PDA

View Full Version : NHC Caller on Jim Traynor's phone-in

theonlywayisup
06-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Did you here the caller on Jim Traynor's phone-in, on the way home from the game?

Don't know why, but they were spending a lot of time discussing the fact that some diddy third division team had just lost to the bottom of the league team.

Anyway, this caller was spouting some hardly detectable Glasgae nonsense that McCoist should be sacked immediately.

Traynor keeps the caller going for a while, before asking the question that was in my mind from the start "well, Jimmy, who do you think should replace McCoist as manager?"

I knew the response was going to be nonsense, but the caller then says "well, I know it is a bit unlikely, but I would go for David Moyes" :faf::faf:

Yes, David Moyes is going to leave the upper reaches of the EPL, to join a diddy team in the Scottish third division.:faf:

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Haha!!! What a balloon! Who's next? Pep Guardiola?

Typical Sevco!

Minder
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
McCoist must stay !

SouthMoroccoStu
06-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Did you here the caller on Jim Traynor's phone-in, on the way home from the game?

Don't know why, but they were spending a lot of time discussing the fact that some diddy third division team had just lost to the bottom of the league team.

Anyway, this caller was spouting some hardly detectable Glasgae nonsense that McCoist should be sacked immediately.

Traynor keeps the caller going for a while, before asking the question that was in my mind from the start "well, Jimmy, who do you think should replace McCoist as manager?"

I knew the response was going to be nonsense, but the caller then says "well, I know it is a bit unlikely, but I would go for David Moyes" :faf::faf:

Yes, David Moyes is going to leave the upper reaches of the EPL, to join a diddy team in the Scottish third division.:faf:

David Moyes, this lot really are on a different planet.

Your not the 'mighty' Glasgow rangers anymore - get over it

This position is unfortunately supported by the Glasgow media that just can't let go

Biggie
06-10-2012, 10:32 PM
McCoist must stay !

Well he says he doesn't do walking away, so he'll be there until they sack him....fantastic

Steve-O
06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Davie Moyes :faf: :faf:

If he does get the boot (which would be hilarious) then the only 'big name' they'll get is some former player who is out of a job elsewhere. Probably Gazza.

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Did that Charles Green not say that he was looking at giving McCoist a long term contract? Something like 25 years?

Biggie
06-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Did that Charles Green not say that he was looking at giving McCoist a long term contract? Something like 25 years?

Please !...that would be ****ing amazing :hibees

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ally-mccoist-to-stay-at-rangers-for-25-1190598

monktonharp
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
David Moyes, this lot really are on a different planet.

Your not the 'mighty' Glasgow rangers anymore - get over it

This position is unfortunately supported by the Glasgow media that just can't let goer, is Moyes no mair o' a sellick man?

iwasthere1972
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Davie Moyes :faf: :faf:

If he does get the boot (which would be hilarious) then the only 'big name' they'll get is some former player who is out of a job elsewhere. Probably Gazza.

Interview.

Green. Right Gazza what could you bring to Rangers?

Gazza Wae'aye man! a Chicken sandwich and a flask of tea.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2012, 11:38 PM
If McCoist had the results that he had against SPL teams, he would have been hookked already.

sbell1875
07-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Heard it driving home and near swerved off the M8 in hysterics! What a choamby!

They really have extreme dilutions of grandeur!

beensaidbefore
07-10-2012, 12:52 AM

Heard it. Bloody hilarious really and shows you how deluded some of those guys really are. The other guy claiming the BBC are bigoted sounded equally dim. I wonder how long, if ever, it will take for these guys to realise that were actually enjoying ourselves quite fine without them at the party.:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2012, 08:10 AM
What a choamby!

What does that mean? I can probably make a decent guess though.

kennyh
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I never realised the latest battle between Sevco and BBC till yesterday, I reckon if Sevco are banning BBC again yawn yawn then the BBC should do likewise, a quick report while discussing the 3rd Div and leaving it at that. Give them no separate airtime, why give them any publicity and have no calls on Sportsound about Sevco
Leave the muppets with their RM and FF forums along with Radio Clyde and the Daily Record to spout their pish

banarc7062
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
er, is Moyes no mair o' a sellick man?

Well get him in right away :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Moyes?! FFS, surely the man with the right background and moral compass to lead this fine upstanding institution is Graham Rix? - maybe forming a dream team with the Venky's or Peter Ridsdale?

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Sally is doing a great job and must remain in charge. Imagine if they failed to gain promotion :faf:

Bighoose
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Jeez is that what years on the Buckfast do to you? Surely nobody is that thick...?

jdships
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Interesting thread !!
It also begs another question !
If/when Sally gets the heave who is going to employ him as a Football Manager , especially in Scotland ?
If nothing else he has been found out both as a person and a manager over the past few months
Will he end up as another ' Football Pundit' for which job , with his big mouth, he is ideally suited or is it back to something like ' A Question of Sport ' ?
Anyone got any ideas who would/might employ a ' rent a mouth' such as he ? :rolleyes:

:flag:
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

Hibby D
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Their arrogance (both the fans and new owner) has no boundaries! That's what caused the death of the club they used to support and it's what will keep them floundering in SFL3

jdships
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Their arrogance (both the fans and new owner) has no boundaries! That's what caused the death of the club they used to support and it's what will keep them floundering in SFL3

:top marks
I have two 'friends /acquaintances ' ex players both in their 70's and ' died in the wool ' Rangers supporters
One played in English football and one who played for Rankers for a few years .
They both show the arrogance you speak of above .
Their stock phrase now is 'WITH OUR HISTORY AND TRACK RECORD WE ARE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - FACT '

If ever an expression was an invite to have your lights put out this is surely it .

:rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I have two 'friends /acquaintances ' ex players both in their 70's and ' died in the wool ' Rangers supporters
Their stock phrase now is 'WITH OUR HISTORY AND TRACK RECORD WE ARE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - FACT '

If ever an expression was an invite to have your lights put out this is surely it .

"With our history and track record we are Scottish football - fact"

Erm, no it isn't a fact. The FACT is the only Scottish team to be European champions are Celtic. In FACT they played in two finals in four years.

That should shut them up, and that's before even mentioning the achievements and contribution of all other clubs. What about the FACT Aberdeen have won more European trophies than Rangers?

jdships
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
"With our history and track record we are Scottish football - fact"

Erm, no it isn't a fact. The FACT is the only Scottish team to be European champions are Celtic. In FACT they played in two finals in four years.

That should shut them up, and that's before even mentioning the achievements and contribution of all other clubs. What about the FACT Aberdeen have won more European trophies than Rangers?

Absolutely correct !!
To be honest it has put a bit of strain on our ' friendships' , but as my wife quite rightly says ' It's only a game and they ARE Weegies after all !!!!!!!!!!! '
:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Absolutely correct !!
To be honest it has put a bit of strain on our ' friendships' , but as my wife quite rightly says ' It's only a game and they ARE Weegies after all !!!!!!!!!!! '
:greengrin

Their 'We are the people' Ku Klux Klan superiority complex is pathetic, particularly when the club ended in liquidation and humiliation. Their outdated bigotry is rejected by almost everybody else now, and they are held up as an example of everything a football club shouldn't be. Just give them a wee reminder of that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Interesting thread !!
It also begs another question !
If/when Sally gets the heave who is going to employ him as a Football Manager , especially in Scotland ?
If nothing else he has been found out both as a person and a manager over the past few months
Will he end up as another ' Football Pundit' for which job , with his big mouth, he is ideally suited or is it back to something like ' A Question of Sport ' ?
Anyone got any ideas who would/might employ a ' rent a mouth' such as he ? :rolleyes:

:flag:
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

The man is a bellend, but, would be a prime candidate for a seat in The Soccer Saturday studio as the token cheeky Scotsman!

heretoday
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
McCoist as manager was the daftest idea out. A populist appointment based on no evidence of managerial competence at all. If he lost his job tomorrow I doubt many clubs would be queuing up to take him on.

sbell1875
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
What does that mean? I can probably make a decent guess though.

It is a male body part often found hanging between the legs!

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
4 of us in the car. I had to open a door to let the water oot coz of the tears o' laughter.

David Moyes .. :faf:

Bostonhibby
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
The man is a bellend, but, would be a prime candidate for a seat in The Soccer Saturday studio as the token cheeky Scotsman!

:agree: - The Barry Fry of the North

Holmesdale Hibs
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM

What history is that then? Sevco has only been in existence for a few months and have been nothing more than an average 3rd division side with ****my unwashed fans. That comment would have more merit coming from a Annan Athletic fan.

Jack Hackett
07-10-2012, 05:50 PM
McCoist as manager was the daftest idea out. A populist appointment based on no evidence of managerial competence at all. If he lost his job tomorrow I doubt many clubs would be queuing up to take him on.

He was appointed/anointed by Saint Walter dontcha know. Who are we to criticise edicts from the holy one? :tsk tsk:

ancient hibee
07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Prepare for the return of Uncle Walter.

Jack Hackett
07-10-2012, 06:54 PM

I have a Monarch Airlines surplus sickbag at the ready :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Their results make me wonder if there is some betting scam going on!

HH81
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Good point, if there is why wasn't we told :-)

jacomo
07-10-2012, 08:08 PM

If Sevco are throwing results on purpose, I am sure Alistair Johnston will come out to insist that the authorities were fully informed of what was going on, and Charles Green will say it doesn't matter as he knows at least 2 or 3 other clubs who are doing the same.

Hibercelona
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
McCoist is doing a grand job IMO.

I'd be more than happy to pay his wages if it meant him sticking around a bit longer.

Phil D. Rolls
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Well worth watching his movements. If he leaves the country, it is a sure sign that Inspector Knacker is breathing down several Hunnish necks.

Absolute quality how Walter manages to jump ship as soon as the solids are about to hit the fan. He always leaves a patsy (or sally) in charge so that when it goes nipples up, people are begging him to come back - oblivious to his disloyalty.