stevens
murphy

riordan
zemmama
osbourne
thomson

vaz te
fletcher

not too bad an 11.... i'm bored... its either this or ironing...

:)

nonshinyfinish
14-10-2012, 05:37 PM
stack

whittaker
grounds
stevens
murphy

riordan
zemmama
osbourne
thomson

vaz te
fletcher

not too bad an 11.... i'm bored... its either this or ironing...

:)

Why play a left-back in central defence? Did Rob Jones make the beast with two backs with your better half?

Stick Jones and Caldwell in as the central defenders and you do indeed have a decent team.

stu in nottingham
14-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Sub: Stephen Dobbie

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Nick Colgan in goal for me.

nonshinyfinish
14-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Nick Colgan in goal for me.

Didn't know until now that he was playing in the English league...completely agree. :agree:

jgl07
14-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Didn't know until now that he was playing playing in the English league...completely agree. :agree:

You evidently did not pick up on his sub appearance for Huddersfield at Easter Road this preseason.

frazeHFC
14-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Agree completely - Colgan, Caldwell and Jones for Stack, Stephens and Grounds and it's a decent team.

strummbo
14-10-2012, 06:36 PM
forgot about caldwell and colgan... is jones still playing... i thought he had retired 'scuse the omission

nonshinyfinish
14-10-2012, 07:00 PM
You evidently did not pick up on his sub appearance for Huddersfield at Easter Road this preseason.

Indeed I didn't, I wasn't there.

Winston Ingram
14-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Some of you guys must thinking of a different Nick Colgan. To say he was bang average is me being extremely generous:agree:

Squealing pig
14-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Nick colgan was a poor goalkeeper.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Some of you guys must thinking of a different Nick Colgan. To say he was bang average is me being extremely generous:agree:

No you are! All about opinions of course and memories.

greenginger
14-10-2012, 07:59 PM
forgot about caldwell and colgan... is jones still playing... i thought he had retired 'scuse the omission

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19854851

This our old captain scoring a late equaliser ! :agree:

hfc rd
14-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Why play a left-back in central defence? Did Rob Jones make the beast with two backs with your better half?

Stick Jones and Caldwell in as the central defenders and you do indeed have a decent team.

Agree. Jones & Caldwell over Stephens & Grounds every day of the week.

Speedy
14-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Sub: Stephen Dobbie

I'd play him ahead of osbourne in midfield and play 4-3-3 with vaz te and riordan as the wide players up front.

big-mo
14-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Apart from missing a penalty on Saturday, Clyton Donaldson has also been putting them away this season, six so far.

I also noticed that when Stephens scored on Saturday, SSN mentioned that he was a former Hibs player, they also mentioned this on the BBC Football League show in their highlights, I found this strange as we would not normally get a mention.

nonshinyfinish
14-10-2012, 08:36 PM

Pish...have you seen our goalkeepers since?

Hibercelona
14-10-2012, 08:37 PM

No he wasn't.

He wasn't fantastic, but i'd have him over anybody we had after him.

Eyrie
14-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Nick colgan was a poor goalkeeper.I recall him being pretty decent for us.

ballengeich
14-10-2012, 10:38 PM

He's still playing. I saw him as captain of Doncaster Rovers last month in a 0-0 draw at Sheffield United. It played into his strengths as it was a typical English lower league route 1 game. His partner in central defence isn't quite as tall, but is much broader so they repelled the Blades' efforts fairly easily. He scored against Hartlepool yesterday.

stu in nottingham
14-10-2012, 11:10 PM
How about a team of Hibbies that played in England at any point of their career? I'll offer a few to start things off:

Some team...

Goram

Brownlie - ? - Blackley - ?

? - ? - Cormack - Cropley

Best - Johnstone - Baker

Wheat Hound
15-10-2012, 01:12 AM
How about a team of Hibbies that played in England at any point of their career? I'll offer a few to start things off:

Some team...

Goram

Brownlie - ? - Blackley - ?

? - ? - Cormack - Cropley

Best - Johnstone - Baker

Could play Best on wing and stick Archibald up front. Potentially also Durie, Rice, Weir and Johnny C.

hibbybrian
15-10-2012, 04:31 AM

Some team...

Goram

Brownlie - John McNamee - Blackley - John Parke

Willie Hamilton - Des Bremner - Cormack - Cropley

Best - Johnstone - Baker

Also from further back:

Goalies - Willie Harper, Tommy Younger, Ronnie Simpson, George Farm and Jimmy Kerr

Defenders - Dan Doyle, Tommy Leishman, Alex Raisbeck, Joe Davis

Midfielders - James Dunn, Willie Groves, Johnny MacLeod, Davie Gibson, Jim Scott

Forwards - Sandy McMahon, James Blessington, Jimmy McColl, Alex Linwood

hibsbollah
15-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Apart from Amadou, have any ex- Hibs players gone on to conquer Italy? Just another reason why Fletcher will never be in the same bracket as Konte IMO.

(there is a serious question there, honest)

PatHead
15-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Apart from Amadou, have any ex- Hibs players gone on to conquer Italy? Just another reason why Fletcher will never be in the same bracket as Konte IMO.

(there is a serious question there, honest)

Joe Baker