PDA

View Full Version : David Stephens scores for Barnet

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Only a matter of time before the "if only we had kept him" posts.

blaikie
13-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Who is David Stephens? I don't remember him?

frazeHFC
13-10-2012, 02:57 PM

I always said he would make a top striker for us, nobody listened! :whistle: :greengrin

Jones28
13-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Another one of these threads eh...

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Another one of these threads eh...

Couldnae find a sarcasm smiley for my op.

HoboHarry
13-10-2012, 03:12 PM
A real goal or an own goal? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
13-10-2012, 03:22 PM
They are getting pumped 3-1 now and apparently Stacky caught in 'no man's land' at one point.

Let's not.

LeighLoyal
13-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Barnet is his level, so I think he'll do okay.

Jones28
13-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Couldnae find a sarcasm smiley for my op.

My mistake *eats ****load of humble pie

heretoday
13-10-2012, 04:25 PM
If only we had kept him.

Mark79
13-10-2012, 04:40 PM
In my opinion he was our best centre half. Stupid to let him go. Had pace and strength

wearethehibs
13-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Thought he was promising. 1 of the players I would have kept, along with Pallson. Probably why Im not a football manager eh.

Dinkydoo
13-10-2012, 05:10 PM
He is the worst CH I've ever seen at Hibs. I include Dikoh and Martis in that assessment.

leither17
13-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Dickoh was brilliant as a striker that goal at ibrox was something else

Billy Whizz
13-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Dickoh was brilliant as a striker that goal at ibrox was something else

Yup, that was one of the best Hibs teams as well!

Bostonhibby
13-10-2012, 06:13 PM

:agree: Could be the next Edgar Davids.we just never seen it:greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Nah...

Thought he was promising. 1 of the players I would have kept, along with Pallson. Probably why Im not a football manager eh.

Yup.

Absolute garbage, league two is about his level and I don't expect him to prove us wrong in the long term either.

The_Exile
13-10-2012, 06:30 PM
He is the worst CH I've ever seen at Hibs. I include Dikoh and Martis in that assessment.

Are you too young to remember Lilian Martin? :greengrin

HH81
13-10-2012, 06:31 PM
His best games i saw was at Blackpool. Says it all really and never pushed on from there.

Bostonhibby
13-10-2012, 06:42 PM

We got money for Martis, still can't believe it, having said that comparing just these 3 I'd agree with you - the other 2 never had any more potential to show us and seemed to play at the limit of their ability so fair play to them - Martis even applied himself enough to appear and score in the EPL for WBA.

Over a couple of seasons all I ever heard about, but rarely seen, was Stephens potential, maybe that is finally being realised where he in now and good luck to him but given how good our youth team were in the same time frame I am not sure what he added or why he was kept for so long, good shout by PF to try him out quickly then move him on.

allezsauzee
13-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Why not, we seem to get a Clayton Donaldson thread every time he scores

Twiglet
13-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Just seen the goals and got to say the Barnet defence made Stacks job very difficult. They gave the opposition far too much room for the 3 goals from open play.

jgl07
13-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Are you too young to remember Lilian Martin? :greengrin

He was a full back you dork!

fatbloke
14-10-2012, 01:03 AM
rob jones scored for Doncaster too:greengrin

zlatan
14-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Martis really wasn't that bad for us. A few unfortunate og's aside he was just a forgetful enough defender for us that fell out of favour with a new manager after a good start under Mowbray. I remember him taking time out to rubbish reports he had slagged off Collins after leaving us as well which he didn't need to do.

PeterboroHibee
14-10-2012, 07:33 AM

Think that's a bit harsh, he came to Hibs when he was what, 18? Realistically, he could have still been in a youth set-up at that age.

Personally, O'Hanlon is the worst CB Ive seen play for us in recent years. Mental that Calderwood talked him up as the answer to our defensive problems, cant think of one strength he had as a defender. He caused chaos nearly every time he played in that defence.

Gala Foxes
14-10-2012, 08:02 AM
One of many poor short term signings /loanees that came to Easter Road, stayed a short while and made no impact whatsoever

Guy always looked overweight and slow

500miles
14-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Hibs couldn't wait for him to fulfil his potential, but that potential is there, for sure. 4-5 years time he might have cut out the daft mistakes, which were his biggest problem. He's big, strong, quick and, in amongst the mistakes, he had a few good performances.

It'll be interesting to see where he is in 4/5 years time. Depends on his attitude and the coaching he gets.

Silversand
14-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Stacky caught in 'no man's land' at one point.

Another one we let go too early.

:duck:

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2012, 09:31 AM
As much as we can argue about keeping Stephens and have we made a mistake letting him go, on the face of it, there are 91 clubs down South that didn't fancy him either.

HH81
14-10-2012, 09:36 AM
As much as we can argue about keeping Stephens and have we made a mistake letting him go, on the face of it, there are 91 clubs down South that didn't fancy him either.

Plus he has gone to the worst one.

Dinkydoo
14-10-2012, 11:50 AM
We got money for Martis, still can't believe it, having said that comparing just these 3 I'd agree with you - the other 2 never had any more potential to show us and seemed to play at the limit of their ability so fair play to them - Martis even applied himself enough to appear and score in the EPL for WBA.

Over a couple of seasons all I ever heard about, but rarely seen, was Stephens potential, maybe that is finally being realised where he in now and good luck to him but given how good our youth team were in the same time frame I am not sure what he added or why he was kept for so long, good shout by PF to try him out quickly then move him on.

I never did manage to see the potential that lots of others kept referring to with regards to David Stephens. He is big, but that's about it. For a big guy he was pushed off the ball far too easily and for a CH, his positioning was awful.

I wish him luck in the future though.

Dinkydoo
14-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Think that's a bit harsh, he came to Hibs when he was what, 18? Realistically, he could have still been in a youth set-up at that age.

Personally, O'Hanlon is the worst CB Ive seen play for us in recent years. Mental that Calderwood talked him up as the answer to our defensive problems, cant think of one strength he had as a defender. He caused chaos nearly every time he played in that defence.

Oops, forgot about O'Hanlon already!

Yea, taking age into consideration, O'Hanlon was probably worse.

Still glad we got rid of Stephens though; I can't remember one good challenge he made...

Keith_M
14-10-2012, 12:20 PM
David Stephens scores for Barnet

If only we hadn't let him go, I always knew he had it in him to be a superstar. I told you all on here before but none of you would listen.

I reckon he must be worth 2 and a half...... maybe even three quid. I hope Petrie has a sell on clause

3pm
14-10-2012, 12:29 PM
In my opinion he was our best centre half. Stupid to let him go. Had pace and strength

You're taking the piss eh?!