PDA

View Full Version : NHC Worst Dive Ever?

TheMentalHibees
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/suarezgif.gif
Sincerely hope he was booked for that.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/suarezgif.gif

Mcpakes yesterday was bad!

HibbyAndy
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Konte trying to win a penalty at Easter rd against Celtc, He went down 2 hours after the initial contact. It was that embarrassing 99% of fans in the stadium burst out laughing.

EdinMike
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Suarez cheating again !? Naaaaaw, nae chance !

bingo70
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM

As much as that was an obvious dive i've got a bit sympathy for him as his left leg might have been kicked which caused the initial stumble but refs never give fouls unless players go down which IMO is one of the reasons why you see players diving so much.

HH81
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Ronaldo used to dive every week in the premiership don't forget.

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
As much as that was an obvious dive i've got a bit sympathy for him as his left leg might have been kicked which caused the initial stumble but refs never give fouls unless players go down which IMO is one of the reasons why you see players diving so much.

:hilarious

You have sympathy for him?

Suarez is a cheating little rat.

That dive is just an epitomy as to what desperate measures Liverpool need to sink to to get a win against a footballing juggernaut like Stoke City.

They really are pish!

bingo70
07-10-2012, 05:01 PM

That dive is just an epitomy as to what desperate measures Liverpool need to sink to to get a win against a footballing juggernaut like Stoke City.

They really are pish!

Sympathy is maybe the wrong word for him as he is a cheating ******* but my point still stands, players a lot of the time are forced to go down as refs don't give fouls unless they fall over.

That clip looks to me like his left leg was clipped, probably hard enough to make him stumble and lose control of the ball so should be enough to give a penalty but he was never going to get it unless he went down, hence the ridiculous dive that followed it.

I've no great love for Liverpool, they remind me of an English Celtic but i like that this season they seem to be trying to bring through young players and try to play football as well, hope it works out for them as they seem to be trying to do it the right way instead of just throwing loads of money at it.

Biggie
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM

They really are pish!

I think every Liverpool fan should be ****ting themselves at their chances this season...lets face it, any team that can only scrape past as mediocre hearts team, isn't going to do much damage in the premiership.

danhibees1875
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM

His effort yesterday was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title!

scott7_0(Prague)
07-10-2012, 05:56 PM
You think that was bad by Suarez. What about the lad Bale
http://i.minus.com/iI04qBVyEBQp2.gif

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM

http://i.minus.com/iI04qBVyEBQp2.gifDone the same against Arsenal to win a pen last season, pathetic cheat.

FifeeHibee
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM

I kinda agree with you. Referees get it so wrong so often. Footballers are meant to be athletic and strong and yet they go down in a heap at the slightest touch. Whether someone touches the ball or the player should be irrelevant. Some cheats even run into the box before falling, and refs give them a penalty!! Any Jamboesque theatrics should lead to instant dismissal. It's bloody obvious on telly when someone is on the ham. Another reason for tv replays.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Embarrassingly so :agree:

cad
07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.feintzebra.co.uk/2012/gif-huth-v-suarez-stamp/

Deserved a card did Suarez ,just like Huth did for the stamp when he was on the ground

StevieC
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
That clip looks to me like his left leg was clipped, probably hard enough to make him stumble and lose control of the ball so should be enough to give a penalty but he was never going to get it unless he went down, hence the ridiculous dive that followed it.

I think you make a valid point.

Referee's need to be willing to give penalties if a player attempts to stay on his feet. Unfortunately they dont so it would be daft for a player to try and stay on his feet if he's caught. The upshot, through time, is where we are at just now with some players "simulating" in order to win a penalty.

I suppose it depends on whether he claimed for a free kick or not? He's a class player, and I suspect he gets kicked off the park on a regular basis. In that clip he may just have been bracing himself for the impact that, IMHO, looked inevitable.
If he'd put that leading foot to ground and the other player had followed through with the kick, then you could be looking at a potential leg break. Full credit to the other player for pulling out when he did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
They showed one on Soccer Saturday by a young lad from Swansea, it was a shocker.

