PDA

View Full Version : McPake Injured

1875er
10-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Just reported on SSN big James has an injured Achilies and is out of the Northern Ireland game v Portugal.

Hope its not too serious.:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

Stevie Reid
10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Doesn't sound good at all.

Craig_in_Prague
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
would be a big miss.... BUT this is why Pat signed Maybury and Clancy IMO... We could move Clancy to CH and Maybury slot in at RB.

We had started to get a nice spine to the team though and McPake and Deegan being out for a while would be quite hard to deal with, fingers crossed both will be back very soon and if not, hopefully we'll cope....

cocopops1875
Still had plenty movement to go drinking Bla Bla Bla :devil:

Skanko79
never like the sound of achilies injurys, usually quite a long lay off.

hope the big mans ok.

easty
10-10-2012, 02:15 PM
never like the sound of achilies injurys, usually quite a long lay off.

hope the big mans ok.

Not necessarily. I severed my achilles when I was younger, and now when I take a knock it can put me out for a few days and it's agony, but after a few days it's fine again.

It could be nothing, fingers crossed.

SMAXXA
10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Still had plenty movement to go drinking Bla Bla Bla :devil:

Injured chasing Degans attacker along Rose Street fact, allegedly :-)

Hope its not to serious though, got a couple of weeks to recover anyway so should be fine,

Part/Time Supporter
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/194239-james-mcpake-ruled-out-of-northern-ireland-squad-with-tendon-injury/

Hibs expect him to be fit for Ross County game.

Skanko79
10-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Not necessarily. I severed my achilles when I was younger, and now when I take a knock it can put me out for a few days and it's agony, but after a few days it's fine again.

It could be nothing, fingers crossed.

its the comebacks from it as you say that can be worse, worst place to get a sore one if you play football. i buggered mine at 16 and its never been the same since.

JimBHibees
10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Hopefully more precautionary than an actual injury which can be sorted with a bit of rest and treatment.

Wotherspiniesta
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/194239-james-mcpake-ruled-out-of-northern-ireland-squad-with-tendon-injury/

:jmcp:

Change the name of this thread!

LancashireHibby
10-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Plenty of time to recover and probably a good thing that he has the chance to rest up.

Hibercelona
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Guy has baws of steel. He'll be back.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Hope it's not too serious but let's be realistic, we can't through the whole season without injuries/suspensions. We have to cope with what we have and hope that if players are brought in they rise to the occasion to try and force their way into the regular starting eleven.

easty
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
its the comebacks from it as you say that can be worse, worst place to get a sore one if you play football. i buggered mine at 16 and its never been the same since.

About 10 years ago I used to get loads of bother with it, almost every game I'd be hobbling the next day. It seems to be much better now, not had a problem for ages....(hopefully I've not jinxed myself for my game this weekend :greengrin)

Skanko79
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
About 10 years ago I used to get loads of bother with it, almost every game I'd be hobbling the next day. It seems to be much better now, not had a problem for ages....(hopefully I've not jinxed myself for my game this weekend :greengrin)

its the colder weather when you start to feel it mate. thats the way mine goes anyway. haha hope its not jinxed, good luck for the weekend mate :thumbsup:

bod
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Guy has baws of steel. He'll be back.

its no his baws that are the problem,its his achilles

London Hibs FC
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
its the colder weather when you start to feel it mate. thats the way mine goes anyway. haha hope its not jinxed, good luck for the weekend mate :thumbsup:

Snapped mine completely last March, had an Op right away to re-attach it then had a pretty uncomfortable 12 weeks with the Air-Boot then about 100 hours of re-hab after that ........ my playing days are well and truly over, I was s£$%e during my last 3 or 4 seasons anyway. Still miss being involved in match days and dressing room 'banter' etc, haven't found anything to 'replace' it with really, Golf's just not cutting it with me yet!

You're right though, really feeling this change in the weather...... it seems tight at hell today!

LeighLoyal
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Hope it aint going to keep him out. The key man for us at the back.

Piqué
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Hope he's fit in time for the next game. Ross County is probably the best fixture we could hope for though if he is going to be out. Not to jinx it or anything...

hibee92
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM

:jmcp:

Dalkeith
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
bumped into him at garage on bypass today, didn't look to have any problem walking

Skanko79
10-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Snapped mine completely last March, had an Op right away to re-attach it then had a pretty uncomfortable 12 weeks with the Air-Boot then about 100 hours of re-hab after that ........ my playing days are well and truly over, I was s£$%e during my last 3 or 4 seasons anyway. Still miss being involved in match days and dressing room 'banter' etc, haven't found anything to 'replace' it with really, Golf's just not cutting it with me yet!

You're right though, really feeling this change in the weather...... it seems tight at hell today!

sore one mate. i done pretty much the same, that was 15 years ago and still doesnt feel right. it doesnt get any better haha!! sorry for the bad news :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
bumped into him at garage on bypass today, didn't look to have any problem walking

So it was you?

Sparky9
10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Our best CH is injured, Who will replace him, back 4 for me

Clancy---hanlon---maybury--- mcgivern

Have Kujabi as bench warmer.:thumbsup:

Jones28
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Bumped into him! FFS is he not injured enough for your liking? LTYF :agree:

;)

007 Mickey Weir
12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
If McPake is injured Clancy to CB and Maybury to RB.

I think the legend McPake will be fine and playing though.

sahib
13-10-2012, 07:03 PM
If McPake is injured Clancy to CB and Maybury to RB.

I think the legend McPake will be fine and playing though.

Did Lewis Stevenson not play there during the Collins era?

hibsbollah
13-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Did Lewis Stevenson not play there during the Collins era?

Lewis often played left back, dont think he ever played CB though. McCann was the infamous fullback drafted into the middle under Collins with disastrous results.

hibsbollah
13-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Hope it aint going to keep him out. The key man for us at the back.

Theres a strong case that Hanlon's been 'the key man for us at the back' so far this season. Like a new signing.

marinello59
13-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Theres a strong case that Hanlon's been 'the key man for us at the back' so far this season. Like a new signing.

For me Hanlon has been our best defender. Quietly effective.

sahib
13-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Lewis often played left back, dont think he ever played CB though. McCann was the infamous fullback drafted into the middle under Collins with disastrous results.

Right enough he was a bit taller than Lewis.

basehibby
14-10-2012, 03:13 AM

Hanlon has really come on but McPake has been the steadying influence that has allowed him to flourish and we will miss our skipper if/when he's out for a game or two - so the question of who would step in for him is a good one whether for now or later in the season.

Clancy has been mentioned but McGivern looks a confident player and good in the air - I think he'd be worth a shout at CH along with Hanlon. Has he played that position before I wonder?

AlbertK86
14-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Agree he has improved but still not strong enough in challenge.... Vernon incident that led to Aberdeen goal a prime example ... Totally brushed aside and never a foul like some were claiming

Piqué
14-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Hanlon has really come on but McPake has been the steadying influence that has allowed him to flourish and we will miss our skipper if/when he's out for a game or two - so the question of who would step in for him is a good one whether for now or later in the season.

Clancy has been mentioned but McGivern looks a confident player and good in the air - I think he'd be worth a shout at CH along with Hanlon. Has he played that position before I wonder?
Yes he can play centre back or left back and he has also appeared in defensive midfield on occasion according to wiki.