PDA

View Full Version : Racism shows its ugly head again

Pretty Boy
14-10-2012, 02:10 PM
One weekend, 3 alleged racist incidents involving football fans and players.

Aberdeen keeper Jason Brown receives a racist tweet after Wales beat Scotland.

Oldham winger Lee Croft allegedly racially abuses a ball boy.

Ex Hibby Clayton Donaldson also subjected to racist abuse on Twitter after missing a penalty.

Seriously what ****ing century are these cretins living in?

HibeeN
14-10-2012, 02:44 PM
The social media aspect of it just gives these idiots a platform to spout their idiocy and hate - most of them wouldn't have the nerve or audacity to say it to their faces but from behind the safety of a computer they think they can get away with unacceptable levels of abuse. What's worse, if they get a reaction either from their target or other people sticking up for the target, it gives them an inflated feeling of self-importance from the attention they get. It's really pathetic.

Keith_M
14-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe It's just a sign of my age but I really don't get this Twitter stuff. As other have said, it's yet another avenue for people to anymously spout views that are deplored by the majority. Every week we hear of yet another person in the public eye, usually a footballer, get into trouble as people take offense over something he may or may not have Twitted. Then something like this where they get 'tweeted' with other people's offensive views.

What is it about these people that makes them want to share every mundane event or opinion with the masses? If I were a football club owner, I'd ban all my players from using Social Networking accounts like Twitter and Facebook.

Stick to Football fans websites and spout your p*sh on here :wink:

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe It's just a sign of my age but I really don't get this Twitter stuff. As other have said, it's yet another avenue for people to anymously spout views that are deplored by the majority. Every week we hear of yet another person in the public eye, usually a footballer, get into trouble as people take offense over something he may or may not have Twitted. Then something like this where they get 'tweeted' with other people's offensive views.

What is it about these people that makes them want to share every mundane event or opinion with the masses? If I were a football club owner, I'd ban all my players from using Social Networking accounts like Twitter and Facebook.

Stick to Football fans websites and spout your p*sh on here :wink:

:agree: Tweeters are Twats and Facebookers are Fuds.

StevesFamau5
14-10-2012, 06:39 PM
its really sad that pretty much any knuckledragger can abuse any person they want at any time. the term trolling wasn't even in my vocab and now i hear someones trolling someone on facebook or twatter... the reality is for every one person who abuses someone and gets caught there are several thousand who get away with it. hate pages and vile pictures are so common now. i miss the days of someone saying that "my dads gonnae pure batter your dad" :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jamieross
14-10-2012, 06:42 PM
One weekend, 3 alleged racist incidents involving football fans and players.

Aberdeen keeper Jason Brown receives a racist tweet after Wales beat Scotland.

Oldham winger Lee Croft allegedly racially abuses a ball boy.

Ex Hibby Clayton Donaldson also subjected to racist abuse on Twitter after missing a penalty.

Seriously what ****ing century are these cretins living in?

Has this one been proven yet? Im not saying has or hasnt. When i saw it on TV, all i could see was, young laddie trying to act smart then get an earful of an older male. Seemed quite distraught at the end, although could be cause he got the earful. Theres two folk that no the truth but which one is it?

Pretty Boy
14-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Has this one been proven yet? Im not saying has or hasnt. When i saw it on TV, all i could see was, young laddie trying to act smart then get an earful of an older male. Seemed quite distraught at the end, although could be cause he got the earful. Theres two folk that no the truth but which one is it?

Nothing proven yet hence allegedly.

I think the reaction of the other player nearby says a lot, he goes mental. Croft obviously says something out of order, racism is a very serious allegation though obviously.

hibsbollah
14-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Lee Croft came across like a total dick when he played at ER. I sort of hope its true, it would confirm all my prejudices about him.

Hibercelona
14-10-2012, 07:09 PM
I find the whole facebook/twitter stuff extremely petty.

Whether its racism or not, people of high profile are always going to get some form of abuse by the Internet trolls.

Best way to deal with it is to simply block the account of the abuser and report them to the website administration team.

No point blowing the whole situation up, as it only gives these idiots the attention they crave and encourages more idiots to join in.

jamieross
15-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Nothing proven yet hence allegedly.

I think the reaction of the other player nearby says a lot, he goes mental. Croft obviously says something out of order, racism is a very serious allegation though obviously.

Yeah I seen that aswell. If its a made up claim, its shocking for the laddie to have caused someone alot of worry and vice versa if true, shame for the laddie to get abused like that.

SaudiHibby
15-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Facebook is great for us expats to stay in touch with distant pals, relatives and exes :wink: A Certain English person on here who supports a well known team from Merseyside seems to be keen on giving everyone his opinion on anything and everything. It maybe should be suggested that said person should wind his neck in as he is becoming more and more abusive to real Hibbies :flag:

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Facebook is great for us expats to stay in touch with distant pals, relatives and exes :wink: A Certain English person on here who supports a well known team from Merseyside seems to be keen on giving everyone his opinion on anything and everything. It maybe should be suggested that said person should wind his neck in as he is becoming more and more abusive to real Hibbies :flag:

Ach away and facebook yersel! Real Hibbies :hilarious I love it when people say that and think they are a better supporter than others.

If my facebook jibe which was meant as a laugh did indeed offend you then I am truly.........................amused!

SaudiHibby
15-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Ach away and facebook yersel! Real Hibbies :hilarious I love it when people say that and think they are a better supporter than others.

If my facebook jibe which was meant as a laugh did indeed offend you then I am truly.........................amused!

Wee bit long in the tooth to be offended by a scally. It was a reference to a growing number of mildly offensive posts that when taken collectively make you sound like a bit of an arse. Only my opinion of course and you are a red first therefore not a real Hibby in my book and therefore a guest. Just sayin la.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Wee bit long in the tooth to be offended by a scally. It was a reference to a growing number of mildly offensive posts that when taken collectively make you sound like a bit of an arse. Only my opinion of course and you are a red first therefore not a real Hibby in my book and therefore a guest. Just sayin la.

Another self righteous post about being a real hibby only makes you sound even more of an arse, only in my opinion of course!

I couldn't really give a toss what goes "in your book" with regard to Hibbyness but just out of interest and so I can work towards it, please let me know the "real hibby" criteria as twenty years of having a season ticket, is obviously well below the standard.

Scally :rolleyes: