PDA

View Full Version : Ross county game

Hibeesmad
07-10-2012, 03:13 AM
So who is going up to Ross county? I'll 100% be going, this season is actually one I look forward to watching hibs.

Not looking forward to the journey though...GGTTH

gackohibs
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Me! Bus leaves at 830. Ggtth

SkyeHibs
07-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Any Hibees coming up to Dingwall if they have time should explore the North West from Dingwall. Spectacular scenery, not least the road to Skye.

Albanian Hibs
07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Any Hibees coming up to Dingwall if they have time should explore the North West from Dingwall. Spectacular scenery, not least the road to Skye.

Done this a couple of years ago. Beautiful all the way up to skye. Anyway i will be there as long as my old man can arrange a seat on the bus.

Golden Bear
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I see from the official site that tickets are being sold in advance of the fixture but it doesn't actually state that the game is "all ticket."

I presume that you'll still be able to pay at the gate?

:hmmm:

hibee81
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
me and my wee boy will be there. Canny wait.

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Aye, I think so. It will be a new experience and a scenic trip. It's a hell of a trek but will be an adventure.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
It's not as far as you think. Once you pass the Caley Thistle ground it's only another 15 mins or so.

SteveHFC
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
6:30 train up to inverness on the sat morning, overnight stay in inverness and 18:30 train back on sunday.
should be time for a pint:greengrin

edit: got 1 spare train seat if anyone wants it £12 return but it could be used as a single as well

inglisavhibs
07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
So who is going up to Ross county? I'll 100% be going, this season is actually one I look forward to watching hibs.

Not looking forward to the journey though...GGTTH

It's a great wee ground, much better than Inverness and a brilliant atmosphere. The journey is not too bad and I'm sure Hibs will take a good support. The game itself will be tough as it's not an easy place to get a result. Worth going especially if you haven't been there before.

edinburghhibee
07-10-2012, 11:45 PM
When the fixtures were released this and tynie were the two I looked out for first and typcally it falls on the weekend I am away to a show, ********!!!!!

jgl07
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
It's not as far as you think. Once you pass the Caley Thistle ground it's only another 15 mins or so.

It is not even the most Northerly ground in the SPL/SFL as Elgin City is further North!

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Any busses got a spare seat?? And how much?

onlyonesauzee4
15-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Live in Aberdeen and keen to travel across to Dingwall on Saturday for the game. However on our site says nothing about pay at the gate and have no way of getting to Edinburgh or anything like that to get tickets. anyone any ideas?

skyehibee
15-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Having similar problem, everytime i click on pay now it takes me too a screen that doesn't load up correctly. :confused:

Golden Bear
15-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Live in Aberdeen and keen to travel across to Dingwall on Saturday for the game. However on our site says nothing about pay at the gate and have no way of getting to Edinburgh or anything like that to get tickets. anyone any ideas?

I'd give Ross County a ring, explain the situation, and enquire whether or not there will be a cash gate on Saturday.

number9dream
15-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I'd give Ross County a ring, explain the situation, and enquire whether or not there will be a cash gate on Saturday.

Victoria Park usually like St Mirren. Buy a ticket from the wee hut then get in queue for turnstiles. Worth a call to make sure...

SteveHFC
15-10-2012, 04:31 PM
a wee update
still have a spare seat on train up and down £12 return, however we are staying overnight in inverness
6:32am train up on sat and now changed to 10:44 back on sunday

6:30 train up to inverness on the sat morning, overnight stay in inverness and 18:30 train back on sunday.

edit: got 1 spare train seat if anyone wants it £12 return but it could be used as a single as well

skyehibee
15-10-2012, 05:07 PM

Just bought myself a ticket there, if you go onto ticketmaster can purchase one off that site. Seemed to work better than going direct from the hibs website and also they will deliver the tickets to your address..Sorted! Hope they come in time now :thumbsup:

skyehibee
15-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone know of the best area to park thats not too far from the ground?

silverhibee
15-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Anyone know of the best area to park thats not too far from the ground?

Next to the ground. Or at the hospital.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd like to go.

Got a hotel that I've stayed at before booked for the Saturday night and looking forward to the weekend.

However, I've yet to get any word back from Hibs after e-mailing and phoning them and leaving voicemail messages to try and get my name added to the list.

Still waiting on a response. :boo hoo:

oconnors_strip
15-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I'd like to go.

Got a hotel that I've stayed at before booked for the Saturday night and looking forward to the weekend.

However, I've yet to get any word back from Hibs after e-mailing and phoning them and leaving voicemail messages to try and get my name added to the list.

