PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:13 AM
What are we going to do with all these seats we had 10k at the dundee match but that still leaves 10k empty seats, It is affecting the atmosphere. Theres losts of posts i know but I'm doing promoting work for hibs around schools. Got Paul Hanlon at Craigroyston primary, Craigentinny primary and Lasswade High School.

jgl07
08-10-2012, 01:19 AM
What are we going to do with all these seats we had 10k at the dundee match but that still leaves 10k empty seats, Any ideas??:greengrin

Demolish two stands?

In the early 1990s Hibs were playing to crowds of 7,000 in a stadium of 22,000 capacity.

Celtic had 14,000 empty seats against Hearts on Sunday.

Just get over it.

This obession with empty seats reeks of Yam I am afraid.

HoboHarry
08-10-2012, 01:24 AM
What are we going to do with all these seats we had 10k at the dundee match but that still leaves 10k empty seats, Any ideas??:greengrin
I was wondering whether you stayed up late or woke up early to write that garbage?

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Demolish two stands?

In the early 1990s Hibs were playing to crowds of 7,000 in a stadium of 22,000 capacity.

Just get over it.

Just for the record, I aint no yam.

HoboHarry
08-10-2012, 01:30 AM
If you aren't a Yam then what is your excuse for the stupidity of your first ever post?

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:40 AM
If you aren't a Yam then what is your excuse for the stupidity of your first ever post?
Been a avid reader for a while. Made a account but stupidly forgot my password like a moron, My account was made in 2011, Got the net to email my password to my other email after almost a year. Would a yam wait that long to post something about empty seats? Or would they post a lot of S**** about may 19th? Or the last time we won a Scottish cup. I'm ST in the West.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:41 AM
But i am not a y*m.

muzzhfc
08-10-2012, 01:59 AM
continue winning. the attendances will increase as a result. there could be more done to promote the club/games but how many people would that bring in? would the promotions cover expenses etc? if not its a massive flop.

Wilson
08-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Demolish two stands?

Just get over it.

I agree. Too much is made of it. Lets face it we're not exactly rattling around in the Maracana.

10k fans can make a decent noise but if we get a team that everyone wants to see then we can aim for a 13k - 14k average and that'll do nicely.

The Harp
08-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Can't quite fathom why some folk would want to raise the issue of empty seats at ER on a regular basis unless they're of the dark pink persuasion.:rolleyes:
It was rarely mentioned in the past when we had the terracing and were playing in front of similar sized crowds at times and yet had capacity for another 40k plus.
Attendances are a concern for all Scottish clubs just now, not just Hibs.

wearethehibs
08-10-2012, 08:32 AM
.nets obsession with "yams" is unreal.

greenlex
08-10-2012, 08:34 AM
We should paint every second one pink and ground share with the mutants. Get them to sell the pink palace and give the cash to us to pay off our debt.

PeeJay
08-10-2012, 08:42 AM
What are we going to do with all these seats we had 10k at the dundee match but that still leaves 10k empty seats, It is affecting the atmosphere. Theres losts of posts i know but I'm doing promoting work for hibs around schools. Got Paul Hanlon at Craigroyston primary, Craigentinny primary and Lasswade High School.

Your post seems OK to me - and if you are actually actively working to promote Hibs in the schools as you state, then I fail to see how anyone can think you are a yam - why would a yam do that then?

Filling as many seats as possible at Easter Road seems a good idea to me - the best way of course is to have a decent team on the park. More fans through the turnstiles can hardly be a bad thing for a club in need of revenue.

Hibs90
08-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Another early morning post having a dig or stirring ****. Reeks of yam

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Demolish two stands?

Just get over it.

Undoubtedly IMO, our pink friends are starting to smell the coffee and financial reality.

PatHead
08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
So you start 2 threads. One about Hearts debt and the other about empty seats. Are you not interested in anything positive about Hibs?
:hmmm: maybe :jamboclow

Keith_M
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM

I'm not sure about that part. From what most people have been saying on here, the atmosphere was really good on Saturday.

I think we just have to accept that it's going to take time to increase the attendance. In most of my 33 seasons of attending Hibs matches, our average attendance has been about the same or even less than it is now. We've had two really good spells when gates were up, the last being during the Mowbray/Collins era, which suggests to me that is the exception not the norm.

We're second top of the league and already quite a distance ahead of a very poor Hearts team*. I for one am fairly content at the moment.

* That one's for any of our pink friends from across the city who may be reading this thread :wink:

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Bit of a coincidence that brokebacks offline at the moment, see you later pal :bye:

PS yous are ***** this season, cant wait to pump yous on the 2nd of January

J-C
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM

It'll take time, many people have been hurting for 3-4 years now and with the disgraceful cup final, they've decided enough was enough.

I've been to 3 of the 4 home games this season, never got a season ticket as I can't make all the games but I've been encouraged by the signings made and the players attitudes to the games. Apart from the Hearts game, we have steadily added more punters each game, 9639 against St Johnstone, 9723 against Killie, 9908 against Caley and 10163 on saturday.

clerriehibs
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Another early morning post having a dig or stirring ****. Reeks of yam

Nonsense; you're displaying celtc-like paranoia.

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Nonsense; you're displaying celtc-like paranoia.

And it wouldn't be the first time he's made an arse of himself on .net in the last 24 hours. Maybe he just needs to chill out and have a think before spouting the pish that's been dribbling out him.

Pisses me off how on .net if your no past 1,000 posts your a yam fud if you raise something for discussion. Some folk need to get over themselves.