Sylar
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
And he wonders why he doesn't get penalties when he genuinely IS fouled.

Odious rat who personifies everything which is wrong with many modern professional footballers - overpaid, under-educated, prejudicial cheating welts!

lapsedhibee
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I suppose it depends on whether he claimed for a free kick or not? He's a class player, and I suspect he gets kicked off the park on a regular basis. In that clip he may just have been bracing himself for the impact that, IMHO, looked inevitable.

As has already been said, he did the same last season against Arsenal. Bale, Gerrard, Cole J the most embarrassing of the Brits. Suarez and Ronaldo the most embarrassing of the foreigners (though not sure if Ronaldo bothers with it much now that he's outwith the Manchester refereeing sphere).

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 11:12 AM

They really are pish!

Mcpake has enrolled at his diving school and by the looks of it is a pretty quick learner. I love it when the plastic manc fans get excited.

StevieC
08-10-2012, 11:15 AM
As has already been said, he did the same last season against Arsenal.

Not seen the other one to comment, just making an observation on the one that has been shown. Looks like he is about to get clobbered and bracing himself for the impact, rather than diving to gain an unfair advantage. I'm no lover of Spurs (or any team other than Newcastle :wink:) just giving my opinion on what's been put up.

--------
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM

I agree. The clip's shocking quality, so it's hard to see exactly what happened, but it certainly looks as if there's some contact made by one or other of the Stoke defenders.

And of we're talking about sportsmanship and the purity of the game, might I just say that I consider Tony Pulis and Stoke City the most unpleasant, nasty, cynical bunch of thugs and cheats in the EPL?

Geo_1875
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Ian Black was guilty of a rather shocking attempt to con the referee on Saturday. He hit the deck after the slightest of contact with an opponents foot. I hope the SFA throw the book at him. And as for the Rangers goalie, he should be kicked out the game for his brutal assault on both of the Stirling players feet with his body. But I bet they both get away with it.

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Suarez is a natural cheat so you wouldnt really expect any less. The guys a ****bag.

lapsedhibee
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Not seen the other one to comment, just making an observation on the one that has been shown. Looks like he is about to get clobbered and bracing himself for the impact, rather than diving to gain an unfair advantage. I'm no lover of Spurs (or any team other than Newcastle :wink:) just giving my opinion on what's been put up.

TBH solo diving's been done to death. To get proper entertainment out of diving now I think you have to be looking at tandem diving, such as Drogba and Lehmann (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHOBdHyRfM).

frazeHFC
08-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Love when Man U fans (yep ones who are meant to be Hibs fans) cry at Suarez being a diver, even though they have the likes of Nani and Ashley Young in their team!

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Suarez is a natural cheat so you wouldnt really expect any less. The guys a ****bag.

No he's a fantastically talented player who has gone down to easy in the past and is paying for it by not getting the correct decisions when he is fouled just like at Norwich last week.

KeithTheHibby
08-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Saurez is an all round horrible footballer.

Stacks of ability but he is generally a cheat, nothing less.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Saurez is an all round horrible footballer.

Stacks of ability but he is generally a cheat, nothing less.

What a load of pish!

MB62
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Embarrassingly so :agree:

Totally agree and I was very surprise that he didn't get booked. He does it every game now and it is going to cost us at some point.

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
No he's a fantastically talented player who has gone down to easy in the past and is paying for it by not getting the correct decisions when he is fouled just like at Norwich last week.

gone down easy?? he's a racist diving cheat. what about the world cup?? disgusting behaviour. guys a low life. and no, im not a man united fan.

--------
08-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Totally agree and I was very surprise that he didn't get booked. He does it every game now and it is going to cost us at some point.

So is McPake a 'diving cheat'? :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
gone down easy?? he's a racist diving cheat. what about the world cup?? disgusting behaviour. guys a low life. and no, im not a man united fan.

Behave!

You just don't like the guy, your opinion is so blinkered it's not worth listening to.

Couldn't give a toss if you're a United fan or not.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
So is McPake a 'diving cheat'? :rolleyes:

Yes low life cheating diving **** and I'm sure I heard him asking for a Black Man at the ice cream van outside Easter Road.

Monts
08-10-2012, 01:33 PM
What a load of pish!

He will always be rememered for that handball on the line at the world cup.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
He will always be rememered for that handball on the line at the world cup.

I very much doubt that the handball at the World Cup will be the first thing that springs to mind if you ask 100 punters in the street to comment on Luis Suarez. :greengrin

Monts
08-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I very much doubt that the handball at the World Cup will be the first thing that springs to mind if you ask 100 punters in the street to comment on Luis Suarez. :greengrin

Maybe not, but thats where it all started, for British punters anyway. They saw him do that, then he moved to liverpool, already marked as a cheat. He'll never shake it imo. (No I dont mean Evras hand :wink:)

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Behave!

You just don't like the guy, your opinion is so blinkered it's not worth listening to.

unfortunately cant find the footage of him spitting on someone anywhere but he done that whilst at ajax and your defending the guy??

agree he's a decent player but when youve been done for racial abuse, a constant diver, spitting on folk and cheating another country out a place in the next round of the world cup being a "decent" player goes out the window.

Just Alf
08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't know about anyone else... but I thought this dive from Ian Black was totally out of order, looks like he was trying to get the laddie sent off :grr:

http://i47.tinypic.com/8yyhxz.gif

the stig
08-10-2012, 02:31 PM
unfortunately cant find the footage of him spitting on someone anywhere but he done that whilst at ajax and your defending the guy??

agree he's a decent player but when youve been done for racial abuse, a constant diver, spitting on folk and cheating another country out a place in the next round of the world cup being a "decent" player goes out the window.

I dont know about him spitting but he did bite an oppositions ear during a match while at ajax. Im sure he got like a 6-7 match ban for it.

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I dont know about him spitting but he did bite an oppositions ear during a match while at ajax. Im sure he got like a 6-7 match ban for it.

thats another one then, he did gob on someone cos i can even remember reading about it in 442 it was that twente player (dunno if he's still there) de jong he spat on. been searching youtube for it.

guys an animal.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
thats another one then, he did gob on someone cos i can even remember reading about it in 442 it was that twente player (dunno if he's still there) de jong he spat on. been searching youtube for it.

guys an animal.

:rotflmao:

--------
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't know about anyone else... but I thought this dive from Ian Black was totally out of order, looks like he was trying to get the laddie sent off :grr:

Terrible. The lad didn't touch him. Their goalie was at it too. :greengrin

--------
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Absolutely correct.

WE would never cheat another country out a place in the next round of the world cup like that ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/2322845.stm

You obviously don't like Suarez - that's clear. He isn't a 'nice guy' - but then, I've never known a Uruguayan footballer who was. It seems to be something about the Uruguayan game, but I don't know why. Known of a lot of footballers of lots of different nationalities who were no nicer than Suarez over the years.

Funny how so many people get all wound up about Suarez in the World Cup, but I don't hear the same outrage over and over about the totally disgraceful way The Netherlands played in the Final. How none of the Spanish players didn't suffer serious injury I do not know.

(And for the record, in Suarez's place against Ghana, I'd have done the same - handled the ball and taken the red. But I wouldn't have jumped up and down celebrating the subsequent penalty miss - well, not in public, anyway.)

But for Tony Pulis of all people to be taking a 'moral' tone!!!! Stoke are the ugliest team in the EPL and he has some of the dirtiest defenders in the league there. Huth alone is as big an embarrassment as Suarez.

But then - didn't Alf Ramsey call the Argentine team 'animals' - and him with Nobby Stiles and Alan Ball in HIS team?

