PDA

View Full Version : Why do we always question threads Your a Yam Your talking rubbish

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I must say that more and more people seem to question posters on here

the other day a guy said that Deegan had a broken jaw he was slated. True

thread today about empty seats guy is a jambo True (I think the stadium is to big but hey ho )

I put a thread on a good few years back about DR coming back and my son had given him a rental car at ER True

again slated in fact was kicked of the message board had to email adim a few times before getting back on.

Can we please let people have there opinion we have a massive amount of supporters some who go some who dont but Hibs get in your blood so for the few hundred that thinki they no best for all the fans have a wee word.

GGTTH

SRHibs
10-10-2012, 07:39 AM
i must say that more and more people seem to question posters on here

the other day a guy said that deegan had a broken jaw he was slated. True

thread today about empty seats guy is a jambo true (i think the stadium is to big but hey ho )

i put a thread on a good few years back about dr coming back and my son had given him a rental car at er true

again slated in fact was kicked of the message board had to email adim a few times before getting back on.

Can we please let people have there opinion we have a massive amount of supporters some who go some who dont but hibs get in your blood so for the few hundred that thinki they no best for all the fans have a wee word.

Ggtth

ltyf ^

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 07:41 AM
ltyf ^

eh !!

Kato
10-10-2012, 07:51 AM

thread today about empty seats guy is a jambo True (I think the stadium is to big but hey ho )

I put a thread on a good few years back about DR coming back and my son had given him a rental car at ER True

Can we please let people have there opinion we have a massive amount of supporters some who go some who dont but Hibs get in your blood so for the few hundred that thinki they no best for all the fans have a wee word.

GGTTH

Why not?

What harm does it do?

It's only a message board.

FWIW I reckon there are plenty Jambos on here undercover. Happens on Sickbag as well with Hibbies.

Big deal.

zosohibee
10-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Got kicked off and had to re-apply when Hibs were riding high in the league under John Hughes. I said that Hibs were basically ***** and thats been true bar about 5 good years in the 50's and 5 good years in the 70's. I said Hibs were doing well at the time but that they would soon collapse like everyone who starts to snap at the old firm dominance and that they would soon be back doing badly again. Got kicked off and recieved all the "jambo ****"s in the world (the worst kind of insult) no problem with loyal support of the Hibs, but mindless conviction that Hibs are the greatest team on the planet? Was it really me who was acting like a Jambo?

Mikey
10-10-2012, 08:09 AM
FWIW I reckon there are plenty Jambos on here undercover.

Who would that be then?

AberdreamHibee
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Because of Brokeback closing down and a sudden influx of new posters. I am a new poster but have been registered for a while. I am willing to accept Yam Fud (well not accept it in literal terms as I cannot fathom anything more disgusting) but ye the answer is deal with it.

Kato
10-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Who would that be then?

People, just people:greengrin

Mikey
10-10-2012, 08:17 AM
People, just people:greengrin

Use the report post function. I bet I've met most of the folk you report though :wink:

Kato
10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Use the report post function.

No thanks.

Wilson
10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Use the report post function. I bet I've met most of the folk you report though :wink:

Really? LTYF!

Mikey
10-10-2012, 08:24 AM
No thanks.

Fair enough. Just continue whining about Hibs fans having a moan then.

lapsedhibee
10-10-2012, 08:27 AM

Are you complaining about that? :greengrin

Mikey
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Are you complaining about that? :greengrin

It would be an awfy quiet place if folk weren't moaning :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM

GGTTH

LTYF :greengrin

O'Rourke3
10-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Because of Brokeback closing down and a sudden influx of new posters.

:hijack: Is Brokeback deid then? :faf:

Kato
10-10-2012, 08:37 AM

Whining? Moi?

wearethehibs
10-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Its the word that gets used on here too. "Yam" what a rubbish insult. Gun.t is so much better.

Lots of people on here are obsessed with them. It really is annoying.

Twa Cairpets
10-10-2012, 08:55 AM

GGTTH

There are either a huge amount of self-flagellants every time we lose/drop a point/misplace a pass, or there are amongst the very gloomy ones a fair number of undercover jambos on here, and fair play to them. A few years back I spent a few months spreading doom, misery and sadness on kickback, but eventually got booted for pushing it too far - fun while it laste though.

For every correct "I'm new and this / that / the other" who posts something suspect and is actually a Hibby, I'd bet there's a bucket load who are Yams on a fishing trip.

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 08:56 AM
LTYF :greengrin

again EH !

Kato
10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
For every correct "I'm new and this / that / the other" who posts something suspect and is actually a Hibby, I'd bet there's a bucket load who are Yams on a fishing trip.