GreenPJ
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Can't quite fathom why some folk would want to raise the issue of empty seats at ER on a regular basis unless they're of the dark pink persuasion.:rolleyes:
It was rarely mentioned in the past when we had the terracing and were playing in front of similar sized crowds at times and yet had capacity for another 40k plus.
Attendances are a concern for all Scottish clubs just now, not just Hibs.

Have you not answered your own question?

Income in the Scottish game is of a far greater importance now due to debt positions and reduced revenues. Whether the OP is a yam or not I do think it would be good if Hibs came up with some initiativies now, when we are relatively competitive, to encourage people to come along (reduced ticket prices, free child ticket with adult ticket and vouchers for the club shop for existing season ticket holders to compensate for the reduced ticket prices).

There must be other innovative ways to generate bodies coming along whilst there is still an air of optimism.

Russ
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Large queues again at the kiosks, lots of rumbling about cash gates, surely we can operate cash gates in non category A matches. How much would it cost to print the tickets before the game and have them at the turnstiles ready to be handed out?

HibbySpurs
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Although the thread does indeed stink of yammery I'll answer the question from a personal point of view....

After years of being a ST holder I chucked it a few years back because of young children and other commitments. The last couple of seasons have done nothing to endear me into going back on a regular basis and my attendance has been sporadic or more simply "when I could be archied".....

However, the product is on the improvement this season and perhaps a team worth going along to see is on the park. Now I cant commit to every game because of the aforementioned young famil and other commitmement but I have been looking this morning at potential games I can take my 10 & 6 year olds too and have decided that the three of us will be in attendance at the St. Mirren, Aberdeen, Motherwell & Ross County home games before the end of 2012.

Therefore the answer is simple, put something worth watching back on the pitch and people will come back. Keep a reasonable product on the pitch in future and they will stay back.

LaMotta
08-10-2012, 12:56 PM
And it wouldn't be the first time he's made an arse of himself on .net in the last 24 hours. Maybe he just needs to chill out and have a think before spouting the pish that's been dribbling out him.

Pisses me off how on .net if your no past 1,000 posts your a yam fud if you raise something for discussion. Some folk need to get over themselves.

:top marks

hiBZiNHo
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
makes a post about a valid point, MUST BE A BLOODY YAM GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! WTF YAM!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

greenlex
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Large queues again at the kiosks, lots of rumbling about cash gates, surely we can operate cash gates in non category A matches. How much would it cost to print the tickets before the game and have them at the turnstiles ready to be handed out?
We would just have large queues at the cash gate. Its done to stop money being nicked.

--------
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
What are we going to do with all these seats we had 10k at the Dundee match but that still leaves 10k empty seats, It is affecting the atmosphere. There's lots of posts I know but I'm doing promoting work for Hibs around schools. Got Paul Hanlon at Craigroyston primary, Craigentinny primary and Lasswade High School.

Your post on another thread:
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247217-Ross-County&p=3377139&highlight=#post3377139

Stick some of 'em on the roofs of the supporters' buses for Dingwall? :wink:

Watch The Football League Show - lots of stadiums with plenty empty seats there.

If a club is ambitious and looking for promotion, it needs a stadium with the potential to accommodate an increase in gates. Leeds have empty seats now, but if they're promoted, they'll fill every one. Same goes for Boro, Wolves, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton and a lot more.

If your question really meant, how can Hibs fill those seats? - the answer is by winning games and playing attractive football. Nailing the Jambos once in a while wouldn't harm, either.

Hibs have just come off one of our worst seasons in memory - of course the gates are down. Add to that the fans' disillusion with the Rangers/SEVCO nonsense, and the fact that money's fairly tight these days, and you have the answer to your question.

I do think that the club could be a bit more ready to make free seats available to school kids more often - a free seat for the youngster and a concession for a parent/grandparent/adult responsible? That's the kids you and others are dealing with at Primary and Secondary level. How that would go with the Hibs' Kids scheme would be the question.

But as a number of posters have already said - if the team continues to improve, results get better, the quality of the entertainment improves, the gates will increase and those seats will be filled. It's as much a question of confidence as anything.

But I think the atmosphere's actually improving - Section 43 and the guy with the big drum are doing a great job.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Your post on another thread:
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247217-Ross-County&p=3377139&highlight=#post3377139

Stick some of 'em on the roofs of the supporters' buses for Dingwall? :wink:

Watch The Football League Show - lots of stadiums with plenty empty seats there.

If a club is ambitious and looking for promotion, it needs a stadium with the potential to accommodate an increase in gates. Leeds have empty seats now, but if they're promoted, they'll fill every one. Same goes for Boro, Wolves, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton and a lot more.

If your question really meant, how can Hibs fill those seats? - the answer is by winning games and playing attractive football. Nailing the Jambos once in a while wouldn't harm, either.

Hibs have just come off one of our worst seasons in memory - of course the gates are down. Add to that the fans' disillusion with the Rangers/SEVCO nonsense, and the fact that money's fairly tight these days, and you have the answer to your question.

I do think that the club could be a bit more ready to make free seats available to school kids more often - a free seat for the youngster and a concession for a parent/grandparent/adult responsible? That's the kids you and others are dealing with at Primary and Secondary level. How that would go with the Hibs' Kids scheme would be the question.

But as a number of posters have already said - if the team continues to improve, results get better, the quality of the entertainment improves, the gates will increase and those seats will be filled. It's as much a question of confidence as anything.

