PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Donaldson

beensaidbefore
07-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Ok, so iv spelled his name wrong....

But he scored another 2 today. Admittedly not quite playing at the level of SPL, but another player that underperformed at Hibs and seems to do well elsewhere.

marinello59
07-10-2012, 07:07 AM

But he scored another 2 today. Admittedly not quite playing at the level of SPL, but another player that underperformed at Hibs and seems to do well elsewhere.

Did he under perform? Or did he do the best that he could have at the SPL level of the time. I believe the latter to be the case.

degenerated
07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Did he under perform? Or did he do the best that he could have at the SPL level of the time. I believe the latter to be the case.

We never really got much of a chance to see though. He hardly ever got a start for us.

matty_f
07-10-2012, 08:18 AM
We never really got much of a chance to see though. He hardly ever got a start for us.

:agree: I reckon he'd have done better given another season.

greenlex
07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
:agree: I reckon he'd have done better given another season.

Yup. If Claros had been binned we could be posting similar after he moved on.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Seen a bit of Donaldson since he left, definitely a better player and goalscorer now, I felt we got shot too quick, still do. Especially when compared with some of the dross that played up front in the interim.

Hibs7
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
He wouldn't get a game in todays Hibs team !

allezsauzee
07-10-2012, 12:54 PM
If we were wrong to let him go, how come at the age of 28 no club bigger than Brentford has signed him since he left us? He's got a scoring rate of 1 in every 3 games for Brentford. I don't think we've missed out on much.

chrisski33
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
ANOTHER thread about an ex hibs player who wasnt good enough when he was with us! We are doing well without him and he was with ages ago time to move on.

beensaidbefore
08-10-2012, 05:52 PM
ANOTHER thread about an ex hibs player who wasnt good enough when he was with us! We are doing well without him and he was with ages ago time to move on.

Is this another example of the thought police?

You ever heard the saying, 'If youv not got anything good to say, just dont bother'?

It would have taken you far less time to 'move on' than post your pointless post.

iwasthere1972
08-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Bit ironic that after leaving the Kit Kat Stadium that he didn't really get a break.

basehibby
09-10-2012, 12:09 AM

He clearly had potential when at Hibs - scored a few IIRC - but was pretty raw and didn't look ready for the SPL in terms of his overall play IMO.

Maybe he's got better but could Hibs afford to wait for that to happenat the time? Evidently not in Mixu's opinion.

Hibercelona
09-10-2012, 12:27 AM
The Donaldson subject keeps springing up on here time and time again.

He was a decent player who came to the club at a bad time. I honestly think he's good enough to hack it at this level.

AberdreamHibee
09-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Only thing i remember was that game he had was it a hattrick of penalties? Either that or 2 penalties scored and one "legit" goal with him also missing a penalty. Was nothing special when he was with us IMO. Was like MAC...someone who i felt a little bit aggrieved to be losing but hardly a key player.

chrisski33
09-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Is this another example of the thought police?

You ever heard the saying, 'If youv not got anything good to say, just dont bother'?

It would have taken you far less time to 'move on' than post your pointless post.

Aye just like this pointless thread about a player who left ages ago and wasnt good enough at hibs