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Let's face it, no team can claim the moral high ground on diving now, though of course some players are persistent offenders. IMO the problem stems from the fact that tackling has been all but removed from the game and players accentuate this. Bookings are dished out for giving an opponent a nasty look now, and it's gone too far. Defending/tackling is being killed off. The screams of anguish that players give when they aren't touched doesn't help referees, nor do the fans when we go berserk after the slightest contact.

It's a cultural shift in the game, and I fear it will only get worse as the rules will increasingly be changed towards ever more draconian measures against the tackle. Nobody wants to se players hurt, but I want to see proper tackles re-introduced.

And pundits saying a penalty is justified if there's' contact'. Sorry, but brushing a player's boot doesn't amount to a foul and doesn't justify his falling to the ground. A foul means an impediment against the player in possession, and saying any contact, however minimal, is worthy of the foul is just wrong to me.

silverhibee
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Ronaldo used to dive every week in the premiership don't forget.

:na na: :greengrin :na na:

iwasthere1972
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Don't forget the Yam cheat at Hampden. :wink:

--------
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Aye, but some managers can talk about cleaning up the game without the audience either roaring with laughter or throwing up. Pulis is the guy who made lame excuses for Shawcross's foul on Ramsey that put the Welshman out for nine months - see below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FJKunkmKQ

He plays Robert Huth another honest, no-malice good guys?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/8320946.stm

This according to Pulis was Upson's fault, really.

Crouch's 'basketball' goal against Man City this season - which Crouch openly admitted to after the game, was 'brilliant' according to Pulis:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/09/15/brilliant-peter-crouch-got-away-with-handball-against-manchester-city-believes-stoke-city-boss-tony-pulis/68967/

A still from the Shawcross-Ramsey horror show - "he's just a lad, there was no malice in it," said Tony P afterwards:

http://i48.tinypic.com/24lu05i.jpg

Pulis should keep his trap shut and sort out his own players.

Hibernia&Alba
08-10-2012, 04:47 PM
http://i.minus.com/iyzrJDtyWPpyY.gif

Skanko79
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Absolutely correct.

WE would never cheat another country out a place in the next round of the world cup like that ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/2322845.stm

You obviously don't like Suarez - that's clear. He isn't a 'nice guy' - but then, I've never known a Uruguayan footballer who was. It seems to be something about the Uruguayan game, but I don't know why. Known of a lot of footballers of lots of different nationalities who were no nicer than Suarez over the years.

Funny how so many people get all wound up about Suarez in the World Cup, but I don't hear the same outrage over and over about the totally disgraceful way The Netherlands played in the Final. How none of the Spanish players didn't suffer serious injury I do not know.

(And for the record, in Suarez's place against Ghana, I'd have done the same - handled the ball and taken the red. But I wouldn't have jumped up and down celebrating the subsequent penalty miss - well, not in public, anyway.)

But for Tony Pulis of all people to be taking a 'moral' tone!!!! Stoke are the ugliest team in the EPL and he has some of the dirtiest defenders in the league there. Huth alone is as big an embarrassment as Suarez.

But then - didn't Alf Ramsey call the Argentine team 'animals' - and him with Nobby Stiles and Alan Ball in HIS team?

how often did you see joe jordan spitting at opponents, diving, biting other players ears and racialy abusing his fellow pro. dont really know what your getting at?

Brizo
08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Managerial hypocrisy means diving will never be cured. Unfortunately I dont think we will ever see the day when a manager admits a player has dived and that he will be punished for it by his club. Managers , particularly in the EPL , complain that tackling is going out of the game and then turn a blind eye when their own players go down as if theyve been shot. We cant even blame it on "Johnny foreigner" anymore , plenty British players are just as guilty.

