PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland Double Header (merged)

Frazerbob
08-10-2012, 01:26 PM
About to start getting organised for another cracking week on the bevvy. After the return of the Fletchers, I'm feeling a lot more "up for it" than recent games. Now, where did I put my Jimmy Hat? :wink:

Who else is heading south for some shenanigans?

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Looking forward to it, I sincerely hope Scotland get pumped in both games!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Not going to Wales, but, heading to Brussels on Monday morning.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Not going to Wales, but, heading to Brussels on Monday morning.

:thumbsup: Have a great time.

Mikey
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Looking forward to it, I sincerely hope Scotland get pumped in both games!

Plenty of Scots will agree :greengrin

:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
08-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Hopefully Rhodes and Fletcher start upfront together on Friday. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
:thumbsup: Have a great time.

Cheers, I'm sure I will, doubt I'll remember much of it though.

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Think we will get a result against Wales, Just hoping for the best against belgium....

have a good trip to all going. went to belgium the last time we got them in the qualifiers, sure they gave us something mental like 12,000 tickets that time.

soupy
08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm heading down to cardiff on Thursday, looking forward to a coupla days of freedom, back on Saturday night tho :-)

Golden Bear
08-10-2012, 04:22 PM
We're doing well guys (so far!)

I wonder when the first "cannae be bothered with Scotland" posters will be along to provide us with the wisdom of his/her opinion!

:wink:

bod
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm heading down to cardiff on Thursday, looking forward to a coupla days of freedom, back on Saturday night tho :-)

aw, you no allowed double headers nowadays ?

deano6-2
08-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm off to Cardiff for 3 days. Got tickets in the Wales end though. Be a decent peeve down there.

soupy
08-10-2012, 06:15 PM
aw, you no allowed double headers nowadays ?

Ahem,,aye of course I am, but I thought I'd just give Belgium a miss, :-)

H18sry
08-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Try and stay off the pitch this time :wink:

jdships
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
For me it is a draw in Wales and defeat from Belgium
That means BYE BYE to World Cup

Well done Harry P !!!

EdinMike
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been hearing chit-chat about Miller being a tad injured ?! I'm hoping that these rumours are true !? No way to back these up it's all pub talk. :cb

hfc rd
08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Hopefully we win against Wales but I just can't see us getting anything against a very talented Belgian side. I honestly hope potter changes his system and starts with both Fletcher & Rhodes up front. Also hope Scott Brown is fully fit for both games.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Just realised your v button champ 2008, please explain what a vbutton is? I'm new haha

jimmythefish
08-10-2012, 08:46 PM
heading to cardiff friday it's closer than a home game for me, delighted :thumbsup:

H18sry
08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Just realised your v button champ 2008, please explain what a vbutton is? I'm new haha

Private members know :wink:

bathhibby
09-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Off to Cardiff on Friday (1 Hour by train) a bit like a home game and the off to Brussels with Bristolhibby - a bit upbeat as Broon & The Fletchers are available
That tramp better not bench Fletcher

Stevie Reid
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19872484

Peter Houston being a mouth piece now: -

However, Scotland assistant manager Peter Houston has insisted no player is guaranteed a start against Wales.
"It's a squad game, isn't it. He might be picked for two games, he might be picked for one game and he might not be picked at all," said Houston.
The Scotland assistant boss added: "It's something we've not discussed yet.
"We have games coming up on Friday and on Tuesday and Steven is in that squad. Whether he plays or not, it's far too early to say.
"He's here in the squad and he's happy to be here in the squad."

jdships
09-10-2012, 10:22 AM

However, Scotland assistant manager Peter Houston has insisted no player is guaranteed a start against Wales.
"It's a squad game, isn't it. He might be picked for two games, he might be picked for one game and he might not be picked at all," said Houston.
"We have games coming up on Friday and on Tuesday and Steven is in that squad. Whether he plays or not, it's far too early to say.

The Scotland assistant boss added: "It's something we've not discussed yet."

He is having a 'Laff' surely
If a few days before a match they have ' not discussed yet ' we have to ask the questions
A. How committed are HP and him to the cause ?
B. What DO they do with their time ? :greengrin

A real pair of :cb's

Craig_in_Prague
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM

Quite simply, if Levein does not start Fletcher (clearly Scotlands best striker in the squad), then he needs publicly hanged :-)

Stevie Reid
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
The Scotland assistant boss added: "It's something we've not discussed yet."