But I think the atmosphere's actually improving - Section 43 and the guy with the big drum are doing a great job.
Was at the game on Saturday, Sect 43 seems to be getting further down the stand. The lads at sect 43 are doing a good job but we need to be filling those seats all around the stadium. We need to get the old east back and some of the ex ST holders. Have been a ST holder for 15 years and we have had out ups and our down but we are definitley on our way up. Our attendance has been about 9/10k this season. Hibs had 8000+ ST's sold this year and we need to be aiming for people with out a ST to buy a ticket. If this good form continues we will see quite a few people picking up half season tickets. GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Fair enough, mate. It's nothing personal against you, it's just that when a newbie immedately posts to draw attention to empty seats, it's hard to know if it's a Hibs fan or a Gorgie gargoyle trying to rip the pish. That's the nature of the internet I guess and we all go through it. Once you've been around a short while you'll be fine.

gegs70
08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I would bring a couple of my sons friends. You have always got to think about the future support how about giving free tickets to young season ticket holders to bring a friend or 2? Alternatively give tickets to football clubs such as ksq, salvesen, etc and offer players to help with training?

steviehibsleith
08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Think breaking the 10000 mark against the bottom otf the league team was a step in the right direction.
Fans are coming back and there is a much better feeling and optimism from fans, players and the manager on how this season will pan out.
We are the team sitting second and i was up saturday and am looking forward to the next home tie against St Mirren:thumbsup:

HTD1875
08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
We're currently heading in the right direction attendances are steadily improving each game, if the current form continues and we get a result on the 2nd of january there will be quite a few half season tickets getting bought. A big problem from personal experience is the pricing especially kids tickets most 13/14 year olds pocket money doesn't cover the £20 needed for ticket bus fare and food for a game, that's why theres loads of wee ladies that aren't normally at the games go to the cup games were its a fiver to get in.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 04:17 PM
We're currently heading in the right direction attendances are steadily improving each game, if the current form continues and we get a result on the 2nd of january there will be quite a few half season tickets getting bought. A big problem from personal experience is the pricing especially kids tickets most 13/14 year olds pocket money doesn't cover the £20 needed for ticket bus fare and food for a game, that's why theres loads of wee ladies that aren't normally at the games go to the cup games were its a fiver to get in.
£20 is too much for a child. Seeing as the kids ST is only about 140??

sbell1875
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I agree. Too much is made of it. Lets face it we're not exactly rattling around in the Maracana.

10k fans can make a decent noise but if we get a team that everyone wants to see then we can aim for a 13k - 14k average and that'll do nicely.

There were more fans at Easter Road on Saturday than the other 2 SPL games on Saturday combined. Bar the Hearts game I believe the attendance has steadily increased at each home game so long may that continue.

Fair play to the Dundee fans on Saturday. A much larger support than St. Johnstone and Kilnarnock.

--------
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM

I would think it would be a good plan to price tickets for under-16s at £5, and allow ST holders to bring youngsters along at a cut-rate as well. It should be manageable while the stadium's less than 75% full.

gegs70
08-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Lets try to get all the families going. Season tickets are over priced and not everyone can make all the games, ticket prices fir individual spl games over £20 is a bit of a joke how do they compare to english prices and german/other league prices? I was thinking standard rate season tickets of £250-££275....kids and friend £50 ....get bums on seats sell stuff in the stadium to get a better income and make it more like murrayfield a carnival around the stadium with plenty ways to part with cash.

english_hibee
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Also a new poster, and non yam so I hope an opinion can be posted......??

All that was said, in my opnion, is that we have a 20k plus seater stadium, which is the envy of most in scotland (with the exception of Glasgow) in so far as the facilities and training options go, and we should be filling it to more that 50% capacity - think that was the main point.

The club itself issues a lot of free tickets, several hundred per game,to local charities and organisations.

Given the last few seasons, there are many many fans who have kept away, on the basis of past form, and I for one dont blame them at all. In my opinion, it will take much more than one or two wins to convince people that £60 plus a week is worth it for family entertainment - I apologise to the uberfans out there, but when there are several children involved, an afternoon at the footie becomes expensive, in the current climate, especially if one is accustomed to their team losing.

I personally think its going to take til at least after christmas to see ER 75% capacity- most people need more than a couple of good results before they will shell out the kind of money it takes. As my grandad used to say (about an english team), "when should I go see the wanderers? They dont come to see me when I'm bad".....!!

frazeHFC
08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
.nets obsession with "yams" is unreal.

Yam ^

:agree:

silverhibee
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Yam ^

:agree:

It's an invasion. :agree:

oregonhibby
09-10-2012, 06:55 AM
An upward spiral versus a downward spiral is always better. Given the performances last year we were all fearful of crows in the 5 - 7k range. Performances are improving and as a result people are coming back. What game are we at in the season? Living within our means on a level playing field we are going about bringing the fans back the correct way - with a team on the park and results going our way. 20,000 is always a big ask and as I recall some of our better crowds out with the old firm when we were flying was in the 10-12k range and on Saturday against Dundee we crept over the 10k - progress.

Discounts have their place but a team on the park will always better that. Now turning to our neighbours - their car has suddenly been downgraded to a Skoda - who look like they are beginning to live within their means. I wonder what spiral they are on!

marinello59
09-10-2012, 07:17 AM
An upward spiral versus a downward spiral is always better. Given the performances last year we were all fearful of crows in the 5 - 7k range. Performances are improving and as a result people are coming back. What game are we at in the season? Living within our means on a level playing field we are going about bringing the fans back the correct way - with a team on the park and results going our way. 20,000 is always a big ask and as I recall some of our better crowds out with the old firm when we were flying was in the 10-12k range and on Saturday against Dundee we crept over the 10k - progress.

Discounts have their place but a team on the park will always better that. Now turning to our neighbours - their car has suddenly been downgraded to a Skoda - who look like they are beginning to live within their means. I wonder what spiral they are on!

:top marks

Brightside
09-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Under 16s - £2 if with an adult. They would spend another tenner on chips and juice anyway.

Godsahibby
09-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Under 16s - £2 if with an adult. They would spend another tenner on chips and juice anyway.

Does most of that not go to the catering company?

marinello59
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Does most of that not go to the catering company?

I think the catering company pays a fixed price for the concession so that money would benefit the caterers more. Although I am probably wrong.:greengrin

J-C
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Pretty straightforward, let kids and OAP's in for half price, so in the east stand £11 each.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Pretty straightforward, let kids and OAP's in for half price, so in the east stand £11 each.

I agree with the kids but OAP's half price nae chance, they should be means tested. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM

But it is only £12 at the minute for concessions. Is £1 that much of a deal?

Mikey
09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
How would those of you who would slash prices plan on balancing the books?

Craig_in_Prague
09-10-2012, 10:16 AM
How would those of you who would slash prices plan on balancing the books?

What about lost opportunity - Can Hibs quantify that?

i.e.
how many fathers (or mothers) do not attend, because they can't afford to take their kids along with them, so overall it's not affordable?

How much would be spent on food/drinks/programmes etc by these (potentially) missing fans?

How much income would we lose letting kids in for very little (that attend now) V how many more kids and parents would be able to afford the game as a family?

I know it's not easy to quantify all these things and Hibs like to play safe, but do not discourage other ideas and that we cannot balance our books, without getting more kids (and adults) through the gates, which afterall is about also securing our fanbase over the long-term.

Football is an expensive thing these days and I am astonished kids prices (<16) are anything more than a nominal entry fee.

Greendub
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Never bought a ST, but I have been to all the home games with my wee bro, bar the derby.

Standing at that absolute shambles of a ticket pod at the west on Saturday, that is something hibs needs to address, frustrating still standing there 15 mins after kick-off

Lookin forward to a half season ticket :-)

J-C
09-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Never bought a ST, but I have been to all the home games with my wee bro, bar the derby.

Standing at that absolute shambles of a ticket pod at the west on Saturday, that is something hibs needs to address, frustrating still standing there 15 mins after kick-off

Lookin forward to a half season ticket :-)

I went down early on saturday, about 10.30am and bought mine in the club store, no queue in and out in 2 mins.

JennaFletcher
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Many of you talking about how much people spend on food... I know this is a bit of a change of subject... (These views are my own) - but is it legal for Hibs to sell fake Coca Cola at every game but advertise it as the original??

Does anyone else think it is fake or is it just me?

JennaFletcher
09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
As for ticket prices what about a "buddy" ticket?

One person pays full price - the other half price - seated together?

A range of family options would be good too but there really isn't anything in place that rewards friendship and Hibs loyalty!

Greendub
09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I went down early on saturday, about 10.30am and bought mine in the club store, no queue in and out in 2 mins.

It was a lost ticket we were after, but the amount of people queuing and the speed of which the queue was going down was a bit concerning.

The lasses at the counter seemed in no rush at all

J-C
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Many of you talking about how much people spend on food... I know this is a bit of a change of subject... (These views are my own) - but is it legal for Hibs to sell fake Coca Cola at every game but advertise it as the original??

Does anyone else think it is fake or is it just me?

It won't be fake but out of a pump with mixed syrup and fizzy water, it'll be from Coca cola but not like the real thing, they sell it in pubs all the time, cheaper option. A bit similar to McDonald's Coca Cola and KFC's Pepsi.

Hibs7
09-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Look at the prices for the Ross County game, if Hibs charged those prices more seats would be filled. PAY ATTENTION HIBS FC.

Gatecrasher
09-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Look at the prices for the Ross County game, if Hibs charged those prices more seats would be filled. PAY ATTENTION HIBS FC.

It's only a couple of quid difference to what Hibs are charging :confused:

marinello59
09-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Shhhh. The answer is ALWAYS to lower prices. Why those money obsessed accountants running our club can't see that is beyond me. We need Fitba minded people in charge. Or something like that.:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Shhhh. The answer is ALWAYS to lower prices. Why those money obsessed accountants running our club can't see that is beyond me. We need Fitba minded people in charge. Or something like that.:confused:

:agree: I shall be rather upset if Ross County do not have the biggest crowd in the SPL for that game.

RyeSloan
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
We would just have large queues at the cash gate. Its done to stop money being nicked.

Not the case unless you are suggesting there would only be 3 cash gate turnstiles in use.

Fact is Hibs have reduced the cash gate to 3 turnstiles for the East....this is probably less than used to be available for the old East which of course used to suffer significant queues.

What is the difference between selling tickets via kiosk v selling v turnstile? Surely there are ways to reconcile number of people through the tunrstile v tickets sold v cash received.....wouldn't seem beyond the wit of man!

Even if you accept that the ticket must be pre purchased via a kiosk I'm surprised that so many people think these queuse are acceptable, even if you arrive 10 -15 minutes before the game the queues take so long to go down you are lucky to see kick off. It's clear to me and every person that has to suffer these queues that the kiosk capacity is too low for the peak demand.

Hibs7
09-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Look a bit closer, concessions for over 60, with Hibs it is 65, plus under 16 £10.......

Greendub
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM
There's was quite a few foreigners at the game on sat

Perhaps the club could look into that, getting in touch with tourism companies and letting them know about games taking place at Easter road.

When I visit European cities I like to go to a match and experience they're game.

And as Edinburgh has just been voted Europes top destination, might be. Good way to get some extra seats filled

Gatecrasher
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Look a bit closer, concessions for over 60, with Hibs it is 65, plus under 16 £10.......

So over 60s get a better deal and concessions get in for £2 less, it's still nothing to write home about.

Phil MaGlass
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Not the case unless you are suggesting there would only be 3 cash gate turnstiles in use.

Fact is Hibs have reduced the cash gate to 3 turnstiles for the East....this is probably less than used to be available for the old East which of course used to suffer significant queues.

What is the difference between selling tickets via kiosk v selling v turnstile? Surely there are ways to reconcile number of people through the tunrstile v tickets sold v cash received.....wouldn't seem beyond the wit of man!

Even if you accept that the ticket must be pre purchased via a kiosk I'm surprised that so many people think these queuse are acceptable, even if you arrive 10 -15 minutes before the game the queues take so long to go down you are lucky to see kick off. It's clear to me and every person that has to suffer these queues that the kiosk capacity is too low for the peak demand.

Thing is, it´s not acceptable, it´s just another one of the things that are putting off walk up fans , its f,n sloppy actually, in this day and age we cannae get folk in on time who turn up 15 mins before KO,cos they have tae queue up f,n twice for a match ticket, its insane I remember someone on her saying to others that they shouldnae all turn up with 2 mins to KO and they would get in,but thats not the case, Its obvious from what I have been reading regularly on Hibs-net, it needs to be addressed, again it comes down to match day experience. Database pish and not enough PATG turnstyles, not good enough for any club that is trying to get fans through the gates.

gegs70
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
As for ticket prices what about a "buddy" ticket?

One person pays full price - the other half price - seated together?

A range of family options would be good too but there really isn't anything in place that rewards friendship and Hibs loyalty!

Thats good idea group discounts for large families or friends?

marinello59
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Thats good idea group discounts for large families or friends?

So if somebody buys a season ticket would their buddy get their buddy get one at half price?

RIP
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm wondering if we are not being short sighted here. In a decade or two, if the Scottish obesity crisis continues unabated, we will all need at least our own seat and an extra arse cheek of the seat next to us. The bigger lard ar ses will need two seats. Wee Eck has already turned into Fat Boab? Have a look in the mirror. How many of us over 40's are the same weight we were 20 years ago?

And for those of us who stand, the width of a seat doesn't currently offer enough room to do the Hibees Bounce. We should rip out the current seats and replace them with wider seats. Also convert some areas to safe standing with square sectioned crush barriers to rest yer pie and bovril oan

:dunno:

stormchild
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM
been a hibby all my days (aged 50 now) and took my stepson on saturday (he supports rangers! well he did until saturday). £34 for both plus cost of mcdonalds before game and pie and cola at half time, factor in fuel from west lothian and I didn't have much change from £60. i would love to go to easter road every other week but just couldn't afford it! I certainly couldn't afford a season ticket but there may be a half season ticket in the new year depending on finances.

I do think that child prices should be looked at as a way to encourage future supporters and think £5 would be a fair price. What hibs have to remember is not just the price of the ticket, but also merchandise (he now wants the yellow third strip) and if he can go to school and encourage his wee pals that to support hibs is so much better and friendlier than rangers and all the crap that goes with them then that MUST be a good thing.

ok only my tuppence worth and I'm sure someone will call me down for it but hey-ho

jgl07
09-10-2012, 06:46 PM
been a hibby all my days (aged 50 now) and took my stepson on saturday (he supports rangers! well he did until saturday). £34 for both plus cost of mcdonalds before game and pie and cola at half time, factor in fuel from west lothian and I didn't have much change from £60. i would love to go to easter road every other week but just couldn't afford it! I certainly couldn't afford a season ticket but there may be a half season ticket in the new year depending on finances.

I do think that child prices should be looked at as a way to encourage future supporters and think £5 would be a fair price. What hibs have to remember is not just the price of the ticket, but also merchandise (he now wants the yellow third strip) and if he can go to school and encourage his wee pals that to support hibs is so much better and friendlier than rangers and all the crap that goes with them then that MUST be a good thing.

ok only my tuppence worth and I'm sure someone will call me down for it but hey-ho

From your figures, a reduction in childrens tickets to £5 would reduce your £60 outlay to £53.

Is that really gooing to make much of a difference?

J-C
09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
From your figures, a reduction in childrens tickets to £5 would reduce your £60 outlay to £53.

Over the course of a season it does, 19+ games at £7 = £133 at least, the price of a kids season ticket.

Gatecrasher
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Over the course of a season it does, 19+ games at £7 = £133 at least, the price of a kids season ticket.
Or a kids ST could have been free if bought with an Adult one in the FF Stand

jgl07
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM

He could save far more by cutting the junk food and eating beforehand at home. Just a thought.

stormchild
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM

with two other kids (one just a year old), yes it would,but also a reduction to adult prices wouldn't go amiss. It just costs far too much for 1 1/2 hours entertainment. i have been going to stock car racing at cowdenbeath for the last 8 years and at this years prices (£13) for 4 hours entertainment is good value for money. also only £5 for kids to get in.

Capt Mainwaring
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM

A McDonalds before the game and a pie and coke at half time! See Post #68:tee hee:

gegs70
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
How much would you all pay to get into easter road? I would say £15 per game for adults £5 for kids under 18.

season tickets around £200 getting bums on seats gets people in and they spend in the shop and in the food. They need to be creative with the types of things they then sell in the forecourt...popcorn
..othrr business partners with displays.

Mikey
10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
How much would you all pay to get into easter road? I would say £15 per game for adults £5 for kids under 18.

season tickets around £200 getting bums on seats gets people in and they spend in the shop and in the food. They need to be creative with the types of things they then sell in the forecourt...popcorn
..othrr business partners with displays.

Crowds would have to more than double with those prices. Would that happen?

stormchild
10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
think the point i'm getting at here is the whole matchday experience. It should be enjoyable for everyone and if thats a happy meal for the bairn and a pint for me before the game then thats what it should be about. I have taken my stepson and he now wants to go to more matches! Now while I have no problem with that finances dictate. i have taken a boy from west lothian who's own father is steeped in bigotry and hopefully converted him into a hibs supporter. His father was on the phone on the sunday giving him pelters for the photo's he put on Facebook, luckily he told him where to get off. These youngsters should be the supporters of the future and should be encouraged into SPl football not division 3.

gegs70
10-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Crowds would have to more than double with those prices. Would that happen?

It doesnt have to be that price. But what I was getting at is that whilw season ticket revenue may go down others sales may increase shop , food and drink we can then look to try out other ways to make extra cash. Currently we run at less than 50% capcity...what stops people from going is it price, value for money, times and days games are played?

GreenCastle
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
The bottom line is that Scottish Football is way overpriced for what is on offer.

We are pretty much paying English Premiership prices for no where near the quality.

This can link in with the recent Sevco situation - paying for something you can't afford.

The game needs to lower prices and cut back - ok the quality may suffer slightly in the short term but longer term you will get more people into the stadiums and the game will grow.

Prices are crazy and if you take your kids etc then it really does add up.

The food at ER is overpriced also and poor so it's not like your even paying for a decent product if you happen to be hungry.

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought something at the stadium - the last time I ate at a game was probably East End Park last season when the prices were reasonable and the pies pretty good.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 10:03 AM
It doesnt have to be that price. But what I was getting at is that whilw season ticket revenue may go down others sales may increase shop , food and drink we can then look to try out other ways to make extra cash. Currently we run at less than 50% capcity...what stops people from going is it price, value for money, times and days games are played?

All good points, however, as previously stated the money for food and drink goes to the contract caterers,nothing for Hibs there. Times and days we have no control over, we sold our soul to TV many moons ago..

PeeJay
10-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Surely, if the game in Scotland wants to survive, it should take control of the game away the tv companies?

No more ridiculous scheduling of games to suit armchair fans!

3:00 pm kick-off on Saturdays!

Reintroduce standing areas

Lower the prices drastically for kids ...

gegs70
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
All good points, however, as previously stated the money for food and drink goes to the contract caterers,nothing for Hibs there. Times and days we have no control over, we sold our soul to TV many moons ago..

Do the caterers pay for use of the facilities as a one of fee or do hibs also take a percentage of any profit? Regardless of what we think increase the amount going to the stadium and you should be able to increase revenue on matchdays?

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Do the caterers pay for use of the facilities as a one of fee or do hibs also take a percentage of any profit? Regardless of what we think increase the amount going to the stadium and you should be able to increase revenue on matchdays?

I would imagine a one off fee.

superfurryhibby
10-10-2012, 11:53 AM
He could save far more by cutting the junk food and eating beforehand at home. Just a thought.

Save the thought-no food police required.

I think the guys point is that it's a dear pastime, especially for those who take their kids (the future is now). Personally, I would let kids in free to some sections of the ground, if acompanied by a paying adult and I would reduce admission to a fiver if they are not. As some have pointed out, there's no that many youngsters whose folks hand over £12.00 plus the rest for their bairns to go to the football. Christ, I never paid into Easter Road until I was around 16 and in danger of being lifted for climbing the wall of the old terrace. There was no way my ma could give me cash for the football.

kennyh
10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
All kids U 16 in my mind should be a nominal amount.

They are the future and we have to get them hooked, Hibs had the £370 adault and kid ST deal in the FF lower but that was limited to 250. When Rod sent his plea out to us to buy ST's they initially refused fans looking for that deal saying the 250 had sold out. Thankfully they relented and accepted my cash on that offer or I would be a PATG fan this year and would be at a lot less games and my kids at even fewer as I struggle to justify PATG of ~ £44 plus £20 petrol, half time grub (I usualy get round that by bringing in a Greggs) but the request is always there for Pies and juice.

Are Hibs really worth paying £70+ on for a run of the mill game ? In the past I wouldn't have thought twice about any costs associated with Hibs but times change.

Hibs should have a big presence at the Uni's when the new intakes happen each year with great offers of ST's. I would promote student ST's for ~£50/60 and any walk up student can get in for a tenner at any game. I know folk have complained here about big cost reductions to students, some may already be Hibs fans who could and would pay full PATG prices but why not try and hook many more who keep with Hibs long after their student days.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
All kids U 16 in my mind should be a nominal amount.

They are the future and we have to get them hooked, Hibs had the £370 adault and kid ST deal in the FF lower but that was limited to 250. When Rod sent his plea out to us to buy ST's they initially refused fans looking for that deal saying the 250 had sold out. Thankfully they relented and accepted my cash on that offer or I would be a PATG fan this year and would be at a lot less games and my kids at even fewer as I struggle to justify PATG of ~ £44 plus £20 petrol, half time grub (I usualy get round that by bringing in a Greggs) but the request is always there for Pies and juice.

Are Hibs really worth paying £70+ on for a run of the mill game ? In the past I wouldn't have thought twice about any costs associated with Hibs but times change.

Hibs should have a big presence at the Uni's when the new intakes happen each year with great offers of ST's. I would promote student ST's for ~£50/60 and any walk up student can get in for a tenner at any game. I know folk have complained here about big cost reductions to students, some may already be Hibs fans who could and would pay full PATG prices but why not try and hook many more who keep with Hibs long after their student days.

One of the main issues with student/youth prices is it would appear students/youths would still like to pay student/youths rates long after they have become adults. In fact I hear them boasting of it frequently.

Phil MaGlass
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
think the point i'm getting at here is the whole matchday experience. It should be enjoyable for everyone and if thats a happy meal for the bairn and a pint for me before the game then thats what it should be about. I have taken my stepson and he now wants to go to more matches! Now while I have no problem with that finances dictate. i have taken a boy from west lothian who's own father is steeped in bigotry and hopefully converted him into a hibs supporter. His father was on the phone on the sunday giving him pelters for the photo's he put on Facebook, luckily he told him where to get off. These youngsters should be the supporters of the future and should be encouraged into SPl football not division 3.

I said almost the same thing not long ago and keep banging on about it, give a couple of thousand tickets away to clubs schools etc where the kids at these schools are mostly wearing hun and sellik tops and who have never been to a game before, once they have been to a game, experienced the atmosphere, ran around like eejits with kids their own age, one or two of them will be guaranteed to want to come back, thats money for the future.
You have said exactly what I was trying to say for ages.

kennyh
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
One of the main issues with student/youth prices is it would appear students/youths would still like to pay student/youths rates long after they have become adults. In fact I hear them boasting of it frequently.

Haven't we all tried to work a system at some point to our financial benefit.
Its up to Hibs to have processes in place to stop widespread abuse of any system they have in place.

marinello59
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Haven't we all tried to work a system at some point to our financial benefit.
Its up to Hibs to have processes in place to stop widespread abuse of any system they have in place.

Which costs money.
It's a shame that you seem to find it normal that people would try and screw the club they claim to love out of much needed income.

Mikey
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
........we sold our soul to TV many moons ago..

Hibs voted against the current TV deal for the reasons frequently raised on here.

RyeSloan
10-10-2012, 03:35 PM
The elephant in the room is the fact that Hibs cannot act unilaterally to lower the cost of attending football.

The costs are impacted by a huge variety of factors, not least the fact that we sit cheek by jowl with the richest league in the world and one that puts huge amounts of money into players pockets as well as shovelling some of that down the way as well....

Championship teams receiving parachute payments 2011/12
Birmingham City - £15,475,005
Blackpool - £15,475,005
Burnley - £12,219,732
Hull City - £12,219,732
Middlesbrough - £4,081,548
Portsmouth - £12,219,732
West Ham United - £15,475,005

Without a Scotland wide wage cap and probably a resultant decline in quality there is little that can be done...jeez I here people bemoaning the quality of the SPL already you can only imagine the comments if we limited wages to the point where adults could pay £15 and kids were free.

As for catering costs….who cares. I’m amazed anyone needs to eat at a football game anyway and if you take a kid along simply buy a bag of sweets and a carton of juice before hand (just dinnae eat all the haribo yourself!!)

--------
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Which costs money.
It's a shame that you seem to find it normal that people would try and screw the club they claim to love out of much needed income.

My own thoughts entirely.

Dalkeith
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
"It's a shame that you seem to find it normal that people would try and screw the club they claim to love out of much needed income."

There are overseas fans wanting to pay to watch live streams of all home games but the club will not do it

3pm
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Hibs voted against the current TV deal for the reasons frequently raised on here.

Judt the ESPN bit.

Lucius Apuleius
11-10-2012, 05:42 AM

By we I was talking about the collective "we" of football, not just Hibs.

gegs70
11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
The elephant in the room is the fact that Hibs cannot act unilaterally to lower the cost of attending football.

The costs are impacted by a huge variety of factors, not least the fact that we sit cheek by jowl with the richest league in the world and one that puts huge amounts of money into players pockets as well as shovelling some of that down the way as well....

Championship teams receiving parachute payments 2011/12
Birmingham City - £15,475,005
Blackpool - £15,475,005
Burnley - £12,219,732
Hull City - £12,219,732
Middlesbrough - £4,081,548
Portsmouth - £12,219,732
West Ham United - £15,475,005

Without a Scotland wide wage cap and probably a resultant decline in quality there is little that can be done...jeez I here people bemoaning the quality of the SPL already you can only imagine the comments if we limited wages to the point where adults could pay £15 and kids were free.

As for catering costs….who cares. I’m amazed anyone needs to eat at a football game anyway and if you take a kid along simply buy a bag of sweets and a carton of juice before hand (just dinnae eat all the haribo yourself!!)

While I agree that the the EPL do have a rediculous amount of money at hand I do think that some Epll clubs will struggle by paying average players big money a few clubs are already struggling.

I just think at the moment the money paid for spl games is far too much and this be enough of a barrier to stop groups of kids going or families. 20 years ago it was only £5 or so to get into a game....of which back then you could suggest it was better value for money??