:agree:

The fun is spotting their flies.

Kato
10-10-2012, 08:59 AM
again EH !

You never quite finish that post-code off, do you.

lapsedhibee
10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
eh !!

again EH !

A prime defining characteristic of being a yam fud is to not know what ltyf signifies. :agree:

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 09:12 AM
A prime defining characteristic of being a yam fud is to not know what ltyf signifies. :agree:

ha ha now am a Yam

welcome aboard !!

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
You never quite finish that post-code off, do you.

might come up with a jambo postcode now that would be funny

Hibbyradge
10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
ha ha now am a Yam

welcome aboard !!

ltyf

SloopJB
10-10-2012, 09:16 AM

GGTTH

I think it's the age we live in.
In the olden days you would have heard through the media, allegedly a more reliable source, you would then have discussed it with your mates and reached a collective opinion.
Technology today allows for an immediate response so if you hear or see something you don't like you can post an immediate response without actually seeing anyone.

Time to think helps sometimes but as your post illustrates, not always.
It's ok to question a post but we've moved from 'Source' to 'LTYF' (don't know what the acronym stands for). A bit knee jerk but it keeps the threads going.

NOLA
10-10-2012, 09:17 AM
a prime defining characteristic of being a yam fud is to not know what ltyf signifies. :agree: ltyf

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 09:31 AM
ok am old

i do not have a clue what your short code means but i do no
GIRUY means

SloopJB
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
ok am old

i do not have a clue what your short code means but i do no
GIRUY means

me too

I asked what it meant well over a year ago to be told by a number of posters it meant I had to be a Hearts supporter for not kowing.

I just took it they didn't know either.

Steve-O
10-10-2012, 09:45 AM

GGTTH

:lolyam::jamboclow:troll:

Kato
10-10-2012, 09:48 AM
might come up with a jambo postcode now that would be funny

Funny "HaHa" or funny peculiar?

jacomo
10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
It amazes me that new posters sign up, start with a new thread on a controversial or critical subject, then wonder why people point the finger at them?

Ok, there are times when this is appropriate but we all know football message boards are filled with trolls.

Advice for newbies: pay your dues first!

:rules::hnetinq:

lord bunberry
10-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Is there anyone on hear that hasn't been accused of being a yam at some stage

Peevemor
10-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Its the word that gets used on here too. "Yam" what a rubbish insult. Gun.t is so much better.

Lots of people on here are obsessed with them. It really is annoying.

I think that "Merrick" is definitely underused.

Is there anyone on hear that hasn't been accused of being a yam at some stage

Me (although that'll probably be remedied any miunute now).

Albanian Hibs
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Launch the yam fud!!!!

AberdreamHibee
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
:hijack: Is Brokeback deid then? :faf:

We can but hope it is :greengrin

AberdreamHibee
10-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Yam type post IMO.

degenerated
10-10-2012, 11:34 AM

I've always preferred jamtard or sparryheid.

silverhibee
10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

pink person. :greengrin

Peevemor
10-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Yam type post IMO.

pink person. :greengrin

Thank you.

heretoday
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
It's just a message board as someone has said and is merely a healthy outlet for pent-up bile and invective.

I've been called a Jambo many times for questioning some aspect of the team by people who were in diapers when I was dodging coins and bottles for the cause!

Do I care? Nuh.

clerriehibs
10-10-2012, 11:49 AM
It amazes me that new posters sign up, start with a new thread on a controversial or critical subject, then wonder why people point the finger at them?

Ok, there are times when this is appropriate but we all know football message boards are filled with trolls.

what are the dues? Fawn over the uber-posters until you've reached, what, 500 posts? And then start off with something a wee bit contentious and see how it goes? I've used ltyf myself but only tongue in cheek. If someone posts something you disagree with, saying ltyf doesn't advance your case. If you can't argue a case, ignoring the post you don't like is a better way to deal with any potential trolls.

H18sry
10-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Launch the yam fud!!!!

8739 :wink:

Thecat23
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
You will always get a few coming on being ****bos. But i have no problem in new posters having a rant if it's valid. Not everyone wants to start a Happy thread as their first. They will prob get shot down more than others but end of the day this is an open forum for all things Hibs. For me post what you like.

Then we can judge you :cb:greengrin

TrinityHibs
10-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I've always preferred jamtard or sparryheid.

windae lickers sums them up for me

Hibercelona
10-10-2012, 01:17 PM

GGTTH

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/13/jambo.gif

silverhibee
10-10-2012, 01:47 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::top marks

jgl07
10-10-2012, 01:47 PM
If you see something small and feathered that swims in the canal and quacks a lot, it is a reasonable inference that you are looking at a duck.