He is having a 'Laff' surely
If a few days before a match they have ' not discussed yet ' we have to ask the questions
A. How committed are HP and him to the cause ?
B. What DO they do with their time ? :greengrin

A real pair of :cb's

Agreed, definitely at it with that chat.

Quite simply, if Levein does not start Fletcher (clearly Scotlands best striker in the squad), then he needs publicly hanged :-)

:agree:

soupy
09-10-2012, 01:44 PM

What do you mean? ,-)

Hovehibby
09-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Rhodes out with an ankle injury. Fletchers got to start now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19864718

SteveHFC
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Rhodes out with an ankle injury. Fletchers got to start now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19864718

**** :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
09-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Scottish FA ‏@Scottish_FA (https://twitter.com/Scottish_FA) Scotland squad injury update: Out - Rhodes (ankle), Snodgrass (ankle). In - Commons.

The Green Goblin
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Commons in. (Surprised, after his radio comments at the weekend. thought HP would take the huff).

Also solves a "which single striker to play" problem for Potter...

Pretty Boy
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Commons in. (Surprised, after his radio comments at the weekend. thought HP would take the huff).

Was there ever a which striker to play problem as far as Levein was concerned?

Kenny Miller on his own of course.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Good to see Commons in there at last.

SteveHFC
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Miller can GTF. Fletcher has to start :aok:

Gettin' Auld
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Miller might not be fit anyway...........

SCOTLAND striker Kenny Miller faces a crock sweat for the World Cup qualifiers with Wales and Belgium after he picked up a hamstring strain playing for Vancouver. The ex-Rangers and Celtic ace was subbed just 18 minutes into Wednesday’s 4-0 victory over Chivas and the MLS new boy will have an anxious wait to discover the severity of the injury.

Vancouver’s Scots boss Martin Rennie still expects Miller, 32, to join up with the national team squad ahead of the away double-header. Rennie said: “I don’t think it’s anything too major but he felt a bit of pain so we couldn’t risk it.

“ I’m not too sure how that will affect Kenny’s Scotland call-up.
“I’ve not really found out yet but I think he will still be involved. I don’t think it’s anything too major from what I understand but we’ll get more information on that.”
Miller has netted 17 goals in 62 caps for Scotland and started against both Serbia and Macedonia last month.

SteveHFC
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Get Leigh called up

Sparky9
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM

what did he say??

DarrenSQH
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Get Leigh called up

As if potter would ever do that.

JimBHibees
09-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Think Rhodes missing is a big loss to be honest given his goal scoring instincts.

JimBHibees
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Scottish FA ‏@Scottish_FA (https://twitter.com/Scottish_FA) Scotland squad injury update: Out - Rhodes (ankle), Snodgrass (ankle). In - Commons.

I think that weakens the squads attacking options quite alot.

edinburghhibee
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Just been told the now that there are two tickets for the Scotland end waiting for me if I can get down there :thumbsup:

Just need to try and get Friday off now :flag:

jacomo
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I think that weakens the squads attacking options quite alot.

Fletcher could be the only fit striker in the party at this rate.

H18sry
10-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Marouane Fellaini 'ruled out for three weeks' with injury :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19894177?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

NYHibby
11-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm at Glasgow airport with the Scotland squad right now. Steven Fletcher seems to get on well with Scotty Brown. Kenny Miller is wondering around by himself, which seems fitting.

Levein is sitting by himself at the gate. No one, including all the SFA people, want to talk to him.

edinburghhibee
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm heading down first thing the mora morning, what pub are the tartan army/scotland fans meeting at??? Or street?

ScottB
11-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Think he has to start Fletcher and have a go.

If he goes with Miller to start and we don't win, he's basically signed his own P45.

Anything less than a win tomorrow night and the campaign is dead and buried and with that his tenure as manager should be too.

Frazerbob
11-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm heading down first thing the mora morning, what pub are the tartan army/scotland fans meeting at??? Or street?

Cardiff is full of Scots. Don't worry, every pub in the city centre is heaving with TA.