Of course its not a new thing, who can forget John McDonald , but its now the norm instead of the exception. Sadly, particularly in the EPL , players are too powerful to have their on field behaviour let alone off field behaviour cleaned up ; the financial stakes for winning and losing are obscenely high and most managers coats are only a couple of games away from the English equivalent of the shoogly nail. Consequently for a manager to criticise their own divers is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

it would be refreshing to see a manager, operating from a position of strength, like Wenger or Ferguson, set an example in this respect but they are two of the biggest culprits in the selective blindness stakes. Just to add im not saying that from any pro Spurs or pro Citeh/LIverpool agenda.

--------
08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
how often did you see joe jordan spitting at opponents, diving, biting other players ears and racialy abusing his fellow pro. dont really know what your getting at?

Blatantly cheating to put another team out of the World Cup, then dancing around celebrating the award of a penlty Scotland should never have been given?

And big Joe could go over very convincingly when he put his mind to it, not to mention "putting himself about" as it was delicately termed - in other words, kicking, elbowing and fouling the players around him.

Jordan was no angel. He played for Leeds United for quite a while. And it fitted him like a glove.

He also played for Manchester United.

Please explain to me why it's not as dishonest to handle the ball deliberately then lie about it as it is to "go down too easily" under a physical challenge in the penalty area? Or why it was always considered 'manly' for big British defenders to go through forwards from behind, but 'unsportsmanlike' for them to complain about it or draw attention to it?

And tell me you wouldn't be defending Suarez if, in another dimension, he happened to play for Hibs?

Video of the boy - title says it all:

http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-TV/Luis-Suarez-spits-van-Ajax-en-Uruguay.htm (http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-TV/Luis-Suarez-spits-van-Ajax-en-Uruguay.htm) :devil:

TheMentalHibees
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Tinfoil shortage in merseyside? I jest.

I am a man united fan, but I don't endorse diving or cheating. Yes, shocking I know. I find Nani and Ashley Young's diving to be embarrassing before someone tries to claim hypocrisy. I find your above comment to be very biased, and that's putting it kindly. Suarez, even when he is genuinely fouled, still manages to make it look like a dive. This whole "he's gone down easy in the past" garbage that you are using in some bizarre way to defend him is pathetic. A player has a reputation for a reason. Take the penalty claim in the most recent united-Liverpool game at anfield: if Suarez had gone down normally, reacted normally to the contact, the referee would have awarded a penalty. There's no doubting that. However, he flicks his head backwards dramatically and hurls himself toward the ground. As soon as the referee sees that flick of the head, an abnormal reaction regardless of the person, there's no way he's giving anything. Whether you like it or not, Suarez is the architect of his own downfall, quite literally.

The fact that you can completely ignore the race row and still find an abundance of evidence that he's a deplorable human being speaks volumes. Take his lengthy ban for biting an opponent when playing for Ajax, his deliberate handball then jubilant celebrations at the world cup, his cries of conspiracy, or his constant shameless diving. If a United player had this sort of history behind him, the Liverpool fans would be foaming at the mouth, and you can't say any differently.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Tinfoil shortage in merseyside? I jest.

I am a man united fan, but I don't endorse diving or cheating. Yes, shocking I know. I find Nani and Ashley Young's diving to be embarrassing before someone tries to claim hypocrisy. I find your above comment to be very biased, and that's putting it kindly. Suarez, even when he is genuinely fouled, still manages to make it look like a dive. This whole "he's gone down easy in the past" garbage that you are using in some bizarre way to defend him is pathetic. A player has a reputation for a reason. Take the penalty claim in the most recent united-Liverpool game at anfield: if Suarez had gone down normally, reacted normally to the contact, the referee would have awarded a penalty. There's no doubting that. However, he flicks his head backwards dramatically and hurls himself toward the ground. As soon as the referee sees that flick of the head, an abnormal reaction regardless of the person, there's no way he's giving anything. Whether you like it or not, Suarez is the architect of his own downfall, quite literally.