Anyone who wishes to avoid being mistaken for a duck should avoid swimming in the canal and quacking.

mmmmhibby
10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
windae lickers sums them up for me

or Puddle Drinkers!!

JimBHibees
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Brilliant. :greengrin :faf:

Phil MaGlass
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
wheres the "favourite name for a Yam" thread??
Had a good laugh at a couple on there...

Skanko79
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
the deegan thread is classic hibs.net. someone relatively new to the forum sharing some news with his fellow hibs fan only to be branded a liar and told he's talking ****.

then within 5 or 6 posts it comes to light that the lads claims are actually true, no apology, nothing, hibs class????? nah.

hibsmad
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Love it!:faf:

hibsmad
10-10-2012, 02:23 PM
the deegan thread is classic hibs.net. someone relatively new to the forum sharing some news with his fellow hibs fan only to be branded a liar and told he's talking ****.

then within 5 or 6 posts it comes to light that the lads claims are actually true, no apology, nothing, hibs class????? nah.

Spot on!

As I was reading that thread when it first started, I was thinking - ok this could be rubbish and I hope it is. However there were other posters coming out telling the OP that they were talking s**t almost instantly. These guys then disappeared.

Wotherspiniesta
10-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Who would that be then?

Zibby's Gloves.

Should be banned for that username alone!!

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=jacomoseven;3378948]It amazes me that new posters sign up, start with a new thread on a controversial or critical subject, then wonder why people point the finger at them?

:rules::hnetinq:[/QUOT

Now am new phew !

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Funny "HaHa" or funny peculiar?

funny ha ha I think as do you need to live in Leith to be a Hibs supporter now :agree:

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM

the point made much better than me

totally agree

lapsedhibee
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM
funny ha ha I think as do you need to live in lieth to be a Hibs supporter now :agree:

Very suspicious spelling. Perhaps you've been used to repeating a word like, oh I don't know, believe over and over and over again.

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Very suspicious spelling. Perhaps you've been used to repeating a word like, oh I don't know, believe over and over and over again.

Finger in wrong whole mate

happens from time to time i was taught in school i before e except after c

but we all make mistakes !!

Hibercelona
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM

:greengrin

silverhibee
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Maybe read the thread again and you will see the apology along with a donation from a poster. :aok:

hibbill2002
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Finger in wrong whole mate

happens from time to time i was taught in school i before e except after c

but we all make mistakes !!

I widnae be explaining masel tae a fat hun fud mate.

Hibernia&Alba
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
This whole thread reeks of Gorgie and I'm not trusting anyone. It's like McCarthyism in the 1950s : there are maroon moles everywhere and they are always conspiring. :paranoid:

Then again, perhaps I'm a mole, just trying to throw everyone else off the scent in saying that. But if I were really were a maroon mole, would I joke about it? Perhaps, if it were a double bluff. It's like Tinker, Tailor, Soilder, Spy :na na:

Hibercelona
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
This whole thread reeks of Gorgie and I'm not trusting anyone. It's like McCarthyism in the 1950s : there are maroon moles everywhere and they are always conspiring. :paranoid:

Then again, perhaps I'm a mole, just trying to throw everyone else off the scent in saying that. But if I were really were a maroon mole, would I joke about it? Perhaps, if it were a double bluff. It's like Tinker, Tailor, Soilder, Spy :na na:

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt. :agree:

LTYF! :greengrin

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh I confess you have sussed me out am a jambo what am i going to do

for sale 3 season tickets for the Edinburgh suite i can let you have them at £2400 1 private members fee (half price ) £5.00

please send me private message and i will take payment

or maybe ask the folk I sent the voucher too for a free hibs top

you are all so clever Murder she wrote script writers or what :flag:

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 03:44 PM

for sale 3 season tickets for the Edinburgh suite i can let you have them at £2400 1 private members fee (half price ) £5.00

I honestly think you have the most inappropriate user name I have ever seen on Hibs net. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
10-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Ah ha! A signed confession. Nobody escapes the Hibernian inquisition. Those tickets in the Edinburgh Suite are obviously for spying on Hibs and then reporting back to Hunchback forum how pish we are :cb

Ross4356
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM

GGTTH

This guy is clearly a yam

Skanko79
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe read the thread again and you will see the apology along with a donation from a poster. :aok:

just noticed that so i do take that back. and apologise.

but again, why feel the need to jump down someones throat and tell them they are talking bollox, surely the people who use the forum more regularly with more posts should be embracing new members and encouraging them to post instead of accusing them of lying/being a yam in order to help the forum grow. there are probably a shed load of people who dont post because of this. there is a degree of hostility shown towards new members, its not the orange lodge its a forum.

hibbill2002
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM
just noticed that so i do take that back. and apologise.

but again, why feel the need to jump down someones throat and tell them they are talking bollox, surely the people who use the forum more regularly with more posts should be embracing new members and encouraging them to post instead of accusing them of lying/being a yam in order to help the forum grow. there are probably a shed load of people who dont post because of this. there is a degree of hostility shown towards new members, its not the orange lodge its a forum.

