how fat they have got.

Would never have thought he'd end up like that when he burst on the scene 20 years ago.

I know most of us will put on a bit of timber in a 20 year period but it is scary how such a great athlete can go like that.

He was absolutely devasting at one point, the best player in the world and even 10 years ago, after some injury problems, he was still one of the best.

Think of his world cup goals, his hat trick at old trafford. If you see clips of him playing for PSV and Barca in his young days he was unplayable.

Loved watching him. Easily one of my all time faves, what a player.

Macaroon
15-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Ronaldo was incredible on his day. But I don't think I'll ever enjoy watching a footballer as much as Ronaldinho. He just had such a personality and he was utterly unstoppable when in the mood. You may argue that Messi is a better player, but he just doesn't compare when it comes to entertainment.

Greendub
15-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Ronaldo was incredible on his day. But I don't think I'll ever enjoy watching a footballer as much as Ronaldinho. He just had such a personality and he was utterly unstoppable when in the mood. You may argue that Messi is a better player, but he just doesn't compare when it comes to entertainment.

Totally agree, ronaldinho is said to have played a big big part in messi making his first team debut, and he even set up messi's first goal...TWICE!

The_Exile
15-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Ronaldo and Rivaldo were my footballing heroes growing up. Ronaldo is probably the best pure striker I have ever seen, when he got the ball you just though "here's a goal", watching defenders trying to stop him was comedy gold, he was so big, strong AND lightning quick footwork, amazing.

Apocalypso
15-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Hooolaaaaaaaaay testicle Tuesday, that guy got fat.

Obviously eating the same kind of meals as Sally McCoist. Lard pieces.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2012, 03:05 PM
The original and best Ronaldo.

As good as Cristiano is, he just doesn't get me off my seat in the same way fat Ronaldo could. His season at Barca was arguably his best, he was sensational. Pace, strength, technique, enthusiasm. He had everything.

The Voice Of Reason
15-10-2012, 03:10 PM
More Chins than the Chinese Phone Book.

Ronaldo makes me look like Twiggy.

stokesmessiah
15-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Am i not right in thinking that his weight gain is something to do with a medical condition though?

And i dont mean eatius crispusitis either.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-10-2012, 03:32 PM
The original and best Ronaldo.

As good as Cristiano is, he just doesn't get me off my seat in the same way fat Ronaldo could. His season at Barca was arguably his best, he was sensational. Pace, strength, technique, enthusiasm. He had everything.

He wasn't the original one tho'.
The original player we think of as Ronaldo emerged in Brasil when there was already a player named Ronaldo. Ronaldo was then called Ronaldinho (little Ronaldo). In a short time He grew a bit older (and better) and became Ronaldo and the rest is history.
As for Juninho (little Junior) there was about 3 of then and got called by their state (juninho Paulisita - Celtic from Sao Paulo, Juninho Pernambucano -'from Pernambuco think he played in Milan iirc

sbell1875
15-10-2012, 04:10 PM

I get the story being about Ronaldo and Brazil but why have they interviewed Craig Charles from Red Dwarf?

The Green Goblin
15-10-2012, 04:39 PM
There was talk of a medical condition, but one learns to take such things with a large pinch of salt.

There's a "reality show" on here right now where a team of guys are trying to help him lose weight. A kind of fallen superstar version of "The Biggest Loser".

I will say this though...when he came back to Corinthians a few years ago, he was just as fat and could hardly run, but still managed to score some exquisite goals, including derby winners.

Haymaker
15-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Greatest all round striker ever IMO. Had it all. :agree:

Sadly listened to the money when he should have stayed in Barcelona. Still provided some of the best goals ever and the game at OT... well anyone who wants to be a forward should watch that game, standing ovation from the United fans speaks for itself.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-10-2012, 05:00 PM
There was talk of a medical condition, but one learns to take such things with a large pinch of salt.

There's a "reality show" on here right now where a team of guys are trying to help him lose weight. A kind of fallen superstar version of "The Biggest Loser".

I will say this though...when he came back to Corinthians a few years ago, he was just as fat and could hardly run, but still managed to score some exquisite goals, including derby winners.

Including his debut against Palmerias :( - didn't Have to even run cracker of a header from a corner - que bosta! He'd done nothing all game til then iirc. Caught the goal as I was departing from the airport at Sao Paulo and heard the cheers - sickening :.....(

California-Hibs
15-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Although he has completely let himself go, even in his playing day's he was abit chubby. Outstanding player though! :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2012, 09:15 PM
He's not the only footballer to pile on the pounds after giving up the game. Players that were not natural athletes all seem to go to land fill. One that really shocked me was ex Arsenal full back Kenny Sansom.

The Green Goblin
15-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Including his debut against Palmerias :( - didn't Have to even run cracker of a header from a corner - que bosta! He'd done nothing all game til then iirc. Caught the goal as I was departing from the airport at Sao Paulo and heard the cheers - sickening :.....(

That`ll be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdOxcO7jQeM

Yup, 93rd minute, done sod all, then woosh... 1-1. The thing you have to wonder about though, is what happens with the fence and the crowd after he scores. Can you imagine what would happen if someone did that and caused that kind of ruccus in scotland? :greengrin

The Green Goblin
15-10-2012, 11:19 PM
This was the one that really had folks talking though. The funny thing is, in the old days, it would have been head down, rip the defenders for pace and bury it. He probably turned back and chipped it in because he couldn`t be arsed running towards the goal, or didn`t have it in him. :greengrin

Nice finish though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIzWhYKFzU

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-10-2012, 01:36 AM

Weight problems seem to be a genetic thing in the family

Ronaldo is a good guy tho, Good heart :agree:

\

Aritch
16-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Weight problems seem to be a genetic thing in the family

\

It's true. Ronaldo's family have an unfortunate genetic predisposition towards "eating all the pies".

EdinMike
16-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I think the phrase "Rivaldo, to Ronaldo..." is embedded in my head forever..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjD9Kz8DDY&feature=g-vrec