The fact that you can completely ignore the race row and still find an abundance of evidence that he's a deplorable human being speaks volumes. Take his lengthy ban for biting an opponent when playing for Ajax, his deliberate handball then jubilant celebrations at the world cup, his cries of conspiracy, or his constant shameless diving. If a United player had this sort of history behind him, the Liverpool fans would be foaming at the mouth, and you can't say any differently.

1. Are you really a Man Utd fan or just a glory hunting mouthpiece who supports them from the safety of your SKY remote?
2. You find my comment to be biased...............no **** sherlock, I wonder why I would be biased :tee hee:
3. Thanks for pointing out that his "reputation" prevents him getting fair decisions.............backs up my point exactly.
4. Ignore the race row? I thought this thread was about him diving! The race row has been done to death on many threads which I have not ignored.
5. So he was banned when playing for Ajax, who gives a toss what happened before, or shall I dig up every bit of dirt on other players as there is plenty to be dug up.
6.Deliberate handball! Oh dear do you actualy watch football, I have lost count of the number of deliberate handballs I have witnessed in over 30 odd years of watching football, Stephane Henchoz being one of my particular favourites in the FA cup final no less!
7. Sort of history behind a Utd player hmmmmmmmmmmmm you're not really a Utd fan after all!
Any I'm back off to my crack pipe and then out to do a few more car radio's GIRFUY

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Jonnyboy
08-10-2012, 07:55 PM
See Engerlund's meedja are blaming the 'foreigners' for the 'divers' epidemic. What a nerve they've got. That Tom Daly dives aw the time wi' naebody near him

easty
08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Aye, but some managers can talk about cleaning up the game without the audience either roaring with laughter or throwing up. Pulis is the guy who made lame excuses for Shawcross's foul on Ramsey that put the Welshman out for nine months - see below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FJKunkmKQ

He plays Robert Huth another honest, no-malice good guys?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/8320946.stm

This according to Pulis was Upson's fault, really.

Crouch's 'basketball' goal against Man City this season - which Crouch openly admitted to after the game, was 'brilliant' according to Pulis:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/09/15/brilliant-peter-crouch-got-away-with-handball-against-manchester-city-believes-stoke-city-boss-tony-pulis/68967/

A still from the Shawcross-Ramsey horror show - "he's just a lad, there was no malice in it," said Tony P afterwards:

http://i48.tinypic.com/24lu05i.jpg

Pulis should keep his trap shut and sort out his own players.

I agree with you about Pulis, but the Ramsey - Shawcross incident was unlucky and I dont think he meant it.

TheMentalHibees
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
1. Are you really a Man Utd fan or just a glory hunting mouthpiece who supports them from the safety of your SKY remote?
2. You find my comment to be biased...............no **** sherlock, I wonder why I would be biased :tee hee:
3. Thanks for pointing out that his "reputation" prevents him getting fair decisions.............backs up my point exactly.
4. Ignore the race row? I thought this thread was about him diving! The race row has been done to death on many threads which I have not ignored.
5. So he was banned when playing for Ajax, who gives a toss what happened before, or shall I dig up every bit of dirt on other players as there is plenty to be dug up.
6.Deliberate handball! Oh dear do you actualy watch football, I have lost count of the number of deliberate handballs I have witnessed in over 30 odd years of watching football, Stephane Henchoz being one of my particular favourites in the FA cup final no less!
7. Sort of history behind a Utd player hmmmmmmmmmmmm you're not really a Utd fan after all!
Any I'm back off to my crack pipe and then out to do a few more car radio's GIRFUY

I have a season ticket at old Trafford, thanks for asking. Unlike yourself, I can avoid the stereotypes. Why do you put reputation in parenthesis? Your point would be valid if he had ceased diving and was being judged solely on his history, but as proven in the OP he's still at it like its going out of fashion.
His ban for Ajax is entirely relevant when discussing his reputation as a detestable human being. Very talented footballer yes, but detestable nonetheless. And incase you hadn't noticed, I never tried to claim that united players are squeaky clean, do try to stay on topic please.