Still waiting on a response. :boo hoo:

Not sure what is happening with disabled fans in wheelchairs as the advert for tickets said people on DLA were concessions and to buy just like normal tickets

.Sean.
15-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Another 'heck of a journey'. No it's not, it's only about 3 and a half hours in a bus!

I'll be there, really looking forward to it. :agree:

legends of 73
15-10-2012, 06:50 PM
as the title says

it seems that there are lots of guys wanting to go to dingwall on saturday but with the lack of buses going and the price and times of the trains would the admins of .net not think of running a bus to the game to help fans get to the game,more important than the motherwell imho

I would have tried to sort something but i'm away till friday so it's a non starter for me thats why i've booked my seat on a bus so come on admins lets do it and get as many up there as possible:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

wick hibby
15-10-2012, 06:54 PM
The wickers will be down just a little trip lol

Sir David Gray
15-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Not sure what is happening with disabled fans in wheelchairs as the advert for tickets said people on DLA were concessions and to buy just like normal tickets

Yeah I noticed that on the website but it's not really clear.

I've never known any other way of obtaining tickets for an away game, except by either picking tickets up from Easter Road or by giving my name to Hibs beforehand and then collecting the tickets from the home club on the day of the game.

The mention of the DLA is really strange. Will I need to hand over proof that I receive this on the day of the game to a steward before they let me in?

When you say "buy just like normal tickets" I'm guessing you mean that I should be phoning the 0844 number for this particular game? I've always been under the impression that this number didn't deal with enquiries from disabled supporters and that's why the club has a dedicated disabled helpline.

I'm guessing that you guys involved in the DSA have had no word from either Hibs or Ross County on this matter?

Chuck Rhoades
15-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I would book 8 for a start.

legends of 73
15-10-2012, 07:19 PM
as the title says

it seems that there are lots of guys wanting to go to dingwall on saturday but with the lack of buses going and the price and times of the trains would the admins of .net not think of running a bus to the game to help fans get to the game,more important than the motherwell imho

I would have tried to sort something but i'm away till friday so it's a non starter for me thats why i've booked my seat on a bus so come on admins lets do it and get as many up there as possible:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

with the post been moved i take its a no then:confused:

Cod Boy
15-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I would book 8 for a start.

Didn't you have 8 seats on a bus

marinello59
15-10-2012, 07:35 PM
with the post been moved i take its a no then:confused:

As you know we are running a subsidised bus to Motherwell. We'll see how that goes before we make any decision about another one.
In response to criticism we received from several bus conveners over advertising a hibs.net bus we now have travel threads stickied on the main forum. I haven't looked but perhaps some of the regular buses still have some spaces?

jimmythefish
15-10-2012, 07:37 PM
will be going, drive up fi stratford upon avon on friday wi my brother stay wi the folks friday night & looks like gonna have to drive up to dingwall saturday morning, back to folks saturday & off home sunday, have tried to get a couple o seats on a bus but no luck, anybody wi 2 spare seats on bus & i'd be very very grateful

oconnors_strip
15-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah I noticed that on the website but it's not really clear.

I've never known any other way of obtaining tickets for an away game, except by either picking tickets up from Easter Road or by giving my name to Hibs beforehand and then collecting the tickets from the home club on the day of the game.

The mention of the DLA is really strange. Will I need to hand over proof that I receive this on the day of the game to a steward before they let me in?

When you say "buy just like normal tickets" I'm guessing you mean that I should be phoning the 0844 number for this particular game? I've always been under the impression that this number didn't deal with enquiries from disabled supporters and that's why the club has a dedicated disabled helpline.

I'm guessing that you guys involved in the DSA have had no word from either Hibs or Ross County on this matter?

Yeah phone the normal number as you will be listed on the database as disabled and should get ticket ok. The hibs dsa haven't had any word about the game, to save time and hassle I would advise contacting county themselves

.Sean.
15-10-2012, 08:16 PM
As far as i'm aware, there are only 2 supporters buses running and both are full.

brythehibby
15-10-2012, 08:22 PM
2 spare seats needed if any. By bus or car happy to contribute fuel cost if anyone is driving up and has room for another 2.

ronaldo7
15-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll be going up. First time at the ground for me. Looking forward to it. Staying in Aviemore with family on the way home. Few pints in the cairn on Saturday night and then doon the road in the morning.:aok:

silverhibee
15-10-2012, 08:56 PM

I will take that train ticket Steve. :aok:

PM Me. :aok:

SteveHFC
15-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I will take that train ticket Steve. :aok:

PM Me. :aok:

:fenlon

Sir David Gray
15-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah phone the normal number as you will be listed on the database as disabled and should get ticket ok. The hibs dsa haven't had any word about the game, to save time and hassle I would advise contacting county themselves

I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon. I sent an e-mail last week to Nicola Laing and I phoned the disabled helpline this afternoon.

I've had no response on either occasion so far but I left a voicemail on the helpline number giving my name and number and asking for them to get in touch with me.

If I don't get a reply by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to try the more general e-mail addresses, I think there's tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and club@hibernianfc.co.uk.

I'll try them and see how I get on.

silverhibee
15-10-2012, 09:04 PM
:fenlon

:na na::na na:

Albanian Hibs
15-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Dont understand why there is only a couple of buses running? Surely the demand is there for a couple more. I know a lot of folk who are looking for spare seats.

I will be there. Will be my first visit to the ground and looking forward to it (and a day on the bevvy!)

Dalkeith
16-10-2012, 08:26 AM
just spoken to ross county, tickets for hibs end can be purchased from their ticket office opposite main stand on Saturday

wick hibby
16-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Is the hibs /ross game ticket or pay at the gate??

HH81
16-10-2012, 05:36 PM
You can buy a ticket at their ticket office at the ground.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2012, 06:38 PM
I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon. I sent an e-mail last week to Nicola Laing and I phoned the disabled helpline this afternoon.

I've had no response on either occasion so far but I left a voicemail on the helpline number giving my name and number and asking for them to get in touch with me.

If I don't get a reply by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to try the more general e-mail addresses, I think there's tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and club@hibernianfc.co.uk.

I'll try them and see how I get on.

Got e-mail reply from Nicola Laing today. She's been off for the past few days.

Got my tickets sorted out for Saturday!

Really looking forward to the weekend, hope it has a good ending! :aok:

wick hibby
16-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Cheers
:thumbsup:

green&left
16-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Also looking for two seats on a bus, if not it will be a sober drive up!

Checked the citylink and the buses that have seats available are no good with regards to the trains to and from Dingwall from Inverness.

marinello59
16-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Also looking for two seats on a bus, if not it will be a sober drive up!

Checked the citylink and the buses that have seats available are no good with regards to the trains to and from Dingwall from Inverness.

The bus service between Inverness and Dingwall is pretty good. Try checking that out.

Dalkeith
16-10-2012, 07:34 PM
buses leave royal hotel (5 mins from ground) 17:03, 17:35, 18:27, 19:12 takes about 30 mins

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_19101_28%20Inverness.pdf

Hibby Mike
17-10-2012, 03:11 PM

Guys,
Here's an email I've received from the Ross County Club Admin with regard to tickets purchase.

"Hi Michael,
Call us on 01349 860860 and ask for Jennifer. She will arrange tickets for you over the phone. There will be no fees/charges other than the cost of the Tickets and you will be able to collect the tickets from the Stadium on your arrival.
Looking forward to the "Battle".
Regards
Sandy"

Also below some info that was forwarded on from me by a Ross County supporting mate of mine. It's long winded, but there is lots of info on bars, restaurants, transport, etc that may be of use to many of us who are going. It's a sticky thread he posted on the Pie and Bovril forum, for those that venture there...

"As we're new to playing most of you lot, I thought a nice little thread on pre-match pubs might be in order. I'll try and update when I get more time (or another County fan helps out) with more info on places for food.

PUBS
For visiting fans to Dingwall there are a few options. If you're making your way up via public transport you will need to changeover either by bus or train in Inverness. There are plenty of pubs within a stones throw of Inverness train station, as many of you probably already know from ICT games. If you would like to fire on straight through to Dingwall though, or if you're on a supporters bus going direct, then here's the pub situation for Dingwall.

Strikers Lounge:
A bar within the stadium where you need your match ticket to get in, but apparently this season this bar will be for use of home fans only. In other words, Dundee fans who may have used this bar last year (or ICT a couple of seasons ago), you will no longer be able to use this bar.

The Mallard:
The closest pub to the ground, and the kind-of "beer garden" actually doubles as the train platform. This means that if you take the train to Dingwall, you can step off it and pretty much fall into the pub. While The Mallard isn't always the quickest at serving (as it gets very busy), it is a cracking place and always has a good atmosphere, with the bar right in the middle, surrounded on all sides. It is also right next to the bridge that leads to the stadium.

The National Hotel/The Viking Bar:
A couple of hundred yards further from the ground than The Mallard, the National Hotel/Viking Bar is another decent pub. Service here can be a bit (a little) quicker, and if you're lucky enough to get on it, there is a pool table here, unlike The Mallard. You may also have the privelege of meeting the infamous Snowball here.