:agree:

Keith_M
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
........ its not the orange lodge its a forum.

Hmmmmm, strange analogy to make methinks. Why was that the first thing that sprung to mind? :hmmm:

LTHunF

Hibstrooper
10-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I honestly think you have the most inappropriate user name I have ever seen on Hibs net. :greengrin

On the user name, is hibbie even the correct spelling? I always thought it was hibee or hibby?

LTYF

Joking, don't think they are a yam but didn't want to feel left out

Keith_M
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
On the user name, is hibbie even the correct spelling? I always thought it was hibee or hibby?

LTYF

Joking, don't think they are a yam but didn't want to feel left out

Just for clarification:

Hibby: Hibs fan (singular)
Hibbies: Hibs fans (plural)
Hibee: An individual Hibs player.
Hibees: The team collectively

Glad to be of assistance :greengrin

--------
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Yeah, but Mikey, where do I go to complain about the folks whining about the people criticising the posters who moan about all the negative threads on the forum?

This is a serious problem.

Hibstrooper
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Just for clarification:

So I'm right then, there is no such thing as a hibbie? Have just discovered a new species!?

Launch the lesser spotted happy hibbie!

Tynie01011973
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Obvious Yam Mole !

LTYF

MrSmith
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Cos I'm a jumbo and I talk rubbish!

Hibernia&Alba
10-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Obvious Yam Mole !

LTYF

Ahhhh! That was a deliberate typo, put in as a trap for Yams!

Nobody escapes the Hibernian inquisition! :turnevil:

Johnny0762
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
This thread is the biggest bag of ***** I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Keith_M
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
This thread is the biggest bag of ***** I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

And yet you still read it

LTYF

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2012, 05:34 PM
ha ha now am a Yam

welcome aboard !!

I'm sure you're a lot happier now that's off your chest.:agree: :greengrin

Just remember recovery is an ongoing process.

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM

In my early days I spent weeks attacking the refugee song. Needless to say the finger was pointed. It's sometimes a burning issue that you need to discuss that brings you here.

I've not been to a Hearts game since.

nonshinyfinish
10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm a Yam fud, and so's my wife.

Johnny0762
10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
And yet you still read it

LTYF

Thank the heavens for the Hibees Bounce where I'm not subjected to this infantile text speak, or the word 'Yam' !!:agree::agree:

MrSmith
10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm the Miz and I'm awesome ...

SRHibs
10-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Has to be an obligatory picture in any thread in which the OP has <1000 posts. Superb! :thumbsup:

SloopJB
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Thank the heavens for the Hibees Bounce where I'm not subjected to this infantile text speak, or the word 'Yam' !!:agree::agree:

Good shout

surreyhibbie
10-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Just for clarification:

Nah, bollocks!

Apocalypso
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm a Hertz cant too.

SteveHFC
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM

:thumbsup::faf::faf::faf::faf:

SteveHFC
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm the Miz and I'm awesome ...

I'm the Tag Team Champions :greengrin

Geo_1875
10-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I think it's a bit extreme calling posters Yams or screaming LTYF at anyone who posts a contrary opinion.

Surely we can come up with some alternative slur for Hibs fans or neutrals we disagree with.

I propose Jive Turkey.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I think it's a bit extreme calling posters Yams or screaming LTYF at anyone who posts a contrary opinion.

Surely we can come up with some alternative slur for Hibs fans or neutrals we disagree with.

I propose Jive Turkey.

I propose WOOLABRAWONGA

Hibbyradge
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I propose WOOLABRAWONGA

ltyf

Steve-O
13-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm the Tag Team Champions :greengrin

FEED. ME. MORE. (YAMS) :greengrin

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yetifqqe1qi4vlo.gif

Pete
14-10-2012, 03:46 AM

Well don't feel you have to make the effort to post on hibs.net if it causes you or your mate who agrees with you that much trouble.

If the bounce is that much better then why do you bother?