frazeHFC
08-10-2012, 10:17 PM

Hahaha that is good tbh. :hilarious

MoscowHibs
08-10-2012, 11:22 PM
I can recall a wee fanny from many moons ago, John McDonald fae old sevco, who could teach today's pros a thing or two aboot diving like. Mind he did it against us and he would hae died a slow death if many of my fellow Hibees got there hands on him that day.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 06:17 AM
I have a season ticket at old Trafford, thanks for asking. Unlike yourself, I can avoid the stereotypes. Why do you put reputation in parenthesis? Your point would be valid if he had ceased diving and was being judged solely on his history, but as proven in the OP he's still at it like its going out of fashion.
His ban for Ajax is entirely relevant when discussing his reputation as a detestable human being. Very talented footballer yes, but detestable nonetheless. And incase you hadn't noticed, I never tried to claim that united players are squeaky clean, do try to stay on topic please.

Just picked out the bits you wanted to reply to I see and even then contradicted yourself :LOL:

TheMentalHibees
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Just picked out the bits you wanted to reply to I see and even then contradicted yourself :LOL:

Stay on topic.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Stay on topic.

Practice what you preach.

TheMentalHibees
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Practice what you preach.

I'm perfectly on topic, we're talking about Luis Suarez. So please,

A player has a reputation for a reason. Take the penalty claim in the most recent united-Liverpool game at anfield: if Suarez had gone down normally, reacted normally to the contact, the referee would have awarded a penalty. There's no doubting that. However, he flicks his head backwards dramatically and hurls himself toward the ground. As soon as the referee sees that flick of the head, an abnormal reaction regardless of the person, there's no way he's giving anything. Whether you like it or not, Suarez is the architect of his own downfall, quite literally.

explain to me how you have in any way replied to the above?

--------
09-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree with you about Pulis, but the Ramsey - Shawcross incident was unlucky and I dont think he meant it.

It was reckless, he went in high and very hard, and he had done similar before - also against Arsenal. He put Adebayor out for three weeks with another reckless challenge, and Adebayor wasn't even on the pitch at the time. Mind you, when Adebayor was sent off on a later occasion for punching Shawcross - Pulis thought the first incident was 'just one of those things', and the second was 'appalling', IIRC, while Wenger (guess what? thought the first was 'appalling' and the second I believe he didn't see - he was 'unsighted'. :rolleyes:

It wasn't so much Shawcross as Pulis I was thinking of, TBF - he goes on and on about 'simulation' but doesn't seem to have a problem about hard men like Huth or cheats like Crouch handling the ball into the net. I have to say that Shawcross has developed into a very decent centre-back - Huth, on the other hand, is a player I have no time for.

But Shawcross's stupidity (as opposed to malice) wouldn't have been any comfort to Ramsey in the months of rehab he had to go through.

To get back to the point - Suarez is a supremely gifted footballer who needs to learn the difference between being committed to his team's cause and behaving in a totally unacceptable manner. He goes down too easily - well, now he's suffering the consequences, since no referee's going to award a penalty for anyone fouling him, and it does look to me as if some referees are turning a blind eye to fouls committed against him. Racist abuse? He was guilty, and he was punished, a lot more harshly than a certain former England captain was for a similar offence. Nothing to do with the fact that Suarez is Uruguayan and Terry's English? Of course not. Spitting? I wouldn't put it past him, but I don't think we've yet seen a link that actually confirms the allegation. Biting? He bit another player's shoulder while he was playing in the Eredivisie. I agree - the mind boggles. He needs to cut this out, and he needs to concentrate on playing football and scoring goals.

As for the deliberate handball in the World Cup - well, if Hibs are ever in a similar position to the position Uruguay were in that night (say in the Scottish Cup Final), and one of our guys is on the goal-line like Suarez was, and a shot comes in, I'd hope that player, if he couldn't clear the ball legally, would do EXACTLY what Suarez did. I'd be extremely upset and annoyed if he didn't and we lost the game. Absolutely blazing, in fact. He played the percentages and took one for the team. Penalty, red card. Nothing to see here, IMHO. The fact that the Ghanaian missed the pen wasn't Suarez's fault.