County Tavern:
I've never been there, but just another hundred yards or so further away from the ground than the National, on the opposite side of the road where buses to Dingwall arive, is the County Tavern. Cheap and cheerful for those who are serious about drinking.

The Caledonian Hotel:
This is a nice wee pub, but it is further from the ground. It is roughly halfway up the pedestrian part of the High Street and maybe about 10 minutes walk from the stadium at most. Being a little further out of the way, I believe it is normally quieter and less football orientated on match-days.

British Legion:
At the top end of the High Street, near the end of the pedestrianised area, is open to public, decent prices, and have already started advertising that it's the 'place to go' before games next season. Public bar and a large function room with another bar, which I think they plan opening if it's busy. There is also a small restaurant on the premises.

The Picture House:
The Picture House, half-way up the high street is another option, plenty space inside, never been in it myself.

FOOD ETC

The Mallard:
The aforementioned pub at the station also does food if you can get in early enough when it's quiet. Is there anything this pub can't do? Yes, actually: pool and darts (on a match-day).

Harry Gow's:
The bakers that has slowly taken over the Highlands. There's one in almost all of the main towns in the area, and with good reason. A damn good bakers, and would be a highly recommended visit if it wasn't for the competition of the wonderful Deas (see below). Harry Gow's is just along from The Viking.

1st Pizza Direct:
Run of the mill Pizza takeaway, at the start of the pedestrian area of the High Street.

Wimpy:
The infamous Colin McMenamin Wimpy (sorry, last season's first division pre-match banter). Yes, seeing as Dingwall is still technically in 1984, it still has a Wimpy Restaraunt, and it is still decent enough. You'll find this classic halfway up the pedestrian area of the High Street.

The Caledonian Hotel:
As mentioned above. Last orders at 2. Note there are 2 bars, one entrance on the high street and another entrance down the alley to a smaller bar at the back. Meals served in both.

Deas Bakery:
Dingwall has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to bakeries. There are two "Deas" at either end of the pedestrian area of the High Street, and they are mighty fine. Dea's are most famed for producing the pies sold at County, which if you aren't familiar with, won Big Gus' Pie Competition almost at a canter. I/we look forward to comparing and battling Deas with the Killie Pies this season.

Renato's:
A chippy/chipper/chip shop or whatever else you want to call it. This is at the furthest off point of the High Street from the ground.

Courtyard Cafe:
For more 'refined' fans, the Courtyard Cafe does decent paninis and other stuff, not licensed though, just off the Lidl car park. Turn down the alley more or less opposite Dingwall Tandoori.

Grant's Cafe:
Opposite Dingwall Tandoori. Decent for meals, and licensed. Also offers free WiFi for 1hr.

Dingwall Tea Rooms:
Also in the Station Car Park just along from the Mallard there is a tea room serving soup and sandwiches etc, don't think it's licensed, but the Mallard is about 30yds away.

TESCO:
As with the majority of TESCO shops, there is an in-store cafe. If on foot, follow the road (against the flow of traffic) away from the High Street, and cut accross the car park in the middle of town and you can't miss it.

CASH MACHINES
For those of you needing to top up the old booze funds, there are a few cash machines on Dingwall High Street, aswell as at the nearby Tesco's & Lidl's however the closest one to the ground is at the bank between The Mallard and The National/Viking.

So what's the story with everywhere else?

Also, County fans, feel free to add/point out inaccuracies!
(Credit to Stuart Taylor for some of the info)

Sherrif John Bunnell, on 27 July 2012 - 07:25, said:
Due to Dingwall being a very small town and there only being a few pubs, your best bet might be to get your food and drink in Inverness before you head up.

The cheapest and quickest way to get to Dingwall from Inverness is the no 27 bus that goes from Inverness bus station to the Royal Hotel in Dingwall. It is £4.50 for a return fare and there are buses in both directions every 30mins on a Saturday. Be careful you don't get on the no 28 bus by mistake, as that service goes via Beauly, Muir of Ord and Timbuktu and takes more than 1hr to get from Inverness to Dingwall!

Inv Bus Station - Dingwall Royal Hotel
1305 -1332
1335 - 1402
1405 - 1432

Dingwall Royal Hotel - Inv Bus Station
1703 - 1730
1733 - 1800

There are trains that arrive in Dingwall from Inverness at 1402 and 1428, but there are no trains going South from Dingwall to Inverness after the match until 1912. The cheapest return fare is £8.80 which is over £4 more expensive than the bus".