Sometimes you need to start again build from solid foundations, It would be nice to encourage more families back as this is the foundation that the club needs for its future support. I would like to see more kids entertainment before the game so kids do want to go and early on so that cash is spent much earlier in shop and stadium.

kennyh
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Which costs money.

I didn't mean its acceptable or normal for Hibs fans to screw the club, simply facing facts it's inevitable a few lower priced tickets could occasionally end up with some who would otherwise pay full price.

The Modfather
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Shame Petrie decided to pick and choose when to listen to us when he voted for a 10 team SPL before the Sevco fiasco!

marinello59
11-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Shame Petrie decided to pick and choose when to listen to us when he voted for a 10 team SPL before the Sevco fiasco!

When was that vote then?

superfurryhibby
11-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Football sold it's soul a long time ago.

Stevo1875
11-10-2012, 12:16 PM
half prices - double attendance. try this for 1 game and give STs a discount for a cup game to keep them happy.

if full, er will take more money at the pie stand etc.

marinello59
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
half prices - double attendance. try this for 1 game and give STs a discount for a cup game to keep them happy.

if full, er will take more money at the pie stand etc.

Aye, Sling something as an afterthought to the fans who pay a whack up front in response to the clubs plea to back the manager. They will be delighted with a discounted cup ticket even though many have cup top ups.
Crowds are gradually increasing as this team continues to show some decent form and attitude. That's what makes the only sustainable difference.

J-C
11-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Aye, Sling something as an afterthought to the fans who pay a whack up front in response to the clubs plea to back the manager. They will be delighted with a discounted cup ticket even though many have cup top ups.
Crowds are gradually increasing as this team continues to show some decent form and attitude. That's what makes the only sustainable difference.

I agree, I don't think giving people half price tickets will go down well with the thousands that forked out for a season ticket, I think cheap tickets for kids is a good thing, gotta get them interested again, maybe cheap student prices too, plenty of them in Edinburgh also.

Maybe a buy one get one half price every now and then, that'll get people back again and if the team are still doing ok these same people may come back, the East is only £22, so that'd be £33...........£16.50 each.

biffo1875
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
simply by reduceing prices to games is the only way forward to get more people back at er .i for one just cannot afford any more to take my daughters to alot of games know.i had a season ticket for over 20 years and due to serveral factors i did not renew this year .i still try and get to some games at er but if you take in to account travel/ couple drinks ticket and food your looking at least £40 for a so called cat b game.if i take my better half :wink: and my 2 daughters just for tickets take next home game against st mirren it will cost me £68 just to see the game add on expenses it nearly £100 .as for cat a games that are on tv they want £28 its time for all clubs to get real .i think that a cat b game should be £15 adults and a£5 for under 16s take in what you spend in the ground it still adds up may be £50 for a family of 4.it will get more people back to the games and it will all so benifet the club to attract and keep the fans of the future ..as for the so called cat a games why do the prices jump to £28 for a game that is on tv and lets just say different times .its the same hibs team give or take a change or two so is adding on another £6a ticket to watch or see their players i for one think not .just another case of bleeding the the fans of money and that includes the away fans.its time all clubs address this and quickly because if they dont it could be the begining of the end for alot of clubs.so they need to look at it soon. i for one would be going back to er with family of 4 and i am sure there are a lot of people like me but if it continues like the prices are i think scottish football clubs and more importantly hibs will struggle to attract people back .

Johnny0762
11-10-2012, 08:44 PM
They should take out all the seats from the back 10 rows in the East and stick in some terracing bars. :agree:

SMAXXA
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree, I don't think giving people half price tickets will go down well with the thousands that forked out for a season ticket, I think cheap tickets for kids is a good thing, gotta get them interested again, maybe cheap student prices too, plenty of them in Edinburgh also.

Maybe a buy one get one half price every now and then, that'll get people back again and if the team are still doing ok these same people may come back, the East is only £22, so that'd be £33...........£16.50 each.

I'd rather reduce prices and get hibs fans back in that have witnessed years of pain regardless if it right or wrong why they now don't attend over this blanket approach to giv students cause there are plenty of them in edinburgh tickets for the sake of it.

I'd much rather go round homeless shelters and old folks homes and give tickets away than just give to people who have decided to further their education.

Nowt against students btw but imo why do they deserve a reduced deal over say an apprentice joiner getting 80 quid a week or an old timer on a pension.

J-C
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I'd rather reduce prices and get hibs fans back in that have witnessed years of pain regardless if it right or wrong why they now don't attend over this blanket approach to giv students cause there are plenty of them in edinburgh tickets for the sake of it.

I'd much rather go round homeless shelters and old folks homes and give tickets away than just give to people who have decided to further their education.

Nowt against students btw but imo why do they deserve a reduced deal over say an apprentice joiner getting 80 quid a week or an old timer on a pension.

The student thing was just an idea, we have thousands who come to Edinburgh every year from all over Britain, I'm sure they can't get to their own teams games, so why not entice them to ER, add bums and pennies.

gegs70
12-10-2012, 08:45 AM
They need to look at different ways to sell tickets.....sell corporate tickets to local businesses within edinburgh. I do tjink the key is to sell cheapwr season tickets because people do buy these in advance of knowing how well the season will go....

Geo_1875
12-10-2012, 10:43 AM
They should take out all the seats from the back 10 rows in the East and stick in some terracing bars. :agree:

As long as nobody spills my pint. :)

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM

I am quite happy sitting there, thank you.