PDA

View Full Version : NHC What about this absolute doozy of a challenge.....

lyonhibs
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Division 3 Zombie Huns

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lc91zs.gif

(Not the Ian Black one, but in a similar class. Got the ball as well.....................I think)

superfurryhibby
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Pretty painful looking. If Davie Weir had been playing the no doubt the guy would have been grabbed by the throat and then sent off. Wonder, was he booked?

Future17
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Pretty painful looking. If Davie Weir had been playing the no doubt the guy would have been grabbed by the throat and then sent off. Wonder, was he booked?

Yeah, yellow card.

Mikey
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah, yellow card.

To the keeper for diving!

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Loved the right back falling on his arse in the build up as well :greengrin

aussie_hibee
11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I once done a very similar challenge on a keeper about 12 years ago. It was on the edge of the box and a total 50/50 as he raced out the box to clear. I launched in and somehow my studs ended up across his neck as the ball ended up going just past the post. The ref came hurtling in with his whistle blasting. To everyone's shock (including mine) he sent the keeper off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity AND we scored the resulting free kick...! Worst decision I've ever seen...!

Part/Time Supporter
11-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Welcome to Division 3 Zombie Huns

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lc91zs.gif

(Not the Ian Black one, but in a similar class. Got the ball as well.....................I think)

Definite red card, the challenge was made by Graham Weir's brother.

Both of the brothers now play for Stirling. Graham described by a zombie Hun as being unable to run due to being massively overweight. Still beat them 1-0, mind.

Hibercelona
11-10-2012, 02:57 PM
A red card at SPL level.

But these pub team games are always rather meaty. :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Lee Currie snapped the wee nyaff black when they played Berwick Rangers. Black never went anywhere near him after that :greengrin

The_Exile
13-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Definite red card, the challenge was made by Graham Weir's brother.

Every time I hear his name I get the shivers, I still can't actually believe that match happened. If I remember correctly, a certain Alan Maybury gifted us the opener with a terrible backpass, fast forward 9 and a half years later..............

Billy Whizz
13-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Happy New Weir!!!'
Was that the 4-4 New Years game your referring too. We were 4-2 up going into stoppage time at Tynie. I still blame Zambernardi for giving away the last 2 goals?

Jonnyboy
13-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Happy New Weir!!!'
Was that the 4-4 New Years game your referring too. We were 4-2 up going into stoppage time at Tynie. I still blame Zambernardi for giving away the last 2 goals?

As do I :agree:

Billy Whizz
13-10-2012, 07:01 PM
As do I :agree:

Always went to ground when he tackled

Jonnyboy
13-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Always went to ground when he tackled

For me his biggest fault was that he always tried to get in ahead of an opponent that was about to receive a pass. When it worked it looked fantastic but when it didn't it put the defence in a shirtload of trouble

Billy Whizz
13-10-2012, 07:12 PM
For me his biggest fault was that he always tried to get in ahead of an opponent that was about to receive a pass. When it worked it looked fantastic but when it didn't it put the defence in a shirtload of trouble

On his plus side he had a great left foot on him. Seem to remember him scoring from his own half in Kevin McAllister's testimonial at Brockville