MSK
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19864615

Dinkydoo
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Spoony's goal was excellent.

Teuchter Hibbie
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
my only complaint is hearing Preston screach "chaaance!" every time there's a shot

hibsbollah
07-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Williams early save was much better than I thought at the time. I think he's made at least one great save in every game he's played this season:agree:

MSK
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Williams early save was much better than I thought at the time. I think he's made at least one great save in every game he's played this season:agree:Superb save ...:agree:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Tremendous finish from Spoony, Douglas had no chance with it being so well placed. Doyle's was a cracking header as well and really well worked. :thumbsup:

leither17
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Just watched them on sportscene there and i think we were actually getting a bit of praise it looked like it hurt billy dodds to say it though

Pretty Boy
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Doyles header is even better than I originally thought.

Spoonys goal is very good and keepers just don't save penalties like Leighs.

Another pleasing thing is almost every time Dundee have the ball in those clips there's 2 Hibs players minimum hunting the ball down.

It's like night and day from last season and the pleasing thing is that there's still improvement to come.

Hibercelona
07-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Great to see Spoony scoring another great goal yesterday. If he can pull something like that out of the bag every few games, then we're laughing.

Doyle's header was also smashing, although the marking was terrible.

Williams also made a couple of important stops while the score was at 0-0, otherwise it could have turned into a completely different game, so a big well done to that man!

Twiglet
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
What's happened to the Hibs TV highlight though? They're normally up well before the BBC ones.

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Great save at 0-0 to keep us level, then we controlled the game. 3-0 is a great result and we could make so much progress from last season.

PeeJay
08-10-2012, 07:23 AM
What's happened to the Hibs TV highlight though? They're normally up well before the BBC ones.

Good question - Monday morning still nothing posted anywhere....

Hibs7
08-10-2012, 07:34 AM
As I said on another thread, good save at 0-0 by Williams, but if he had got more of a hand to it the first player to get to it would have been a Dundee player, Hibs defence don't seem to expect a rebound and we lost a goal like that already this season, player peeled off defence and nobody went with him !!!.. that will cost us goals if it is not sorted.
Apart from that, Doyle will get his hattrick, McPake will score, I thought Cairney, Wotherspoon, Williams, McGivern and Claros were excellent.

PeeJay
08-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Better teams than Dundee (i.e. most teams) will punish us for the defensive lapses - more and more impressed by Doyle, who I originally may be out of his depth in the SPL, but I was wrong: he is coming on to be a fine player for us!

--------
08-10-2012, 09:37 AM
That commentator really annoys me. He sounds about 13 years old.

"There's something different about Hibs this campaign." You think?

Terrific save by Williams, but yes, nobody followed the Dundee player when he peeled off and if Williams had got more on the ball it would almost certainly have been a goal. This isn't about Williams' - he did exceptionally well - but about defenders being aware of what's going on around them. Looks to me as if Griffiths doesn't follow one Dundee player in - he stays on the 18-yard line, which since he's the main striker is understandable - and Hanlon and McPake are daydreaming. One of them (IMO McPake) should have tracked the guy who drifted towards the far post. He had him in sight as he started to move when the ball was played in.

All three goals were very good - Wotherspoon's coming back to his best and may very well end up fulfilling his considerable potential. Cairney's a real find.

The only worry for me is that Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern are all due to leave at Christmas.

hongkonghibee
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Good question - Monday morning still nothing posted anywhere....

Highlights on Hibs TV are now there...but stop before any goals are scored! Its getting worse...no live streaming, and now no place to see the goals we scored. I cant watch the BBC highlights as its blocked for overseas viewers. :rolleyes:

PeeJay
08-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Highlights on Hibs TV are now there...but stop before any goals are scored! Its getting worse...no live streaming, and now no place to see the goals we scored. I cant watch the BBC highlights as its blocked for overseas viewers. :rolleyes:

Try the SPL site on youtube - they've been up since Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/splofficial

hongkonghibee
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Thanks! I didnt know about that site.

--------
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Better commentary. Confirms my view - McPake and Hanlon are both following the same Dundee player (#24?) when one of them should be on the number 6. Dozy.

Hibby Gav
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
We even looked good on the BBC Highlights on Sportscene last night...no mean feat, they always do their best to make us look average...
3 great goal...confidence running throught the team.....love it !

Geo_1875
08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Paw Broon sounds like they kept him up long past his bedtime. He really doesn't add anything to the show.

Speedway
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
That commentator really annoys me. He sounds about 13 years old.

"There's something different about Hibs this campaign." You think?

Terrific save by Williams, but yes, nobody followed the Dundee player when he peeled off and if Williams had got more on the ball it would almost certainly have been a goal. This isn't about Williams' - he did exceptionally well - but about defenders being aware of what's going on around them. Looks to me as if Griffiths doesn't follow one Dundee player in - he stays on the 18-yard line, which since he's the main striker is understandable - and Hanlon and McPake are daydreaming. One of them (IMO McPake) should have tracked the guy who drifted towards the far post. He had him in sight as he started to move when the ball was played in.

All three goals were very good - Wotherspoon's coming back to his best and may very well end up fulfilling his considerable potential. Cairney's a real find.

The only worry for me is that Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern are all due to leave at Christmas.

McGivern has an option to extend and I can't see City being short of Left Backs by January. If they are, I can't see them playing McGivern. Hibs will bid for him in Jan.

Twiglet
08-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks! I didnt know about that site.

If you're outwith the UK you can get them on the Saturday I think.

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Great to see Spoony scoring another great goal yesterday. If he can pull something like that out of the bag every few games, then we're laughing.

Doyle's header was also smashing, although the marking was terrible.

Williams also made a couple of important stops while the score was at 0-0, otherwise it could have turned into a completely different game, so a big well done to that man!

TBF I think Doyle's movement was excellent and left the defenders for dead :wink:

hibs0666
08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Still waiting on the extended highlights going up. :confused:

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Still waiting on the extended highlights going up. :confused:

So, more like extended wait rather than extended highlights :wink: