PDA

View Full Version : Massive Thank You.

EH6 Hibby
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Bit of a long shot that the person will read this, but just wanted to say Thanks so much to the kind person that found my sons iPod Touch in the toilets in the Famous Five stand and handed it in. He only got it less than 2 months ago so it's pretty new. He was half way down St Clair Street before he realised he'd lost it and we thought there was no chance he'd get it back. He was so upset that it was gone, we were amazed it had been handed in.

So anyway if you read this or if anyone knows who it was can they pass on my thanks for renewing my faith in human nature and making an 8 year old boy very happy again.

Kaiser_Sauzee
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Bit of a long shot that the person will read this, but just wanted to say Thanks so much to the kind person that found my sons iPod Touch in the toilets in the Famous Five stand and handed it in. He only got it less than 2 months ago so it's pretty new. He was half way down St Clair Street before he realised he'd lost it and we thought there was no chance he'd get it back. He was so upset that it was gone, we were amazed it had been handed in.

So anyway if you read this or if anyone knows who it was can they pass on my thanks for renewing my faith in human nature and making an 8 year old boy very happy again.

Hibs class.

Hibs7
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Good to hear.

Ultrabee1-0
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Would probably never happen at any other ground in scotland what a gentleman.

KdyHby
07-10-2012, 01:31 PM
After the match, I saw a young lad crying just outside the stand while his parents talked to him, felt sorry for him being upset after a good result. Hopefully it was you and your son, and this is a happy ending. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Thats great to hear!

I lost my smart phone on a bus last month and someone called last number which was my wives and we got the phone back. Couldnt believe it really, especially here when theres a lot of stealing that happens.
Human nature sometimes surprises us also in good ways.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Good to read stuff like this when somebody is apologising for being human on the thread about the wee Welsh lassie, there are abundantly more good folk on the go than there is bad, thats always worth remembering.

NotoriousLor
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I left my phone in the back of 2 different taxis while working in London and got it back both times, both times with them contacting me first

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
What did you say? ;-)

fatbloke
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Good to read stuff like this when somebody is apologising for being human on the thread about the wee Welsh lassie, there are abundantly more good folk on the go than there is bad, thats always worth remembering.

As a foster carer for over 12 years, I can honestly say there are many many good folk out there, some very bad folk out there and some very very unfortunate folk out there as well. Trouble is nice people and nice deeds are always the last piece of news on tv etc, wouldn't it be nice to start with the feel good stories first and if you are gonna broadcast the bad make them last. But i suppose feel good stories do not make for sensational tv or help sell papers. I am not advocating we all become goody goody - I am sure I won't go straight to heaven when I go, but I would hope there is a wee bit debate about my case - but a wee bit compassion or show of common decency will never never go amiss. On a football front I like the way the good news i.e. Rangers defeat was broadcast at the start of the programme I watched:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin.

Ray_
07-10-2012, 06:03 PM

:thumbsup:

Jack Hackett
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I left a brand new Galaxy S2 on a beach back in May. I noticed within 10 mins and called the phone from a mates. It went straight to voicemail even though I'd left it active. The *anker obviously whipped the sim out as soon as.

It was only a phone, but I was utterly devastated. A curse on people like that....may they look like me forever.

Glad you got yours back :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Hibernian behaviour ( not to say human behaviour ) we always hope for. Well done to the indivdual who took the time to hand it in.

iwasthere1972
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM

:top marks

Hibs class.