PDA

View Full Version : Deegan out with broken jaw

Pages : [1] 2

edinburghhibee
07-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Heard from a mate earlier that Gary Deegan was up the town on Saturday night with the rest of the players and was attacked, not sure how or where he was attacked but he is suspected of having a broken jaw in two places. Not good news if true and hopefully the thug who carried this out was caught.

zlatan
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/ibtl00183f.jpg

SteveHFC
07-10-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/ibtl00183f.jpg

:hilarious

edinburghhibee
07-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Sorry Zlat I don't get it? is there a thread on this already or what?:confused:

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Hopefully not. Deegan has probably been our most useful player so far of the season apart from Claros, McPake and Sparky.
If it is true speedy recovery, hes our only midfeilder who's not scared to put a strong tackle in.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2012, 04:02 AM
In other news ...

I see Gers are at it again ;)

http://m.scotsman.com/news/conservative-leader-ruth-davidson-just-12-of-scottish-homes-contribute-to-economy-1-2565127

And on a brighter note

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/119076-black-hits-out-at-hearts-treatment-of-players/

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Hopefully not. Deegan has probably been our most useful player so far of the season apart from Claros, McPake and Sparky.
If it is true speedy recovery, hes our only midfeilder who's not scared to put a strong tackle in.

Totally agree with this I think that when he has been tiring towards to end of games we seem to fall out of it a bit.

I'm hoping its not true but like you said if true hope the international break is enough time to recover.

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 04:18 AM
In other news ...

I see Gers are at it again ;)

http://m.scotsman.com/news/conservative-leader-ruth-davidson-just-12-of-scottish-homes-contribute-to-economy-1-2565127

And on a brighter note

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/119076-black-hits-out-at-hearts-treatment-of-players/

So viva do you think I've just made this up off the top of my head??? Guess we will see because I'm sure if this has happened it won't stay quiet for long.

Wilson
08-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Can anyone vouch for the whereabouts of Jimmy Scott at the time? :wink:

Golden Bear
08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Totally agree with this I think that when he has been tiring towards to end of games we seem to fall out of it a bit.

I'm hoping its not true but like you said if true hope the international break is enough time to recover.

If it's a broken jaw then I doubt if he'll be fit for the next game.

Hopefully this story is no more than a rumour, but if it's not, then it's typical Hibs that just when things are improving on the park, a story like this will appear in the Press and you can be sure that they'll milk the situation regardless of whether the player is totally innocent or not.

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 08:33 AM
McPake posted a photo on twitter of a few of the players out for a bevy on saturday night, Deegan was in the photo so its definetely possible. Hopefully not true

Hibs90
08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
McPake posted a photo on twitter of a few of the players out for a bevy on saturday night, Deegan was in the photo so its definetely possible. Hopefully not true

He did, which is probably where the OP got the idea to make this ***** up.

lugz
08-10-2012, 08:54 AM

That was my first thought.
Only thing they spoke about the day after was that Leigh got himself slightly too drunk with several bombs.

Steve-O
08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Sounds like the players were steaming on Saturday night...old habits? :rolleyes:

Suppose it is 2 weeks till next game so they can maybe be cut some slack.

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Sounds like the players were steaming on Saturday night...old habits? :rolleyes:

I think its a good thing that they can go out for a drink together, shows that they all get along with each other and there is a team spirit. Especially after a 3-0 victory and as you say there is no games for 2 weeks.
Its not acceptable after a humiliating defeat or if any of them make a habit of it like Garry Jos...I mean O'Connor

Thecat23
08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Nothing at all wrong with any of the team having a few drinks more so if they aren't playing for the club for a couple of weeks. I agree about not going into town after a defeat or week in week out but end of the day they need to also unwind.

For the record, I used to go out with a few Hibs lads back in the Sauzee days, and believe me there was a few big drinkers in that team. Most out every Tuesday night.

ivan03
08-10-2012, 09:55 AM
it was a team night out, the boys left in good spirit, deegs had took a walk along the street and some boy gave him pelters, and banged him, he took a sore one, possibly 2 bottom teeth out, but never caused any trouble after, he left in a taxi shortly after, if the papers print anything more than that then its false.

doubt he has a broken jaw to be honest, should be fine!

Broken Gnome
08-10-2012, 10:17 AM

How or where does it sound like they were steaming?

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM

If you follow any of the players on twitter they gave the impression that it was a bit of a messy one, which imo is fine once in a while

3pm
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Nothing at all wrong with any of the team having a few drinks more so if they aren't playing for the club for a couple of weeks. I agree about not going into town after a defeat or week in week out but end of the day they need to also unwind.

For the record, I used to go out with a few Hibs lads back in the Sauzee days, and believe me there was a few big drinkers in that team. Most out every Tuesday night.

The story is that Latapy led a 'sesh' at a Fountainbridge nightclub 72 hours before we gubbed them 6-2!

Saorsa
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Suppose it is 2 weeks till next game so they can maybe be cut some slack.They'll be so pleased tae hear that from you. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
The story is that Latapy led a 'sesh' at a Fountainbridge nightclub 72 hours before we gubbed them 6-2!

Well I wasn't at that one :greengrin but wouldn't surprise me if that was true. He loved a sesh that boy. One thing I will say is that dressing room was very much united and they often done things together out with the footy.

--------
08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
it was a team night out, the boys left in good spirit, deegs had took a walk along the street and some boy gave him pelters, and banged him, he took a sore one, possibly 2 bottom teeth out, but never caused any trouble after, he left in a taxi shortly after, if the papers print anything more than that then its false.

He's in good company.
Hibs players play better with a few missing teeth, IIRC. :cb

http://www.blackandwhitepublishing.com/images/generated/bigTheresOnlyOneSauzee394.jpg

Hibee87
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
kudos to the guy if true and he didnt retaliate.....Deegan on the pitch comes across as a bit of a hard man that looks like her could take care of himself. Its the sort of bad press we could be doing without so IF true and some nuggert hooked him one then fair play for not knocking him out and having the papers all over him like a rash with the usual 'hibs players in bust up' ***** :aok:

LeighLoyal
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
kudos to the guy if true and he didnt retaliate.....Deegan on the pitch comes across as a bit of a hard man that looks like her could take care of himself. Its the sort of bad press we could be doing without so IF true and some nuggert hooked him one then fair play for not knocking him out and having the papers all over him like a rash with the usual 'hibs players in bust up' ***** :aok:

Some wido having a go at Deegan, too bad no Hibee was at hand to deal with this lout.

Hibs7
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
It was probably a Jambo neanderthal, so let's hope it was caught on camera and the **** gets put away and his @rse reamed when he is behind bars

LeighLoyal
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
It was probably a Jambo neanderthal, so let's hope it was caught on camera and the **** gets put away and his @rse reamed when he is behind bars

Or some Sevco bigot. We should drive them out the town to their West Lothian slums! :aok:

Mark79
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Well I wasn't at that one :greengrin but wouldn't surprise me if that was true. He loved a sesh that boy. One thing I will say is that dressing room was very much united and they often done things together out with the footy.

No word of a lie but I was there. Jack, latapy, sar-temsoury and someone I cant remember in eros and elite. Latapy was on the pineapple breezers big time. My two hearts pals were with me and giving him the "your getting gubbed on Sunday" nonsense and the rest is history.

HibeeN
08-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Griffiths just tweeted that this is true and Deegan is having an op today

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 11:40 AM

Yeah that's right I made it up cos I've got nothing else to do with my time,

HibeeMcGinn1
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Just lifted off Sparkys twitter:

@LeighG28: “@purv1875: @JamesMcPake @LeighG28 any truth in the story that Deegan got his jaw broken on Saturday night? #rumours” it's true...op today!!

Kato
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Sounds like the players were steaming on Saturday night

Remarkable deduction, Holmes.

Care to explain how you arrived at this.

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Very bad news, dear oh dear. Some right clowns about. Hopefully not out for too long. Looks like Tom Taiwo may be getting in the team faster than he thought.

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Yep that's exactly how it was described to me after quizzing this morning deegz was not at fault whatsoever in this just a clown gave him a bit of gob then smacked him.

s.a.m
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Could this be the incident?

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/police-appeal-after-man-assaulted-in-the-street-1-2565522

Pretty Boy
08-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Whilst an unprovoked attack is beneath contempt I always wonder why football players insist on going out on the piss in a city they play in. The abuse is wrong but It's inevitable.

Surely they've all got the money to afford to go down to Newcastle or somewhere for a team night out.

Anyway if this is true hope the culprit is caught and Deegan makes a swift recovery.

s.a.m
08-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Whilst an unprovoked attack is beneath contempt I always wonder why football players insist on going out on the piss in a city they play in. The abuse is wrong but It's inevitable.

Surely they've all got the money to afford to go down to Newcastle or somewhere for a team night out.

Anyway if this is true hope the culprit is caught and Deegan makes a swift recovery.

I was thinking this myself. It's clearly a nuisance, but they have to know that they're going to draw braindead a*******s, like moths to a flame. And braindead a********s looking for a fight are going to know exactly where to go to find them.

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Tend to agree. No one would know who they were in Newcastle or Glasgow for that matter.

