PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking......

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
there's no point to this post, just a thought or 2 I've been mulling over.....

I'm not a Hibs "lifer". I haven't supported the club since the day I was born, and if I'm perfectly honest, I didn't really take any notice of Scottish football til I moved up here. I have supported an English club since day dot, and that's been my family club, the one my parents, grand parents, great grandparents etc supported, and that is the reason I support them. Now my family in England follow scottish football, always check the results, and actually sent me messages at the weekend saying "perhaps we should all follow Hibs, seem's you've had a great start to the season"....!!!

But since I moved to this beautiful city, I have made the choice to support Hibs. And as my first child was born here, I figured she should have a Scottish team as well as the English one her heritage has lumped her with..... and that team is Hibs, by choice.....

So I guess what I am saying is that, I love this club. I love the passion, the history (which I am slowly learning!), and most of all I love how it feels like a true family club, not a club you would choose to follow because of great results, cup wins, and glory - but a club you would choose to follow because it shows true values, integrity, and passion.

Who knows where this season will take us? All I know is that i'm really excited to be along for the ride!!!!

(apologies for a pointless post!)

HH81
09-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Which English club?

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 09:45 PM

I'm not a Hibs "lifer". I haven't supported the club since the day I was born, and if I'm perfectly honest, I didn't really take any notice of Scottish football til I moved up here. I have supported an English club since day dot, and that's been my family club, the one my parents, grand parents, great grandparents etc supported, and that is the reason I support them. Now my family in England follow scottish football, always check the results, and actually sent me messages at the weekend saying "perhaps we should all follow Hibs, seem's you've had a great start to the season"....!!!

But since I moved to this beautiful city, I have made the choice to support Hibs. And as my first child was born here, I figured she should have a Scottish team as well as the English one her heritage has lumped her with..... and that team is Hibs, by choice.....

So I guess what I am saying is that, I love this club. I love the passion, the history (which I am slowly learning!), and most of all I love how it feels like a true family club, not a club you would choose to follow because of great results, cup wins, and glory - but a club you would choose to follow because it shows true values, integrity, and passion.

Who knows where this season will take us? All I know is that i'm really excited to be along for the ride!!!!

Yes as an "adopted" club I couldn't think of one better.

Kato
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
great results, cup wins, and glory

Have had great Hibs party nihgts after doing all three. Stick around you might see some too.

The reason your learning our history slowly is because there is a lot to learn.

because it shows true values, integrity, and passion.

..that goes without saying.

Kato
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes as an "adopted" club I couldn't think of one better.

Who is it you support again? :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/member.php?8249-Scouse-Hibee[

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Which English club?

Bolton - so used to a club battling relegation, cup disappointments, and a board unwilling to front up cash to better the team! gotta love it though, imagine how dull it would be supporting a team like Man U or Chelsea - "woop, another win/cup......no biggie...."!!!!!!

Kato
09-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Bolton - so used to a club battling relegation, cup disappointments, and a board unwilling to front up cash to better the team! gotta love it though, imagine how dull it would be supporting a team like Man U or Chelsea - "woop, another win/cup......no biggie...."!!!!!!

Aye barry, I'm imagining it right now.

How would you imagine it would feel?

LancashireHibby
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Bolton and Hibs....I can't think of a better combination :wink: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(I will add I've supported Bolton since being 5 or 6 years old and started to follow Hibs not too long afterwards - this season is the first in probably 3/4 years where I'll be at more Bolton games than Hibs, though that's more by accident with the extra midweek games in the Championship etc.)

FranckSuzy
09-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Welcome and congratulations for making the right choice! :wink: GGTTH.

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Aye barry, I'm imagining it right now.

How would you imagine it would feel?

Probably pretty f*****g exhilarating, but as I've never been in that situation I couldn't possibly know for sure, so I'll stick with dull :wink:

shetlandhibee
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the family:thumbsup:

There's 2 spainish boys that support barca that have moved to my school I think I'll try and get them to become hibees too:greengrin

Buenos notches des amigos

monktonharp
10-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Probably pretty f*****g exhilarating, but as I've never been in that situation I couldn't possibly know for sure, so I'll stick with dull :wink: just a wee update on edinbraspeak. aye=yes,barry=good. thought i'd mention that, but we welcome you,comrade.cuid mile failte.

HibeeMG
10-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Bolton and Hibs....I can't think of a better combination :wink: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(I will add I've supported Bolton since being 5 or 6 years old and started to follow Hibs not too long afterwards - this season is the first in probably 3/4 years where I'll be at more Bolton games than Hibs, though that's more by accident with the extra midweek games in the Championship etc.)

There's quite a decent Hibs/Bolton following on this board (me being one of them). It seems very disproportionate considering the sizes of the clubs/cities.

Kato
10-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Probably pretty f*****g exhilarating, but as I've never been in that situation I couldn't possibly know for sure, so I'll stick with dull :wink:

Well there you go, Hibs and Bolton haven't got that much in common after all.

Welcome to the board

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2012, 07:05 AM

Thunderous applause - :top marks

jacomo
10-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome and congratulations for making the right choice! :wink: GGTTH.

:aok:

Posh Swanny
10-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Ditto! :agree:

Hibs07p
10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
There's quite a decent Hibs/Bolton following on this board (me being one of them). It seems very disproportionate considering the sizes of the clubs/cities.

I've had a soft spot for Bolton since around Easter 1995 - 96. Was at blackpool for the weekend, and wanted to take in a game. Nothing in the Premiership took my fancy, so I got tickets in advance for the Bolton v QPR game at Burnden Park, turned out Bolton won promotion that day although they didn't win the league until a few games later. That was the time of John McGinley and Stephen Macanespie, and I'm sure John Spencer was in the QPR team. Strange ground with a supermarket wall in one corner of the ground, and that was their last season there. Bolton won 3-2 in a good game. The old boy next to me noticed my Hibs jacket, and said when he was in the army, he was based in Edinburgh and had been along to Easter Road a few times to see the Famous Five. So a good day out was thoroughly enjoyed.

GGTTH

LancashireHibby
10-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I've had a soft spot for Bolton since around Easter 1995 - 96. Was at blackpool for the weekend, and wanted to take in a game. Nothing in the Premiership took my fancy, so I got tickets in advance for the Bolton v QPR game at Burnden Park, turned out Bolton won promotion that day although they didn't win the league until a few games later. That was the time of John McGinley and Stephen Macanespie, and I'm sure John Spencer was in the QPR team. Strange ground with a supermarket wall in one corner of the ground, and that was their last season there. Bolton won 3-2 in a good game. The old boy next to me noticed my Hibs jacket, and said when he was in the army, he was based in Edinburgh and had been along to Easter Road a few times to see the Famous Five. So a good day out was thoroughly enjoyed.

GGTTH
Sorry to be pedantic, but it was a 2-1 win :wink:

Mixu was in the squad at the time although not sure if he played that day - he had been injured for much of the season but scored a vital goal against Sheffield Utd IIRC on his comeback from injury in the latter half of the season.

Hibs07p
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry to be pedantic, but it was a 2-1 win :wink:

Mixu was in the squad at the time although not sure if he played that day - he had been injured for much of the season but scored a vital goal against Sheffield Utd IIRC on his comeback from injury in the latter half of the season.

I always recall it as 3-2, but that's memories for you. Obviously not as memorable a game as I first thought. It was a sell out, 23,000 rings a bell, but that could be a lot of pish as well. The away end was open IIRC. I was directly behind the goals in the home end in the front row. Great experience all the same.

LancashireHibby
10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I always recall it as 3-2, but that's memories for you. Obviously not as memorable a game as I first thought. It was a sell out, 23,000 rings a bell, but that could be a lot of pish as well. The away end was open IIRC. I was directly behind the goals in the home end in the front row. Great experience all the same.
Yeah the away fans had the embankment end which was open terracing and there was a small temporary stand immediately in front of Normid (the supermarket). Think the crowd was just shy of 20,000 but the empty spaces were only in the QPR end. For the final game of the season, Charlton very kindly sent back most of their allocation so that they only had the 500 or so seats in the temporary stand to allow more Bolton fans to get a ticket. The move to the Reebok still doesn't feel quite right at times, which always makes me glad that HFC chose to redevelop ER rather than move elsewhere.

Seveno
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Supporting Hibs is a philosophical decision. I salute you, sir, and welcome to the family.