Right now there are so many players in the EPL falling over when a defender looks at them, it seems a bit unfair that Suarez is the one who's always in the headlines. Every team has one - or two or three or more.

The racist problem needs sorted out - I'd say there needs to be a clear code of behaviour which the referees can enforce, by yellow and red cards if necessary.

Constant, persistent fouling in the penalty area at corners and free-kicks - how many penalties would we see if the referees enforced the letter of the law? The extra officials behind the goals could sort this out, but they don't seem to see anything untoward happening ...

And twice recently we've seen international centre-forwards 'scoring' with their hands - Crouch and Demba Ba - and the managers essentially seeing no wrong in this - delighted their men got away with it.

Football will never be the sort of sport where everybody plays according to some sort of 'public school' code. It isn't cricket - and anyone who knows anything about criscket knows that there's plenty fo skullduggery going on in that sport too.

But MY team's 'big, strong, defender' is a thug in the eyes of the opposition, and MY team's clever wing-play winning a penalty is diving in the eyes of the others.

Just taking the two incidents again - how exactly is what Suarez did against Ghana any worse than what Jordan did against Wales? I'd say Jordan's offence was worse - not only did he cheat, but when the penalty was awarded (wrongly, as he well knew) he was jumping up and down celebrating in the faces of the Welsh players. And the deliberate handball went unpunished. And Wales were unfairly deprived of their place in the 1978 World Cup Finals in Argentina.

Scotland and Ally's Army went there instead.

Ain't karma a bitch? :devil:

Eyrie
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I can recall a wee fanny from many moons ago, John McDonald fae old sevco, who could teach today's pros a thing or two aboot diving like. Mind he did it against us and he would hae died a slow death if many of my fellow Hibees got there hands on him that day.

If I remember correctly, his nickname was "Polaris".

Jonnyboy
09-10-2012, 10:34 PM
If I remember correctly, his nickname was "Polaris".

That's probably true but it's not what I called him :wink:

--------
11-10-2012, 08:34 AM
It's all Johnny Foreigner's fault, according to Owen ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19905197

... but he admits he did it himself - against Argentina - twice. :rolleyes:

PS: Who he play for again?

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Tom Hart went to the SFA about it. Unfortunately Tom died shortly after. At the time there was a rumour that McDonald was kept away from the funeral on safety grounds. There were serious concerns he might dive in the box.

Our own Ally McLeod was pretty impressive too - the slightest touch and he turned to stone. I tried many times to emulate it, but couldn't get the knack. I figured he must have had the self control of a Buster Keaton to stay rigid when the instinct is to break your fall.

Sandy Clark was a bit of a joke. His style included a jack knife motion midway through his descent.

What about us for poor sportsmanship though?

lapsedhibee
12-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Didn't see the game tonight.

Does the serial diver warrant another mention in this thread? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Didn't see the game tonight.

Does the serial diver warrant another mention in this thread? :dunno:

Absolutely. Shot up the diving bassa charts with tonight's performance :agree:

theonlywayisup
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
All of these recent decision show how daft Kenny Shiels comments on Cairney were. For Cairney's penalty there was definite contact. Since then we have had Saurez, Bale, Ramsey plus many otheres where no contact is made and the players manufacture a penalty claim.

Steve-O
12-10-2012, 10:31 PM
There is no way Bale's trip on himself was an accident. Retrospective action should be taken against this cheat.

Speedy
14-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Behave!

I think it's pretty clear that your view on Suarez is very blinkered.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it's pretty clear that your view on Suarez is very blinkered.

Nah not really, my favourite diver is Gareth Bale.

LancashireHibby
14-10-2012, 06:24 PM
If that Felix bloke doesn't get booked for the biggest dive of all time then it's definitely a conspiracy against Suarez.