H18sry
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Griffiths just tweeted that this is true and Deegan is having an op today

https://twitter.com/LeighG28 Did he? :confused:

staunchhibby
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I take objection to the phrase West Lothian slums.I stay in West lothian and have supported Hibs throughout my life

lugz
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
https://twitter.com/LeighG28 Did he? :confused:

He did as it was me he tweeted, it appears he has since deleted it.
Maybe asked by the club as the police are investigating (if the Scotsman article is about Deegan)

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
He did as it was me he tweeted, it appears he has since deleted it.
Maybe asked by the club as the police are investigating (if the Scotsman article is about Deegan)

Yes it is

lugz
08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes it is

Hope whoever done it then is caught and charged. Unbelievable how many idiots there are up town.

Leishy1995
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Only Hibs could have this happen.

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Or some Sevco bigot. We should drive them out the town to their West Lothian slums! :aok:

Bit random that comment from someone from the glitzy metropolis of Falkirk. :greengrin

Hibercelona
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
No doubt some Hearts bigot.

What a sick bunch of inbreds they are.

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I take objection to the phrase West Lothian slums.I stay in West lothian and have supported Hibs throughout my life

Agree seems a bit of a random comment.

hibee
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Could this be the incident?

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/police-appeal-after-man-assaulted-in-the-street-1-2565522

Seen this on twitter too:

http://www.lbp.police.uk/information/latest_news/news_archives/2012/october_2012/serious_assault_edinburgh.aspx

Squealing pig
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Thugs

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Obviously a hearts fan who overdone it on the white lightening and is angry at how ***** his team are this season. People like that should be banned from drinking alcohol and going out in public

danhibees1875
08-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Well done to him for not getting involved though.

I'm also surprised they recognised him, he's only played a handful of games and not in the one v them - I wouldn't recognise most of their lot if I walked past them soberly, never mind at 3am.

cocopops1875
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM

Really ?

Peevemor
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

I'm also surprised they recognised him, he's only played a handful of games and not in the one v them - I wouldn't recognise most of their lot if I walked past them soberly, never mind at 3am.

If somebody breaks your jaw with their first swing, "getting involved" isn't really an option.

cocopops1875
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM

pretty sure he did play against them (could have been sent off) but agree not sure I would pick him out on a night in town

Elephant Stone
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone know how long he's likely to be out for?

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah he did play against them, a jam mate of mine hates him with a passion claiming that he is one of the dirtiest players he has seen after one tackle on tempilton (they have very short memories the jams)

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone know how long he's likely to be out for?

Probably about 6 weeks.

--------
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I take objection to the phrase West Lothian slums.I stay in West Lothian and have supported Hibs throughout my life

:agree:

Some people say the same sort of thing about Airdrie - blanket generalisations about the area I live and work in, and an insult to the friends I have here.

People who follow Hibs should know better.

Part/Time Supporter
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Probably about 6 weeks.

Depends how bad the break is. Gary Cahill missed the Euros due to a broken jaw suffered in a pre-tournament friendly about 7-10 days before it started.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Some people say the same sort of thing about Airdrie - blanket generalisations about the area I live and work in, and an insult to the friends I have here.

People who follow Hibs should know better.

Sorry to disappoint you but all sorts of people follow Hibs and they're not all good who would know better. You shouldn't make blanket generalisations about Hibs fans either!

HH81
Probably about 6 weeks.

What? Rugby league players play on with a broken jaw.

Play him at Ross County.

Monts
Yes it is

Im not being funny, but do you not think there is a reason they havent named him?

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Im not being funny, but do you not think there is a reason they havent named him?

There are reports of violence every day in newspapers when the victim is not named, do you think he should be named because of who he is?

500miles
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM

You move to Edinburgh, its a nice city, with some nice night spots. You should be able to go out into town without hassle. Just jail these violent ********s, they're obviously a danger to the public.

We're Hibs, no the bigot bros, the Edinburgh clubs are supposed to be better than that. Our players don't sign up expecting to become targets.

Monts
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
There are reports of violence every day in newspapers when the victim is not named, do you think he should be named because of who he is?

No. Im saying there is a reason people arent named in these types of incidents, and that people should probably consider that before putting it on the internet.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
No. Im saying there is a reason people arent named in these types of incidents, and that people should probably consider that before putting it on the internet.

Ah.......wrong end of stick from me.

Monts
08-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Ah.......wrong end of stick from me.

:aok:

Hibs7
08-10-2012, 01:42 PM
George St, where are all the cameras, absolute disgrace you cannot go out without some ****bag being an @rse, hope he gets caught and we all get to know who he is, time these animals were put down, no use to society.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
George St, where are all the cameras, absolute disgrace you cannot go out without some ****bag being an @rse, hope he gets caught and we all get to know who he is, time these animals were put down, no use to society.

I hope he gets caught as well, unfortunately camera's don't prevent assaults or any other crime for that matter as they have no deterrent factor what so ever. Thousands of people are caught on camera every year committing all sorts of crimes but unless they can be identified then the evidence is useless.

CraigHibee
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
George street... fastly becoming the "New Lothian Road"

haagsehibby
08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
What? Rugby league players play on with a broken jaw.

Play him at Ross County.

Never mind a broken jaw.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/9592793/Warringtons-Paul-Wood-loses-testicle-after-injury-in-Grand-Final-defeat-by-Leeds.html

mikethehibee69
08-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Eh where the **** do u get West Lothian slums from!!!!!!!!! I live in Livingston as I can't afford a 3 bedroom detached house in Edinburgh, I don't know if this a wind up, but I have taken exception to this post, I apologise to u living in your palace, please forgive this outburst from the slum:wink:

s.a.m
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM

I posted the original link, and I don't think so. It reads like a standard police report of an incident. I'm assuming the Evening News have just taken their story from the police press release, and either don't know who it is, or haven't been able to confirm it with Hibs. I know what you're saying, but I don't think there's anything unusual about the victim not being named.

Edit: it's entirely possible that it's not him, and it's another 25 year old whose jaw has been broken by a wido on George St.:greengrin

Monts
08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I posted the original link, and I don't think so. It reads like a standard police report of an incident. I'm assuming the Evening News have just taken their story from the police press release, and either don't know who it is, or haven't been able to confirm it with Hibs. I know what you're saying, but I don't think there's anything unusual about the victim not being named.

As posted above im not saying the reason is hibs related. As you have said, the victim isnt normally named, and there is a reason for it.

s.a.m
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
As posted above im not saying the reason is hibs related. As you have said, the victim isnt normally named, and there is a reason for it.

The reason is because they don't routinely name victims, presumably for reasons of privacy. In the case of Deegan (assuming it's him), it will be impossible to maintain any sort of privacy. The information will be in the public domain, because Hibs* will be required to comment on their player's injury, and there will be some media coverage of the incident. I'm guessing he would have been linked to the incident in the article, if the EN had had the info / had it confirmed.

* ....and Hibs will probably want it to be reported - this doesn't appear to be another "wasted Hibs' star embarasses himself and club in nightclub shocker" story, and he appears to be an innocent victim of a violent assault.

Kato
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Only you could post such rubbish.

steviehibsleith
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Hope he makes a quick recovery as hes part of a steady midfield and sounds unprovoked.

Agree with what was said earlier that if football players if drink in the city where thier club is based they should be more carefull, its a sad fact oppsite factions under the influence may cause a problem. Its nothing new and goes on everywhere. Darren Mcormack did the same to Callum Elliott and think it was same place.

StevieC
08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I hope he gets caught as well, unfortunately camera's don't prevent assaults or any other crime for that matter as they have no deterrent factor what so ever. Thousands of people are caught on camera every year committing all sorts of crimes but unless they can be identified then the evidence is useless.

I totally disagree.

Area's covered by CCTV, whilst not crime free, have significantly less incidents than similar area's without. It might not stop a boozed up thug doing something stupid but there is a strong chance that it will make quite a few think twice and, if not, those that don't are caught bang to rights.

If you compare crime figures in Rose Street/West End/Lothian Road nowadays, to what it was like back in the 80's (before CCTV), I'm pretty sure that these days it will be a much safer place to be.

Part/Time Supporter
08-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Now being reported by Brian McLauchlin. Deegan out for "a number of weeks".

Golden Bear
08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Now being reported by Brian McLauchlin. Deegan out for "a number of weeks".

Just *loody typical!

I really hope he makes a quick recovery and his self confidence has not been dented.

Opportunity knocks for Tom Taiwo or Lewis Stevenson but I really think we'll miss Deegan's influence on the park. He's a talker and seems to read the game well and I'm not sure if we have a ready made replacement.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Just *loody typical!

I really hope he makes a quick recovery and his self confidence has not been dented.

Opportunity knocks for Tom Taiwo or Lewis Stevenson but I really think we'll miss Deegan's influence on the park. He's a talker and seems to read the game well and I'm not sure if we have a ready made replacement.
Deegan has class. the sort of class we have been lacking in for 3-4 seasons. Deegan is our only midfeilder who is up for putting in a strong challenge. Risky challenges but he has perfected them to get the ball. i think if he went to the training grounds while injured and helped the youth academy with their challenging we may have a few decent centre halfs and centre mids in years to come. GGTTH

Pretty Boy
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Hopefully a couple of bounce games and under 20 games for Taiwo to be involved in over the next couple of weeks to get him up to speed.

Spike Mandela
08-10-2012, 04:22 PM
It's bad enough to lose a player to a sporting injury but bloody annoying to lose an in form player to a situation like this. Extremely disappointing for Deegan as well I am sure.

Johnny0762
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Just *loody typical!

Deegan has been poor the last few matches.

YehButNoBut
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Story now on STV site

Hibernian midfielder Gary Deegan's jaw broken in nightclub attack

Hibernian midfielder Gary Deegan had his jaw broken in an unprovoked attack outside an Edinburgh nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The 25-year-old Irishman had just left Le Monde nightclub and was standing near the Hard Rock Cafe at 3am when another man confronted him and punched him in the face before running off.

Mr Deegan and his friends made their way down George Street but an ambulance, which shocked bystanders had called, found the group in Rose Street and the footballer was taken to hospital for treatment.

Detective Constable Graham McIlwraith said: "We are currently still trying to determine the full circumstances surrounding this attack.

"Given the time at which this incident took place, there were potentially a number of people leaving the various establishments in George Street who may have seen something suspicious.

"Anyone who witnessed the assault or who can help identify the male responsible is asked to contact police immediately."

Mr Deegan's attacker is described as white, over 6ft tall, between 20 and 25-years-old with a slim build and short, fair hair which was spiked at the front. He was wearing a checked shirt, dark skinny jeans and dark shoes.

He is thought to have been with another man of a similar age who was shorter and wearing a T-shirt with light-coloured stripes, blue jeans and white trainers.

Anyone with any information about the attack should contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/193932-hibernian-midfielder-gary-deegans-jaw-broken-in-nightclub-attack/

joe_hfc
08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Could this be the guy? Right height and age. :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/c1/11/0,,10289~11211201,00.jpg

And he's known to keep bad company.

Is he? I know Mark Ridgers. Soft as ****, and not at all wide.

EdinMike
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I may or may not (I do) Work for Le Monde, however was not present on Saturday night, Have been in touch with our Bouncers and they have given complete and full statements with very detailed descriptions. Apparently the pair were refused entry at 2:10am for "Looking like a bunch of jakeys" to quote.

It's sad and pathetic that Hearts fans, and lets assume it was a ****bo, have to sink so low because we're doing better than them. that's all it is really, jealousy. Pathetic.

Hope Deegan recovers quickly, luckily in a way we have a two week break.

Not in a smarmy way but genuinly, When was the last time a Hearts player was assualted by a Hibs fan ?!

HTD1875
08-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Unbelivable hope he gets a speedy recovery, he's an important part of the midfield.

macca70
08-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I may or may not (I do) Work for Le Monde, however was not present on Saturday night, Have been in touch with our Bouncers and they have given complete and full statements with very detailed descriptions. Apparently the pair were refused entry at 2:10am for "Looking like a bunch of jakeys" to quote.

It's sad and pathetic that Hearts fans, and lets assume it was a ****bo, have to sink so low because we're doing better than them. that's all it is really, jealousy. Pathetic.

They will definitely catch him, there will be CCTV from wherever he came from or whatever direction he went in, the descriptions seem quite detailed and they will know where they had been drinking.

Wotherspiniesta
08-10-2012, 05:34 PM

Not in a smarmy way but genuinly, When was the last time a Hearts player was assualted by a Hibs fan ?!

Was Callum Elliot not skelped by Darren McCormack? Not that injuring Elliot would do any harm to Hearts chances mind you.

Did the bouncers see the whole incident? Did they have a confrontation with Deegs or was he just pillared for being Gary Deegan?

Hibs7
08-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Thugs like this will never benefit society, a lethal injection will save us all a lot of bother and costs to keep these idiots in jail.

Haymaker
08-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Was it not Calum Elliot..?

--------
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Thugs like this will never benefit society, a lethal injection will save us all a lot of bother and costs to keep these idiots in jail.

The death penalty for a street assault? :rolleyes:

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 05:42 PM

For hearts fans only ;-)

RIP
08-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Smells fishy. Hibs players openly seen in club. I bet the mobile phones and texts were going ten to the dozen. Then 2 dodgy looking characters turn up after 2am trying to get in. They wait around for an hour until 3am then attack a Hibs player.

Doesn't seem random at all unless he was mistaken for a bouncer

EdinMike
08-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Was Callum Elliot not skelped by Darren McCormack? Not that injuring Elliot would do any harm to Hearts chances mind you.

Did the bouncers see the whole incident? Did they have a confrontation with Deegs or was he just pillared for being Gary Deegan?

They didn't see the incident no, was over in seconds apparently. A Hit n' Run so to speak. The bouncers between 3am and 3:20 normally operate in 3 groups a few inside clearing (from Shanghai) a few clearing the complex vicinity outside and some organise transport and queues.

Because it was outside Hard Rock none where present but one or two saw the lads running and recognised them from earlier. Our CCTV has them approaching the top of Shanghai stairs so I can assure we have a faint image of them.

There weren't any confrontation between staff and the Hibs boys, a few of them visit most saturdays (not even drinking most weeks) so we get along well with them. Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon, wish I was working that night would have chased them all the way back to Gorgie :wink:

hibbysam
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Smells fishy. Hibs players openly seen in club. I bet the mobile phones and texts were going ten to the dozen. Then 2 dodgy looking characters turn up after 2am trying to get in. They wait around for an hour until 3am then attack a Hibs player.

Doesn't seem random at all unless he was mistaken for a bouncer

Was with one of my hearts mates all Saturday night.. His auld man phoned saying he was in Le Monde and the hibs team had just walked in.. Apparently extremely talkative and got on very well.. also said there hadn't been any trouble but obviously phones would have been going and all it takes is one person to pretend to be the hard man.. the "look at me im going to make a name for myself and attack one of them".. Seems like Deegs was unlucky in the fact that it was he who left the club on his own..

Hibs7
08-10-2012, 05:59 PM

That is only the start with these idiots, it could have been someone else with a condition which could have killed him if he was hit, idiots like that are never going to be anything else. Sorry but this country needs to.come down on this sort of thing very heavily, yes the death penalty is a bit steep but you get my drift.;-)

FranckSuzy
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
That is only the start with these idiots, it could have been someone else with a condition which could have killed him if he was hit, idiots like that are never going to be anything else. Sorry but this country needs to.come down on this sort of thing very heavily, yes the death penalty is a bit steep but you get my drift.;-)

Or, all you need to do is fall heavily, hit your head and then they're looking at a potential murder charge.

Greendub
08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
**** is too nice a word.

HH81
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Or, all you need to do is fall heavily, hit your head and then they're looking at a potential murder charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-16222628

This is my mate, almost died and was in coma for while. All it took was one punch. Wheelchair for life, so sad.

#FromTheCapital
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM

There was a discussion about this on radio 2 a few weeks ago, I was shocked at the number of incidents where people have died or had their lives ruined by one punch.

Haymaker
08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
My housemate broke his jaw last week, only on the one side though but if Deegs has broken it then he will be out for quite a while - My mate was wired up, has a steel plate in his jaw and un able to eat solid food still. In just a week his weight has dropped considerably.

If Deegs has cracked both sides (which is common if the blow was struck "properly" according the the Doctor!) then he will be wired shut for several weeks!

Just Alf
08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Welcome to Edinburgh :-(

totalfootball
08-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Could this be the guy? Right height and age. :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/c1/11/0,,10289~11211201,00.jpg

And he's known to keep bad company.

Regardless if your joking or not.... Mark Ridgers is a friend of mine who I've known for a good while and he is not a trouble maker or does he keep bad company. He's been in a relationship with the same lassie for years and is very settled in his personal life and works hard at his game. So please don't write pish like this about young lad which couldn't be further from the truth. Hearts player or not he doesn't crap like this on a football forum

macca70
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Regardless if your joking or not.... Mark Ridgers is a friend of mine who I've known for a good while and he is not a trouble maker or does he keep bad company. He's been in a relationship with the same lassie for years and is very settled in his personal life and works hard at his game. So please don't write pish like this about young lad which couldn't be further from the truth. Hearts player or not he doesn't crap like this on a football forum

Lol, hook, line and sinker.

Clearly someone has found the best match for the description from the hearts player profile pics and put it up. Hardly making out that this is the culprit, lighten up, it was clearly a bit banter to take the edge off a very serious incident.

weecounty hibby
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM
My housemate broke his jaw last week, only on the one side though but if Deegs has broken it then he will be out for quite a while - My mate was wired up, has a steel plate in his jaw and un able to eat solid food still. In just a week his weight has dropped considerably.

If Deegs has cracked both sides (which is common if the blow was struck "properly" according the the Doctor!) then he will be wired shut for several weeks!

Not true. I broke my jaw playing rugby about eight years ago. Broken in two places and the consultant in maxiofacial injuries said that happens in pretty much every case. Anyway, two titanium plates and eight screws were fitted, no wiring shut as this is uncommon nowadays as well. It is easier for all concerned to get the plates fitted, quicker recovery, lets you eat soft foods and I was eating properly again in about fourteen days. Played rugby again about six weeks later. I'm sure the medical staff at ER will be able to keep his weight and fitness at the correct levels so hopefully two week international break and only a couple of weeks on top of that

All the best Deegs and I hope whoever did this gets caught and ends up jailed.

MSK
08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Regardless if your joking or not.... Mark Ridgers is a friend of mine who I've known for a good while and he is not a trouble maker or does he keep bad company. He's been in a relationship with the same lassie for years and is very settled in his personal life and works hard at his game. So please don't write pish like this about young lad which couldn't be further from the truth. Hearts player or not he doesn't crap like this on a football forumGet off yer hight horse man ..it was meant & seen as a joke ...I would also say the reference to "bad company" prob meant the hearts team ..:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
I totally disagree.

Area's covered by CCTV, whilst not crime free, have significantly less incidents than similar area's without. It might not stop a boozed up thug doing something stupid but there is a strong chance that it will make quite a few think twice and, if not, those that don't are caught bang to rights.

If you compare crime figures in Rose Street/West End/Lothian Road nowadays, to what it was like back in the 80's (before CCTV), I'm pretty sure that these days it will be a much safer place to be.

For a start Rose Street never had any cameras up until 2005, I'm not even sure what coverage it has now TBH. Not sure about crime figures for Lothian Road but I would like to see them. I will endeavour to get some facts and figures, though I am still waiting to get some figures for another project to measure the success of the new licensing laws in relation to preventing crime and disorder which is one of the licensing objectives.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2012, 07:04 PM

I like your sense of loyalty to your mate, but take it easy.

It was a joke, hence the grinning smiley.

And the remark about him keeping bad company refers to his Hearts team mates.

Most everyone on this forum would think that was particularly bad company, if not the very worst kind!

Haymaker
08-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Not true. I broke my jaw playing rugby about eight years ago. Broken in two places and the consultant in maxiofacial injuries said that happens in pretty much every case. Anyway, two titanium plates and eight screws were fitted, no wiring shut as this is uncommon nowadays as well. It is easier for all concerned to get the plates fitted, quicker recovery, lets you eat soft foods and I was eating properly again in about fourteen days. Played rugby again about six weeks later. I'm sure the medical staff at ER will be able to keep his weight and fitness at the correct levels so hopefully two week international break and only a couple of weeks on top of that

All the best Deegs and I hope whoever did this gets caught and ends up jailed.

100% wired his mouth shut last Sunday - maybe they do things differently here in the states but his mouth was wired, had to cut them off on Saturday because he couldnt breathe properly during the night. Had some tube attached to syringe he had to squeeze between his teeth to eat soup with, been a nasty week! Is going to cost him the best part of $30,000 apparently too :dizzy:

HH81
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
100% wired his mouth shut last Sunday - maybe they do things differently here in the states but his mouth was wired, had to cut them off on Saturday because he couldnt breathe properly during the night. Had some tube attached to syringe he had to squeeze between his teeth to eat soup with, been a nasty week! Is going to cost him the best part of $30,000 apparently too :dizzy:

Dont they have insurance for that kind of thing over there?

Haymaker
08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Dont they have insurance for that kind of thing over there?

Aye, you get billed and then you have to argue with the insurance company to get the money from the looks of things. The insurance company is claiming he cant claim for some reason, makes you wonder what the point of paying for it is!

Last year a guy was quoted $75,000 for an operation and was told to pay it then claim it back from the insurance.

shetlandhibee
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
deegan it a fantastic player he protects claros so he can use his passing game:top marks

Hibs Class
08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Deegan has been poor the last few matches.

Attention seeking again, John? He has tired in the latter stages but we're a better team with him in the side.

VickMackie
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-16222628

This is my mate, almost died and was in coma for while. All it took was one punch. Wheelchair for life, so sad.

Sad to read that. Send your mate my best wishes.

Did he manage to walk again and did they ever catch the thugs? I read at the bottom of the article that no one was caught at that time (Dec 2011)

monktonharp
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM

People who follow Hibs should know better.:agree:also about your next door neighnjbours, Coatbridge, some good folk there, mates there too, although it is the buckfast capital of europe:wink:

SMAXXA
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Attention seeking again, John? He has tired in the latter stages but we're a better team with him in the side.

Totally agree have looked a much better team with him in it and I have been pleased with him so far. I do agree with Johnny though he has been poor the last 2-3 games IMO. Still weve only lost 2 games all season so I will take that, players will go through spells when they are off the boil and as long as we dont have 3,4 or 5 off the boil at once ala Aberdeen game we should be fine.

Wish you a speedy recovbery Deegs.

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Just out of curiosity. If you are from the states how did you find the pathway of our glorious football club?

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2012, 07:34 PM

wow, just wow !!

Johnny0762
08-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Attention seeking? Have a word, eh!

Was he tired in the first half on Saturday when he kept wasting possession?

Or, were we watching different matches?

HNA6
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM

Or, were we watching different matches?Right, this aint turning into another Johnny0762 v others thread .. so I will nip it in the bud right now ..

Back on topic please ..

SMAXXA
08-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Right, this aint turning into another Johnny0762 v others thread .. so I will nip it in the bud right now ..

Back on topic please ..

http://www.electricteacher.com/images/ooh-matron-with-text.gif:greengrin

Sparky9
08-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Deegan has been a bit slow and tired the past 2-3 home games since i don't usually go to away games. he is still the only midfeilder we have who wants to put in a strong challenge and is fearless all round tough guy. Its what we need bossing our midfeild if he had a bit pace and better shooting hed be the sort of midfeilder we have been crying out for the past few seasons. When we had s-hite centre mids/defensive mids we were moaning now when we get good players fearless and got class they get their f****** jaw broken!!

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Right, this aint turning into another Johnny0762 v others thread .. so I will nip it in the bud right now ..

Back on topic please ..

Indeed.

I reckon those posters who were quick to ..........

1) Rubbish the OP

2) Allege the players were all drunk

and

3) Insult every single West Lothian resident (including my Broxburn based brother and his family)

... should maybe think about apologising.

As to the attack on Deegs it is important to bear in mind that L&B's finest have described it as an 'unprovoked attack.' No blame apportioned on Deegs and so he will not be joining the list of other Hibs players who've had George Street 'moments.'

When will he be back ... soon I hope because despite the views of some, well one really, he has been playing very well for Hibs.

Last wee thought - did a lassie hockey player no break her jaw in the Olympics but returned to play the next game? :wink: :greengrin

HNA6
08-10-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.electricteacher.com/images/ooh-matron-with-text.gif:greengrinOi ..thats well off topic ...:tsk tsk: .....:greengrin

HH81
08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Sad to read that. Send your mate my best wishes.

Did he manage to walk again and did they ever catch the thugs? I read at the bottom of the article that no one was caught at that time (Dec 2011)

No still not walking and dont think he ever will.

Also no one has ever admitted it, it was caught on cctv but not clear enough and they still walk free to this day. Dave's life it messed up, nightmare.

HNA6
08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Indeed.

1) Rubbish the OP

and

3) Insult every single West Lothian resident (including my Broxburn based brother and his family)

As to the attack on Deegs it is important to bear in mind that L&B's finest have described it as an 'unprovoked attack.' No blame apportioned on Deegs and so he will not be joining the list of other Hibs players who've had George Street 'moments.'

When will he be back ... soon I hope because despite the views of some, well one really, he has been playing very well for Hibs.

Last wee thought - did a lassie hockey player no break her jaw in the Olympics but returned to play the next game? :wink: :greengrinAye but she can wear a helmet John ..cannae see Deegan running aboot the pitch wi a helmet on !!! :greengrin

totalfootball
08-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I like your sense of loyalty to your mate, but take it easy.

It was a joke, hence the grinning smiley.

And the remark about him keeping bad company refers to his Hearts team mates.
Most everyone on this forum would think that was particularly bad company, if not the very worst kind!

Aye fair enough I probably did get a bit excited there! Haha! But was just defending a pal which I'm sure anyone else would do! More to the point it's absolutely disgusting people going round shelling footballers on the sky to be some kind of hard man, bit lime the Danny Swanson incident a few years ago. Hope deegan recovers quickly he's been a very good signing for us

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Aye but she can wear a helmet John ..cannae see Deegan running aboot the pitch wi a helmet on !!! :greengrin

True although Petr Cech looks rather natty in a Dashing Bob kinda way :greengrin

Anyway, as long as he's back to face the helmets at New Year :greengrin

Haymaker
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Just out of curiosity. If you are from the states how did you find the pathway of our glorious football club?

I moved here with work, family are all musselburgh.

Falkirk Hibby
08-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Will you stop upsetting people with comments like this, especially with that username.....and I take it you walk around Falkirk with your eyes closed? :slipper:

SMAXXA
08-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Aye but she can wear a helmet John ..cannae see Deegan running aboot the pitch wi a helmet on !!! :greengrin

Could he no wear one of those phantom of the opera masks you see folk wearing or is that for broken cheek bones? :greengrin

Genuinley though im surprised he didnt try to run after the boy as he does seem a bit radge, im sure he probs wouldnt have realised the seriousness of it at the time when adreniline kicks in (I got 2 of my teeth knocked out a few years back and didnt feel a thing).

Totally gutting for the guy though, just our luck when things seem to be going well for us.

MSK
08-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Could he no wear one of those phantom of the opera masks you see folk wearing or is that for broken cheek bones? :greengrin

Genuinley though im surprised he didnt try to run after the boy as he does seem a bit radge, im sure he probs wouldnt have realised the seriousness of it at the time when adreniline kicks in (I got 2 of my teeth knocked out a few years back and didnt feel a thing).

Totally gutting for the guy though, just our luck when things seem to be going well for us.Think thats for cheek bones ..:greengrin ..think the last thing Deegan will be thinking about right now is footie ..will prob be a complete heal before he is near a park again ..heres hoping it aint a complicated break & he is back playing soon ...:agree:

Hibs Class
08-10-2012, 08:04 PM

Back on topic please ..

You're right. My post was unnecessarily antagonistic - I'm sorry.

MSK
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
True although Petr Cech looks rather natty in a Dashing Bob kinda way :greengrin

Anyway, as long as he's back to face the helmets at New Year :greengrinCech still wears that lid doesnt he ...wasnt the injury in or around 2005 ?

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Cech still wears that lid doesnt he ...wasnt the injury in or around 2005 ?

He does aye but I'm convinced it's more a psychological thing with him these days

MSK
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
He does aye but I'm convinced it's more a psychological thing with him these daysUltra cautious John ..quite right too ...:agree:

macca70
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Totally gutting for the guy though, just our luck when things seem to be going well for us.

The fact he was in Rose St when the Ambulance picked him up, I would reckon he probably did go after the guy. Even the most level headed nicest mannered guy isn't just going to take that unprovoked and not make some effort to go after the guy.

He must have taken a fair dunt though so probably by the time Deegan realised what had happened the coward was probably well away.

SneakersO'Toole
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Gutted by this and is just another example of the level to which our society has fallen.

On the plus aide, I have no doubt Deegs will be back playing soon and be the most fired up player on the park on Jan 2nd. Come back strong and show these morons who's boss then.

stu in nottingham
08-10-2012, 08:34 PM

Happened here in Nottingham outside a pub. The accused, who threw just one punch, causing a man to fall and hit his head on the pavement, was given a three-year prison sentence of manslaughter after the victim died nine days later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057717/Teenage-thug-gets-years-prison-killing-paramedic-unprovoked-attack.html

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2012, 08:43 PM
So viva do you think I've just made this up off the top of my head??? Guess we will see because I'm sure if this has happened it won't stay quiet for long.

Fair dos you posted in all sincerity and I therefore apologise for my flippant retort which was more in hope. As an act of Hibbyness I have donated £10 to the Dnipro appeal.

Ggtth! Viva

silverhibee
08-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Fair dos you posted in all sincerity and I therefore apologise for my flippant retort which was more in hope. As an act of Hibbyness I have donated £10 to the Dnipro appeal.

Ggtth! Viva

Hibs Class. :aok:

Johnny0762
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Totally agree have looked a much better team with him in it and I have been pleased with him so far. I do agree with Johnny though he has been poor the last 2-3 games IMO. Still weve only lost 2 games all season so I will take that, players will go through spells when they are off the boil and as long as we dont have 3,4 or 5 off the boil at once ala Aberdeen game we should be fine.

Wish you a speedy recovbery Deegs.

You would think I had posted something awfully untrue about the guy with the criticism I get. That's all I was saying also, that his recent run of form has been poor and with Pat now having the luxury of options, I think Deegan may have been sacrificed for the Ross Co game.

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
What a poor show at writing an accurate headline for this story on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19878773

It seems he was attacked and as a result decided to break his jaw!

silverhibee
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
You would think I had posted something awfully untrue about the guy with the criticism I get. That's all I was saying also, that his recent run of form has been poor and with Pat now having the luxury of options, I think Deegan may have been sacrificed for the Ross Co game.

The thread has nothing to do with how he is playing, the guy has just had his jaw broken and you say something like that, a strange thing to say when the thread is about him being attacked.

scoopyboy
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know how the op went?

VickMackie
08-10-2012, 09:33 PM
No still not walking and dont think he ever will.

Also no one has ever admitted it, it was caught on cctv but not clear enough and they still walk free to this day. Dave's life it messed up, nightmare.

Not good. Hope he's still fighting and trying to keep a positive outlook but it must be hard.

tamig
08-10-2012, 09:41 PM

I agree with your sentiments and think it would save the country a load of cash and bother. How many times do you read about repeat offenders getting out then doing the same crime they were originally banged up for? No chance of rehabilitation for quite a few of them. Waste of effort and cash not to mention the high risk to the general public on their rare sorties outside the walls.

However, I do think it's a bit strong in this case - unless of course the person responsible is one of said serial offenders.

edinburghhibee
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM

Ggtth! Viva

Fair play to you viva apology accepted, no harms been done and some good has come of it in terms of the charity getting a wee top up!

basehibby
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
What a pure nightmare for Deegs - here's to a quick recovery for him and hoping that the Jakey Yam fud that did it is aprehended and afforded some free B&B at her majesty's pleasure - I hope that Deegan and his teammates can use this incident as extra motivation to give the Yams a proper skelping at the earliest opportunity!

Viva_Palmeiras
09-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Fair play to you viva apology accepted, no harms been done and some good has come of it in terms of the charity getting a wee top up!

Nice one!

Ggtth

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 06:46 AM

Remarkable deduction, Holmes.

Care to explain how you arrived at this.

Indeed.

If you look on Twitter you can see that (a) McPake had a sore head and was making comments like "never again", and (b) that Griffiths was home by midnight and fell asleep on his toilet. Griffiths' early night was apparently caused by too many "bombs" which I'd assume means Jagerbombs. Considering that sort of thing was going on at midnight, is it not fair to assume that by 3am a few of them might've been 'steaming'?

This is not in any way blaming Deegan for what certainly sounds like an unprovoked attack by some eejit incidentally. However, he was there, and this big night out has ended with one of our important players getting a broken jaw and being out for weeks. When you go out on the bevvy, surrounded by hundreds / thousands of other drunk people, you run the risk of this happening. If you're more likely to be recognised, the risk of attention (unwanted or otherwise) goes up.

heretoday
09-10-2012, 07:39 AM

Hear, Hear! These guys are either badly advised by the club i.e. stay out of the city centre pubs and clubs on weekends - or they are so unprofessional in the way they conduct themselves that they don't care. They are paid well to be athletes. That's their job. They train, eat sensibly, and mentally prepare themselves for games. They win a match - against the bottom club - and then go up town to some ghastly fleshpot and blow it all. And now we've got an important player out for weeks.

Do they not have the adult sensibility to steer clear and maintain some kind of professionalism? Is it just accepted as a given that they go out and get hammered? If so then they've no chance of winning anything and we'll soon be back to the bad days of dwindling crowds and rank performances on the park.

Rant over.

lord bunberry
09-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Hear, Hear! These guys are either badly advised by the club i.e. stay out of the city centre pubs and clubs on weekends - or they are so unprofessional in the way they conduct themselves that they don't care. They are paid well to be athletes. That's their job. They train, eat sensibly, and mentally prepare themselves for games. They win a match - against the bottom club - and then go up town to some ghastly fleshpot and blow it all.

Do they not have the adult sensibility to steer clear and maintain some kind of professionalism? Is it just accepted as a given that they go out and get hammered? If so then they've no chance of winning anything and we'll soon be back to the bad days of dwindling crowds and rank performances on the park.

Rant over.

I think that's a very harsh assessment of the situation were talking about a group of young men going out for a drink on a saturday night. I could understand your point if it was happening every week but that's not the case. A bit of team bonding can be a good thing and if other drinkers can't handle seeing them out enjoying themselves then its them who should be staying at home or drinking in newcastle

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Hear, Hear! These guys are either badly advised by the club i.e. stay out of the city centre pubs and clubs on weekends - or they are so unprofessional in the way they conduct themselves that they don't care. They are paid well to be athletes. That's their job. They train, eat sensibly, and mentally prepare themselves for games. They win a match - against the bottom club - and then go up town to some ghastly fleshpot and blow it all. And now we've got an important player out for weeks.

Rant over.
Behave yourself, the team has started the season well and don't have a game for 2 weeks, Young men go out to nightclub shock

heretoday
09-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I think that's a very harsh assessment of the situation were talking about a group of young men going out for a drink on a saturday night. I could understand your point if it was happening every week but that's not the case. A bit of team bonding can be a good thing and if other drinkers can't handle seeing them out enjoying themselves then its them who should be staying at home or drinking in newcastle

I'm sorry I'm not buying that. There are other ways to "team bond" apart from hanging about in George St clubs in the wee hours.

Saorsa
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
http://officialgoodchild.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/goody-two-vans.png

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm sorry I'm not buying that. There are other ways to "team bond" apart from hanging about in George St clubs in the wee hours.

May I ask how you get by day to day not taking any risks

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM

Rant over.

I kind of see where you're coming from, but surely you are not suggesting that footballers who are at the end of the day young men like any other should never be allowed to socialise in areas of Edinburgh that are popular to many people? I agree that they are more likely to be targetted as they are recognisable but you can't ask them to hide for the fear of meeting some drunken idiot every time they go out.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I kind of see where you're coming from, but surely you are not suggesting that footballers who are at the end of the day young men like any other should never be allowed to socialise in areas of Edinburgh that are popular to many people? I agree that they are more likely to be targetted as they are recognisable but you can't ask them to hide for the fear of meeting some drunken idiot every time they go out.

You could ask them to try and get home before the pubs empty at 3am though, when most of the trouble is.

Part/Time Supporter
09-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I wonder what our puritanical friends make of Bayern Munich players going out on the piss this weekend.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bayern+munich+oktoberfest&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8d9zUKHqIoKEhQfskIGQCQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=638

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 08:27 AM
You could ask them to try and get home before the pubs empty at 3am though, when most of the trouble is.

So we impose a curfew on them?

Broken Gnome
09-10-2012, 08:30 AM

To be honest, most British clubs would probably disagree?

The 'Hibs' problem stems from these nights becoming newsworthy, rightly or wrongly. Same with Hearts players caught with drugs in Cavendish toilets, or Goodwillie's fight in Glasgow. Same as countless Premiership footballers that are pictured out on a Saturday night. Our problem was the frequency in which Hibs players attracted media attention, but if they were to not have what is effectively a work night out then they'd be very different to other teams. Which is a bit unrealistic.

And broken jaws aside, if they're on enough of a high after a good win that they want to celebrate, and it doesn't embarrass the club or break curfew, let them. Any other team would.

weecounty hibby
09-10-2012, 08:31 AM

Didnt mean it to sound like i didnt believe you. It was more the bit that you thought Deegan may need his jaw wired. It may well be different over there. Good old NHS!!!!!!!!!

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:35 AM
So we impose a curfew on them?

Rather, ask them to use common sense. Get home at 2am - 2:30am before the pissheads spill out of all the other clubs, easy.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I wonder what our puritanical friends make of Bayern Munich players going out on the piss this weekend.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bayern+munich+oktoberfest&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8d9zUKHqIoKEhQfskIGQCQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=638

So we're comparing ourselves the the Champions League runners up now? Every picture there appears to be in daylight as well interestingly. Did anyone end up with a broken jaw?

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Rather, ask them to use common sense. Get home at 2am - 2:30am before the pissheads spill out of all the other clubs, easy.

I've seen plenty of idiots spoiling for trouble up town at all times of the night, 2am -2.30 or 3am I can't see it making much difference to be honest.

I suggest in bed by 9pm would be a starting point.:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
09-10-2012, 08:40 AM
So we're comparing ourselves the the Champions League runners up now? Every picture there appears to be in daylight as well interestingly. Did anyone end up with a broken jaw?

No, but your beef has always been along the lines of "you don't see top class athletes doing that". Well, you do.

Saorsa
09-10-2012, 08:43 AM

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/puritanism_tshirt-rd0856defd58b49599a2b147b14220ae2_f0cj7_512.jpg

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:43 AM
No, but your beef has always been along the lines of "you don't see top class athletes doing that". Well, you do.

So a couple of pictures of players having (1?) beer during the day at Oktoberfest (a once a year event) is the same as Hibs players being out getting pished on George St till 3am yet again? I don't think it is.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/puritanism_tshirt-rd0856defd58b49599a2b147b14220ae2_f0cj7_512.jpg

:rolleyes:

I am sure Deegan is very happy right now. Pleased as punch you might say.

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Except on this occasion it would have made no difference ;-)

Saorsa
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
So a couple of pictures of players having (1?) beer during the day at Oktoberfest (a once a year event) is the same as Hibs players being out getting pished on George St till 3am yet again? I don't think it is.how dae you ken if they had one beer or ten beers? Were you there?

You should see if these come in your size

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:47 AM
I've seen plenty of idiots spoiling for trouble up town at all times of the night, 2am -2.30 or 3am I can't see it making much difference to be honest.

I suggest in bed by 9pm would be a starting point.:greengrin

My point is trying to reduce the risk of hassle, not taking it away completely as it's impossible, apart from staying in! I am sure L&B's finest would tell you that the 3am mark is the worst for the reasons I've already explained.

9pm! I mean I'd let them stay up for Match Of The Day, but after that, it's bedtime! :greengrin

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Except on this occasion it would have made no difference ;-)

Didn't the stories say it happened at 3am?

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 08:48 AM

Could you list your health & safety approved list of team bonding activities please ?

J-C
09-10-2012, 08:50 AM
As has been said before, it might've made more sense to go out to either Glasgow or Newcastle, where they wouldn't have been known.

It is still ridiculous that a few guys can't go out on the town in Edinburgh without some eejit attacking you.

Oh and by the way pro athletes do drink occasionally and that's the difference, it's very occasionally, not 3 x a week in some cases, so a winning team going for a good bevvy after some decent results is ok by me.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:50 AM
how dae you ken if they had one beer or ten beers? Were you there?

You should see if these come in your size

As explained just up the page, it was on Twitter as clear as day that it was no 'quiet night'. So unless 1 beer makes Griffiths be at home asleep on his toilet by midnight, then I'll be happy to assume they had a few.

Thanks for posting the t-shirt again, I'd seen it earlier. Wouldn't be very apt for me I'm afraid, despite how these views might make it appear!

Edit - you may have been talking about the Bayern team. All I am saying is there's not much evidence of much happening in those pics as they are all during the day, nobody looks pished, and nobody has ended up with broken jaws as far as I am aware. So, they may have had 10 beers, but as almost all of them are on international duty this week, I'd doubt they did.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Could you list your health & safety approved list of team bonding activities please ?

A meal with moderate alcohol? Anything where the focus isn't purely on bevvying?

Saorsa
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
As explained just up the page, it was on Twitter as clear as day that it was no 'quiet night'. So unless 1 beer makes Griffiths be at home asleep on his toilet by midnight, then I'll be happy to assume they had a few.

Thanks for posting the t-shirt again, I'd seen it earlier. Wouldn't be very apt for me I'm afraid, despite how these views might make it appear!When you said one beer you were referring tae the Germans on their day out were you not? I asked how you knew from some photos that they only had one beer and then went hame like good boys.

So you thinks it's ok tae tell other people how they should live their lives and what they should be doing then, despite doing otherwise yersel? There's a word for that.

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Didn't the stories say it happened at 3am?

But if you read the whole thread the answer is there, the boy was knocked back at 2 am

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Again, totally torn between two views here.

I don't think footballers shouldn't be allowed to go out and have a drink, but they can do it sensibly.

It's a bit naive to think they wont get any bother on George Street on a Saturday night so why book somewhere there? There are plenty of other places that they could have went and probably booked out privately into the wee small hours if they wanted team bonding.

Nowadays with social media blah blah etc, if they are seen somewhere, within minutes its on twitter/facebook and everybody knows about it. Let's face it, there are **** that will leave their house for the purpose of giving these boys grief.

If it was team bonding and they were out at 7, they didnt need to be out until 3am. Again, this is just asking for trouble. Even the nicest people turn in to thugs after a full night on the sauce.

If i'm honest they should have thought more wisely about this. By all means go for a bevy but think about it. They are pro footballers, they cant have it all ways.

Steve-O
When you said one beer you were referring tae the Germans on their day out were you not? I asked how you knew from some photos that they only had one beer.

So you thinks it's ok tae tell other people how they should live their lives and what they should be doing then, despite doing otherwise yersel? There's a word for that.

I put a '?' after the 1. That indicates I do not know. No evidence to the contrary.

If I was a professional footballer I wouldn't expect to be out getting pished. Since I am not, then it's irrelevant what I do on the weekends as (luckily) I don't need to be in peak physical condition to do what I do.

IMO, players should be bevvying in low moderation throughout the season, if they have to at all. Just my view.

JimBHibees
Nothing wrong with players having a good night out especially with not having a game for 2 weeks. It is when it becomes a weekly occurrence that the issue is. It is all about choices and professionalism and knowing when to do it and when not to. There is also the important issue of good management and also having good role models in the dressing room who can set the proper example. This sounds like wrong place and wrong time with Deegan who appears to have been on his own at the wrong time. Unfortunately these things happen and hope he isn't out for long. It provides a great opportunity for Tom Taiwo though.

StevesFamau5
9pm! I mean I'd let them stay up for Match Of The Day, but after that, it's bedtime! :greengrin

This made me laugh so hard. Do the more older players get to watch the football league show after? Or is it all in bed by half 11 :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 09:04 AM
But if you read the whole thread the answer is there, the boy was knocked back at 2 am

And Deegan was punched at 3am? Not sure if this character just hung about outside for a full hour waiting to punch Deegan when he came out? Anyway, I see what you are saying, but it still happened at 3am.

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
This made me laugh so hard. Do the more older players get to watch the football league show after? Or is it all in bed by half 11 :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No, that can be taped and watched in the morning! :agree:

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
A meal with moderate alcohol? Anything where the focus isn't purely on bevvying?

But not in George st obviously ?

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 09:08 AM
But not in George st obviously ?

Since it appears to be ned central (despite being described as 'upmarket'), then maybe not, no. As above also though, is there a need to be out for 8 hours or so?

brog
09-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Nothing wrong with players having a good night out especially with not having a game for 2 weeks. It is when it becomes a weekly occurrence that the issue is. It is all about choices and professionalism and knowing when to do it and when not to. There is also the important issue of good management and also having good role models in the dressing room who can set the proper example. This sounds like wrong place and wrong time with Deegan who appears to have been on his own at the wrong time. Unfortunately these thighs happen and hope he isn't out for long. It provides a great opportunity for Tom Taiwo though.100% Agreed - while you can try to minimise danger you can never fully eradicate it. Monica Seles was stabbed while on court!! Deek was attacked on the pitch, admittedly by Caspar!! Its ridiculous to suggest travelling to other cities & even curfews. As long as it's occasional rather than regular & the players behave I think these nights out are great for team bonding. Of course, other events, eg golf, dinner etc should also happen. The Famous 5 team, Govan & Johnstone in particular, were famous for their carousing & even recognising it was a different world then, their performances weren't too shabby!

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 09:31 AM
And Deegan was punched at 3am? Not sure if this character just hung about outside for a full hour waiting to punch Deegan when he came out? Anyway, I see what you are saying, but it still happened at 3am.

that seems to be the case, my point is anything can happen anywhere at any time. Where do you draw the line? Driving ? I've been in more car accidents than I have taken random punches, these are young guys some will be single where do single guys go to meet single girls (much more easily if you are a footballer) clubs nothings changed Russell, Brebs,Dirk,wee Tam and Matty Jack all did it too

Steve-O
09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
that seems to be the case, my point is anything can happen anywhere at any time. Where do you draw the line? Driving ? I've been in more car accidents than I have taken random punches, these are young guys some will be single where do single guys go to meet single girls (much more easily if you are a footballer) clubs nothings changed Russell, Brebs,Dirk,wee Tam and Matty Jack all did it too

And none of that lot covered themselves in glory either!

Anyway, no more arguments from me, I have said my piece on the matter.

END OF! :greengrin

Doubt it will be the end of this debate though...:greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM

You are not a target though and i am assuming not in any media spot light. The point is they could have lessened the risk by making a few changes to their night.

On another note i am certain a few of the boys out on Saturday are married with children, i reckon it was a team building thing. I wouldn't reckon trawling around george street at 3am would constitute 'meeting single ladies', its more like bottom feeding with the other Carps at that time. If it really was easier for a footballer he would have had birds around him all night and sealed the deal by 12!!!

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
You are not a target though and i am assuming not in any media spot light. The point is they could have lessened the risk by making a few changes to their night.

On another note i am certain a few of the boys out on Saturday are married with children, i reckon it was a team building thing. I wouldn't reckon trawling around george street at 3am would constitute 'meeting single ladies', its more like bottom feeding with the other Carps at that time. If it really was easier for a footballer he would have had birds around him all night and sealed the deal by 12!!!

Lessened the risk? They were on a night out with team mates in central Edinburgh not touring Helmand provence in an open top bus! Hindsight after the fact is a wonderful thing, maybe I should send the club a risk assessment template for such evenings, listing being randomly punched whilst minding your own business as a potential hazard.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Maybe you should.

My mate was glassed a few weeks ago for 'minding his own business', a totally unprovoked attack. I have been close to a few fights and i am not in the spotlight.

I have been out in a few bars in other parts of town an never had any bother. The problem is that most people going to town on a Saturday night head for George Street, not everybody can go out and enjoy a bevvy anymore.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I got pished last night and punched myself in the face.

I'm staying in from now on.

Speedway
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I got pished last night and punched myself in the face.

I'm staying in from now on.

What time was it?

aljo7-0
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
What time was it?
Time to stop drinking I would say! :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
What time was it?

6.42pm. Should have went home at 6 eh? :cb

Don Giovanni
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM

Parent?
Teacher?
Polititian?
Polis?
Celebrity?
Boss?

:dunno: :devil: :greengrin:

easty
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Lessened the risk? They were on a night out with team mates in central Edinburgh not touring Helmand provence in an open top bus! Hindsight after the fact is a wonderful thing, maybe I should send the club a risk assessment template for such evenings, listing being randomly punched whilst minding your own business as a potential hazard.

Hibs players and an open topped bus....as if...:greengrin

--------
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Get off yer hight horse man ..it was meant & seen as a joke ...I would also say the reference to "bad company" prob meant the hearts team ..:rolleyes:

I've deleted the post, with apologies.

Now if YOU delete yours?

soupy
09-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Hibs.net bonding = paintballing or gokartin, you decide, hopefully not to dangerous for. Some,,,, mind nae bevvy :-)

Saorsa
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Parent?
Teacher?
Polititian?
Polis?
Celebrity?
Boss?

:dunno: :devil: :greengrin:all good guesses, but no the word I was thinking about :greengrin mind you some/most of them are very likely also tae be this. :wink:

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Hibs.net bonding = paintballing or gokartin, you decide, hopefully not to dangerous for. Some,,,, mind nae bevvy :-)

Paintballing=Health and safety NIGHTMARE :greengrin My mate missed his whole Stag do after Breaking his ankle VERY badly at Paintball :agree:

Apocalypso
09-10-2012, 06:23 PM
So the likely recovery time will be about 6 weeks? or more?

This is most annoying. Will give Lewis Stevenson a chance to show what he has got though. :cb

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-10-2012, 06:58 PM

This is most annoying. Will give Lewis Stevenson a chance to show what he has got though. :cb

Has he not had that chance. There is a reason he wasn't on the bench, not good enough.

This thread is brutal, I don't think anyone is saying the players shouldn't be allowed a drink, just to think about where they are and what other f**s may be pished enough to give them a dig.

Wonder if everyone will demonstrate the same sarcastic response if we were to get beat in our next game with our midfield being powderpuff.....all guess work though.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM

:confused: Eh? We already know what Stevenson can do, think Taiwo might get the nod ahead of him though.

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I put a '?' after the 1. That indicates I do not know. No evidence to the contrary.

If I was a professional footballer I wouldn't expect to be out getting pished. Since I am not, then it's irrelevant what I do on the weekends as (luckily) I don't need to be in peak physical condition to do what I do.

IMO, players should be bevvying in low moderation throughout the season, if they have to at all. Just my view.

Who knows that they weren't bevvying in low moderation? There are no reports to indicate any of our players were drunk,or out of control? Yeah, ok, it was 2/3am - so what? They could have been perfectly sober for all anyone here knows. Headline should read "4 guys in 3am late night shocker after going top of the league, and having a 2 week break from competition"..........
C'mon guys, the fact they were out on the town, after a day like Saturday, is NO BIG DEAL - shouldn't the villain be the person who launched an unprovoked attack, and not a group of co-workers who were having an evening out?

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Has he not had that chance. There is a reason he wasn't on the bench, not good enough.

This thread is brutal, I don't think anyone is saying the players shouldn't be allowed a drink, just to think about where they are and what other f**s may be pished enough to give them a dig.

Wonder if everyone will demonstrate the same sarcastic response if we were to get beat in our next game with our midfield being powderpuff.....all guess work though.

See i dont disagree with the thought but realistically is there a time/place to go drinking where they are safe from some halfwit taking exception to their better looks and overall Hibs class ? Christ there are some Bams that would give them a dig Sober In ASDA (other supermarkets are available) I cant help feeling that peoples opinions on this whole matter are somewhat tainted by previous players antics and the bad name we got, On this occasion in my opinion the boys have gone out at the most appropriate time possible and have by all accounts had a good drink but were not at any point out of order/ badly behaved. This is sadly no more at the moment than a Random attack on a young guy in george st (nothing to suggest the attacker knew who Deegs was) this happens most weekends and during the week in pubs all over Edinburgh, Leith and East,West,Midlothian and for that matter any other place. I dont want us missing players but this Thread has gone way over the top :agree:

Apocalypso
09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
:confused: Eh? We already know what Stevenson can do, think Taiwo might get the nod ahead of him though.

See how young Lewis reacts to losing his place in the team, after being player of the year last year. Taiwo may be the option the gaffer goes with, and would be my choice too, but I think there is still a role for Stevenson in this squad.

NOLA
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM

bayern provide "unseen" security though, on the off chance some dik has a go at 1 of the players

Johnny0762
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Who knows that they weren't bevvying in low moderation? There are no reports to indicate any of our players were drunk,or out of control? Yeah, ok, it was 2/3am - so what? They could have been perfectly sober for all anyone here knows. Headline should read "4 guys in 3am late night shocker after going top of the league, and having a 2 week break from competition"..........
C'mon guys, the fact they were out on the town, after a day like Saturday, is NO BIG DEAL - shouldn't the villain be the person who launched an unprovoked attack, and not a group of co-workers who were having an evening out?

I think other posters have put that one to bed by posting Tweets from McPake (sore head - never again) and Griffiths who woke up in the toilet. :greengrin

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I think other posters have put that one to bed by posting Tweets from McPake (sore head - never again) and Griffiths who woke up in the toilet. :greengrin

Fair enough!!! Although, perhaps McPake clocked his head on a cupboard door, and maybe Leigh simply meant he woke up at Tynie....... :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
See how young Lewis reacts to losing his place in the team, after being player of the year last year. Taiwo may be the option the gaffer goes with, and would be my choice too, but I think there is still a role for Stevenson in this squad.

So do I, my response was alluding to the fact that he has nothing to prove as I felt the post I quoted was writing him off.

Apocalypso
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM
So do I, my response was alluding to the fact that he has nothing to prove as I felt the post I quoted was writing him off.

It was me being facetious.

How long is this broken jaw going to take to heal? Anything from 4 to 8 weeks aye? Sakes man.

jacomo
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Hallo Fräuleinen... Sorry what was your point?

:wink:

I take quite a puritanical view with professional footballers - I think they are in an incredibly privileged position and avoiding the drink seems to be a reasonable sacrifice for the rewards on offer.

However, in this context, with the team having performed well and at the start of a 2 week break, going out for a few drinks does not seem out of order. After all, plenty of the team GB Olympic heroes seemed to like a drink after their events...

Wishing Deegan a speedy recovery, and for the team's sake at least we do have cover in there.

Halifaxhibby
09-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately deegs suffered at the hands of some ****bag at the weekend, is it time for taiwo or should lewis get a chance?, didn't see enough of taiwo on saturday although he was fine when he came on. what should pat do?, lewis is a grafter, but not the most skilful but taiwo is an unknown quantity but has a lot of experience, dilemma!!

Any thoughts guys?

ggtth
fthmfc

frazeHFC
09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Taiwo

hibsbollah
09-10-2012, 09:21 PM
It'll be Taiwo. Love to see Sammy Stanton get a chance however.

Shrekko
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Taiwo looked an obvious footballer in that brief appearance on Saturday. I don't think Fenlon would have brought him in if he didn't think he was better than what we had here already. Stevenson wouldnt let us down if he came in but hes not as good as Deegan so we'd be a bit weaker IMO. Cairney could move inside as well.

hibsbollah
09-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm very happy with the start of the season, and the midfield of Cairney,Spoon,Deegan and Claros looks far better than last year. However, I still think we're missing a creative midfielder that can link with the front two. So far Cairney looks like the best candidate for this job, but losing Deegan could give Fenlon a chance to give some young players a chance.

Capt Mainwaring
09-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Taiwo for me if he's ready to start.

How about Mcgivern to midfield and put Maybury back to LB?

english_hibee
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I guess we can look at the timing as an "advantage" - 2 week break from competition to really observe the options available, so PF can see whether tom or lewis are the better option. I would say Tom, Lewis is only just back following injury, plus, Taiwo will have an opportunity as a new boy to prove himself with the chance of breaking into the starting lineup - just think he'll be more hungry for it. Just my opinion of course

Jonnyboy
09-10-2012, 10:33 PM
There's an obvious solution to the players avoiding the dangers of George Street. Let them drink in the people friendly environs of Lothian Road :wink:

jacomo
09-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately deegs suffered at the hands of some ****bag at the weekend, is it time for taiwo or should lewis get a chance?, didn't see enough of taiwo on saturday although he was fine when he came on. what should pat do?, lewis is a grafter, but not the most skilful but taiwo is an unknown quantity but has a lot of experience, dilemma!!

Any thoughts guys?

ggtth
fthmfc

Claros and Lewis in the middle didn't work before and not sure it would work now. Taiwo needs to get fit and come on for Deegan. McGivern at LB w Maybury on the bench. Why change more than we need to?

silverhibee
09-10-2012, 10:46 PM
bayern provide "unseen" security though, on the off chance some dik has a go at 1 of the players

I believe celtc also do this on players night outs.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I believe celtc also do this on players night outs.

Aye but that's to protect punters from Scotty Brown :greengrin

silverhibee
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
There's an obvious solution to the players avoiding the dangers of George Street. Let them drink in the people friendly environs of Lothian Road :wink:

:thumbsup:

Johnny0762
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I'd like to know if these late night/alcohol session violent incidents happen to footballers in other countries? Are there lessons to be learned, or is it just the way things are all over?

scoopyboy
10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Taiwo for me if he's ready to start.

How about Mcgivern to midfield and put Maybury back to LB?

Quite simply NO

happiehibbie
10-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Your having a Laugh

.Sean.
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm suprised nobody's suggested a Hibs.net night out on George Street yet.

(Disclaimer: I'll more than likely be in a sorry state come chucking out time, but that's allowed as like the players I'm allowed a mad one after a week at work)

Stevie Reid
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Disappointing to lose Deegan as he has been a good signing, though I do feel that large passages of games have passed him by recently and that Taiwo would have been breathing down his neck for a start anyway - as such, I am happy for Taiwo to come in, especially having seen him in action on Saturday. Regardless, it is frustrating to lose Deegan for so long in such a way - he is street-wise on the pitch (for want of a better expression), and really comes into his own when we are winning matches, and would have been a great option from the bench if he were to lose his place under normal circumstances.

However, we do have decent cover for such a small squad, and (regardless of how little competition he had last year) the fact that our PotY from last year can't get a game at the moment is a great sign of how were progressing. Many had written Claros off before Lewis got injured, he has since stepped in and never looked back, his form has been excellent - who's to say that Taiwo or Stevenson won't do the same now that Deegan is injured? That's what genuine competition for places is all about. Think Taiwo will be the one to step in though.

LeighLoyal
10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Taiwo has a chance to impress. It might be a better balance with Claros, who knows.

J-C
10-10-2012, 10:03 AM
If Taiwo is the tough tackling DM that we expect, hopefully it'll free up Claros to play him passing game.

JimBHibees
10-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Disappointing to lose Deegan as he has been a good signing, though I do feel that large passages of games have passed him by recently and that Taiwo would have been breathing down his neck for a start anyway - as such, I am happy for Taiwo to come in, especially having seen him in action on Saturday. Regardless, it is frustrating to lose Deegan for so long in such a way - he is street-wise on the pitch (for want of a better expression), and really comes into his own when we are winning matches, and would have been a great option from the bench if he were to lose his place under normal circumstances.

However, we do have decent cover for such a small squad, and (regardless of how little competition he had last year) the fact that our PotY from last year can't get a game at the moment is a great sign of how were progressing. Many had written Claros off before Lewis got injured, he has since stepped in and never looked back, his form has been excellent - who's to say that Taiwo or Stevenson won't do the same now that Deegan is injured? That's what genuine competition for places is all about. Think Taiwo will be the one to step in though.

Agree with all of that, as you say disappointing to lose Deegan who to me is a decent player and street wise which we so badly lacked previously however what an opportunity for Taiwo to come in and show what he can do. He will have a couple of weeks to get up to speed and really hope he hits the ground running. Looks more athletic than Deegan however probably not as wily. Genuine competition for places is a great thing to have as it drives guys on to fight for their places which to me will only benefit the team and the club.

allezsauzee
10-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't think any of us have seen enough of Taiwo to decide whether he should be in the team before Lewis. Thankfully Mr Fenlon has and I'm sure he'll make the right call.

Dinkydoo
10-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Deegan may only be out for 2 games....?

See here

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/deegan-may-miss-only-two-games-1-2566944 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/deegan-may-miss-only-two-games-1-2566944)

hibsbollah
10-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Its uncanny how much Deegan looks like that 'I Shot JR' boy from Father Ted.

silverhibee
10-10-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/deegan-may-miss-only-two-games-1-2566944

JimBHibees
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Deegan may only be out for 2 games....?

See here

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/deegan-may-miss-only-two-games-1-2566944 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/deegan-may-miss-only-two-games-1-2566944)

They did well to make a story out of that. complete guesswork.

NoTottiNoParty
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Its uncanny how much Deegan looks like that 'I Shot JR' boy from Father Ted.

:faf: Superb!

J-C
10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Bumped into a mate who works on the door at Shanghai, told me there was a wee bust up inside with young Hibs and Hearts players, which came to nothing, no senior players involved. The Hibs senior players were all good an left gradually one by one from 12am onwards, Deegan was standing outside near Hardrock in the taxi queue, about 15 ft from 2 policemen, when a random came along, punched him and ran away all in one.

He didn't know if it was footie related, just looked like a random, no reason attack, he did say Deegan is a really nice bloke, fairly well built but in general all players were in good order and just out for a good night.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Bumped into a mate who works on the door at Shanghai, told me there was a wee bust up inside with young Hibs and Hearts players, which came to nothing, no senior players involved. The Hibs senior players were all good an left gradually one by one from 12am onwards, Deegan was standing outside near Hardrock in the taxi queue, about 15 ft from 2 policemen, when a random came along, punched him and ran away all in one.

He didn't know if it was footie related, just looked like a random, no reason attack, he did say Deegan is a really nice bloke, fairly well built but in general all players were in good order and just out for a good night.

Well that blows the theory of putting himself at needless risk by being out at 3am then. The guy was stood close to two Policemen, exactly where you would feel pretty safe on a night out!

J-C
10-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Well that blows the theory of putting himself at needless risk by being out at 3am then. The guy was stood close to two Policemen, exactly where you would feel pretty safe on a night out!

Exactly, my mate said he seen it all happening as they were clearing the area around the club, be around 3.15am, totally unprovoked and random, owner of the club is seemingly a big Hibs fan, so always looks after them inside the club in a VIP area but once outside, they have no powers, up to the police then.

p.s. there's usually a big queue at that time, normally around 20-30 punters all wanting cabs, he was just one of those waiting for a taxi.

--------
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Exactly, my mate said he seen it all happening as they were clearing the area around the club, be around 3.15am, totally unprovoked and random, owner of the club is seemingly a big Hibs fan, so always looks after them inside the club in a VIP area but once outside, they have no powers, up to the police then.

p.s. there's usually a big queue at that time, normally around 20-30 punters all wanting cabs, he was just one of those waiting for a taxi.

Do I hear all those who were jumping to theworst of all possible conclusions lining up to admit they were all dead wrong?

Seems to have been an entirely sensible night out after a good win.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2012, 03:56 PM

:agree: Billy Lowe, Kenny Waugh's cousin.

Apocalypso
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Your having a Laugh

You are